PDA

View Full Version : Realistic Outlook for Rest of the Year

1998Dawg
10-30-2013, 12:57 PM
New poster here, but long time reader and die hard dawg.

Here are my thoughts goin forward. First, I am tired of everyone having their pantys in a wad. We are 4-3. The "mighty" Bears are only 5-3 (Beat Idaho- seesh!).

We got a shot to make a run & here's why..

First, we are better than our record says. We lost to OkSt only cause Tyler got knocked out and we had to put in our backup. Second, we are comin off back to back close wins- the "old dawgs" would of found a way to loose. But that's the old dawgs, we fight til the end now and Im proud of it.

My Predictions (feel free to add to em', I aint a forecaster professionally..Lol):
@ USC - we got a 45% chance to win. I'd say higher but being on the road makes it tough.
@ TAMU - well, if JFF so I don't know if we got a shot really. 25% chance of win.
vs. Bama - Don't know if that Bama D can handle the Dak offense. Upset special & payback for last yr. Saban will over look us & Dan will pull of that huge win finally. I am on the record: we win.
@ Ark - Who?? lol..sleep walk to a 45-13 win.
Ole P*ss - Win. These arogant lil bros of ours will finally realize how overrated they are.

Realistically, thats 8-3 range and Peach Bowl. Hell of season to me boys. Lets relax and let this play out!

dawgoneyall
10-30-2013, 01:02 PM
They beat LSU. We didn't.

civildawg
10-30-2013, 01:03 PM

Here are my thoughts goin forward. First, I am tired of everyone having their pantys in a wad. We are 4-3. The "mighty" Bears are only 5-3 (Beat Idaho- seesh!).

First, we are better than our record says. We lost to OkSt only cause Tyler got knocked out and we had to put in our backup. Second, we are comin off back to back close wins- the "old dawgs" would of found a way to loose. But that's the old dawgs, we fight til the end now and Im proud of it.

My Predictions (feel free to add to em', I aint a forecaster professionally..Lol):
@ USC - we got a 45% chance to win. I'd say higher but being on the road makes it tough.
@ TAMU - well, if JFF so I don't know if we got a shot really. 25% chance of win.
vs. Bama - Don't know if that Bama D can handle the Dak offense. Upset special & payback for last yr. Saban will over look us & Dan will pull of that huge win finally. I am on the record: we win.
Ole P*ss - Win. These arogant lil bros of ours will finally realize how overrated they are.

Realistically, thats 8-3 range and Peach Bowl. Hell of season to me boys. Lets relax and let this play out!

Crack is a hell of a drug

mparkerfd20
10-30-2013, 01:04 PM

All I know is you better be sharing. I'll take 2 please!

curmudgeon
10-30-2013, 01:09 PM
I think we get South Carolina sleeping on us. A&M will nearly kill us on national television and Alabama will finish the job on ESPN Primetime.

Arkansas is good enough to beat us and if we don't go into the Ole Miss game with five or more wins, Ole Miss will beat us 2011 Egg Bowl style.

RState
10-30-2013, 01:27 PM
Im with ya '98Dawg. These other guys aint True Maroon. Theres fight left in the Dawgs! Mullen aint just some hack hes a proven coach and he can win the big ones. Im not sure which one it will be but my money is on the Dawgs to pull a HUGE upset. You hit the nail on the head with TSUN- there record is based on wins over semo and idaho! Yeah they beat LSU but thats only cuz the refs are in theyre back pocket. F*** the Cocks and Hail State!!

EngineerDawg
10-30-2013, 01:29 PM
what is this peach bowl you speak of?

CadaverDawg
10-30-2013, 01:32 PM

Good try Augusta.**

I hope our team is better than your math. If we have 3 losses now and you predict a loss to A&M...how do we still end up with 3 losses? And we play 12 games so me thinks 8-3 isn't likely.

That being said, I like the optimism....but I think we lose the next 3, beat Ark, and lose to ole miss to finish 5-7. But at least we'll have beaten all of the teams we are supposed to beat.*

EngineerDawg
10-30-2013, 01:33 PM
We lost to OkSt only cause Tyler got knocked out and we had to put in our backup.

YOU lost me right there. Any sensible person knows we increased our chances to win the OkSt game when we inserted Dak. Dak>TR in CDM system. Sad but true.

blacklistedbully
10-30-2013, 01:35 PM
If we play up to our potential I think we are 50-50 to beat SCar. But we can't step on our own dicks. Same thing with aTm, because their defense is just that bad. I don;t see us consistently stopping JFF, but I suspect we only need to stop 5 or 6 drives to have a great chance because of their defense. This does depend on Mullen & staff not making bone-headed play calls. We cannot get a lead and go conservative vs JFF.

Saban will not allow Bama to overlook us. We would need our very best effort, combined with fair officiating and the bounces to go our way to win this one. Very slim chance here.

Arky is a game we should win, period.

Up until last week, I was extremely confident we would beat OM. I am no longer sure. If we play like we have since the LSU letdown, they may well kick our ass similar to last year. But if we beat SCar and/or aTm, Arky & keep any losses to SCAR/aTm/Bama close, I'll be back to thinking we throttle Ole Miss.

Behrdawg
10-30-2013, 01:39 PM
I think we get South Carolina sleeping on us. A&M will nearly kill us on national television and Alabama will finish the job on ESPN Primetime.

Arkansas is good enough to beat us and if we don't go into the Ole Miss game with five or more wins, Ole Miss will beat us 2011 Egg Bowl style.

Huh?

1998Dawg
10-30-2013, 01:39 PM
Sorry about the math CavadverDawg. Want happen again.

But I had to start posting cause I am gettin sick of everyone on this board getting all upset about our season. We're midway thru the yr and yall sound like a bunch of girls- might wanna go play JV basketball for ol' Freeze Lol. I know some Bears and they act like they hung the moon cause they 5-3. We're 4-3. Guess it's just different expectations ya know?

But yes. The Bears have beaten mighty SEMO and Idaho. So what. We lost by a better score to Auburn than the Bears did. Cause and point to why we win the egg bowl right there. Yall will be lookin silly in a few months when I say "I told ya so".

smootness
10-30-2013, 01:43 PM
We lost by a better score to Auburn than the Bears did. Cause and point to why we win the egg bowl right there. Yall will be lookin silly in a few months when I say "I told ya so".

Well, huh. What do you do with the LSU scores?

Eric Nies Grind Time
10-30-2013, 01:45 PM

But I had to start posting cause I am gettin sick of everyone on this board getting all upset about our season. We're midway thru the yr and yall sound like a bunch of girls- might wanna go play JV basketball for ol' Freeze Lol. I know some Bears and they act like they hung the moon cause they 5-3. We're 4-3. Guess it's just different expectations ya know?

But yes. The Bears have beaten mighty SEMO and Idaho. So what. We lost by a better score to Auburn than the Bears did. Cause and point to why we win the egg bowl right there. Yall will be lookin silly in a few months when I say "I told ya so".

Ok...if Ole Miss had lost to LSU you may have a point here...but they didn't. They beat an above average LSU team that they really had no business beating due to injuries on defense. LSU could very well lose to Alabama and A&M which would take some shine off the victory for Ole Miss, but it's still a solid win.

As for realistic outlook: Playing well in both halves. Improved special teams.

CadaverDawg
10-30-2013, 01:50 PM

http://www.cinemablend.com/images/news/37715/_1369324690.gif

http://weknowgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/what-is-this-amateur-hour-gif.gif

hacker
10-30-2013, 01:51 PM
troll infestation in this thread

1998Dawg
10-30-2013, 01:51 PM
what is this peach bowl you speak of?

the one in Hotlanta

SignalToNoise
10-30-2013, 01:53 PM
Is this another one of those troll assclowns from SEC Rant?

I can only imagine how rich and meaningful one's life is when their goal is to troll message boards for fun.

Nicky Santoro
10-30-2013, 02:16 PM

worst troll attempt ever?

go back to the rant. please.

msstate7
10-30-2013, 02:25 PM
YOU lost me right there. Any sensible person knows we increased our chances to win the OkSt game when we inserted Dak. Dak>TR in CDM system. Sad but true.

Yeah if dak entered down 1 score or less. Dak entered in pass first mode, so we weren't in better shape in that game. Dak > TR IMO, just not in that situation

1998Dawg
10-30-2013, 02:32 PM
Agreed. The trolling on this forum needs to end. Along with the crying. We are midway thru the yr, on our way to our damn 4th BOWL IN ROW and you'd think we just lost to South Alabama. Get a grip.

Hell, I've sat thru games with Sly Croom at the helm. That's bad. Now we got internet tuff guys acting like Dan cant beat Ark. News Flash: We will win. When we finish 9-3 come cry to me about some trolling and how we aint good enough. I' say "I told ya so"

Political Hack
10-30-2013, 02:39 PM
1) there's no peach bowl.
2) 8-3 is only 11 games. We play 12. Been that way for years.

But this post would've been great in 1998.

EngineerDawg
10-30-2013, 03:09 PM
Yeah if dak entered down 1 score or less. Dak entered in pass first mode, so we weren't in better shape in that game. Dak > TR IMO, just not in that situation

I smell what you are cooking.

Tbonewannabe
10-30-2013, 03:33 PM
The problem with Ok. St. was Dak came in and ran the Tyler game plan. If we ran the offense we ran at Aub we had a better chance.

EngineerDawg
10-30-2013, 03:58 PM
The problem with Ok. St. was Dak came in and ran the Tyler game plan. If we ran the offense we ran at Aub we had a better chance.

Please correct me if I am wrong (as I am not a coach [hence my id]), but wouldn't each QB receive a different gameplan each game. Seriously, it just struck me... why would we prepare Dak to be Tyler, vice versa. It just seems like common sense to me?

hacker
10-30-2013, 04:30 PM
When we finish 9-3 come cry to me about some trolling and how we aint good enough.

hahahahah

The Lord Humongous
10-30-2013, 04:38 PM
worst troll attempt ever?

go back to the rant. please.

Subtle trolls are much more entertaining, aren't they? Yeesh, that's bad.

preachermatt83
10-30-2013, 04:51 PM
http://i601.photobucket.com/albums/tt95/ItalianAngel92/gifs/bth_troll.gif

RState
10-30-2013, 06:08 PM
I mean ideally we'd have more depth at the qb position and could gameplan for anything but thats just not the case right now.

That being said dak is a beast when hes not coming into the game down by 2 tds.

BulldogBear
10-30-2013, 06:24 PM
http://www.cinemablend.com/images/news/37715/_1369324690.gif

http://weknowgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/what-is-this-amateur-hour-gif.gif

After reading this thread and scrolling down to these Gifs, a laughed till my sides hurt Cadaver

donald igwebuike
10-30-2013, 06:42 PM

paging Swan...........paging Rev Permfro...........please pick up your lost ewe

RougeDawg
01-07-2018, 03:28 AM
Agreed. The trolling on this forum needs to end. Along with the crying. We are midway thru the yr, on our way to our damn 4th BOWL IN ROW and you'd think we just lost to South Alabama. Get a grip.

Hell, I've sat thru games with Sly Croom at the helm. That's bad. Now we got internet tuff guys acting like Dan cant beat Ark. News Flash: We will win. When we finish 9-3 come cry to me about some trolling and how we aint good enough. I' say "I told ya so"

Anyone know what happened to this Nostradamus?

PCHSDawg
01-07-2018, 10:23 AM
Wow, talk about ressurecting the dead thread .

3rdGen
01-07-2018, 10:51 AM
�� I was like damn what is this guy talking about then I realized it was from 2013

Choctaw Dawg
01-07-2018, 01:18 PM
lol, kinda good call on his part. If he only knew what would happen three years later....

RougeDawg
01-07-2018, 03:58 PM
Wow, talk about ressurecting the dead thread .

Accidentally clicked on who started the threads and is starts off in symbols and numbered members. These jewels popped up and were hilarious to read. Some even predicted the future losses but didn?t mention Don wearing shorts.