PDA

View Full Version : Looking for hunting lease/club in Noxubee Co

stalkingpoon
12-21-2019, 09:10 PM
Anyone have any land for lease or club memberships open in 2020 around Brooksville area in Noxubee?

99jc
12-22-2019, 09:51 AM
Just curious but why not just hunt the refuge...I grew up on Noxubee and there are plenty of deer there.

stalkingpoon
12-22-2019, 11:21 PM
Just curious but why not just hunt the refuge...I grew up on Noxubee and there are plenty of deer there.

Bow hunting is nice there, but once rifle season opens it?s a free for all. You?ve got some places that are pressured as much, but overall it?s a cluster.

viverlibre
12-23-2019, 12:29 AM

Cause public land and idiots with high powered rifles.

BeastMan
12-23-2019, 10:44 AM
Nox Co has huge deer with all the corn farming but they also have a ton of hogs. Would be a fun place to have some land. Any particular reason it has to be north/Brooksville? Good looking land down south too by Sugarlot (I’m not even attempting to spell that, y’all know what I mean lol)

stalkingpoon
12-23-2019, 11:41 AM
Nox Co has huge deer with all the corn farming but they also have a ton of hogs. Would be a fun place to have some land. Any particular reason it has to be north/Brooksville? Good looking land down south too by Sugarlot (I?m not even attempting to spell that, y?all know what I mean lol)

Shuqualak lol Brooksville is where our place is in Noxubee so it would be closer, but I'm open to anywhere in the vicinity.

Treemydawg
12-24-2019, 10:07 PM
It is definitely one of the prime areas in Mississippi. I had a place in Artesia I hunted for several years, killed a stud 7 1/2 year old on it a couple years ago. His right base measured 5 7/8 , left was 7 1/8 , like coke cans. Weighed 226 and I killed him the second week of January so he had lost a good bit of weight during the rut. Would love to know what he would have weighed late October early November. You can see in the pic below he makes the bed of my f-250 look small.

Treemydawg
12-24-2019, 10:09 PM

Treemydawg
12-24-2019, 10:10 PM

stalkingpoon
12-25-2019, 10:16 PM
It is definitely one of the prime areas in Mississippi. I had a place in Artesia I hunted for several years, killed a stud 7 1/2 year old on it a couple years ago. His right base measured 5 7/8 , left was 7 1/8 , like coke cans. Weighed 226 and I killed him the second week of January so he had lost a good bit of weight during the rut. Would love to know what he would have weighed late October early November. You can see in the pic below he makes the bed of my f-250 look small.

Damn! Artesia is about 7 mins from my house!

stalkingpoon
04-23-2020, 09:02 PM
bump. Still looking

FISHDAWG
04-24-2020, 12:31 PM
Shuqualak lol Brooksville is where our place is in Noxubee so it would be closer, but I'm open to anywhere in the vicinity.

Best Rabbit hunt I've ever been on was in Shuqualak ... coming out after the morning hunt across an old cut-over and holding dogs by their leashes someone shot a rabbit with buckshot, next thing 30-06's were trying to hit running rabbits .... we went to the house and grabbed shotguns and that afternoon (without dogs) three of us killed around 20 rabbits by just kicking at brush piles in about 2 hours .... I'll never forget it.

I used to hunt some Georgia Pacific land that bordered Dancing Rabbit Hunting Club ... Not sure but I thought that was Noxubee Co ... I've heard that Dancing Rabbit Club was pretty expensive tho

viverlibre
04-24-2020, 07:10 PM
Cause public land and idiots with high powered rifles.

^^^^^this