PDA

View Full Version : Nashville

fader2103
12-20-2019, 10:02 AM
Ok, so I have never been to the city and don't know what restaurants or sight seeing adventures I need to do. Give me some suggestions. Will be there Sunday thru Tuesday afternoon.

timotheus
12-20-2019, 10:10 AM
wild horse saloon

DogsofAnarchy
12-20-2019, 10:16 AM
Just go down town. You can’t miss.

timotheus
12-20-2019, 10:20 AM
The Stockyard Restaurant

BigDawgB
12-20-2019, 10:26 AM
Kane Prime

Dawgpile
12-20-2019, 10:40 AM
Just go down town. You can?t miss.

This is fairly accurate. The Country Music Hall of Fame and The Frist are downtown for museum stuff. Martin's BBQ has the best dry ribs I've ever had, and The Southern is a fantastic restaurant.

And, there's tons of honky-tonk's downtown. Acme is my new favorite.

Tbonewannabe
12-20-2019, 11:08 AM
Pancake Pantry for breakfast is good but usually a long line. Maybe during the week it wouldn't be too bad. Basically go to Broadway and there is about everything you would be interested in within walking distance.

DawgPoundtheRock
12-20-2019, 11:22 AM
Broadway & 2nd Avenue for entertainment

Husk for fine dining

Dawgbite
12-20-2019, 11:42 AM
Just go to Broadway and start at the top of the hill and drink your way toward the river. You need to be a professional. Its Beale Street and Bourbon Street but completely safe unless you walk out in front of a car or something.

ejdallas322
12-20-2019, 12:10 PM
You can either go to downtown on Broadway, go to a place with Nashville Hot chicken (preferably Hattie B’s), any BBQ place, or Loveless Cafe. And sight seeing you got the Hermitage, Belle Meade Plantation, Parthenon, Grand Ole Opry, etc

fieldcorporal
12-20-2019, 12:35 PM
The Opry is at the Ryman for Dec/Jan. We found it worth it - if you can dodge the hick hop. We went there to see Alison Krauss...

TStationDawg
12-20-2019, 12:36 PM
So much fail and humor, I know intended humor, in this thread. #1. Wildhorse Saloon- this was too funny- There is also Hard Rock, BB King, Spaghetti Factory, Hooters and Margaritaville if that's your thing #2. Stockyard is closed #3. Its Kayne Prime- and its fabulous. #3. Best hot chicken is Party Fowl in the Gulch. But if you have chance, Hatties B's aint bad. #4 BBQ- Peg Leg Porker in the Gulch is awesome, Martin's dowtown and there is a new Central BBQ in Capitol View area- I haven't been yet. #4 Jimmy Kelly's is the oldest southern style steakhouse in Nashville on West End near Vandy. Cool vibe. Great corn cakes #5 For fun- Broadway- all and any of it! #6, The Stillerly has great drinks and foods on Second Ave or MidTown. Can't really go wrong either way. #5 The Southern near the Omni is a cool place. TONS of great places to eat. TONS of great-to-ok live music. Have fun!

fieldcorporal
12-20-2019, 12:37 PM
We also really enjoyed the Hermitage, but we went in the summer when everything was blooming.

Took most of a day to walk all over it, and you have to wait in a line for guided tours of the main house.

ZedFedder
12-20-2019, 01:16 PM
Spent a weekend in Nashville recently. Really cool place. We went to the County Music Hall if Fame, Ryman Auditorium, Gaylord Hotel, and just downtown in general and had a lot of fun.

Food wise I would recommend Martin’s BBQ, Bakersfield (tacos), And The Loveless Cafe right outside of Nashville.

Dawgpile
12-20-2019, 02:51 PM
BTW, stay off of I-440 if you can. It's currently under construction and quite nearly hell on earth.

Jack Lambert
12-20-2019, 03:35 PM
Just go down town. You can’t miss.

This will be my first time in a while. I decided to stay downtown so finding somewhere to eat and something to do should not be hard. I think location is going to make our attendance higher then it would have been anywhere else except maybe Memphis.