PDA

View Full Version : Dallas does not deserve to make the playoffs...

RougeDawg
12-22-2019, 05:51 PM
They have about 3-4 drops in key situations. Dak missed behind a couple wide open receivers. Zeke has 9 yards on 5 carries. Defense playing soft. Bad special teams.

Sadly, the eagles are just as bad if not worse.

KOdawg1
12-22-2019, 05:54 PM
It's sad when you're 7th in the NFL in defense and 1st in offense, and you're struggling to go .500

OLJWales
12-22-2019, 06:04 PM
Jerry Jones said if he were an owner and had a GM doing as bad a job as he's been doing, he would fire him. What a **** nut. Until he releases a GM who will have free reign to run the program, Dallas is ****ed.

Schultzy
12-22-2019, 06:07 PM
Maybe they should try running on first down some.

DownwardDawg
12-22-2019, 06:12 PM
I love Dak, but I’ve never liked the Cowboys. I cheer for them only for Dak. If they had decent office leadership, I could really be a fan. I just wish jerry would get out of the way or Dak would go to another team.

Matt3467
12-22-2019, 06:19 PM
Zeke for one is overrated. Pollard is a very good back without the drama.

Cooterpoot
12-22-2019, 06:28 PM
Zeke for one is overrated. Pollard is a very good back without the drama.

Overrated-yes. But Pollard is not that good. Just got stuffed then put it in the ground.

Dawgology
12-22-2019, 06:28 PM
I’ve never seen a coach do less with more. Not even JoMo.

Maroonthirteen
12-22-2019, 06:32 PM
I'm a Cowboys fan but.... they aren't good on either side of the ball at the moment. The eagles aren't much better.

The saints v Titans game was on another level compared to this game.

KOdawg1
12-22-2019, 06:34 PM
Dak sucks. I love him, but he's terrible

ETA: tonight. He's terrible tonight

Cooterpoot
12-22-2019, 06:36 PM

Yeah, he's hurt. So is Cooper. If leading the league is sucking, what's good?

msstate7
12-22-2019, 06:36 PM

That was awful. Gotta think shoulder issue is bothering him

KOdawg1
12-22-2019, 06:37 PM
I mean tonight.

Dawgology
12-22-2019, 06:38 PM

This. He’s one of the top QB’s in the league right now...with a sprained shoulder and broken finger on his throwing hand.

Quaoarsking
12-22-2019, 06:39 PM

To be fair, Cooper made a pretty poor effort to catch that, and there have been several other drops by various receivers tonight.

Dawgology
12-22-2019, 06:40 PM
You can tell Dak is off a little bit from the injury but his WR’s and RB’s aren’t helping out...at all. Plus the Cowboys D has been very inconsistent over the past 2 months. It’s time for a big coaching staff change.

MarketingBully
12-22-2019, 06:44 PM
After today they should fire Garrett. Just a mediocre yes man who isn’t a good head coach.

RocketDawg
12-22-2019, 06:48 PM

Yeah, I think it must be bothering him. He's thrown too many off the mark tonight. Sailed it 2 or 3 yards over Cooper's head last series. And he was wide open. He's had a lot of drops too though, Witten being one.

MetEdDawg
12-22-2019, 06:48 PM
Garrett is gone no matter what.

The question is will Jerry Jones step aside and let someone actually run the team as a GM and back the hell off? The answer is no, but that's what it's going to take.

I'll be interested to see who they hire as HC. Do they go hard after Lincoln Riley? That to me would be a Jerry Jones move. Someone young you can attempt to control.

BoomBoom
12-22-2019, 06:51 PM
To be fair, Cooper made a pretty poor effort to catch that, and there have been several other drops by various receivers tonight.

To be extra fair, Coop probably still has some very sore ribs from when Dak put one high last week, and he went up and got it and took a lick for it.

Schultzy
12-22-2019, 07:01 PM
Impossible catch.

But Play calling on 1st down is horrendous. Then on 3rd & 1 we pass then punt instead of running twice if needed. This staff is stupid.

RougeDawg
12-22-2019, 07:23 PM
WR drops are the difference in this one. Yes, Dak has had some overthrows but the drops have been killer in key spots.

Saltydog
12-22-2019, 07:32 PM
The knock on Dak is that he can't consistently complete passes down the field. That's been an issue w/him every season but it makes it even more difficult when you can't run the ball and their OL is very inconsistent.

msstate7
12-22-2019, 07:33 PM
Cowboys are a joke.

RougeDawg
12-22-2019, 07:37 PM
The knock on Dak is that he can't consistently complete passes down the field. That's been an issue w/him every season but it makes it even more difficult when you can't run the ball and their OL is very inconsistent.

He had two deep ones today that the receivers flat out dropped. Had a couple of overthrows but the drops changed the game. That and the continued Zeke up the gut calls when they clearly were not working. Feel like I?m watching MSU when I watch Dallas.

Side note. I do not know what pass interference is anymore. Gallup had one of his hands held down on two end zone throws the last two drives. I guess the replay is there to appease the saints after last season, because there is clearly still leeway on what is or is not PI.

FriarsPoint
12-22-2019, 07:47 PM
Dallas will never do anything with Jerry Jones as owner. Ever.

Commercecomet24
12-22-2019, 08:08 PM
WR drops are the difference in this one. Yes, Dak has had some overthrows but the drops have been killer in key spots.

It's killed them all year. Drops and fumbles in critical situations all year

Political Hack
12-22-2019, 08:08 PM
Nobody in the division deserves to be in the playoffs. It's crazy that Minnesota or Green Bay or Seattle or San Fran could be playing on the road at Philly or Dallas.

RougeDawg
12-22-2019, 09:48 PM
One thing I?ve noticed since Dallas has their hot start to the season, is going away from the creative play calling. Yes, they played stiffer competition but they had a creative offense the first 3-4 games and it has been absent since then. Makes me think that Garrett went ultra conservative against opponents with a pulse and limited the chances of the playmakers getting in space and making plays.

Watching Kansas City and their play calling, the Dallas offense would benefit from similar calls. Sadly Garrett and crew have wasted a talented team this year.

msstate7
12-22-2019, 09:55 PM
Giants, redskins, and dolphins... there's the reason for the hot start. The cowboys have played 7 games vs the current playoff field with a 1-6 record

Dawg_Lover
12-23-2019, 12:02 PM
Sadly, Jones will go to his grave short of the consistent winning team he so wanted because his biggest obstacle was himself. I hate it so bad for Dak.

NCDawg
12-23-2019, 12:17 PM

I agree. He was that way in college also-especially in the 2014 Alabama game when we really needed a win to win the SECW. Sometimes he looks great and then other times he's way of the mark. It could be his arm was bothering him more than he lets on about it.

BogeyGolfer
12-23-2019, 12:35 PM
They have about 3-4 drops in key situations. Dak missed behind a couple wide open receivers. Zeke has 9 yards on 5 carries. Defense playing soft. Bad special teams.

Sadly, the eagles are just as bad if not worse.

I'm a Dallas fan as well, yes, pre-Dak...Dallas lack of effort throughout the year is what cost them this season. The D was terrible for most of the year and Cooper and Elliot take plays and games off. Dak is an above average Qb but also missed some big throws...JJ needs to fire Garrett and start over....

Cooterpoot
12-23-2019, 12:47 PM

He is 3rd in the NFL in downfield pass completion average. That's in the air, not YAC.

Dawgology
12-23-2019, 01:25 PM
He is 3rd in the NFL in downfield pass completion average. That's in the air, not YAC.

This. I think a lot of people just parrot what commentators say, who parrot what analysts say, who parrot what fans say and no one ever actually looks at stats.

Commercecomet24
12-23-2019, 01:51 PM

Exactly! People listening to talking heads to much instead of actually watching and looking at the stats.