PDA

View Full Version : So ole Parrish still toting that water.......

Liverpooldawg
12-19-2019, 10:12 PM
Given who it is writing this......Ole Hugh may not be done up the road yet. Kiffen's lease may be mighty short.

https://www.djournal.com/sports/freeze-building-a-new-football-dream-at-liberty/article_44d46f41-fc64-569a-8fc1-6a6d1658881b.html

Hambone
12-19-2019, 10:49 PM
Never realized how much that sumbitch looks like sling blade.....

BeardoMSU
12-19-2019, 11:08 PM
Building a dream, lol? Yep....the kind of dream that ends with the head coach found hanging in a closet wearing women's lingerie..

timotheus
12-20-2019, 07:33 AM
It is ridiculous that this was a front page article also. WTF

Coursesuper
12-20-2019, 07:49 AM
And this surprises anyone.

Ari Gold
12-20-2019, 08:41 AM
And Barrett Sallee got emotional and wept.

somebodyshotmypaw
12-21-2019, 09:21 AM
After reading the article, I see that Freeze is still lying.

Commercecomet24
12-21-2019, 03:32 PM
Freeze is a habitual liar and cheater. He wouldn't know the truth if it bit him on the butt. He's a narcissistic sociopath.

BeardoMSU
12-21-2019, 04:08 PM
Freeze is a habitual liar and cheater. He wouldn't know the truth if it bit him on the butt. He's a narcissistic sociopath.

https://media0.giphy.com/media/IY3NbXI3wiME0/giphy.gif

Lol, yep, and he's now at the perfect school. Peas in a pod.

MaroonFlounder
12-21-2019, 04:10 PM
After reading the article, I see that Freeze is still lying.

He still says the call was an "accident". A "misdial".

Rosebowl found one questionable number, but the university issued a statement a few days later that there was, as they put it, "a disturbing pattern" on his phone log.

That was no "accident".

BeastMan
12-21-2019, 04:20 PM
Freeze is an awful human but Parrish is a good guy and I know why he wrote that piece. Believe it or not, there are still a lot of OM fans that love Freeze and want to continue to follow his career. There are even a handful of terribly misguided State fans that follow Freeze and bring him up as wanting him to coach in Starkville. That story got a lot of clicks and reads so mission accomplished by Parrish

Todd4State
12-21-2019, 04:43 PM

I'm watching the Cure Bowl where Liberty is playing. I guess because I like watching train wrecks.

Anyway- they talked about Freeze coaching in the hospital bed and to your point he basically told the announcers that he was basically useless to the offense when he was out. Which just so happens to coincide with the time that their offense struggled. Basically made it sound like he is an offensive guru.

Todd4State
12-21-2019, 04:46 PM
Freeze is an awful human but Parrish is a good guy and I know why he wrote that piece. Believe it or not, there are still a lot of OM fans that love Freeze and want to continue to follow his career. There are even a handful of terribly misguided State fans that follow Freeze and bring him up as wanting him to coach in Starkville. That story got a lot of clicks and reads so mission accomplished by Parrish

I can understand Ole Miss fans loving him. MSU fans- no. I think a lot of MSU fans don't understand how poorly Dan recruited and how that hurt us against Ole Miss and also how much Dan looking around affected us in the Egg Bowl against Freeze. When Dan was coaching for his job we hung 55 on them and blew them out in Oxford.

And my gosh- look at how he left Ole Miss. Absolute complete mess. I wouldn't trade a Sugar Bowl appearance for their last four years personally. Nor would any other MSU fan with a brain.

Bothrops
12-21-2019, 05:30 PM
I can understand Ole Miss fans loving him. MSU fans- no. I think a lot of MSU fans don't understand how poorly Dan recruited and how that hurt us against Ole Miss and also how much Dan looking around affected us in the Egg Bowl against Freeze. When Dan was coaching for his job we hung 55 on them and blew them out in Oxford.

And my gosh- look at how he left Ole Miss. Absolute complete mess. I wouldn't trade a Sugar Bowl appearance for their last four years personally. Nor would any other MSU fan with a brain.

No doubt, Dan's conflicting interests were a problem on the recruiting trail, but I can't blame him for in-state misses during Freeze's stint in Oxford.

Liverpooldawg
12-21-2019, 07:15 PM

He may be a good guy but he totes water for the Ole Miss interest.

Coursesuper
12-21-2019, 07:20 PM

So would you if it were your school.

BeastMan
12-21-2019, 09:27 PM

This isn’t an OM story. If anything he’s toting Liberty water

Ari Gold
12-22-2019, 08:56 AM
I just read the article .. in no way or form was that anything but a puff piece for Hugh.. .. it almost like freeze wrote it himself and sent it to Parrish..
Here are some facts left out ..

Everyone does know that this is Year 2 of Liberty in D1
They went 6-6 last year under a Turner Gill and would have been been bowl eligible if not for the rule that a school has to wait one year after making the jump to D1.
And it was basically the same schedule in 2018 that Freeze had this year. So 6-6 to 7-5 with A veteran team. A WR that will be drafted and a Sr QB..
So while yeah this is a huge deal that Liberty played in and won their first bowl game., props to Turner Gill on the building the program from FCS and getting it ready for D1 ..
There’s your real story...
Freeze was just along for the ride this year .. and in true CHF fashion made it all about him..