PDA

View Full Version : 6 on 6 crime

KOdawg1
12-23-2019, 03:07 PM
Supposedly, there was a dust up between Garrett Shrader and Willie Gay in practice. There are rumors ranging from it being nothing to WG6 swelling GS's eye shut. Either way, I'm fine with it. It's football and these things happen. Maybe it'll instill some toughness.

GS must not be that bright though. Willie Gay is probably the last person on that team I'd try to take on.

ShotgunDawg
12-23-2019, 03:13 PM
Thank goodness.

We need more of this. Builds continuity, respect, and a savage mentality.

Most all good teams have fights. It’s a sign that the players passionately care

BeardoMSU
12-23-2019, 03:17 PM
Supposedly, there was a dust up between Garrett Shrader and Willie Gay in practice. There are rumors ranging from it being nothing to WG6 swelling GS's eye shut. Either way, I'm fine with it. It's football and these things happen. Maybe it'll instill some toughness.

GS must not be that bright though. Willie Gay is probably the last person on that team I'd try to take on.

You are basing the "supposedly" on the thread at SPS?

msstate7
12-23-2019, 03:18 PM
Rumor on sps says shrader was suspended for ark game bc of fighting.

KOdawg1
12-23-2019, 03:18 PM
You are basing the "supposedly" on the thread at SPS?

That and Steve Robertson on 247.

BeardoMSU
12-23-2019, 03:21 PM
That and Steve Robertson on 247.

Cool. What did Steve have to say about it?

KOdawg1
12-23-2019, 03:23 PM
Cool. What did Steve have to say about it?
Said it happened after practice and that the rumors going around are exaggerated.

bulldawg28
12-23-2019, 03:45 PM
Fights happen all the time in football. Maybe if it had happened in August the team would have been a more physical team.

confucius say
12-23-2019, 04:13 PM
I think the key here is whether it happened during practice, immediately after while still on the field, or well after practice has ended. If it is the latter, cannot really say it was just a heat of the moment practice dust up.

TNDawg35
12-23-2019, 04:25 PM
I heard Willie slapped him so hard that GS beard now looks like Randy Wastons hair with Soul Glow in it...

KOdawg1
12-23-2019, 04:45 PM
Stolen from another board but..

"Willie said "Yall's offense got no chemistry!"
GS said "At least we do our own chemistry."

ShotgunDawg
12-23-2019, 04:50 PM

In that case:

Shrader - 1

Willie - 0

RiverCityDawg
12-23-2019, 04:51 PM
Thank goodness.

I tend to agree, except I feel like those sort of fights are during practice and born out of competitiveness. By all accounts this was immediately after practice concluded, still on the field but with helmets off. Not exactly a time when you expect fisticuffs to break out involving your starting QB and maybe your best player on defense. I'm not saying it's detrimental or anything, but I also don't think it's a good thing in this context. Seems like one or both of them had to have been acting like an idiot for this to have happened.

ShotgunDawg
12-23-2019, 05:05 PM
I tend to agree, except I feel like those sort of fights are during practice and born out of competitiveness. By all accounts this was immediately after practice concluded, still on the field but with helmets off. Not exactly a time when you expect fisticuffs to break out involving your starting QB and maybe your best player on defense. I'm not saying it's detrimental or anything, but I also don't think it's a good thing in this context. Seems like one or both of them had to have been acting like an idiot for this to have happened.

Agree. But it'll still end up being a positive in some way

bulldawg28
12-23-2019, 06:40 PM
Agree. But it'll still end up being a positive in some way

True, there financially seems to be a pecking order established on the team.

Bothrops
12-23-2019, 07:26 PM

What?? This was over a chemistry test?***

MaroonFlounder
12-23-2019, 10:25 PM
If what I'm hearing is correct, Willie did something in practice that Garrett told him would draw a flag during a game.

Willie didn't like that and gave him a black eye.

Given Willie's history in games, Garrett was probably right.

Uncle Ruckus
12-23-2019, 10:48 PM
Steve is now saying that Garret will be assessed in Nashville. It’s not just a dustup. Garret got 17ed up and it’s more serious than he reported.

Randolph Dupree
12-23-2019, 10:56 PM
Steve is now saying that Garret will be assessed in Nashville. It’s not just a dustup. Garret got 17ed up and it’s more serious than he reported.

If this is true, either Willie has a Mike Tyson right hook OR Joe and his staff have zero control. Fights are going to happen that's part of it but when your starting QB is going to have to be "assessed" prior to the bowl game that tells me this is way beyond competitive tension between two teammates.

Just another black eye for SloMo.

Cowbell
12-23-2019, 11:22 PM
We have a clown running this team. It's more apparent every day that it ain't gettin no better.

Todd4State
12-23-2019, 11:26 PM
If what I'm hearing is correct, Willie did something in practice that Garrett told him would draw a flag during a game.

Sounds plausible.

bluelightstar
12-23-2019, 11:35 PM
Considering half the “people with sources” say it’s on Shrader and the other half say Willie, I’m guessing nobody knows a damn thing

Lumpy Chucklelips
12-23-2019, 11:41 PM
If Joe can't be the controlling force on this team, then if he wants any chance of surviving he better hire someone to handle it for him. You know, I see something like the video of him talking to the new signees and their parents and think to myself, man, I hope he pulls through this. And then I hear of situations similar to this and think to myself, man, I wish we had gotten rid of him when we had the chance. And in between the two, I have no idea what to think.

defiantdog
12-23-2019, 11:43 PM

Where were the OL to back up their QB? The entire situation seems odd.

Bothrops
12-23-2019, 11:43 PM
Moorhead can't stop a punch from being thrown, or even a beatdown from happening. If a LB jumped on the starting qb after being suspended for most of the season, I think he'd be packing his bags already for his next endeavors. If it was a fight, that's a bit different. I don't believe the reports of ocular damage or being physically questionable for the bowl. People are trying to add drama there.

Todd4State
12-23-2019, 11:49 PM
Considering half the “people with sources” say it’s on Shrader and the other half say Willie, I’m guessing nobody knows a damn thing

The truth is probably in the middle.

If Joe can't be the controlling force on this team, then if he wants any chance of surviving he better hire someone to handle it for him. You know, I see something like the video of him talking to the new signees and their parents and think to myself, man, I hope he pulls through this. And then I hear of situations similar to this and think to myself, man, I wish we had gotten rid of him when we had the chance. And in between the two, I have no idea what to think.

The only rumor I have heard that might explain some of this is that the upperclassmen haven't bought into Joe and don't like him as much the underclassmen like him. Some of this kind of reminds me of Cohen's first two years to be honest with you. Next year most of the team will be his recruits so if he can't turn it around with his guys- and he may not- he is in trouble. I imagine that this was a factor in Cohen bringing him back and giving him another chance.

Bubb Rubb
12-23-2019, 11:57 PM
Moorhead can't stop a punch from being thrown, or even a beatdown from happening. If a LB jumped on the starting qb after being suspended for most of the season, I think he'd be packing his bags already for his next endeavors. If it was a fight, that's a bit different. I don't believe the reports of ocular damage or being physically questionable for the bowl. People are trying to add drama there.

The coach is responsible for setting a culture that dictates that teammates don't do things like this.

As far as what you don't believe....you'd better believe it because it's 100% true.

Maroonthirteen
12-24-2019, 12:17 AM
Well, dude on sps is adamant.... adamant What he heard is true....Shrader has a fracture from the scuffle and is out for the game.

If that is true.... my gosh.... this has been the weirdest season played by the most disfunctional team that I can ever remember. How the he'll you going to knock your own QB out of the game in
Practice? Damn! Who is playing QB... 17?

Jezzzz what a season.

Todd4State
12-24-2019, 12:21 AM
Well, dude on sps is adamant.... adamant What he heard is true....Shrader has a fracture from the scuffle and is out for the game.

If that is true.... my gosh.... this has been the weirdest season played by the most disfunctional team that I can ever remember. How the he'll you going to knock your own QB out of the game in
Practice? Damn! Who is playing QB... 17?

Jezzzz what a season.

If he's out I bet Joe goes with Stevens. Either way whether it's Shrader, Stevens, KT, Todd4State, Mike Pizinski- they're going to be handing the ball off to Kylin about 75% of the time probably. And then Gibson about the other 15%.

KOdawg1
12-24-2019, 12:24 AM
I will say this if that's true

If I'm an NFL GM and I see that Willie Gay is an unsportsmanlike conduct machine, was suspended for 2/3's of a season for cheating in a gimme class, and severely injured his starting QB in a post practice fight, I'm going to be hesitant to pull the trigger on him no matter how talented he is.

He's an elite talent but he's a bonehead who makes boneheaded decisions. And I'm not taking up for GS bc I simply don't know the facts or if he did something to deserve it. But this has potentially turned into something far more serious that just a "dust up"

Todd4State
12-24-2019, 12:28 AM

If I'm an NFL GM and I see that Willie Gay is an unsportsmanlike conduct machine, was suspended for 2/3's of a season for cheating in a gimme class, and severely injured his starting QB in a post practice fight, I'm going to be hesitant to pull the trigger on him no matter how talented he is.

He's an elite talent but he's a bonehead who makes boneheaded decisions. And I'm not taking up for GS bc I simply don't know the facts or if he did something to deserve it. But this has potentially turned into something far more serious that just a "dust up"

Gay is getting close to the point for me where I wonder whether it's worth having him come back or not. He simply can not control his emotions. There are things that sometimes don't get seen too- like Kody Schexnader dragging his ass off the field before Gay got called for celebrating and Gay arguing with a coach on the sideline before he got flagged for celebrating excessively as well.

MaroonFlounder
12-24-2019, 12:59 AM
Yep. I'm hearing Shrader's eye was swollen shut and his orbital bone is fractured.

MaroonFlounder
12-24-2019, 01:04 AM
If he's out I bet Joe goes with Stevens. Either way whether it's Shrader, Stevens, KT, Todd4State, Mike Pizinski- they're going to be handing the ball off to Kylin about 75% of the time probably. And then Gibson about the other 15%.

I think Kylin gets his 45 yards for the season rushing record and then stays on the sideline the rest of the game.

No need to risk injury just a few months before the combine.

Todd4State
12-24-2019, 01:28 AM
I think Kylin gets his 45 yards for the season rushing record and then stays on the sideline the rest of the game.

No need to risk injury just a few months before the combine.

I doubt it. These guys are competitors.

defiantdog
12-24-2019, 01:58 AM

Didn't Ray Lewis kill a guy? Scouts get over BS if you're talented enough.

bulldawg28
12-24-2019, 02:01 AM
Yeah blame Willie for a fight based off of a rumor sounds legit. The fact that no other player jumped in tells you all that's needed. Well, I guess not for guys who don't understand football culture.

bulldawg28
12-24-2019, 02:02 AM

And big Ben raped a girl and is still playing.

Reunion Dog
12-24-2019, 02:46 AM
I was told by the A$$ Whipper, himself it happened...

And no suspension. Would be nice to see KT play @ QB...

bulldawg28
12-24-2019, 04:48 AM

It would be great to see KT play!

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
12-24-2019, 07:03 AM
Yeah blame Willie for a fight based off of a rumor sounds legit. The fact that no other player jumped in tells you all that's needed. Well, I guess not for guys who don't understand football culture.

Ah football culture lol. No, it's sissy culture. Getting feelings hurt by words and then lashing out cause you might have been embarrassed? Willie has shown not to be the sharpest tool in the shed. We should've kicked him out when we had the chance.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
12-24-2019, 07:10 AM

JoMo gives no suspension for a punch that may have broken next years starting QB's eye socket and expects Gay to be a leader on the team? JoMo won't make it halfway through next season with that strategy. Why the lack of support for Shrader? Can't believe your first thought goes to KT playing.

bulldawg28
12-24-2019, 07:43 AM
JoMo gives no suspension for a punch that may have broken next years starting QB's eye socket and expects Gay to be a leader on the team? JoMo won't make it halfway through next season with that strategy. Why the lack of support for Shrader? Can't believe your first thought goes to KT playing.

It sounds like the team isn't supporting Shrader. Maybe they know more than a fan poster who thinks Shrader is the future team leader. Respect is earned not given.

bulldawg28
12-24-2019, 07:49 AM
Ah football culture lol. No, it's sissy culture. Getting feelings hurt by words and then lashing out cause you might have been embarrassed? Willie has shown not to be the sharpest tool in the shed. We should've kicked him out when we had the chance.

Cry me a river. You sound really ignorant person picking a side of situation with no facts. Willie is the team leader. Even if Willie was wrong he would have been chastised by other team members. This isn't the first time Shrader has gotten into situations with team members. Some have been offensive veterans. Again, respect is earned not given.

Dawgface
12-24-2019, 07:50 AM
Yep. I'm hearing Shrader's eye was swollen shut and his orbital bone is fractured.

Yep. Unlikely Gay makes it through next year without problems.

Todd4State
12-24-2019, 07:59 AM
If he has an orbital fracture I would say that there is still a chance Shrader plays. Depends on if he has double vision or not. At least that's what you're typically worried about. Anyway they're typically stable fractures so it's unlikely to get worse. Usually they heal on their own but do sometimes require surgery if it's really bad.

I say that not knowing if Shrader has double vision or if Joe is just going to suspend or if he even really has a fracture or not.

Todd4State
12-24-2019, 08:00 AM
Cry me a river. You sound really ignorant person picking a side of situation with no facts. Willie is the team leader. Even if Willie was wrong he would have been chastised by other team members. This isn't the first time Shrader has gotten into situations with team members. Some have been offensive veterans. Again, respect is earned not given.

If Gay is the leader that explains a lot of our problems.

Dawg2003
12-24-2019, 08:33 AM
You can permanently damage a person's vision with a blow to the head or eye. So it's not that funny to land blows to the head in the name of "football culture."

bulldawg28
12-24-2019, 08:35 AM
You can permanently damage a person's vision with a blow to the head or eye. So it's not that funny to land blows to the head in the name of "football culture."

Who says it was funny? You don't know what happened or how it started. What If Shrader threw a punch first and Willie responded back?

bulldawg28
12-24-2019, 08:36 AM
If Gay is the leader that explains a lot of our problems.

Not really.

KOdawg1
12-24-2019, 08:43 AM
Kinda sounds like you're picking a side. With no facts.

msstate7
12-24-2019, 08:51 AM
Kinda sounds like you're picking a side. With no facts.

I have no idea who is to blame here, but I am interested in the shrader ark suspension rumor. Anyone got some info? If this isn't shrader's 1st fight this season and gay's antics on the field, could just be 2 hotheads blowing up

Todd4State
12-24-2019, 09:03 AM
Not really.

Based on Gay's actions on the field and off the field yes it's a problem. Could you see Barrin Simpson getting kicked out of a game or fighting Wayne Madkin.

bluelightstar
12-24-2019, 09:13 AM
I still think a big part of the Stansbury rot at the end was keeping Sidney and letting Bailey go. If — if — Shrader started it, they both go.

Bdawg
12-24-2019, 09:21 AM

It sounds like the team isn't supporting Shrader. Maybe they know more than a fan poster who thinks Shrader is the future team leader. Respect is earned not given.

Shrader is the future team leader if he's already calling people out in the huddle (our nfl center) and seeing how hard he plays. The helicopter play should have build a lot of cred with players. Also, hopefully he is not a hot-headed d*** cause that makes him harder to follow. As far as who started what, I have no clue. Just hope it's not a serious injury to keep him from playing. And as far as Willie, he hasn't exactly exhibited the behavior of a leader on or off the field with some of his antics.

Edit: didn't mean to quote you interpolation

RiverCityDawg
12-24-2019, 09:46 AM

Good post. Punching a teammate in the face for feeling disrespected is the opposite of real toughness. It's weak and idiotic.

Cooterpoot
12-24-2019, 09:53 AM
Look, this team hasn't been a "team" all season. There's a split and it's been building up steam all year. John Cohen could've fixed it but he pussed out. If we lose the bowl game (especially if it's ugly), things are going off the rails.

Dawgfan77
12-24-2019, 09:57 AM
I have heard for past two years discipline and accountability are just words and not enforcement by this staff. SloMo is more worried about the players liking him than respecting him. Players are running the locker room not the coaches

Thrill1
12-24-2019, 10:01 AM
Good post. Punching a teammate in the face for feeling disrespected is the opposite of real toughness. It's weak and idiotic.

What Shrader is rumored to have called Willie is on a WHOLE other level of feeling disrespected. Can?t even post it here. Y?all might want to dig for the whole story.

Jacksondevildog
12-24-2019, 10:01 AM
I?ve heard the same.

I have heard for past two years discipline and accountability are just words and not enforcement by this staff. SloMo is more worried about the players liking him than respecting him. Players are running the locker room not the coaches

confucius say
12-24-2019, 10:07 AM
Based on Gay's actions on the field and off the field yes it's a problem. Could you see Barrin Simpson getting kicked out of a game or fighting Wayne Madkin.

Lets not forget about being the orchestrator of tutorgate. Or at least patient zero.

Sounds like both 6s need to grow the hell up.

And joe should be roasted for this. Fights during practice are no big deal. But fights after practice are not in the heat of the moment.

BeastMan
12-24-2019, 10:29 AM

No. Ray?s entourage got in to it with a group and a buddy of his stabbed someone in the brawl. Ray testified against his friend in court.

hacker
12-24-2019, 10:40 AM
What Shrader is rumored to have called Willie is on a WHOLE other level of feeling disrespected. Can?t even post it here. Y?all might want to dig for the whole story.

Rumors are encouraged

timotheus
12-24-2019, 10:44 AM
Rumors. One rumor was that Joe was gone but now he isn't and now he has almost lost total control of the team. I put it all there at the feet of our GURU. I have zero confidence in him and the bowl game and have no idea whether he can win 6 games next year.

Rex54
12-24-2019, 10:47 AM
None of you know shit

defiantdog
12-24-2019, 10:51 AM
None of you know shit
Welcome to a message board shit bird

Political Hack
12-24-2019, 10:58 AM
For the "this is good crowd," please tell the last time Brady or Brees or Lamar or Peyton got into a fight with their teammates?

Program is a disaster saved by Ole Miss being Ole Miss.

Jarius
12-24-2019, 11:01 AM
Willie Gay won't be back.

ShotgunDawg
12-24-2019, 11:02 AM
For the "this is good crowd," please tell the last time Brady or Brees or Lamar or Peyton got into a fight with their teammates?

The more I hear about this them more I agree with you.

MSU football appears leaderless right now.

Something about the culture of our program became rotten. Perhaps it's Joe's fault or perhaps we recruited a bad batch of players that fully took over the team during the coaching change & we haven't recovered yet.

Either way, I'm sick & tired of hearing about cheating, sucker punches, lack of effort, players sitting out bowl games, & players sitting out games when they were healthy enough to play.

Something is wrong with the chemistry & culture of the program right now & it's got to be fixed. Without being there on a daily basis though, it's impossible to know who's fault it is or how to fix it.

ShotgunDawg
12-24-2019, 11:04 AM

First off, you don't know this. Where is going to go? He's really going to pass up on all the money he could make next year because he's upset? That would be awfully immature.

Secondly, if Willie left that would say an awful lot about Willie. As if I need to know much more after he cheated & got ejected from multiple games.

Thirdly, if Joe kicks him off, it must've been really bad.

You can go back to the kid's recruitment & see that his head isn't screwed on right. Regardless of what Shrader did or didn't say, there is absolutely no justification for this type of behavior

Jarius
12-24-2019, 11:12 AM
First off, you don't know this. Where is going to go? He's really going to pass up on all the money he could make next year because he's upset? That would be awfully immature.

Secondly, if Willie left that would say an awful lot about Willie. As if I need to know much more after he cheated & got ejected from multiple games.

Thirdly, if Joe kicks him off, it must've been really bad.

You can go back to the kid's recruitment & see that his head isn't screwed on right. Regardless of what Shrader did or didn't say, there is absolutely no justification for this type of behavior

Willie Gay will be moving on. Merry Christmas.

ShotgunDawg
12-24-2019, 11:22 AM
Willie Gay will be moving on. Merry Christmas.

To where?

Harry Rex Vonner
12-24-2019, 11:25 AM
good thread

players getting punched in the face by teammates is healthy

serious

Harry Rex Vonner
12-24-2019, 11:26 AM
when does my avatar show up?

maybe this post....?

Jarius
12-24-2019, 11:26 AM
To where?

To the nfl. Where else would he go?

Mobile Bay
12-24-2019, 11:33 AM

I could see him at Parchman.

ShotgunDawg
12-24-2019, 11:33 AM

So he's an idiot?

Because going to the NFL right now would cost him literally millions of dollars compared to what a competent year could do for him next year.

Only an idiot would leave under his circumstances. That or someone who can't make grades.

Dawgface
12-24-2019, 11:34 AM

Exactly. Unfortunately we have another year of this crap.

MoreCowbell
12-24-2019, 11:41 AM

Not a fist fight but Manning and Saturday got into it during a game one time, Brady and McDaniel too. I also remember AJ McCarron and his center having a shoving match on the field during NCG. It happens but never heard of teammates 17ing each other up.

Cooterpoot
12-24-2019, 11:41 AM

Truth

chef dixon
12-24-2019, 11:46 AM
But I thought it was a great thing that we qualified for a bowl. Very important for our team.

Rex54
12-24-2019, 11:48 AM
I’m ready to see his Yankee ass dragged out of here.

Jarius
12-24-2019, 12:07 PM
So he's an idiot?

Because going to the NFL right now would cost him literally millions of dollars compared to what a competent year could do for him next year.

Only an idiot would leave under his circumstances. That or someone who can't make grades.

I'm just telling you he's not coming back.

ShotgunDawg
12-24-2019, 12:24 PM
I'm just telling you he's not coming back.

Ok. We'll see.

I'll make sure to offer you congrats on having inside info or call you out for making wrongful declarations.

Nothing worse than spreading incorrect bad news. Even if Willie changes his mind & comes back, I'll still call you out for how confident you are

NCDawg
12-24-2019, 12:28 PM
I’m ready to see his Yankee ass dragged out of here.

I think quite a few State fans agree with you.

Dawgfan77
12-24-2019, 12:45 PM
Whether you want to believe it or not is up to you but we have a cultural problem. Before you say we recruited bad apples let me say we did not. What happened was an idiot savant came in and basically looked the other way when things happened internally. The internal punishment was a joke among other things such as offseason SC. People wan to defend SloMo and that?s your right however there are some serious internal issues that we masked somewhat last year by leaders we had. End of the day some of theses issues have now come out publicly and rumor is more to come that will not put SloMo in a good light. I expect we get blown out next week and then we will see what happens

Jarius
12-24-2019, 12:51 PM
Ok. We'll see.

I'll make sure to offer you congrats on having inside info or call you out for making wrongful declarations.

Nothing worse than spreading incorrect bad news. Even if Willie changes his mind & comes back, I'll still call you out for how confident you are

I don't give a shit what you do.

confucius say
12-24-2019, 12:53 PM

You think its 100 percent his choice to leave or he is being encouraged to leave?

HoopsDawg
12-24-2019, 12:57 PM
Whether you want to believe it or not is up to you but we have a cultural problem. Before you say we recruited bad apples let me say we did not. What happened was an idiot savant came in and basically looked the other way when things happened internally. The internal punishment was a joke among other things such as offseason SC. People wan to defend SloMo and that?s your right however there are some serious internal issues that we masked somewhat last year by leaders we had. End of the day some of theses issues have now come out publicly and rumor is more to come that will not put SloMo in a good light. I expect we get blown out next week and then we will see what happens

too late to hire a good coach and a decent staff. we are stuck with slomo for another year. Apathy alert.

Todd4State
12-24-2019, 01:19 PM
too late to hire a good coach and a decent staff. we are stuck with slomo for another year. Apathy alert.

Napier is still out there.

Just saying.

MaroonFlounder
12-24-2019, 01:21 PM

Come on guys...IT'S CHRISTMAS!!!

Never mind. Y'all meet downtown in the middle of the square and tear each other's faces off.

ShotgunDawg
12-24-2019, 01:22 PM
Napier is still out there.

Just saying.

Yes he is. Problem is that all our signees would be released from their schollies if we fired Joe

Coursesuper
12-24-2019, 01:24 PM
My goodness what fustercluck of a program. What’s next?

MaroonFlounder
12-24-2019, 01:39 PM
This isn't the first time Shrader has gotten into situations with team members. Some have been offensive veterans. Again, respect is earned not given.

Yep.

Shrader told big Daryl Williams to SHUT THE F*** UP in the huddle.

And guess what Big Daryl said? He said Shrader earned every bit of his respect right then and there.

And if If what was said to Willie is true and Shrader is making an effort to keep him from getting ejected from the bowl game, I'm all for that shit.

BayouDawg
12-24-2019, 01:43 PM
Not really.

Nothing says team leader like getting suspended 2/3 of the season lol

bulldawg28
12-24-2019, 02:26 PM
Nothing says team leader like getting suspended 2/3 of the season lol

Call it what you will but that's the teams reality.

bulldawg28
12-24-2019, 02:26 PM
My goodness what fustercluck of a program. What’s next?

Strippers and burner phones

Coursesuper
12-24-2019, 02:40 PM
Strippers and burner phones

Agree, but what we are witnessing doesn?t in any way set a precedent for outstanding or even well done for that matter. Players are going to be players but this didn?t have to happen and isn?t a good look in any way.

bulldawg28
12-24-2019, 03:07 PM
Agree, but what we are witnessing doesn?t in any way set a precedent for outstanding or even well done for that matter. Players are going to be players but this didn?t have to happen and isn?t a good look in any way.

I agree 100%

HancockCountyDog
12-24-2019, 04:17 PM
I’m not sure people realize how big of a problem this potentially is.

This could give Cohen another bite at the apple.

Goldendawg
12-24-2019, 04:30 PM
The more I hear about this them more I agree with you.

MSU football appears leaderless right now.

Something about the culture of our program became rotten. Perhaps it's Joe's fault or perhaps we recruited a bad batch of players that fully took over the team during the coaching change & we haven't recovered yet.

Either way, I'm sick & tired of hearing about cheating, sucker punches, lack of effort, players sitting out bowl games, & players sitting out games when they were healthy enough to play.

Something is wrong with the chemistry & culture of the program right now & it's got to be fixed. Without being there on a daily basis though, it's impossible to know who's fault it is or how to fix it.

I had hopes for JoMo until the Ky game last year and 35 passes in the rain. His arrogant excuses and attack on fans after the "great" Egg bowl victory really offended me as the member of a family that has supported MSU through the Bulldog Club and buying season tickets for more than fifty years. I feel an apology to the fan base would be be a good start, but having a competent O in SEC games and more than the 6 pitiful victories we had this year in the future would be even better. As far as team "chemistry", Shotgun, our 10 tutorgate players tried to take that course and look how that turned out!****** Hail State! BTW, how many of that 10 even played offense? Just another excuse.

confucius say
12-24-2019, 05:20 PM

Maybe both of them will file criminal charges against each other

msstate7
12-24-2019, 05:27 PM

The problem being gay and shrader? If so, send them both on their way. This would sting badly, but joe has to get control of the team, and this would certainly be a strong message

timotheus
12-24-2019, 05:48 PM
Joe having control over this team sounds like an oxymoron

OLJWales
12-24-2019, 05:58 PM
Great. Six pages of bullshit and we still don't know what the **** went on / happened. Merry Christmas y'all.

RougeDawg
12-24-2019, 08:26 PM
Great. Six pages of bullshit and we still don't know what the **** went on / happened. Merry Christmas y'all.

Yea we do. Let?s hope Teflon Tommy can suit up for the bowl game. JoVester has lost the program and Cohen will probably choke and die on the apple before he takes another bite.

Jack Lambert
12-24-2019, 09:24 PM
Yea we do. Let?s hope Teflon Tommy can suit up for the bowl game. JoVester has lost the program and Cohen will probably choke and die on the apple before he takes another bite.

What happen then?

Rex54
12-24-2019, 09:50 PM
Yes he is. Problem is that all our signees would be released from their schollies if we fired Joe

What if we fire him in March

Cowbell
12-24-2019, 09:58 PM

Small price to pay at this point. Plus several will be enrolled by then

maroonmania
12-24-2019, 10:08 PM
My goodness what fustercluck of a program. What?s next?

Do Keenum and Cohen know about these cultural issues and don't give a crap or are they just keeping their heads up their rears and are oblivious to it?

Been a long time since I've been this depressed over the direction of both our football and basketball programs.

Cowbell
12-24-2019, 10:46 PM
Why am I seeing visions of Renardo Sidney?!!

RougeDawg
12-24-2019, 11:43 PM
This is what I was alluding to. It?s true.

https://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?78733-Orbital-Fracture

NeuteredDawg
12-25-2019, 12:11 AM
So you are telling me the same people that said Moorhead was going to be fired after the egg bowl (win or lose) are now trying to play out a scenario that may or may not have happened in practice?

Bottom line nobody here knows anything.

RougeDawg
12-25-2019, 02:48 AM
So you are telling me the same people that said Moorhead was going to be fired after the egg bowl (win or lose) are now trying to play out a scenario that may or may not have happened in practice?

Bottom line nobody here knows anything.

John Cohen himself told multiple media outlets that SloMo would be fired with a loss or sloppy win in the Egg Bowl. What part of that is so difficult to understand? He pussed the f*ck out after the great convincing win and lost all credibility with the media people. JC is a weak, spineless sob. And he sold our program down the river because he will not admit he was wrong.

timotheus
12-25-2019, 08:39 AM
rougedawg once again speaking total truth today.......

Uncle Ruckus
12-25-2019, 08:49 AM
rougedawg once again speaking total truth today.......
Is he? Is he really? He just said Cohen told multiple media outlets Moorhead would be fired with a loss. If you can produce that as fact, then yes, I will believe him. Until then, everything he, and everyone else who pretends to know shit on here, spouts out as gospel is likely bullshit. It’s made up rumors. Until you start to see that no one on here knows a damn thing, you will continually be let down. And seriously, just say this out loud to yourself and see how insane it sounds, JOHN COHEN TOLD THE MEDIA THAT HE WOULD FIRE HIS HEAD FOOTBALL COACH IF HE LOST. In-f*cking-sane.

Bothrops
12-25-2019, 09:04 AM
John Cohen himself told multiple media outlets that SloMo would be fired with a loss or sloppy win in the Egg Bowl. What part of that is so difficult to understand? He pussed the f*ck out after the great convincing win and lost all credibility with the media people.

Paint me in skepticism right along this edge.

timotheus
12-25-2019, 09:06 AM
John didn't lie. He couldn't control 2 boosters in the end.........JoMo is a guru*******

BeardoMSU
12-25-2019, 09:14 AM
Hot takes with a side of self-righteousness....Mmmm, Merry Christmas, y'all.**

R2Dawg
12-25-2019, 09:38 AM
What?? This was over a chemistry test?***

The tutor gate nightmare continues. In spirit of giving, Clark it is the gift that keeps on giving.

bulldawg28
12-25-2019, 09:47 AM
John didn't lie. He couldn't control 2 boosters in the end.........JoMo is a guru*******

If he was firing him the two boosters wouldn't matter.

OLJWales
12-25-2019, 09:48 AM
Do we still not know why, when and where the altercation took place? Merry Christmas everyone.

R2Dawg
12-25-2019, 09:52 AM

Agree. This is an issue and we have some major leadership issues. As others mentioned, reminds me of Sidney/Baily situation.

Todd4State
12-25-2019, 10:27 AM
Do we still not know why, when and where the altercation took place? Merry Christmas everyone.

Synopsis per Genespage.

Gay tackled Shrader in practice. Shrader told Gay good hit but that would be a penalty in a game. Gay got upset. Both of them began jawing. Gay hit Shrader walking of the field and they began to fight. The end.

Cowbell
12-25-2019, 10:59 AM
If he was firing him the two boosters wouldn't matter.

They do when John needs buyout money to cover his mistake

confucius say
12-25-2019, 11:09 AM
Synopsis per Genespage.

Gay tackled Shrader in practice. Shrader told Gay good hit but that would be a penalty in a game. Gay got upset. Both of them began jawing. Gay hit Shrader walking of the field and they began to fight. The end.

If true, what a total dumbass.

AROB44
12-25-2019, 11:09 AM
They do when John needs buyout money to cover his mistake

Lots of people on here didn?t think it was a mistake when he was hired.

Bdawg
12-25-2019, 11:26 AM
Synopsis per Genespage.

If true, what a total dumbass.

If true, that would have been the last day Willie Gay put on the maroon and white. Like I said, if true.

OLJWales
12-25-2019, 12:18 PM
If his optical thing got crushed then my non doctor ass is gonna go out on a limb
predicting Schrader will be on the side line in street clothes wearing an eye patch giving the sports journalists and TV announcers a good story. If true, I hope WG's playing days at MSU are over. This will hurt him in the draft and deservedly so. I hope he doesn't travel if true.

I guess now the question is whose our #2 QB gonna be?

HancockCountyDog
12-25-2019, 12:33 PM
Here is the question I Have, if I’m Shrader and the coach doesn’t suspend the guy that fractured my eye socket, I can assure you it would be the last day I’d be on that team.

This is not good in about 9 different ways.

bulldawg28
12-25-2019, 01:36 PM
Here is the question I Have, if I?m Shrader and the coach doesn?t suspend the guy that fractured my eye socket, I can assure you it would be the last day I?d be on that team.

This is not good in about 9 different ways.

The coach hasn't suspended Shrader for all the things he's done. The only player Moorehead seems to be a hardass on consistently is not forgetting/forgiving KT.

OLJWales
12-25-2019, 01:41 PM
The coach hasn't suspended Shrader for all the things he's done. The only player Moorehead seems to be a hardass on consistently is not forgetting/forgiving KT.

"all the things shrader's done" ? can't spill it on the public board? if so, I understand.

Thrill1
12-25-2019, 02:08 PM
Synopsis per Genespage.

That?s all that Paul/Genes Page will say and can?t blame them. Shrader kept running his mouth and called Willie something that crossed the line. Read between the lines a little here guys. Both at fault. Not trying to take sides, but much more to story.

DeputyDawg94
12-25-2019, 02:15 PM
Lots of people on here didn?t think it was a mistake when he was hired.

And we were wrong!

OLJWales
12-25-2019, 02:16 PM
That?s all that Paul/Genes Page will say and can?t blame them. Shrader kept running his mouth and called Willie something that crossed the line. Read between the lines a little here guys. Both at fault. Not trying to take sides, but much more to story.

This is prolly accurate. The circumstances of the altercation will/should determine the next steps. Nevertheless, there are ways to kick a guys ass that wouldn't injure your team's QB to that extent.

Gutter Cobreh
12-25-2019, 02:18 PM

So we have our own little Mason Rudolph/Miles Garrett situation???

JoMo does remind me a little bit of Freddie Kitchens.

sleepy dawg
12-25-2019, 02:26 PM
Thank goodness.

Most all good teams have fights. It?s a sign that the players passionately care

That's why we got so good with Reynardo Sydney.

OLJWales
12-25-2019, 02:32 PM
That's why we got so good with Reynardo Sydney.

I'm thinking shotgun didn't realize the extent of the injury. But yea, this appears to be more of a Sydney deal than an on the practice field slap around fisticuffs.

Hambone
12-25-2019, 03:08 PM
Here’s my question. Honestly

I don’t condone the N word at all, what so ever. But when the hell did it become a get out of jail free card when the word is uttered?

It’s perfectly fine (and funny) for black people to call white people crackas, Hillbillies and what not. However, could you see the public outrage if the roles were reversed and Willie Gay had a fractured orbital bone because Shrader punched him in the face after Willie called him a cracka???

Once again, not condoning the use of that word and never will but damn, that can’t be used as means to seriously injuring someone.

OLJWales
12-25-2019, 03:18 PM

I don’t condone the N word at all, what so ever. But when the hell did it become a get out of jail free card when the word is uttered?

It’s perfectly fine (and funny) for black people to call white people crackas, Hillbillies and what not. However, could you see the public outrage if the roles were reversed and Willie Gay had a fractured orbital bone because Shrader punched him in the face after Willie called him a cracka???

Once again, not condoning the use of that word and never will but damn, that can’t be used as means to seriously injuring someone.

I certainly hope Shrader didn't use the "n word" with the "er" ending at a black person. That's a place white people just don't need to go. sorry if I seem overly liberal but that's just the way it is. It is no comparison to blacks using the word ending in "ga" or a black person using "cracka". Growing up in the 70's in the MS Delta, we were in the minority of white households that banned that world from the family vocab. Not because my parents were liberal, but because using the word made you sound like a dumbass redneck.

Hambone
12-25-2019, 03:35 PM
I completely agree with you about how the use of that word makes someone look, and I agree. My argument is how does the use of that word give someone the right to do whatever they want?

OLJWales
12-25-2019, 03:39 PM
I completely agree with you about how the use of that word makes someone look, and I agree. My argument is how does the use of that word give someone the right to do whatever they want?

touche sir. good point as well. being a dumbass saying dumbass things shouldn't convict you to an injury to that extent.

Coach34
12-25-2019, 03:39 PM

I have a hard time believing that happened. Its just a word that isnt used much by the younger generation, Plus, it would pretty much kill his place on a team that is majority black. More than just Gay would have whooped his ass for saying it.

Sounds like they were just jawing back and forth at practice and it escalated. It happens. But I do question Shrader's decision-making quite a bit. Gay is not one of the guys on the team you want to mess with

maroonmania
12-25-2019, 04:01 PM
I have a hard time believing that happened. Its just a word that isnt used much by the younger generation, Plus, it would pretty much kill his place on a team that is majority black. More than just Gay would have whooped his ass for saying it.

Sounds like they were just jawing back and forth at practice and it escalated. It happens. But I do question Shrader's decision-making quite a bit. Gay is not one of the guys on the team you want to mess with

I personally believe the whole thing is just a symptom of a much larger cultural problem with our program. And the problem is accountability. Just like tutorgate was a symptom of the same thing.

bulldawg28
12-25-2019, 04:09 PM

He didn't do what he wanted to with him. People know exactly the extent of the demeaning word when it's used. He deserved to get his ass kicked for it. The reason no one else jumped in was because he got the point afterwards and deservingly so. Jawing is one thing but using the word that demeans a person as scum or suggests your beneath me suggested he wanted whatever that person was willing to dish out.

OLJWales
12-25-2019, 04:19 PM
WAMSU (for the time being)

confucius say
12-25-2019, 04:36 PM
Who is reporting the N word? That seems not likely to me. And unless that is well sourced why the hell are we running with that instead of smn like pus-y ass bit-h? Or dumb mother effer.

bobtail bob
12-25-2019, 05:28 PM
Jugheads continued culture change. What will be the next shoe to drop ? This is what happens when shit effort management is tolerated.

Noxdog
12-25-2019, 05:37 PM
He didn't do what he wanted to with him. People know exactly the extent of the demeaning word when it's used. He deserved to get his ass kicked for it. The reason no one else jumped in was because he got the point afterwards and deservingly so. Jawing is one thing but using the word that demeans a person as scum or suggests your beneath me suggested he wanted whatever that person was willing to dish out.

Then why is he still on team? I would think that this a splinter the could cause a huge rift. If what you are insinuating is true and no discipline is handed down then it's worse than I thought under this coach(clown).

Surely the players are not going to let that stand or is this not as dramatic as you posit?

OLJWales
12-25-2019, 05:52 PM

Not sure you quite get it and you seem to presume the worst on Shrader. No one's words, no matter how bad deserve to have their brain crushed. But we don't even know what actually went down, do we? I'm hoping Shrader's not that dumb but even if he is, no one deserves that type of life threatening response.

shoeless joe
12-25-2019, 06:19 PM

Based on all your posts on this thread it’s obvious that you are going to side with gay no matter what and have already made up your mind.

Here are a few FACTS about this whole situation: both players acted like dumbasses in this instance. Gay has acted a dumbass in public (game days) several times this year. IF and that’s a big IF shrader used a racist term to refer to gay it still doesn’t excuse his behavior...which apparently some think it should. I personally have a hard time believing he did say that particular word...I’d be much more willing to believe he used another term and in gay’s mind he took it as a racial slur...as we know a ton of this goes on nowadays. However o have no insider knowledge and am just gleaning from reasonable bits of info.

The bigger issue here, as others have stated is that this is just another embarrassing and unacceptable piece to the jomo puzzle that should have been completed last month.

Todd4State
12-25-2019, 06:19 PM
Who is reporting the N word? That seems not likely to me. And unless that is well sourced why the hell are we running with that instead of smn like pus-y ass bit-h? Or dumb mother effer.

No one. Lots of conjecture from people who are making assumptions based on zero evidence.

Jarius
12-25-2019, 11:09 PM
No one. Lots of conjecture from people who are making assumptions based on zero evidence.

It got asked on Genespage is this was true and Paul Jones said. "We can't report on what was said unless we are 100 % sure in a situation that involved that kind of language". You can take that however you want to take it. If there was nothing to that rumor it would get shot down in a hurry by that bunch I can promise you. Willie Gay didn't break our quarterback's face for nothing. I'm not saying that he is not in the wrong in this situation. I'm Just saying that maybe we should hold off thinking he wasn't provoked in a way that many people would respond similarly, right or wrong. The absolute best case scenario is for this to get swept under the rug if that did happen because we don't need that kind of media attention.

Todd4State
12-25-2019, 11:12 PM
It got asked on Genespage is this was true and Paul Jones said "we can't report on what was said unless we are 100 % sure in a situation that involved that kind of language". You can take that however you want to take it. If there was nothing to that rumor it would get shot down in a hurry by that bunchni can promise you. Willie Gay didn't break our quarterback's face for nothing.

Yes because Willie Gay has a history of being calm, cool, and collected.**

My take on that is Paul doesn't want to report something incorrectly. I'm with Coach34 on this. If he said that it would have been more than Gay beating him up.

Jarius
12-25-2019, 11:17 PM
Yes because Willie Gay has a history of being calm, cool, and collected.**

My take on that is Paul doesn't want to report something incorrectly. I'm with Coach34 on this. If he said that it would have been more than Gay beating him up.

The rest of the team was greeting Purvis who surprised them at the end of practice. I would imagine that they all assumed a broke eye socket of the qb was enough no matter what was said. Those guys are well aware of that rumor and have not squashed it. Hopefully it's not true.

Todd4State
12-25-2019, 11:23 PM
The rest of the team was greeting Purvis who surprised them at the end of practice. I would imagine that they all assumed a broke eye socket of the qb was enough no matter what was said. Those guys are well aware of that rumor and have not squashed it.

Who? The players? Odds are high because of the situation with Purvis probably very few there heard what was said right before the punch. There were probably 100 people there and none were focused on Shrader and Gay at that moment until they started fighting.

Paul also said that a lot of the rumors that he has seen are pretty crazy and not true as well.

Both players are at fault. But allegedly saying our QB said the n word based on what at this point is rumor without 100% fact is irresponsible.

Todd4State
12-25-2019, 11:24 PM
But hey! Let's come up with rumors about our players because we don't like the coach because just losing games doesn't get the point across.

Jarius
12-25-2019, 11:27 PM
I didn't say anything and I'm not make anything up. Try reading my post again. Merry Christmas.

Liverpooldawg
12-25-2019, 11:28 PM
There was a fight at a football practice? I'm shocked, shocked I tell you.******

Jarius
12-25-2019, 11:30 PM
There was a fight at a football practice? I'm shocked, shocked I tell you.******

A fight that ends up with your quarterback being sidelined for a game is a big deal no matter how much people want to act like this is normal. It's not normal at all for a quarterback to get knocked out of a future game on purpose by his teammate.

Cowbell
12-25-2019, 11:37 PM

Seriously dude. Get your head out of the sand.

TUSK
12-25-2019, 11:55 PM
Somebody, wrap this long ass thread in a bow, for me... (I've been off grid)...

So, a "N word" jacked up a "Cracker" for saying the "N word"???

..... at football practice? If this is "news", y'all have worse problems than lack of coaching/talent....

Regardless, Merry Christmas to all you cats!!!!!!

Bothrops
12-25-2019, 11:59 PM
If Shrader did in fact say that word, then he just lost the team's trust and support and should probably transfer.

According to Paul, Gay confronted him minutes after the original exchange and that's when he punched him. If I were Joe and Shrader never used that word, I would ask Gay why he wants to remain on the team at MSU, and decide his fate based on his answer.

Cowbell
12-26-2019, 12:06 AM
Somebody, wrap this long ass thread in a bow, for me... (I've been off grid)...

So, a "N word" jacked up a "Cracker" for saying the "N word"???

..... at football practice? If this is "news", y'all have worse problems than lack of coaching/talent....

Regardless, Merry Christmas to all you cats!!!!!!

Joe burrow or Tua get their eye socket busted by a teammate in a post practice brawl and are out for the bowl game - yeah, no big deal

Cowbell
12-26-2019, 12:07 AM
If Shrader did in fact say that word, then he just lost the team's trust and support and should probably transfer.

According to Paul, Gay confronted him minutes after the original exchange and that's when he punched him. If I were Joe and Shrader never used that word, I would ask Gay why he wants to remain on the team at MSU, and decide his fate based on his answer.

You guys forget that Gay is mooreheads guy - go back and watch the famous PC

TUSK
12-26-2019, 12:15 AM
Tua get their eye socket busted by a teammate in a post practice brawl and are out for the bowl game - yeah, no big deal

Would not happen.

Cowbell
12-26-2019, 12:17 AM
Would not happen.

Well, that's what I would have said about our situation a week ago...

And it wouldn't happen because you guys have discipline.... the whole point of this 9 page thread.

ejdallas322
12-26-2019, 12:18 AM
Would not happen.

He's right, Saban would end that crap faster than you can say "Roll Tide"

StoneDawg
12-26-2019, 12:33 AM

None of this is well sourced. I?d be willing to bet nothing happened. Same story different day on this board. I small rumor grows and grows. We should have learned our lesson after the egg bowl.

ejdallas322
12-26-2019, 12:43 AM
Florida has better discipline than we do.... I miss Dan Mullen, he took care of all the trouble makers in his program

bulldawg28
12-26-2019, 12:45 AM
Based on all your posts on this thread it?s obvious that you are going to side with gay no matter what and have already made up your mind.

Here are a few FACTS about this whole situation: both players acted like dumbasses in this instance. Gay has acted a dumbass in public (game days) several times this year. IF and that?s a big IF shrader used a racist term to refer to gay it still doesn?t excuse his behavior...which apparently some think it should. I personally have a hard time believing he did say that particular word...I?d be much more willing to believe he used another term and in gay?s mind he took it as a racial slur...as we know a ton of this goes on nowadays. However o have no insider knowledge and am just gleaning from reasonable bits of info.

The bigger issue here, as others have stated is that this is just another embarrassing and unacceptable piece to the jomo puzzle that should have been completed last month.

I'm not siding with anyone. I'm saying to you that even with disputes there are still levels of respect that most people honor. If you purposely cross that line you open yourself up to a world of unnecessary possibilities. Both are at fault because both have a lot to lose in the situation. There are no winners. However, this sort of thing happens more than people realize when you have team division, poor player management, and a terrible culture.

bulldawg28
12-26-2019, 12:47 AM
Not sure you quite get it and you seem to presume the worst on Shrader. No one's words, no matter how bad deserve to have their brain crushed. But we don't even know what actually went down, do we? I'm hoping Shrader's not that dumb but even if he is, no one deserves that type of life threatening response.

And no one deserves to be degraded. I get it clearly.

Todd4State
12-26-2019, 01:10 AM
Florida has better discipline than we do.... I miss Dan Mullen, he took care of all the trouble makers in his program

He recruited some of the current ones though.

Cowbell
12-26-2019, 01:12 AM
He recruited some of the current ones though.

He also recruited guys like Jeffrey Simmons and created a culture that turned them into good men

bulldawg28
12-26-2019, 01:16 AM
He also recruited guys like Jeffrey Simmons and created a culture that turned them into good men

Yep

Todd4State
12-26-2019, 01:20 AM

And that has what to do with now? Simmons only had one incident before he got here and for some reason the media stayed on it the entire time he was with us. Which was BS.

maroonmania
12-26-2019, 09:06 AM
And no one deserves to be degraded. I get it clearly.

Whole different deal though. Is getting called the "N" word in the heat of the moment (IF it even happened) by someone going to affect Gay's future? NO. Is getting punched in the face so hard that his vision may be impaired going to affect Shrader's future? Very well could. Its one thing to get your feelings hurt, quite another to be impaired physically where it jeopardizes your ability to play the sport you were given a scholarship for and hope to make a living at doing someday.

Liverpooldawg
12-26-2019, 11:56 AM
Whole different deal though. Is getting called the "N" word in the heat of the moment (IF it even happened) by someone going to affect Gay's future? NO. Is getting punched in the face so hard that his vision may be impaired going to affect Shrader's future? Very well could. Its one thing to get your feelings hurt, quite another to be impaired physically where it jeopardizes your ability to play the sport you were given a scholarship for and hope to make a living at doing someday.

Talk about a stretch. It's not bad enough for surgery and will be healed naturally by January. That's what's being reported by David Murry.

Rex54
12-26-2019, 12:27 PM
Talk about a stretch. It's not bad enough for surgery and will be healed naturally by January. That's what's being reported by David Murry.

The king of cold takes makes his triumphant return. “Oh well not THAT bad” - GTFO.

Todd4State
12-26-2019, 12:40 PM

Thank you. And sorry- getting called a name is not a reason to hit someone. People can disagree but I don't give a shit. The law and courts would agree with me.

maroonmania
12-26-2019, 01:32 PM
Thank you. And sorry- getting called a name is not a reason to hit someone. People can disagree but I don't give a shit. The law and courts would agree with me.

Thanks for being another voice of reason. Verbal abuse is bad no doubt. But it in no way equates to physical abuse.

maroonmania
12-26-2019, 01:34 PM

I'm not stretching anything. I personally have not read anything from David Murray and that's why I said it COULD. But if his vision is expected to come back full strength then that is great news. When you smash someone's eye socket (and that was the rumor being propagated here) its very serious business.

deadheaddawg
12-26-2019, 03:03 PM
Thank goodness.

Why are you starting threads about being embarrassed now?

HancockCountyDog
12-26-2019, 03:08 PM
I'm convinced that if there was video of the fight, that CJM would be fired.

Bothrops
12-26-2019, 03:23 PM
I'm convinced that if there was video of the fight, that CJM would be fired.

How's that?

timotheus
12-26-2019, 06:08 PM
I'm wondering how that would be also.

OLJWales
12-27-2019, 09:12 PM
someone posted a day or so ago about what if this incident happened on an NFL team. I think that's worthy of discussion. A blow to an eye with enough force to do that type of damage is not a typical football "squabble" . it just isn't.

Get ready to be embarrassed come game day. IT is coming.

timotheus
12-27-2019, 09:18 PM
good topics for the game commentators as Joe stands there looking at a chart of explosive plays.........

Todd4State
12-28-2019, 12:50 AM
someone posted a day or so ago about what if this incident happened on an NFL team. I think that's worthy of discussion. A blow to an eye with enough force to do that type of damage is not a typical football "squabble" . it just isn't.

Get ready to be embarrassed come game day. IT is coming.

The laughable thing to me is the players acting like beating the QB to the point where he can't play happens all the time. But we don't understand that because we aren't athletes.

Definitely a concerted WTF take from the football team.