PDA

View Full Version : Contract buyout conversation

Cowbell
12-24-2019, 10:54 PM
This is not meant to be a Moorhead bashing thread. But I will use his failures as an example for discussion.

Why does their need to be a buyout for a coach that has allowed your program to be put on probation under his watch? Why do we have contracts that do not take into account coaching performance? For a 3-6 million amount of consideration, I believe that a coach should contractually be obligated to sustain some level of performance/success. At least that's how the business world works.

It's like these contracts do nothing good for the school unless the coach is already proven.

Todd4State
12-25-2019, 12:33 AM
It's not the contract that's the problem. It's the people making the decision to execute what's in the contract that's the issue.

bulldawg28
12-25-2019, 12:47 AM
I'm sure like any contract their are breaches and termniable offense clauses. The university's legal team is legitimate.

Cowbell
12-25-2019, 08:04 AM
It's not the contract that's the problem. It's the people making the decision to execute what's in the contract that's the issue.

That's one reason I started this thread. I'm curious where our contracts lines up with other contracts across the league. It does seem like almost every coach gets a buyout these days, no matter the performance. Except for Cann of course lol.