PDA

View Full Version : Discuss: Minus Bama, I actually have more interest in the CFPs this year...

WSOPdawg
12-24-2019, 01:30 PM
Anybody else looking forward to seeing both LSU/Oklahoma and Clemson/Ohio State as much as I am?

FWIW, LSU is currently a 13.5 favorite while Clemson is favored 2 over the Buckeyes.

Before the Edwards-Helaire injury, I was thinking a 14-point win for Coach O, but will be interesting to see how this impacts LSU's performance. And while it can be argued that Clemson hasn't played anybody, I really see them getting up for Ohio St and putting to rest this disrespect. Thoughts from anybody else?

Dawgface
12-24-2019, 01:44 PM
I'm more interested as well. I hope anyone wins other than Clemson. I'm tired of 'dynasty' talk about any team.

ShotgunDawg
12-24-2019, 01:55 PM
I just want variety with more teams & fan bases having a chance to experience this. I think this is the most interesting playoff field yet.

To Bama, as good as they are, isn't interesting. it's just an NFL factory that lacks cultural appeal to me. They're boring

msstate7
12-24-2019, 02:00 PM
I'd rather Bama be there than lsu, and I absolutely detest Bama. It makes me sick that LSU is benefiting at the highest level in part due to robbing from sick kids. I hope Oklahoma bends them over (but I know they won't)

ShotgunDawg
12-24-2019, 02:03 PM
I'd rather Bama be there than lsu, and I absolutely detest Bama. It makes me sick that LSU is benefiting at the highest level in part due to robbing from sick kids. I hope Oklahoma bends them over (but I know they won't)

I'm still lost as to why the media isn't covering the LSU/sick kid situation. They've completely ignored it

WSOPdawg
12-24-2019, 02:20 PM

I'm still lost as to why the media isn't covering the LSU/sick kid situation. They've completely ignored it

To me, given what we know and how it was an LSU booster that got sentenced by the Feds, the NCAA should be doing due-diligence and investigating LSU... but I think we all know the NCAA is now nothing more than a toothless tiger sans the OM slap-on-the-wrist a few years back.

THE Bruce Dickinson
12-24-2019, 02:21 PM
I just want variety with more teams & fan bases having a chance to experience this. I think this is the most interesting playoff field yet.

To Bama, as good as they are, isn't interesting. it's just an NFL factory that lacks cultural appeal to me. They're boring

I agree with you here. When the Playoff started, I thought I would love it, but after 5 years the luster has worn off. There are really only about 6 or 7 teams that have a chance to make it, and its always 3 of the same 5. It makes the rest of the season somewhat meaningless to me.

msudawg1200
12-24-2019, 02:43 PM
No doubt that without Bama I’m way more interested. I hate those bastards and their bandwagon fans(especially the one’s here in Mississippi) so bad. Seeing Saban’s dictator ass on the sideline plus dealing with their idiot fans has really made me hate watching the CFP, but not this year!

ShotgunDawg
12-24-2019, 02:53 PM
I agree with you here. When the Playoff started, I thought I would love it, but after 5 years the luster has worn off. There are really only about 6 or 7 teams that have a chance to make it, and its always 3 of the same 5. It makes the rest of the season somewhat meaningless to me.

Yup.

The recruiting sites have begun to identify the talent at such young ages that it's made it almost impossible for the 2nd tier to compete. When kids are getting 5 star ratings in the 10th grade, the blue blood supporters swoop in & start the process. It's brutal

DeputyDawg94
12-24-2019, 05:40 PM
I’m loving Bama not being in it. I’m to the point now I only watch a Bama game is if I think there is a legit chance they lose. I wish they would expand the playoffs to 8. This way the 4 teams that are automatic get in and there is something for other teams to hope for. As it stands there’s not much suspense at the beginning of the season as to who is getting in. It’s boring as hell.