PDA

View Full Version : I just watched the end of the Egg Bowl again....

Liverpooldawg
12-19-2019, 10:47 PM
There has never been a more appropriate ending to one. Ole Miss was Old Miss. That ending was everything that Ole Miss is and what Ole Miss stands for. It represents their entire fanbase and their University. I am not exaggerating. The entire world got to see what they are, What is even better, they all know it. They have been incredibly silent snce then, stunning given that it is them.

Mobile Bay
12-19-2019, 11:28 PM
Why would you piss away your time like that?

Todd4State
12-20-2019, 12:33 AM
In English or Russian?**

Yeah- it was beautiful. My range of emotions/thoughts during the Egg Bowl in the stands:

First quarter up until we were up 14-0: "Man, we came to play tonight! We're out hitting them and out hustling them. We get one more score and we may beat them like last year."

Second quarter, halftime and up until we were tied 14-14: "Uh. Moorhead. Three passes in a row and we drop the punt and let them back in it. Stuff like that is why our fans want him gone."

Third quarter and when we got the lead 21-14: "Yeah! We're still playing our asses off! Deddrick with a huge catch on 4th down! We get the TD! We're stuffing Plumlee despite losing momentum for a little bit in the first half. Our defense will probably hold them and Joe is just going to run the clock with Kylin and Shrader. We GOT this."

Fourth quarter: "Oh wow. They put Corral in. I actually feel better with him in than Plumlee. Yeah. Corral drove them down- but there ya go. INT. We missed Gay and Murphy so much this year. Need a score to put the nail in the coffin. Defense probably holds them either way."

The memorable part of the game: "OMG. I CAN NOT believe we let them get off a freaking Hail Mary on fourth and forever. We're lucky that they didn't get a TD there. We still got this though. This has become a really good game! What a ticky tack pass interference and at this point in the game? You gotta be kidding me! We might be going to OT unless they try a 2 point conversion. Hope this isn't 1997 all over again.

The Piss and Miss: Great. 4 seconds left and they get the TD. Let's see if they go for 2. And look that SOB is doing his Metcalf impersonation. That's why the rivalry is toxic. At least they threw a flag on it this time. Hmmmm.....I remember the announcers during Ole Miss/LSU saying that Ole Miss has issues at kicker. HEY JOE! TAKE THE PENALTY ON THE EXTRA POINT! If nothing else at least we eliminated two point try and have forced OT at worst. And that's not a chip shot. And now one of their players is talking to the kicker. Probably not a great move. Kicker tells him "I got this". Yeah. We'll see.

HE MISSED IT! LOL! GTHOM! WHAT A GAME! HOW DOES KARMA TASTE? THAT HAS TO BE ONE OF THE BEST EGG BOWL WINS OF ALL TIME FOR US! ELIJAH MOORE- WHAT AN ASS! LOL!

Mobile Bay
12-20-2019, 01:56 AM
In English or Russian?**

Yeah- it was beautiful. My range of emotions/thoughts during the Egg Bowl in the stands:

First quarter up until we were up 14-0: "Man, we came to play tonight! We're out hitting them and out hustling them. We get one more score and we may beat them like last year."

Second quarter, halftime and up until we were tied 14-14: "Uh. Moorhead. Three passes in a row and we drop the punt and let them back in it. Stuff like that is why our fans want him gone."

Third quarter and when we got the lead 21-14: "Yeah! We're still playing our asses off! Deddrick with a huge catch on 4th down! We get the TD! We're stuffing Plumlee despite losing momentum for a little bit in the first half. Our defense will probably hold them and Joe is just going to run the clock with Kylin and Shrader. We GOT this."

Fourth quarter: "Oh wow. They put Corral in. I actually feel better with him in than Plumlee. Yeah. Corral drove them down- but there ya go. INT. We missed Gay and Murphy so much this year. Need a score to put the nail in the coffin. Defense probably holds them either way."

The memorable part of the game: "OMG. I CAN NOT believe we let them get off a freaking Hail Mary on fourth and forever. We're lucky that they didn't get a TD there. We still got this though. This has become a really good game! What a ticky tack pass interference and at this point in the game? You gotta be kidding me! We might be going to OT unless they try a 2 point conversion. Hope this isn't 1997 all over again.

The Piss and Miss: Great. 4 seconds left and they get the TD. Let's see if they go for 2. And look that SOB is doing his Metcalf impersonation. That's why the rivalry is toxic. At least they threw a flag on it this time. Hmmmm.....I remember the announcers during Ole Miss/LSU saying that Ole Miss has issues at kicker. HEY JOE! TAKE THE PENALTY ON THE EXTRA POINT! If nothing else at least we eliminated two point try and have forced OT at worst. And that's not a chip shot. And now one of their players is talking to the kicker. Probably not a great move. Kicker tells him "I got this". Yeah. We'll see.

HE MISSED IT! LOL! GTHOM! WHAT A GAME! HOW DOES KARMA TASTE? THAT HAS TO BE ONE OF THE BEST EGG BOWL WINS OF ALL TIME FOR US! ELIJAH MOORE- WHAT AN ASS! LOL!

I don't disagree with anything you said. But I still rank this third that I have seen. My top will always be 1999. I helped tear down the south goal post and I still have 18 inches of the left upright from that night. I also rank above this the night Bo Wallace fumbled the Egg into our endzone and Derick Pegues tea bagged him as #wallacing became a thing for a moment.

Todd4State
12-20-2019, 02:06 AM
I don't disagree with anything you said. But I still rank this third that I have seen. My top will always be 1999. I helped tear down the south goal post and I still have 18 inches of the left upright from that night. I also rank above this the night Bo Wallace fumbled the Egg into our endzone and Derick Pegues tea bagged him as #wallacing became a thing for a moment.

Agree. 1999 is number one for me. 1998 is two for me just because we won the SEC West in Oxford and I was there. Pretty big moment for MSU despite it not having the excitement of 2019, 2013, or 2007. I think the Piss and Miss is number three for me with 2013 being a close four. I may switch it depending on the Music City Bowl and how Garrett Shrader's career plays out because Dak becoming Dak in the 2013 Egg Bowl is a big part of how that Egg Bowl played out. 1980 is my number five because of the historical significance. That was the highest attended football game in Mississippi ever and I believe that still stands to this day. It also capped off what was the greatest run in MSU football history- beating Miami, Auburn, Alabama, LSU, and Ole Miss all in a row. 2007 is easily top 10. 1991 was significant because I think that was the Egg Bowl that changed things for us. Lots of other good memories- 1993 the flea flicker from Todd Jordan to Eric Moulds is my personal favorite MSU play of all time, 1994 in the fog, 2001 Fant beats Eli, the brawl last year where Abrams bitch slapped AJ Brown as well as probably the cleanest we've played an Egg Bowl in awhile are all good memories even if they're not top 10.

fader2103
12-20-2019, 08:27 AM
1999 was the best by far

OLJWales
12-20-2019, 08:38 AM
I'm still wondering how we contained Plumlee's rushing yards. Would not have bet on that.

Jack Lambert
12-20-2019, 08:50 AM
I'm still wondering how we contained Plumlee's rushing yards. Would not have bet on that.

Great game plan and having 8 guys who were hungry to play. Autry and Gay makes the front seven better.

MSUDAWGFAN
12-20-2019, 08:56 AM

Think that was Nickoe Whitley, not Pegues.

MSUDAWGFAN
12-20-2019, 08:58 AM
1980 is my number five because of the historical significance. That was the highest attended football game in Mississippi ever and I believe that still stands to this day.

Pretty sure when we beat Auburn in 2014 is now the highest ever attendance. Could be wrong, but I remember hearing that.

Tbonewannabe
12-20-2019, 09:04 AM
Think that was Nickoe Whitley, not Pegues.

Yes, it was Nickoe

smootness
12-20-2019, 09:05 AM
In English or Russian?**

Ok

Lord McBuckethead
12-20-2019, 09:18 AM

Nickoe teabagged him. AS your number 2 egg bowl, you would think you would get the biggest play of the game correct.

KOdawg1
12-20-2019, 09:58 AM
I love Nickoe Whitley

DownwardDawg
12-20-2019, 11:40 AM
I love Nickoe Whitley

Me too!!! One of my all time favorites. Loved when he pissed between the hedges on tv in Georgia!!!!

Maroonthirteen
12-20-2019, 12:18 PM
I mean.... it was a dramatic finish..... but not a great game. We give up a 4th and 24. They piss and miss.

Many many many many other Egg Bowls I would rank ahead of this one as memorable

NCDawg
12-20-2019, 01:34 PM
In English or Russian?**

Yeah we won, but some State fans may consider this a pyrrhic victory because of events that occured after the game.

Todd4State
12-20-2019, 05:40 PM
Yeah we won, but some State fans may consider this a pyrrhic victory because of events that occured after the game.

We'll see what happens. Keeping the recruiting class together was a good first step. Next step is winning the bowl game. If he can turn it around- awesome. If he can't we'll get someone else.

Regardless one way or the other this Egg Bowl was pretty memorable.

OLJWales
12-20-2019, 09:02 PM
I love Nickoe Whitley

So does an Ex UPISS QB who wears skinny jeans.