PDA

View Full Version : Women's basketball game vs Virginia (in Las Vegas)

RocketDawg
12-21-2019, 05:41 PM
Game just started a little after 4:30. Can't watch it without paying, but live stats are available through hailstate.com.

Score is currently 6-5 MSU about 4 minutes into the game.

RocketDawg
12-21-2019, 06:42 PM
We're up 44-32 with about 6 minutes left in the 3rd.

RocketDawg
12-21-2019, 07:29 PM
Final 72-59 MSU.

I don't know how good Virginia is supposed to be.

somebodyshotmypaw
12-21-2019, 09:46 PM
Rickea starting to settle in and show what she can do.

msbulldog
12-21-2019, 10:14 PM
R Jackson MVP, Carter all tourney

StigsMcQueen
12-22-2019, 08:34 AM
Final 72-59 MSU.

I don't know how good Virginia is supposed to be.

They usually finish somewhere between the middle of the pack and the back of the pack in the ACC.

Under Coach Thompson, their non-conference schedule is usually extremely ambitious. This year, they'd already played Bucknell, Kentucky, UConn, JMU, and UCLA before the MSU game. All of those are outstanding programs that have excellent RPIs each year.

In terms of UVA's coaching staff, I'd bet they're paying those three WNBA fixtures quite a bit.

It's interesting because their approach to trying to squeak into the dance is the exact opposite of Va Tech. The Hokies play as light of a non-conference schedule as possible in order to have an impressive win total for the committee to look at, whereas UVA wants the world to know that they're trying to be world-beaters.

It'll be interesting to see if UVA can get better recruits and start to the climb the ladder in the ACC. I'm just glad that they're willing to invest significantly in their program, and wish more schools would do the same.