PDA

View Full Version : ESPN reporter EDWARD ASCHOFF

Prentis
12-25-2019, 10:02 AM
Passed away last night from pneumonia. He was 34 years old. Condolences to the family.

ShotgunDawg
12-25-2019, 10:07 AM
Terrible news.

Didn't we have a nickname for him?

msstatelp1
12-25-2019, 10:14 AM
Terrible news.

Didn't we have a nickname for him?

I think he was Asschaps during the Freeze glory days.

OLJWales
12-25-2019, 10:16 AM
How the hell does a 34 year old man die like that? It was his birthday too and was born in oxford. His dad was an ole miss professor. He studied at UF. terrible blow to him and his family.

msstatelp1
12-25-2019, 10:27 AM
How the hell does a 34 year old man die like that? It was his birthday too and was born in oxford. His dad was an ole miss professor. He studied at UF. terrible blow to him and his family.

Apparently there's a particularly virulent strain of pneumonia going around that has a bacterial and a viral component. Doctors are treating one and not realizing the other is there. By the time it's recognized the person is in a critical infected stage if not all out sepsis.

ZedFedder
12-25-2019, 10:45 AM
Yeah, he was an Oxford High graduate. From all accounts he had a really bright future in the business. So sad.

Quaoarsking
12-25-2019, 11:11 AM
Always enjoyed his articles. RIP.

DownwardDawg
12-25-2019, 11:33 AM
Apparently there's a particularly virulent strain of pneumonia going around that has a bacterial and a viral component. Doctors are treating one and not realizing the other is there. By the time it's recognized the person is in a critical infected stage if not all out sepsis.

A guy that worked for me had this last year. 25 year old extremely fit and healthy person. Spent weeks in a medically induced coma. Stayed in hospital for about 2 months and missed several months of work. Terrible stuff.

OLJWales
12-25-2019, 11:36 AM

Thank you, that sounds like good info to know.I think I know what the "LP" stands for in your username now.

msbulldog
12-25-2019, 12:12 PM
Get the pneumonia vaccine, I have mine.

Dawg2003
12-25-2019, 01:09 PM
The pneumonia vaccine is only for people over 60 or 65 I think. He probably had the unfortunate luck of getting some weird atypical bacteria/viral strain that doesn't respond to the usual antibiotics. Or he became septic or had some other rare complication (encephalitis).