PDA

View Full Version : Good work MSU athletic department

Todd4State
12-23-2019, 08:26 PM
Genespage puts out an article on Allyn McKeen today about his career including how alumni ran him off and it led to our football misery for years.

Just one month after boosters tried to get rid of Joe.

I admire the effort even if I don't agree with the premise.

DogsofAnarchy
12-23-2019, 09:08 PM
I am absolutely all in for keeping Joe but he has to be willing to make the necessary changes to move forward:

1. New Strength and Conditioning Coach.

2. An OC who can install an offense that works.

3. New Special Teams Coach.

It is still my contention that these changes will NOT occur. If I’m wrong, I will say I’m wrong.

Todd4State
12-23-2019, 09:11 PM
1 and 3 will probably happen.

As far as 2 I think we may get someone that is familiar with Joe's offense that can add some things to it but I expect Joe to be the primary play caller. Just as an example- Josh Gattis. I don't expect him to fully give up all play calling duties.

3rdGen
12-23-2019, 09:12 PM
Totally different situation. Don’t agree and is apples to kiwi’s.

DogsofAnarchy
12-23-2019, 09:26 PM
1 and 3 will probably happen.

As far as 2 I think we may get someone that is familiar with Joe's offense that can add some things to it but I expect Joe to be the primary play caller. Just as an example- Josh Gattis. I don't expect him to fully give up all play calling duties.

I can definitely agree with you on 2.

maroonmania
12-23-2019, 09:44 PM
Genespage puts out an article on Allyn McKeen today about his career including how alumni ran him off and it led to our football misery for years.

Just one month after boosters tried to get rid of Joe.

I admire the effort even if I don't agree with the premise.

How in the world do you compare McKeen and Moorhead? When Moorhead actually accomplishes something worthwhile at MSU, then it might not be goofy to compare the two.

DogsofAnarchy
12-23-2019, 09:58 PM
How in the world do you compare McKeen and Moorhead? When Moorhead actually accomplishes something worthwhile at MSU, then it might not be goofy to compare the two.

They both had a winning record their first year.

maroonmania
12-23-2019, 10:05 PM
They both had a winning record their first year.

Yea, and Mckeen was 10-0-1 his second year while JoMo was 6-6. Somehow, I don't think Joe would have any detractors if he had won 10 games this year.

Coach34
12-23-2019, 10:10 PM
Wow

Why didnt they mention Darryl Royal coaching here in the 1950's- but left us for a better gig on his way to becoming college football royalty? Why didnt they mention us playing Auburn, Bama, and LSU on the road most years to make money instead of caring about wins? Why didnt they mention our budget was always less than half of the big dogs which forced us to give away home games year after year? Why did we play 27 years in a row in Baton Rouge vs LSU?

Why didnt they mention that the Special Teams coach just did as he was directed by the head coach in 2019?

We can hire an OC all we want- but as with Croom- we are going to run the HC's offense in 2020?

DeputyDawg94
12-23-2019, 10:19 PM
I’m all for keeping Joe. I love the MSU history lessons he gives us every so often.***
I’ll be happy when he stops worrying about our past and starts worrying about the future. I’ll believe he makes a change when I see the change made. Until then the same old JoeMo BS is expected.
If he proves me wrong next season I’ll gladly admit it and be damn happy about it. I think I’m safe tho.

DLGDawg
12-23-2019, 11:00 PM
Totally different situation. Don’t agree and is apples to kiwi’s.

For real. Joe is 14-11 in his first two years and underperformed in both years.
McKeen won 10 games his second year showing great improvement.

Good grief. That?s totally different situations.
Im all for someone arguing to keep Joe...but the argument can?t suck that bad.

McKeen had a 9? year body of work where he won approximately 75% of his games.

Todd4State
12-23-2019, 11:22 PM
To be fair- he didn't outright say that it was the same as Moorhead.

I just thought the timing of the subject matter was interesting.

Rosebowl's stance is pretty much the thing with the boosters never happened.

Todd4State
12-23-2019, 11:24 PM
I’m all for keeping Joe. I love the MSU history lessons he gives us every so often.***
I’ll be happy when he stops worrying about our past and starts worrying about the future. I’ll believe he makes a change when I see the change made. Until then the same old JoeMo BS is expected.
If he proves me wrong next season I’ll gladly admit it and be damn happy about it. I think I’m safe tho.

To be fair- I think three years is more than reasonable for keeping a coach and trying to let them do their thing. There have been some that have turned things around in year three. After that there really are no more excuses.

At least Joe appears to try to make some changes.

PMDawg
12-23-2019, 11:44 PM
I'm just trying my best to kick the addiction and become apathetic toward MSU sports. That basketball game yesterday helped a lot, but it's still hard to kick the habit.

Maroonthirteen
12-24-2019, 12:04 AM
I don't have a membership there. So, do tell.....

What are Joes favorite pizza toppings?

How does he like the Starkville Malco?

RougeDawg
12-24-2019, 12:06 AM
And the sheeple keep believing in the Bryan Building competency.

FYI. I have some great deals on bridges for sale and ocean front property in Montana. PM me.

dantheman4248
12-24-2019, 12:22 AM
The biggest problem I've got with Joe is that he came in with the opposite mentality of what Dan came in with. Dan came in pissed at everyone telling him what we can't do at MSU. Joe comes in and decides to tell us what we can't do again. I guess that's my biggest disconnect and why I personally don't like the guy as our coach anymore.

Liverpooldawg
12-24-2019, 10:09 AM
Wow

Why didnt they mention Darryl Royal coaching here in the 1950's- but left us for a better gig on his way to becoming college football royalty? Why didnt they mention us playing Auburn, Bama, and LSU on the road most years to make money instead of caring about wins? Why didnt they mention our budget was always less than half of the big dogs which forced us to give away home games year after year? Why did we play 27 years in a row in Baton Rouge vs LSU?

Why didnt they mention that the Special Teams coach just did as he was directed by the head coach in 2019?

We can hire an OC all we want- but as with Croom- we are going to run the HC's offense in 2020?

They didn't mention it because what we did to McKeen is why most of what you mentioned happened. We were set up to become a powerhouse program, and we killed it. It was as much how we did it as it was that we did it.

Coursesuper
12-24-2019, 11:15 AM
And the sheeple keep believing in the Bryan Building competency.

FYI. I have some great deals on bridges for sale and ocean front property in Montana. PM me.

This is so true, and yet there are those that continue to fall for this propaganda over and over and over again. They play on people’s loyalty and love for their school.

DLGDawg
12-24-2019, 11:54 AM
They didn't mention it because what we did to McKeen is why most of what you mentioned happened. We were set up to become a powerhouse program, and we killed it. It was as much how we did it as it was that we did it.

This was a monumental screw up of epic proportions. Almost makes me wonder if McKeen was involved with that boosters wife or daughter??? Or shot his dog🤷*♂️

maroonmania
12-25-2019, 04:13 PM
The biggest problem I've got with Joe is that he came in with the opposite mentality of what Dan came in with. Dan came in pissed at everyone telling him what we can't do at MSU. Joe comes in and decides to tell us what we can't do again. I guess that's my biggest disconnect and why I personally don't like the guy as our coach anymore.

Well he came in talking championships and Heismans. Only when needing to make excuses for his shortcomings did he start making an issue about MSU's football past.