PDA

View Full Version : D'Eriq King, will he transfer from Houston?

msstate7
12-24-2019, 05:25 PM
If he leaves, I have a feeling we could face this guy next season. LSU jumps out as the most logical spot with burrow leaving. How about this one though, Arkansas? Arkansas just killed it with their OC hire, Kendal briles. Kendal is the reason I think ark could be a factor for king. In 2018, king (under briles as his OC) was outstanding. King was 4th nationally in QBR, 7th nationally in total offense, 16th nationally in passing yds/game, 7th nationally in passer rating, and 6th in td passes. Now ark was a disaster this year, so it could be a hard sell to get king; but remember ark has signed 5 4-star WRs and a 4-star te the last 2 years.

Most likely if king transfers though, it'll be LSU. I'm fine with this bc we ain't beating LSU either way

bulldawg28
12-24-2019, 05:32 PM
He doesn't fit their system.

Charlie_Sheen420
12-24-2019, 05:34 PM
If he leaves, I have a feeling we could face this guy next season. LSU jumps out as the most logical spot with burrow leaving. How about this one though, Arkansas? Arkansas just killed it with their OC hire, Kendal briles. Kendal is the reason I think ark could be a factor for king. In 2018, king (under briles as his OC) was outstanding. King was 4th nationally in QBR, 7th nationally in total offense, 16th nationally in passing yds/game, 7th nationally in passer rating, and 6th in td passes. Now ark was a disaster this year, so it could be a hard sell to get king; but remember ark has signed 5 4-star WRs and a 4-star te the last 2 years.

Most likely if king transfers though, it'll be LSU. I'm fine with this bc we ain't beating LSU either way

He’s going to Oklahoma per my source...

ShotgunDawg
12-24-2019, 05:41 PM
King transferring would lead to a change in the transfer rules. That’s free agency and yet again just props up and supports the playoff capable teams. Brutal system that college football currently has

msstate7
12-24-2019, 05:42 PM
He’s going to Oklahoma per my source...

They are obviously a nice landing spot for a big time QB transfer, but what about Mordecai and rattler? Seems that Riley would be using one of his guys this coming year.

ShotgunDawg
12-24-2019, 05:48 PM
Because of all these grad transfer QBs, if I were the father of blue chip QB, I’d advise my son to go to JUCO out of HS. Redshirt the first year in JUCO. Play the 2nd year and then sign with the best school I could where I could start. Then be a 3 year power 5 starter. Avoids all the grad transfer BS, getting buried of depth chart, and gives my son the best chance of developing into an NFL QB

After 2 years of JC you’d be far more physically mature and coaches would be recruiting you to start now rather than develop

sscjr1
12-24-2019, 05:54 PM
King transferring would lead to a change in the transfer rules. That’s free agency and yet again just props up and supports the playoff capable teams. Brutal system that college football currently has

That depends on where he transfers

the_real_MSU_is_us
12-24-2019, 05:54 PM

From my perspective it looks like the "playoff capable teams" are already being propped up. For example UGA, Bama, and LSU cheat their asses off in recruiting, yet the NCAA only goes after the OM's, State's, and Mizzous of the world and turns a completely blind eye to the blue bloods. 85 schollies has propped them up for a long time as you've pointed out before. Why'd a transfer system that helps blue bloods be any different?

ShotgunDawg
12-24-2019, 05:55 PM
From my perspective it looks like the "playoff capable teams" are already being propped up. For example UGA, Bama, and LSU cheat their asses off in recruiting, yet the NCAA only goes after the OM's, State's, and Mizzous of the world and turns a completely blind eye to the blue bloods. 85 schollies has propped them up for a long time as you've pointed out before. Why'd a transfer system that helps blue bloods be any different?

Completely agree

ShotgunDawg
12-24-2019, 05:56 PM
That depends on where he transfers

Agree. Assuming he’s not going to choose Mizzou though.

ShotgunDawg
12-24-2019, 05:59 PM
Because of all these grad transfer QBs, if I were the father of blue chip QB, I’d advise my son to go to JUCO out of HS. Redshirt the first year in JUCO. Play the 2nd year and then sign with the best school I could where I could start. Then be a 3 year power 5 starter. Avoids all the grad transfer BS, getting buried of depth chart, and gives my son the best chance of developing into an NFL QB

After 2 years of JC you’d be far more physically mature and coaches would be recruiting you to start now rather than develop

Take Myles Brennan for example. Signed with LSU but will likely be jumped by 2-3 grad transfer QBs.

Why not go to Pearl River for two years, redshirt 1, mature, let the dust settle with coaching changes and etc. then transfer to Arkansas, TCU, Baylor, Etc and start for 3 years?

Coach34
12-24-2019, 08:03 PM
LSU will get whatever grad transfer they want. Mizzou will be looking.

Franks is leaving Fla- he is someone that could go to a Missouri and make them solid with all the starters they have returning.

ShotgunDawg
12-24-2019, 08:13 PM
LSU will get whatever grad transfer they want. Mizzou will be looking.

Franks is leaving Fla- he is someone that could go to a Missouri and make them solid with all the starters they have returning.

In theory yes, but Franks sucks. He's just not a good QB. Worse than Kelly Bryant by a good bit.

KB21
12-24-2019, 08:22 PM
Until he declared for the draft, I was concerned that LSU would get Jordan Love as a grad transfer. You think that offense hummed with Joe Burrow. Jordan Love is immensely more talented.

dawgs
12-24-2019, 09:24 PM
Take Myles Brennan for example. Signed with LSU but will likely be jumped by 2-3 grad transfer QBs.

Why not go to Pearl River for two years, redshirt 1, mature, let the dust settle with coaching changes and etc. then transfer to Arkansas, TCU, Baylor, Etc and start for 3 years?

Because what happens if you suck at pcc

Bothrops
12-24-2019, 09:34 PM

LSU could beat us without a qb.

the_real_MSU_is_us
12-24-2019, 09:43 PM
In theory yes, but Franks sucks. He's just not a good QB. Worse than Kelly Bryant by a good bit.

I mean after what you said about Burrow being a game manager, we'd definitely lose to a Franks led Kentucky team lol (I kid I kid).

But I agree though, Franks was mediocre and was propped up by a really good coach who never tried to make Franks do more than he could handle. Franks at most places looks like Jake Bentley at SC, who will probably play better at his next school since he won't have Muschamp as a coach.

the_real_MSU_is_us
12-24-2019, 09:46 PM
Because what happens if you suck at pcc

If you truly suck at PCC after a year to redshirt then you probably were never going to develop into a starter at a P5 program anyway. Plus, if you're mediocre at PCC you'd be able to get a G5 scholarship if not a P5. And anyway, there's always at least one reasonably local P5 team that's desperate and might take you anyway

LC Dawg
12-24-2019, 10:39 PM

I hope you'd let him take some kick ass recruiting trips before you tell him he's spending his next two years in Scooba, MS.

VandelayIndustries
12-24-2019, 10:49 PM
Have heard LSU, we’ll see

WPS
12-25-2019, 12:10 AM
Would love to get King due to the relationship with Briles but can’t blame him at all if he went to LSU. Be interested to see if we try to get Malik Hornsby too. It will be nice to have some actual coaching for KJ Jefferson if he ends up being the guy.

I don’t think the offense is too far off from being pretty solid but the defense is still going to take another 2-3 years.

dawgs
12-25-2019, 03:43 AM
If you truly suck at PCC after a year to redshirt then you probably were never going to develop into a starter at a P5 program anyway. Plus, if you're mediocre at PCC you'd be able to get a G5 scholarship if not a P5. And anyway, there's always at least one reasonably local P5 team that's desperate and might take you anyway

I just can't see CC opening up more doors for highly regarded QB croots than being buried on the depth chart at bama or LSU or usc for 1-2 seasons.

MetEdDawg
12-25-2019, 08:37 AM
I just can't see CC opening up more doors for highly regarded QB croots than being buried on the depth chart at bama or LSU or usc for 1-2 seasons.

It won't. That's why no one is doing it. You get way better coaching sitting a year at Oklahoma then you do playing a year in junior college.

And let's be real now. How many QBs are going to junior college straight out of high school then coming into big time D1 football and being successful? Not sure I can remember any in the last 5-10 years that went straight to JUCO then became successful in D1 football. It just doesn't happen anymore.

The days of juco being the developmental backbone of programs is going away. It can be for some, but as we've seen, the acclimation period is too great for most. JUCO's have limited resources, limited funding, don't play legit competition, don't work out like D1 programs do, don't have nutrition programs like D1 programs do, and they still have to come in and adjust to your culture and lifestyle and playbook in 4-6 months.

It's just not as beneficial as it used to be as a whole.

MarketingBully
12-25-2019, 01:54 PM

Arkansas needs more then a good OC hire to fix that shitheep. Are you serious?

MarketingBully
12-25-2019, 01:58 PM
Would love to get King due to the relationship with Briles but can’t blame him at all if he went to LSU. Be interested to see if we try to get Malik Hornsby too. It will be nice to have some actual coaching for KJ Jefferson if he ends up being the guy.

I don’t think the offense is too far off from being pretty solid but the defense is still going to take another 2-3 years.

Your guy will be more like EdO at Ole Miss not EdO at USC/LSU. It’s much easier to be a HC when you can get recruits at the level of LSU and USCW. Arkansas doesn’t have the Jimmys and Joes to do much with a HC who hasn’t even been a coordinator before.

WPS
12-25-2019, 03:28 PM
Your guy will be more like EdO at Ole Miss not EdO at USC/LSU. It?s much easier to be a HC when you can get recruits at the level of LSU and USCW. Arkansas doesn?t have the Jimmys and Joes to do much with a HC who hasn?t even been a coordinator before.

Ed O left enough talent at Ole Miss for Houston Nutt of all people to go to back to back cotton bowls so I think most Arkansas fans would be pretty happy with that even if his coaching is sub par.

Pittman has gotten OC offers before he just turned them down. At some point being associate head coach at 3 different places and in the SEC for more than a decade means more than being a coordinator at one point. Only real difference is calling plays and Briles will be doing that anyway.

Coach34
12-25-2019, 03:45 PM

Well, maybe. But I'll take a guy that was completing 76% of his passes before he got hurt

MarketingBully
12-25-2019, 06:59 PM
Ed O left enough talent at Ole Miss for Houston Nutt of all people to go to back to back cotton bowls so I think most Arkansas fans would be pretty happy with that even if his coaching is sub par.

Pittman has gotten OC offers before he just turned them down. At some point being associate head coach at 3 different places and in the SEC for more than a decade means more than being a coordinator at one point. Only real difference is calling plays and Briles will be doing that anyway.

So if Pittman finishes seventh in the West the next two years with similar 2-10 or 3-9 records will you guys fire him as well? This was a Neil Calloway UAB HC type hire imo. Arkansas could and should have done much better then Pittman imo.