PDA

View Full Version : In 2020 we're going to win 8 regular season football games. Book it

bulldawg28
12-20-2019, 06:25 PM
I know alot of things have happened but every component of the team will be better next year including the coaching.

Mark this thread!

Todd4State
12-20-2019, 06:31 PM
I hope you're right. I agree we will be better- or at least should be.

HoopsDawg
12-20-2019, 06:40 PM
I remember my first beer.

KOdawg1
12-20-2019, 06:43 PM
Coach007 hacked your account

Goldendawg
12-20-2019, 06:50 PM
I know alot of things have happened but every component of the team will be better next year including the coaching.

Mark this thread!

Hail Yeah! With the momentum of the 10 regular season wins in '18 and 8 in "19 no doubt you are correct. Wait a minute, had on my Spring Training Maroon Colored glasses too soon!*****

msstate7
12-20-2019, 06:51 PM

Did you remember your 19th? I think 28 is closer to this mark

Goldendawg
12-20-2019, 06:59 PM

This prediction of 8 wins in 20/20 is after several bottles of Night Train Express or MD 20/20!**** Hail State! I am in serious training to make the USA Olympic Sand Pounding and Kicking Rocks team next competition. Hail State! (I survived Croom and Woody, I can tough this out.)

HoopsDawg
12-20-2019, 07:02 PM

I mean Joe could get a lobotomy. And make the following changes:

1. Less RPO's
2. More personnel groupings than just 11 personnel
3. Add the pistol formation to give some variety to the run game
4. Not do a check with me on every single play
5. Add some up tempo
6. Add some plays under center including the QB sneak on short yardage
7. Add a legit OC to bring a different viewpoint

Nah...I'm dreaming again. He got this far doing it his way so he's probably incapable of change. In his defense, 90% of coaches are the same way.

PGHBulldogBG
12-20-2019, 07:02 PM
If we win 8 that means not only did JoMo figure something out but should get major kudos. I am not seeing any wins outside New Mexico, Alabama A&M, Tulane, Arkansas and Mizzou. Maybe Ole Miss if Kiffin becomes a disaster which is not out of the question

HoopsDawg
12-20-2019, 07:06 PM
If we win 8 that means not only did JoMo figure something out but should get major kudos. I am not seeing any wins outside New Mexico, Alabama A&M, Tulane, Arkansas and Mizzou. Maybe Ole Miss if Kiffin becomes a disaster which is not out of the question

NC State is horrible. Ole Miss is still horrible and not recruiting well. 7 wins is possible. But just like this year, it's not just about the wins. It's how we look.

bulldawg28
12-20-2019, 07:13 PM
NC State is horrible. Ole Miss is still horrible and not recruiting well. 7 wins is possible. But just like this year, it's not just about the wins. It's how we look.

We beat A&M at home . I'm already picking us to beat Auburn next year at home for our upset for the season.

bulldawg28
12-20-2019, 07:14 PM

Ha

Coach34
12-20-2019, 07:18 PM

NC State started a bunch of freshman including QB and returns 19 starters. They will be better in 2020

Coach34
12-20-2019, 07:19 PM
We beat A&M at home . I'm already picking us to beat Auburn next year at home for our upset for the season.

A&M was also one of the younger teams in the country and just signed another real good class. We will be playing the Egg Bowl next year for win #6 again most likely

Todd4State
12-20-2019, 07:19 PM
NC State started a bunch of freshman including QB and returns 19 starters. They will be better in 2020

But how much? They went 4-8 last year. Maybe they end up a 6-7 win team. I don't see them as someone that should lose to- and if we do it's another fail by Joe.

HoopsDawg
12-20-2019, 07:20 PM

I'm sure they will be better but they lost their last 6 games in a row.

bulldawg28
12-20-2019, 07:24 PM
A&M was also one of the younger teams in the country and just signed another real good class. We will be playing the Egg Bowl next year for win #6 again most likely

A&M hasn't progressed since Jimbo was hired. I don't respect them at all.

Coach34
12-20-2019, 07:24 PM
But how much? They went 4-8 last year. Maybe they end up a 6-7 win team. I don't see them as someone that should lose to- and if we do it's another fail by Joe.

Teams that return that many starters usually make 3-4 win jumps the next season. They won 9 games the two previous seasons. Hard to believe they will just fall off the map

Coach34
12-20-2019, 07:27 PM

Well thats just dandy- but I see a team that was young and returns 17-18 starters and will be much better than us next season. Mond improved in 2019 and should be one of the SEC's best in 2020. We are trotting out a new Secondary in 2020. We just simply wont be very good

TrapGame
12-20-2019, 07:29 PM
If we win 8 games next year it means Joe has adapted his offense, we got rid of Joey Jones, S&C is back to Mullen level and Shoop is a helluva DC.

bulldawg28
12-20-2019, 07:32 PM
Well thats just dandy- but I see a team that was young and returns 17-18 starters and will be much better than us next season. Mond improved in 2019 and should be one of the SEC's best in 2020. We are trotting out a new Secondary in 2020. We just simply wont be very good

We're not trotting out a new secondary. All the corners played a ton this year along with Peters and Murphy at safeties on the back end. That's a long talented group. Mond is an average Qb that's terrible on the road.

Coach34
12-20-2019, 07:43 PM
We're not trotting out a new secondary. All the corners played a ton this year along with Peters and Murphy at safeties on the back end. That's a long talented group. Mond is an average Qb that's terrible on the road.

The CB's got some experience but will still be young. They played due to injury not because they were awesome. Murphy should be very good but he will basically be a 1st time starter. Same with Peters- who had 8 tackles in 2019.

Mond had over 3K in total yards and completed over 61% of his passes. He should be damn good in 2020

We only return about 11 starters- depending on Gay- and have a ton of questions. We arent going to beat good football teams in 2020. A&M will be a good football team

bulldawg28
12-20-2019, 07:53 PM
The CB's got some experience but will still be young. They played due to injury not because they were awesome. Murphy should be very good but he will basically be a 1st time starter. Same with Peters- who had 8 tackles in 2019.

Mond had over 3K in total yards and completed over 61% of his passes. He should be damn good in 2020

We only return about 11 starters- depending on Gay- and have a ton of questions. We arent going to beat good football teams in 2020. A&M will be a good football team

Jones, Emerson, and Williams played before any injuries. We'll have to disagree that A&M will be a good team. The killer being the scheduling setup on the year.

timotheus
12-20-2019, 07:56 PM
So we will be 5-0 after A&M.

msstate7
12-20-2019, 08:09 PM
I think 8 is possible if we have above avg coaching, but I just have no reason to believe we will. 4 OOC, ark, mizzou, Kentucky, and om is the path, but it will be pretty tough for us to run the table on all toss ups (NCSU, mizzou, Kentucky, and OM)

Quaoarsking
12-20-2019, 08:09 PM
Teams that return that many starters usually make 3-4 win jumps the next season. They won 9 games the two previous seasons. Hard to believe they will just fall off the map

You're going to have to back this up with examples.

List all P5 teams over the last 2 decades who returned at least 18 starters and what their wins totals were before and after.

CadaverDawg
12-20-2019, 08:11 PM

Mark this thread!

https://media.giphy.com/media/xUPOqku2YqWpZ3wkRa/giphy.gif

bulldawg28
12-20-2019, 08:19 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/xUPOqku2YqWpZ3wkRa/giphy.gif

I know it appears that way.

OLJWales
12-20-2019, 08:59 PM
Headed for the shower as I just put too much trust into a lying fart.

HoopsDawg
12-20-2019, 09:00 PM
Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
Cole is absolutely the player Abrams is. One is a big hitter the other is a play maker

Coach34
12-20-2019, 09:06 PM
You're going to have to back this up with examples.

List all P5 teams over the last 2 decades who returned at least 18 starters and what their wins totals were before and after.

Haha- seems like I remember you doing this prior to the 2017 season when I said Georgia was going to be real good and everybody was hating on Kirby Smart
2010 Miss State?
How about 2014 Miss State?

Point is that unless you are coached by JoVester Mulehead- teams that return 17 or more starters almost always have a better record the next season. And usually increase their record by multiple games.

Coach34
12-20-2019, 09:07 PM
Cole is absolutely the player Abrams is. One is a big hitter the other is a play maker

The last time Bulldawg28 guaranteed 8 wins was 2016. We saw how that turned out. He gets all hopped up on kool-aid and cant help himself

Todd4State
12-20-2019, 09:31 PM

I don't consider winning 7 games falling off the map. And I 'm not saying that they won't be better. I'm saying that they're someone we should be able to beat regardless. And if we don't it's 100% on Joe.

Coach34
12-20-2019, 09:36 PM
I don't consider winning 7 games falling off the map. And I 'm not saying that they won't be better. I'm saying that they're someone we should be able to beat regardless. And if we don't it's 100% on Joe.

Take the name off the jerseys:

6-6 team returns 11 starters and loses 26 Seniors
4-8 team returns 19 starters

Game is played at the 4-8 teams stadium

Game looks like a complete toss-up to me. Wont be surprised when NC State is favored due to home field

HoopsDawg
12-20-2019, 09:40 PM

Game looks like a complete toss-up to me. Wont be surprised when NC State is favored due to home field

Dave Doeren is pretty good coach too so you have a point.

Homedawg
12-20-2019, 09:46 PM

Mark this thread!

Is that you 007??

DeputyDawg94
12-20-2019, 09:54 PM
If you look at just the schedule I agree that we should win 8, but with our obvious coaching disadvantage that number drops by at least 2. Until Joe proves he can adapt I will not get my hopes up. I sincerely hope he proves me wrong and he takes several steps forward because like most of y’all I remember the pre JWS years and don’t want to go back to that level of suckage even if I don’t like the coach.

PMDawg
12-20-2019, 09:56 PM

Mark this thread!

I predict 5 wins.

Coach34
12-20-2019, 10:10 PM
If you look at just the schedule I agree that we should win 8.

This what I dont understand- why SHOULD we win 8?

NC State returns 19 starters and the game is at their place. They have 22 wins the last 3 years and we have 23.
Kentucky has won the last 2 times we played at their place and return more starters than we do- plus had a higher rated recruiting class according to 247.
A&M hammered us and returns 17-18 starters- will likely be preseason top 15 in the country
Auburn returns as many starters as we do and just had a top 7 in the country recruiting class.
Mizzou returns a bunch of starters including 10 on defense
We're not going to beat Bama or LSU on the road

why SHOULD we win 8? Because we are likely the underdog vs NC State, A&M, Kentucky, and Auburn

fishwater99
12-20-2019, 10:50 PM
Wanna bet? 6-7 is my guess..

Cooterpoot
12-20-2019, 10:58 PM
Christmas meth is the best!

Jack Lambert
12-20-2019, 11:01 PM

Do you want the same guys who only won 4 ball games?

Quaoarsking
12-20-2019, 11:53 PM

Add in that the 6-6 team is SEC and the 4-8 team is ACC and almost everyone picks the 6-6 SEC team. Of course that's without mentioning who's coaching said SEC team.

Quaoarsking
12-20-2019, 11:54 PM
Haha- seems like I remember you doing this prior to the 2017 season when I said Georgia was going to be real good and everybody was hating on Kirby Smart
2010 Miss State?
How about 2014 Miss State?

Point is that unless you are coached by JoVester Mulehead- teams that return 17 or more starters almost always have a better record the next season. And usually increase their record by multiple games.

So you're not going to do it?

ckDOG
12-21-2019, 12:05 AM
Our schedule sets up for 8 wins (easiest we could ever hope for in our conference and division). Our coaching staff sets up for 6.

Here’s to JoMo making me look dumb.

Todd4State
12-21-2019, 12:58 AM

That's the thing- the names on the jersey do matter. It doesn't really matter to me who is favored or not because I don't gamble. To me, its our guys should be better than their guys and we should win this game. And if we don't it's on Moorhead again.

Do you want the same guys who only won 4 ball games?

I mean I'm sure they'll improve some- I said as much and I agree with Coach there. I just don't think that they will improve enough to be at the point where they should beat us. As long as our coach is competent. NC State is Joe's first test next year. And to me it's an absolute must win.

bulldawg28
12-21-2019, 04:29 AM

Cole is a playmaker when healthy I stick to that. However, he hasn't been in the Abrams sphere this year. Never being 100% also contributed to his potential limitations. He's no scrub and NFL teams see it. His invite to the senior bowl proves that.

bulldawg28
12-21-2019, 04:35 AM
The last time Bulldawg28 guaranteed 8 wins was 2016. We saw how that turned out. He gets all hopped up on kool-aid and cant help himself

I've made before predictions and I'd say I'm at least 75% to the good. I don't make them often. The cupboard is bare with no koolaid to drink with this prediction. We're losing guys that we need to for the betterment of the team cohesiveness. This will be a tight team that will come together and play imo.

bulldawg28
12-21-2019, 04:39 AM

Cowbell
12-21-2019, 06:06 AM
I've made before predictions and I'd say I'm at least 75% to the good. I don't make them often. The cupboard is bare with no koolaid to drink with this prediction. We're losing guys that we need to for the betterment of the team cohesiveness. This will be a tight team that will come together and play imo.

They still have to be coached up and put in a position to win. And I wouldn't bet a nickel on that happening.

Walkerhill
12-21-2019, 08:43 AM

Splitting the difference, I think 8 is possible but I am not counting on beating Auburn or A&M.

I think Mizzou, Arkansas, Kentucky, and Oe Miss are winnable games. Plus the 4 non-conference games are winnable.

But road wins at NC State, Kentucky, and at Ole Miss are not givens on our road form. While they have improving young players, those teams won a combined 6 conference games this year so they are not world beaters either. Winning 8 will probably not require a top 25 win or even close.

If we miss 8 that is another underperforming year in my mind.

Walkerhill
12-21-2019, 08:57 AM

I have that game as a toss up/leans State/should win with competent coaching but ...

I am not arguing too much because a P5 road win is simply not a given for us against anyone at this point.

But I would take the non-conference out to do your comparison. So it is:
3-5 in the SEC with 11 returning starters, S&P of 5.1
1-7 in the ACC with 19 returning starters, S&P of -5.3

Just saying NC State has a longer road to reach even our poor 2019 form than you are letting on.

gravedigger
12-21-2019, 09:13 AM

Mark this thread!

We may. We may not. Fans need to get that the game is a fickle lady. We do need to be better emotionally and organizationally. I decided to unplug myself from giving too much of a damn about win totals and recruiting rankings. I care about team unity, discipline and a forward thinking vision. We lacked in 2 of those this year and paid dearly for it. I do believe that had mostly to do with coaches, but also to do with players lacking integrity and pride independent of their coaches.

If I'm going to book anything, it's that Joe will eventually succeed here to a higher level than Sherrill or Mullen. Fans may not appreciate it until he's gone. But it will happen.

gravedigger
12-21-2019, 09:14 AM

steve martin, wild and crazy guy.

good to see you are an older fella. And that was perhaps the greatest comedy album of all time.

gravedigger
12-21-2019, 09:17 AM

That's fair. I hope you are wrong by a game or two, but it's fair.

Quaoarsking
12-21-2019, 09:19 AM
I think we all know that outside of Clemson, the SEC is MUCH better than the ACC.

I mean, we all think that we are about to blow out a team that went 5-3 in the ACC, even with Moorhead.

I wouldn't shock me at all if we lost to NC State with JoMo, but generally speaking a 3-5 SEC team should be expected go on the road and beat a 1-7 ACC team the next year.

gravedigger
12-21-2019, 09:22 AM

in that regard, they are similar to us. And I agree. young teams that dont perform well tend to eventually gel if the coaching staff stays together. NC State is similar to us without he rigorous conference division to muddle through. They do have a powerhouse just down the road.

You are right to respect the idea that the wolfpack wont just be a poor team because they arent in the top 20 currently.

msstate7
12-21-2019, 09:23 AM
I think we all know that outside of Clemson, the SEC is MUCH better than the ACC.

I mean, we all think that we are about to blow out a team that went 5-3 in the ACC, even with Moorhead.

I wouldn't shock me at all if we lost to NC State with JoMo, but generally speaking a 3-5 SEC team should be expected go on the road and beat a 1-7 ACC team the next year.

Don't underestimate the negative effect of joe... we were 4-4 sec team last year and lost to a 3-5 big 12 team (2018) at home this year. I can certainly see us losing on the road

gravedigger
12-21-2019, 09:40 AM
Don't underestimate the negative effect of joe... we were 4-4 sec team last year and lost to a 3-5 big 12 team (2018) at home this year. I can certainly see us losing on the road

It's certainly justified to be wary of a coaches negatives......as long as you arent completely discounting his potential to lead the team to rise above expectations. Joe isnt all good or all bad. Which perplexes fans. One of the things I think will determine his success next year is finding a way to get Jaylen Mayden to stay and get him involved in the offense like Tommy was a compliment to McSorley at Penn State.

Also, we have got to solve the downfield threat issue. Guidry didnt handle it well. Mitchell needs work. If we cannot stretch defenses, we cannot be effective in the run game.

We also cannot afford to start at our own 10-15 yard line on every kickoff.

Churchill
12-21-2019, 09:42 AM
So you're saying Mullen would win 10 ?

bulldawg28
12-21-2019, 09:49 AM
So you're saying Mullen would win 10 ?

We'd beat A&M and Auburn with Mullen coaching the team

gravedigger
12-21-2019, 09:55 AM
We'd beat A&M and Auburn with Mullen coaching the team

Alabama may not beat them both next year. You have no justification for this confidence. It is no more reliable than the woe is me fans that say we will struggle to win more than 4 or 5.

book this: fans say book it to lend themselves credibility they dont already posses. It carries as much weight as the style of our uniforms determining the outcome of a game.

bulldawg28
12-21-2019, 10:40 AM
Alabama may not beat them both next year. You have no justification for this confidence. It is no more reliable than the woe is me fans that say we will struggle to win more than 4 or 5.

book this: fans say book it to lend themselves credibility they dont already posses. It carries as much weight as the style of our uniforms determining the outcome of a game.

If Alabama doesn't beat Auburn and A&M next year Saban should be fired.

Coach34
12-21-2019, 10:54 AM
If Alabama doesn't beat Auburn and A&M next year Saban should be fired.

Bama gets both at home

A&M has a very favorable schedule. SEC road games are State, Auburn, SC, and Bama. A&M should be a 10 win team in 2020

Jarius
12-21-2019, 12:36 PM
Couple of things. All it will take for us to win 8 games is to beat the people we should. That means we are going 6-6. A&M is not a good football team and will not be a good football team next year. Jimbo is the most overrated coach in college football. They will still beat us but that will not mean they are good. Ole Miss will beat us to go 6-6 next year. It will be just like Freeze's first year.

HancockCountyDog
12-21-2019, 12:44 PM
I certainly hope you are right.

DawgPoundtheRock
12-21-2019, 01:01 PM
Following the Egg Bowl and at the height of the fire Joe mania, I looked at our 2020 schedule and thought, "Holy sheet. We may only win 4 games next year; three OOC games and Arkansas." I have since softened that stance, but not by much. Virtually no one believes that we will beat Alabama or LSU. I don't think we can beat A&M or Auburn. That puts us at 4-4. Of the 4 swing games, 3 are on the road. Given our track record with road games (lack of preparation, apathy) We may only win one of those putting us at 5-7.

If Joe can get us to 8 wins, he may be the second coming of Bear Bryant. One can always hope.

Randolph Dupree
12-21-2019, 01:20 PM
I hope we find 8 wins but if I was putting money on it I'd go less than five wins. On paper right now there are six winnable games. Joe normally loses 1-2 games he shouldn't AND we won't have an experienced running back. Next year will be rough.

Lord McBuckethead
12-21-2019, 04:02 PM
I don't respect Mond. Dude just wasn't good.

RougeDawg
12-21-2019, 06:37 PM
8 wins was a gimme this year. 10 was a a lock in 2018. Based on the trend, 8 in 2020 is impossible unless we miraculously obtain 3 first round draft picks on defense and a plethora of other nfl talent.

Rex54
12-22-2019, 06:05 AM

Mississippi State hasn?t progressed since SloJo was hired.

5-7

Dawgfan77
12-22-2019, 08:48 AM
Napier vs Kiffin has a better ring to it than Kiffin vs Moorehead

R2Dawg
12-22-2019, 09:36 AM
Without knowing what Joe does we could win anywhere from 4-8 next year. Joe adjusts we could win 7-8, if he don't we could only win 4. Bowl game may be the first clue to that although beating UL by 3 TDs may not tell a lot.

bulldawg28
12-22-2019, 11:06 AM
Napier vs Kiffin has a better ring to it than Kiffin vs Moorehead

It's going to be hard to pull off with 8 wins for Joe.

Dawgology
12-23-2019, 10:41 AM
We are 5-7 next year and looking for a new coach. Book it.

bulldawg28
12-23-2019, 01:36 PM
We are 5-7 next year and looking for a new coach. Book it.

Gotcha

PGHBulldogBG
12-23-2019, 03:54 PM
We will most likely be 5-6 again going into the egg bowl. If we win it might be the same situation as this year.

Jarius
12-23-2019, 04:35 PM
Following the Egg Bowl and at the height of the fire Joe mania, I looked at our 2020 schedule and thought, "Holy sheet. We may only win 4 games next year; three OOC games and Arkansas." I have since softened that stance, but not by much. Virtually no one believes that we will beat Alabama or LSU. I don't think we can beat A&M or Auburn. That puts us at 4-4. Of the 4 swing games, 3 are on the road. Given our track record with road games (lack of preparation, apathy) We may only win one of those putting us at 5-7.

If Joe can get us to 8 wins, he may be the second coming of Bear Bryant. One can always hope.

Wait what? If he gets us to 8 wins with next year's schedule he is an average coach. That schedule screams 8 wins. We have 4 horrible non conference opponents, Ole Miss, Missouri, Kentucky, and arkansas. An average coach would win 8 games. It certainly would not take bear Bryant to win 8. Then we get Auburn and A&M at home. Auburn will go 7-5 again and Gus will be on the hot seat again. A good coach would win 10. We have a bad coach so we will win 5 or 6.

Rex54
12-23-2019, 11:10 PM
You people thinking 8-4 are smoking crack. Everyone knows Billy Napier should be the HC, but we’re stuck with the same offensively inept Yankee fraud. He’s not going to change, nothing is going to change. We’re going to lose the MCB, be 5-6 going to oxford and Lane Kiffin is going to embarrass us.

gravedigger
12-23-2019, 11:19 PM
You people thinking 8-4 are smoking crack. Everyone knows Billy Napier should be the HC, but we’re stuck with the same offensively inept Yankee fraud. He’s not going to change, nothing is going to change. We’re going to lose the MCB, be 5-6 going to oxford and Lane Kiffin is going to embarrass us.

Yea, you are a troll.

But the good news is that it's nearly impossible to differentiate you from the other minions. Hidden in plain sight.

Cowbell
12-23-2019, 11:26 PM
Yea, you are a troll.

But the good news is that it's nearly impossible to differentiate you from the other minions. Hidden in plain sight.

Give one reason why he's not right

gravedigger
12-23-2019, 11:35 PM
Give one reason why he's not right

Where is Napier coaching right now? How many positions were filled he didn't get offered.

msugolf
12-24-2019, 06:31 AM
Yea, you are a troll.

What have you seen from Joe that gives you this confidence? This is the shocking part to me. People willing to put their faith in a guy when there's sooo much negative around them.