PDA

View Full Version : What Happens If Louisville Blows Us Out?

ShotgunDawg
12-24-2019, 01:29 PM
With the Willie Gay/Shrader situation, I feel like the next week is really a cross roads for this program.

Does this situation pull our team together or does it split them apart?

It's clear that we have a culture problem in this program right now, but can Joe fix it? Seems to me that he has 1 week to fix it.

If we get blown out by Louisville, then on Tuesday I expect our boosters will be pissed & want Joe's head for good this time

What will Cohen do?

Remember, if we fire Joe, all of our signees have the option of being released from their scholarship & to open up their recruitment?

If Just don't see us getting blown out next week as something that the big boosters are going to be Ok with. Especially in light of another team discipline issue that appears to be common now with this program. And it falls on Joe as the team is a reflection of him.

WSOPdawg
12-24-2019, 01:33 PM
I'm very interested to see how "prepared" our team is against a mediocre L'ville team given we should run for 300+ yards easily.

bluelightstar
12-24-2019, 01:38 PM
Nothing. He still gets fired in about 10 months.

TrapGame
12-24-2019, 01:47 PM
Ya see...

I had a weird dream last weekend where we were blown out and Joe was totally clueless in the presser. He gave excuse after excuse. The next day I get on ED and there's like a thousand page thread about Joe getting fired. We hired Todd Grantham the same day and then there's a whole weird subdream where C34 is telling us Grantham reached out us before Joe was fired and we'd been talking to him in case the blowout happened. So, I dream of a fast presser with Grantham in maroon and he says he is bringing in Lashley as the OC. Very weird and life like for a dream. And for the record I'm not a Grantham guy so I don't know where that came from.

But to your point...

If we get blown out by Louisville and keep Joe we deserve everything that befalls us next season. We're "forcing" a head coach to make changes he should already be doing without any prodding. It seems Cohen has been prodding him for two seasons. That tells me we screwed this up royally and are trying to save face by forcing Joe to do things which are not in his nature as a coach. We're trying to get a tiger to change his stripes.

ShotgunDawg
12-24-2019, 01:53 PM
Nothing. He still gets fired in about 10 months.

IDK.

If next Monday goes horribly bad, I could see something happening. Especially with Napier still sitting out there

msstate7
12-24-2019, 01:57 PM
Joe wouldn't be fired. We'd get a history lesson from joe telling us how lucky we are to even be in a bowl. Apathy sets in even more. Spring game attendance looks like a couple 1-8 2A schools squaring off. Moorhead's farewell tour starts off in September

TrapGame
12-24-2019, 01:59 PM
IDK.

If next Monday goes horribly bad, I could see something happening. Especially with Napier still sitting out there

The emotion of the EB will be gone. The State boosters backing Joe have been getting harassed by OM buddies about their "wonderful" hire. We might not get rid of him but a blowout loss will put us right back to the cluster**** we had after the EB. And next season Starkville will be a ghost town for home games.

Jack Lambert
12-24-2019, 02:15 PM
I don't think that is a what if I am worried about.

1. ACC is weak this year.
2. UL isn't that good.
3. This will be Joe Moorheads best coached game ever.
A. He knows the gravity of the situation
B. He knows how close he was to losing his job.
C. He was told he cannot lose this game.
D. He knows that he lost the fan base. He lost last bowl game when we should have won. This is a chance to start to heal those emotions from the fan.
E. He is a smart guy and will figure things out. He is not Croom. Croom did not want to be here. Joe does!
F. Most of all we have more talent then UL.

My opinion flame away

Jacksondevildog
12-24-2019, 02:33 PM
If we lose, our media guys will be talking about how Moorhead is the right guy and he has the support of Cohen. When he gets fired after next season, they will come out and say that they have always known that there were issues and he wasn?t the right fit. They will act like we are stupid.

Katdoc12
12-24-2019, 02:39 PM
If GS cant play, that is just another built in excuse that will be used as we're told we dont REALLY know what we are seeing & that he is building a culture. :rolleyes:

Coursesuper
12-24-2019, 02:42 PM
What will happen, fewer asses in seats and more 11:00 starts.

parabrave
12-24-2019, 02:47 PM
With the Willie Gay/Shrader situation, I feel like the next week is really a cross roads for this program.

It's clear that we have a culture problem in this program right now, but can Joe fix it? Seems to me that he has 1 week to fix it.

If we get blown out by Louisville, then on Tuesday I expect our boosters will be pissed & want Joe's head for good this time

What will Cohen do?

Remember, if we fire Joe, all of our signees have the option of being released from their scholarship & to open up their recruitment?

If Just don't see us getting blown out next week as something that the big boosters are going to be Ok with. Especially in light of another team discipline issue that appears to be common now with this program. And it falls on Joe as the team is a reflection of him.

He is here next year since the best coach available according to some is now coaching at OM. Plus he has ore than 2 weeks to prepare HIS offense for that rock solid Louisville defense.

Todd4State
12-24-2019, 03:08 PM
I don't think that is a what if I am worried about.

1. ACC is weak this year.
2. UL isn't that good.
3. This will be Joe Moorheads best coached game ever.
A. He knows the gravity of the situation
B. He knows how close he was to losing his job.
C. He was told he cannot lose this game.
D. He knows that he lost the fan base. He lost last bowl game when we should have won. This is a chance to start to heal those emotions from the fan.
E. He is a smart guy and will figure things out. He is not Croom. Croom did not want to be here. Joe does!
F. Most of all we have more talent then UL.

My opinion flame away

All of this is why I would be beyond myself livid at Willie Gay if I was Joe.

HailStateSZN19
12-24-2019, 03:20 PM
If we get blown out by this UL team when it’s supposed to a “good matchup” for us, then just go ahead and fire Joe’s ass right then and go get Napier. Will that happen? Hell naw. It would be very difficult to put a staff together that late & of course you open up the possibility for signees to look elsewhere. But if we suck next year with Joe & he’s fired anyways, if the kids are only here because of Joe then won’t they just hop in the portal and head elsewhere anyways? We’re in a time where there’s more Freshman/Sophomore/Juniors jumping in the portal that aren’t even “grad transfers” with immediate eligibility. So if kids are to where they don’t want to be here if Joe’s not here, they’re most likely going to leave eventually through the portal anyways if Joe gets fired next season. Id still pull for MSU all next season obviously but my excitement going into a season would be at an all time low & apathy level would be even higher than previously this season. Davis Wade will be an absolute ghost town next season if we lose this bowl game. I’m fully expecting us to lose this game now after all this crap getting out about the Willie/Shrader fight. Smh, we can’t get out of our own way.

R2Dawg
12-24-2019, 03:23 PM

What will Cohen do?

OK what going on with Shrader and Gay? I've been out of pocket for several weeks.

Dawgfan77
12-24-2019, 03:47 PM
Joe with two weeks to prepare couldn?t beat Louisville HS much less ULwith a Superior HC

gravedigger
12-24-2019, 04:02 PM

What will Cohen do?

A message board melt.

"The sound and the fury, signifying nothing"

Dawgology
12-24-2019, 04:23 PM
I’m confused. Are we saying that GS isn’t starting because he got punched in the eye? JoMo told media that Schrader is the starter for the bowl game Sunday. Has that changed?

Lord McBuckethead
12-24-2019, 04:26 PM
I want a competitive game. As long as it is competitive, moorhead needs to stay. If we win, he stays. I am really tired of thinking about a new coach, when we are fully capable of correcting what is wrong, and it all starts with player leadership.

Someone needs to be on the field demanding focus, execution, and effort. That absolutely needs to be the qb, RB and a DL, LB, or Safety.

Like I have always said, I want moorhead to get it together. He has to correct our repeating mistakes. Time to get it going.

DeputyDawg94
12-24-2019, 04:32 PM
We’ll get a history lesson on how bad we’ve sucked in the past and told how lucky we are that he got HIS team and HIS program to bowl game. He’ll smart off to the fans for expecting to actually win the game or at least look good trying and Cohen will gently pat him on the ass and tell him good job. His buyout might go up to.

the_real_MSU_is_us
12-24-2019, 04:42 PM
Admin already passed up the best time to get a new coach knowing full and well 1) Joe underperformed, 2) the fans were completely out, 3) the '20 season revenue would be way down. I don't see 1 more loss being the difference after all that was decided. We already came to the fork in the road, I don't think anything UL can do to us would make them turn around and pick the other way

DogsofAnarchy
12-24-2019, 05:27 PM
IDK.

Nope. The best that we can hope for is to win and some changes to the staff be made. JoMo is not going anywhere and it wouldn’t matter if Nick Saban wanted to come to MSU.

Tbonewannabe
12-24-2019, 05:38 PM
Admin already passed up the best time to get a new coach knowing full and well 1) Joe underperformed, 2) the fans were completely out, 3) the '20 season revenue would be way down. I don't see 1 more loss being the difference after all that was decided. We already came to the fork in the road, I don't think anything UL can do to us would make them turn around and pick the other way

I agree with this. I think the MSU Admin is willing to gamble on low ticket sales and donations. They are fully bought in with the steadily decreasing offensive production being the players just not fitting Slomo's system.

TrapGame
12-24-2019, 06:25 PM
I agree with this. I think the MSU Admin is willing to gamble on low ticket sales and donations. They are fully bought in with the steadily decreasing offensive production being the players just not fitting Slomo's system.

Joe won the argument. He convinced the admin that he won 6 games with a gimp, a freshman and down three starters on defense. They fully believe with his players in his system he can win 9-10 games a season. I can see them giving him 2021 to prove it.

ScottH
12-24-2019, 06:56 PM
MSU admin appear impotent

lastmajordog
12-24-2019, 11:11 PM
Totally have no faith in the ?DOGS? leadership.

RougeDawg
12-24-2019, 11:49 PM
MSU admin appear impotent

Impotent, incompetent and flat out mentally challenged. Keep backing SloMo and JoCo and go down with the Titanic.

NCDawg
12-25-2019, 01:29 PM
After all, Moorhead says MS State has only had 2 seasons in which they won 10 games and has won only one SECW championship. Who do we think we are? We should be satisfied with mediocrity.

OLJWales
12-25-2019, 01:40 PM
After all, Moorhead says MS State has only had 2 seasons in which they won 10 games and has won only one SECW championship. Who do we think we are? We should be satisfied with mediocrity.

did he actually say that? if so, that's worse than Nutt's "50 years" comment. regarding Louisville, I expect we will get our ass kicked prolly cuz we won't have Shrader or WG.

IMissJack
12-26-2019, 01:18 PM
Especially with the changes Carter has made at OM recently. At least he is giving the impression that he wants to win.

Mobile Bay
12-26-2019, 01:24 PM
I?m confused. Are we saying that GS isn?t starting because he got punched in the eye? JoMo told media that Schrader is the starter for the bowl game Sunday. Has that changed?

Yes it's changed. There is an article explaining it on Gene's page

StateDawg44
12-26-2019, 01:38 PM

What will Cohen do?

Nothing is going to change if we get blown out.

Cohen will do nothing.

Just stop. Find something else to do with your time while this regime is calling the shots.

He had a chance to gain some traction capitalizing on this bowl game but this does it for me. No way I get upset about any outcomes of any games until he is gone.

IDK.

And this is based off of....???? A hunch?

yjnkdawg
12-26-2019, 01:50 PM
Nothing will happen if we get blown out. We won the Egg Bowl. So I guess we met our AD/JoeMo goals and expectations, for this year, concerning our football program. :(

yjnkdawg
12-26-2019, 01:56 PM
IDK.

Unless something drastically happens in the thinking of the ones who make the calls (and it won't), then as for as our football program is concerned, Napier will still be sitting out there.

timotheus
12-26-2019, 02:16 PM
Just relax, Joe will win 6 again next year and take us to a bowl.

Goldendawg
12-26-2019, 02:42 PM
Just relax, Joe will win 6 again next year and take us to a bowl.

So we are going to have 6 OOC games next year?******

Todd4State
12-26-2019, 05:09 PM
Especially with the changes Carter has made at OM recently. At least he is giving the impression that he wants to win.

I get the impression that they tired to make a splash. Just like always.

sonof34
12-26-2019, 05:22 PM

What will Cohen do?

You Mullen Cucks stay praying for failure...get behind the team and cheer or move it along for the true fans

OLJWales
12-26-2019, 06:21 PM
You Mullen Cucks stay praying for failure...get behind the team and cheer or move it along for the true fans

nobody's praying for failure dude. we would only hope that Cohen made the right hire but apparently he didn't. Wanting change and expecting the best out of what we have does not make someone a non "true fan". .

nice user name there too . is 34 your your biological dad?

the_real_MSU_is_us
12-26-2019, 06:29 PM

The failure is in keeping a bad coach that will tank our culture and on field performance. Getting a good coach is the only way to avoid that failure because Joe ain't it

PGHBulldogBG
12-26-2019, 06:33 PM
The right hire we should’ve made is now in Morgantown West Virginia

NCDawg
12-26-2019, 06:50 PM
The right hire we should’ve made is now in Morgantown West Virginia

He would have been preferable, I agree.

R2Dawg
12-26-2019, 07:27 PM

Joe's constantly running MSU down with those comments is where he lost me. You don't do that to a school/program/fan base that you love. He did it because he puts himself above the program and the school. We don't need that here. Winners don't do stuff like that.

Goldendawg
12-26-2019, 08:09 PM
I get the impression that they tired to make a splash. Just like always.

Only splash that Jo has made this year is when he carried the team to the water park instead of the South Farm. Hail State!