PDA

View Full Version : Mississippi State 2018 Team has 4 2019 NFL Starters.....

RougeDawg
12-24-2019, 12:23 AM
Sweat, Simmons, Arbrams, and Jenkins.

Not to mention the other guys we have had, but is there any other team ?non blue blood? with 4 rookie starters this nfl season? Please prove me wrong. I really want to know. Because if someone had that type of talent I?m sure they would have been a player in the 2018 playoff picture. Such as Ohio state, Clemson, LSU, Bama et al. Let?s add in, did any of those teams have 3 first round picks? And 4 nfl starters?

Asking these questions for those of you who defend 2018 and 2019. You have to have maroon glasses or lack of mentally acumen to defend 2018 and then defend 2019.

I?m Just wondering at which point Common sense takes over idiocy.

Yes the horse is dead and been beaten, but some of you would miss the water for the pool.

Can?t wait for the LT John Cohen p*ssy ass responses that we should accept where we are. You are losers with this mindset. I pity you and those around you. Losers breed losers.

msugolf
12-24-2019, 05:19 AM
Don't worry, they'll see next year when his team becomes even more charmin soft. The more time that passes, the more he'll be able to instill his own personality on the team with his own players.

We decided to blow up the program apparently and change the culture from tough and hard nosed to passive and finesse. That's why there is a divide between some players on the team (including former players who know what's going on).

This is going to be the real challenge for whoever has to take over after him. Yes there will be talent leftover but what will the culture be like? Changing that can sometimes be more difficult than recruiting better players.

shoeless joe
12-24-2019, 06:47 AM
Also, that team had an SEC record holder at QB...albeit not as a passer but surely any coach worth their salt would design a game plan around the strengths of their players. We had 2 high level SEC running backs. People complain about the wideouts, hell they shouldn’t have mattered with what we had on the line and in the backfield.

People are vastly underrating the shit show that ‘18 was with the talent we had. I will say for the hundredth time...the list of coaches that would have won 8 or fewer games with that team is extremely short, croom isn’t even on that list.

Coach34
12-24-2019, 07:02 AM
5 NFL Starters- Deion Calhoun starts for the Dolphins...and Darryl Williams will get drafted this April and probably start next season in the NFL

I've posted 100 times about it. There's no defending 2018

RezDog7
12-24-2019, 09:45 AM
If you guys post about it daily, we will probably get those 2-3 extra wins back.

Maroonthirteen
12-24-2019, 10:03 AM
If you guys post about it daily, we will probably get those 2-3 extra wins back.

Joe did challenge ANYONE to drag his Yankee ass out of Starkville. Maybe try that instead..... hahaha.

RiverCityDawg
12-24-2019, 10:07 AM
Who defends 2018 here? This isn't Genespage.

bluelightstar
12-24-2019, 10:12 AM
Who defends 2018 here? This isn't Genespage.

Plenty of people still trot out that tired “we were ‘2 dropped passes’ from 10 wins” mantra.

HoopsDawg
12-24-2019, 10:20 AM
It's been a rough 2 years. And we clearly have a culture problem as well.

the_real_MSU_is_us
12-24-2019, 10:21 AM
Plenty of people still trot out that tired “we were ‘2 dropped passes’ from 10 wins” mantra.

or the "we have no talent on O" line, as if 1) a Sr 1000 yard RB in Aeris + Kylin Hill weren't a damn good backfield, 2) a 3rd year starting QB who set SEC records wasn't a guy any coach could possibly make productive, and 3) 2 immediate NFL starters on OL + an OL who will get drafted this year (Williams) + 2 returning starters at the OT spots.... but I guess that doesn't count as talent on O. WRs did (and still do) suck, so that's true.

We literally had one of the top 10 most talented OLs in the country, a top 10 backfield, and a top 3 running QB. We should have been at worst middle of the SEC in total O because we should have rammed it down their throats like Mullen did with the same exact personnel in '17.

Todd4State
12-24-2019, 11:01 AM
It's been a rough 2 years. And we clearly have a culture problem as well.

Everyone involved with MSU needs 2020 to be a special season in the worst way on many different levels.

THE Bruce Dickinson
12-24-2019, 11:03 AM
Ole Miss also has 4 NFL starters that were part of their 5-7 team. One of which might be the NFL Rookie of the year this season. Brown, Metcalf, Little, Knox

This board really needs to change the 17n record.

We hired Moorhead to run his offense, Not Dan Mullen's. His offense depends a huge amount on the ability to make downfield throws and we simply did not have that ability with our receivers and quarterback. We still don't have it.

He is here for at least one more year. Get on board or just be quiet.

RiverCityDawg
12-24-2019, 11:18 AM
Ole Miss also has 4 NFL starters that were part of their 5-7 team. One of which might be the NFL Rookie of the year this season. Brown, Metcalf, Little, Knox

This board really needs to change the 17n record.

We hired Moorhead to run his offense, Not Dan Mullen's. His offense depends a huge amount on the ability to make downfield throws and we simply did not have that ability with our receivers and quarterback. We still don't have it.

I stand corrected, there are still some here.

He's not going to have dramatically different offensive talent at State. Better, sure, but how much better? He isn't even close right now to the point that it can't just be about talent. In two years he's rarely even been able to successfully identify what he can and cannot get his players to execute. That problem goes well beyond lack of talent.

THE Bruce Dickinson
12-24-2019, 11:27 AM
I stand corrected, there are still some here.

He's not going to have dramatically different offensive talent at State. Better, sure, but how much better? He isn't even close right now to the point that it can't just be about talent. In two years he's rarely even been able to successfully identify what he can and cannot get his players to execute. That problem goes well beyond lack of talent.

He lacks talent in the key area that makes his offense go. I don't think we are ever going to have receivers like Bama did this year, but I certainly think we can upgrade from what we have right now because our group is very bad.

I will not defend Moorhead at all costs. There have been signs that he's not going to work out here, but we had to give him another year. If we continue trending down after next season we should consider making a change. As for right now, though, He is the coach and will be next year unless something catastrophic happens. Certain posters on this board seem to think that if they post enough BS about the guy, the he will be fired all of a sudden. It's exhausting to read this crap.

the_real_MSU_is_us
12-24-2019, 11:52 AM

OM had 3 pass catchers and 1 OL start in the NFL. They had zero talent on D, no RB, overall the OL was bad. of the 4 elements to the game (passing, running, stopping the pass, stopping the run) they had one. We had 3. Also, Luke got fired for a reason, and if he was State's coach most here would be unhappy because Luke is a very mediocre coach.

Which is why he should have ADAPTED HIS O TO WHAT WE COULD DO! We all want Joe to get good WRs because we know that what he needs for his O. That doesn't mean he needs to have Fitz throw 35 times in a rain vs Kentucky when we can't block their DE and Fitz clearly didn't know what to read and the WRs were dropping passes. Run an O that works as you bring in the players to make your prefered O work. It's not hard. Mullen does it with Trask. Reilly changed his O from Baker to Mayfield to Hurts based on what they could do well.

Ah yes, the old "if you don't like the way things are just shut up or leave!" tactic, commonly used to tell libertarians to move to Somalia and Liberals to move to Europe. Because nobody should be allowed to voice displeasure with how things are, or talk about how things can be done better.

OR, if you don't like the Joe bashing, maybe YOU can just not click on a thread that's clearly going to be Joe bashing. You sound like a snowflake wanting everyone else to be quiet, rather than you avoiding the places where things you don't like will be talked about.

OLJWales
12-24-2019, 12:08 PM
He lacks talent in the key area that makes his offense go. I don't think we are ever going to have receivers like Bama did this year, but I certainly think we can upgrade from what we have right now because our group is very bad.

I will not defend Moorhead at all costs. There have been signs that he's not going to work out here, but we had to give him another year. If we continue trending down after next season we should consider making a change. As for right now, though, He is the coach and will be next year unless something catastrophic happens. Certain posters on this board seem to think that if they post enough BS about the guy, the he will be fired all of a sudden. It's exhausting to read this crap.

Its not bullshit, its the truth. There's no excuse for 2018 trying to force a round peg into a square hole. That in and of itself shows he was unable to get the best out of the talent available and not smart enough to be a SEC head coach. If you don't like posters pointing out the obvious, maybe you need to take a vacation because this is a sports message board and people are going to post things whether you like it or not.

Oh, and we did not HAVE to give him another year. Now THAT is bullshit.

THE Bruce Dickinson
12-24-2019, 12:12 PM
OM had 3 pass catchers and 1 OL start in the NFL. They had zero talent on D, no RB, overall the OL was bad. of the 4 elements to the game (passing, running, stopping the pass, stopping the run) they had one. We had 3. Also, Luke got fired for a reason, and if he was State's coach most here would be unhappy because Luke is a very mediocre coach.

Which is why he should have ADAPTED HIS O TO WHAT WE COULD DO! We all want Joe to get good WRs because we know that what he needs for his O. That doesn't mean he needs to have Fitz throw 35 times in a rain vs Kentucky when we can't block their DE and Fitz clearly didn't know what to read and the WRs were dropping passes. Run an O that works as you bring in the players to make your prefered O work. It's not hard. Mullen does it with Trask. Reilly changed his O from Baker to Mayfield to Hurts based on what they could do well.

Ah yes, the old "if you don't like the way things are just shut up or leave!" tactic, commonly used to tell libertarians to move to Somalia and Liberals to move to Europe. Because nobody should be allowed to voice displeasure with how things are, or talk about how things can be done better.

OR, if you don't like the Joe bashing, maybe YOU can just not click on a thread that's clearly going to be Joe bashing. You sound like a snowflake wanting everyone else to be quiet, rather than you avoiding the places where things you don't like will be talked about.

Kentucky was a 10-3 team that absolutely ate us up on the edge with their #7 overall pick Josh Allen. Our fans keep acting like UK wasn't good in 2018. They were better than us. Get over it.

Awesome Job by Lincoln Riley by having a good offense with back to back Heisman trophy winners and a Heisman trophy runner up. Is he an offensive genius or just happened to get lucky with these 3 guys?

Ah the "snowflake" argument...As for me not reading/posting, I have been doing much less lately. It is exhausting to come here and read the constant bitching (about everything). From where I sit, you sound like one of these people that constantly bitches about Trump. He isn't going anywhere so just get it over it already, Snowflake.

the_real_MSU_is_us
12-24-2019, 12:28 PM
Kentucky was a 10-3 team that absolutely ate us up on the edge with their #7 overall pick Josh Allen. Our fans keep acting like UK wasn't good in 2018. They were better than us. Get over it.

1) part of the problem is that Joe nver adjusted to what Allen was doing to us. He kept leaving the OTs alone with no TE/RB help.

2) Kentucky being better than us has NOTHING to do with the fact our offensive gameplan was horrible and not at all catered to what we're good at. Alabama is better than us, but if we say, ran a flea flicker on literally every play would you not agree that's a horrible plan? What about if we ran 10)% flea flickers vs a team we're better than, like an G5 team? Complaining about a 100% flea flicker offense is valid whether we're playing a better or a worse team. Well the O vs Kentucky was god awful and we have a right to point to it as an example of Joe failing to have the O reach its potential.

Ah the "snowflake" argument...As for me not reading/posting, I have been doing much less lately. It is exhausting to come here and read the constant bitching (about everything). From where I sit, you sound like one of these people that constantly bitches about Trump. He isn't going anywhere so just get it over it already, Snowflake.

YOU INTENTIONALLY CLICKED ON A THREAD BASHING JOE AND TOLD US TO STOP BASHING JOE! You can't just say "uh, YOU sound like a snowflake, snowflake!" as a counter-argument lol

HoopsDawg
12-24-2019, 12:58 PM
Please stop. This debate is over and has been decided. Slo mo did a horrible job in 2018 and things haven't gotten any better.

WSOPdawg
12-24-2019, 01:06 PM

OMG, the delusion is strong with this one!!! We hired Moorhead WIN and take us to the next level that Mullen couldn't (JoMo's offense be damned!!!)!!!

Moorhead was hired to win, not run his dumba$$ offense! 10 wins with last year's squad shoulda been a given, 6 with this year's team is egregious! But keep pumping that sunshine and tell yourself what a great season 6 or 7 wins is for MSU...

Coach34
12-24-2019, 01:14 PM
OMG, the delusion is strong with this one!!! We hired Moorhead WIN and take us to the next level that Mullen couldn't (JoMo's offense be damned!!!)!!!

Moorhead was hired to win, not run his dumba$$ offense! 10 wins with last year's squad shoulda been a given, 6 with this year's team is egregious! But keep pumping that sunshine and tell yourself what a great season 6 or 7 wins is for MSU...

damn- you beat me to it. We didn’t hire Moorhead to run his offense- we hired him to score points and win games. Mullen isn’t “running his offense” with Trask at QB is he? And still winning. That’s what good coaches do

msstate7
12-24-2019, 01:20 PM
damn- you beat me to it. We didn?t hire Moorhead to run his offense- we hired him to score points and win games. Mullen isn?t ?running his offense? with Trask at QB is he? And still winning. That?s what good coaches do

I think that's the problem... we don't have a good coach

THE Bruce Dickinson
12-24-2019, 01:37 PM
The OP challenged anyone to name a team with 4 NFL starters that wasn't a blue blood team. I didn't even have to leave the state to do it, but that example simply wasn't good enough. The goalposts got moved mid argument like they always do.

I didn't click on a Joe bashing thread. Also, I am sure if I were to start a pro Moorhead thread (which I won't) you would sit on the sidelines and NOT chime in to tell everyone how much of an idiot he is , and that he is over his head.

10 wins is never a given at Mississippi State considering it has only happened 3 times in our 125 year football history.

Every coach is hired to win everywhere, I don't think an administration ever hires a coach hoping they will go 3-8. However, each coach has a certain way they think they can accomplish winning. Ours has not been as dynamic as everyone originally hoped, but it hasn't been the complete disaster this board makes it out to be either.

msstate7
12-24-2019, 01:50 PM
OM certainly underachieved with all their offensive talent. They fired the coach that squandered that talent too (year too late, but still). Hopefully we get rid of the one that squandered our talent

Maroonthirteen
12-24-2019, 02:13 PM
Also.... 3/4 of the teams that we played in 2018 had more players drafted in 2019 than we had drafted in 2019.

RougeDawg
12-24-2019, 06:07 PM

JoVester lacks taken in one key area, his brain. No adaptation or learning from mistakes. Real leaders learn and adapt.

OLJWales
12-24-2019, 06:20 PM
The OP challenged anyone to name a team with 4 NFL starters that wasn't a blue blood team. I didn't even have to leave the state to do it, but that example simply wasn't good enough. The goalposts got moved mid argument like they always do.

I didn't click on a Joe bashing thread. Also, I am sure if I were to start a pro Moorhead thread (which I won't) you would sit on the sidelines and NOT chime in to tell everyone how much of an idiot he is , and that he is over his head.

10 wins is never a given at Mississippi State considering it has only happened 3 times in our 125 year football history.

Every coach is hired to win everywhere, I don't think an administration ever hires a coach hoping they will go 3-8. However, each coach has a certain way they think they can accomplish winning. Ours has not been as dynamic as everyone originally hoped, but it hasn't been the complete disaster this board makes it out to be either.

10 wins WERE a given in '18 if you have 1/2 a football brain. And it HAS been a disaster because the guy doesn't know what the **** he is doing.