PDA

View Full Version : Ive heard eulogies that were more motivating....

Leroy Jenkins
12-18-2019, 05:22 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=542-JomnNio

Zero energy in that room. The disappointment is palatable.

ShotgunDawg
12-18-2019, 05:25 PM
He looks like a fake human. It's like they hired an actor with a history of face lifts.

I think people had Kiffin pegged wrong. I think most OM fans thought they were getting an extroverted, trouble making coach that was just muted by Saban, but in reality, Kiffin is an introvert that really struggled with the media at USC & struggles to relate to people.

His twitter account is not who he is. I think people didn't realize that.

They think they bought a party animal but they really bought a hermit that likely won't get along with their boosters

Dawgology
12-18-2019, 05:32 PM
This appears to be a trainwreck....wow

chef dixon
12-18-2019, 05:34 PM
What a difference ANOTHER week makes

Turfdawg67
12-18-2019, 05:35 PM

God, I hope this was a money-grabbing disaster for OM. Of course I commented on a video of JoMo earlier in the year in which I stated "Man, I hope this guy succeeds". So... my hit rate has been shotty at best.

Leroy Jenkins
12-18-2019, 05:35 PM
He kept saying "this is halftime" (of the recruiting process). If that is what he really believes he is waaaay behind. Although I think he said it in an attempt to get out ahead of the panic. I bet that,"I had the #1 recruiting class at USC" line is what got him the job.

ShotgunDawg
12-18-2019, 05:37 PM
Twitter was great for Kiffin because it allowed him to build a brand without talking to people

In reality, he's got a really weird, awkward, aloof personality

timotheus
12-18-2019, 05:45 PM
shotgun has it figured out

Turfdawg67
12-18-2019, 05:46 PM
God, I hope this was a money-grabbing disaster for OM. Of course I commented on a video of JoMo earlier in the year in which I stated "Man, I hope this guy succeeds". So... my hit rate has been shotty at best.

...with that said, what a perfect match for that school! Warped perception, sketchy accomplishments, pretty boy that's not so pretty anymore, arrogant without reason and privileged douchebag.

ETA... not to say he won't succeed. Hell, if he doesn't with the backing of the Network and his callousness in recruiting, it'll be shocking.

MagicDawg
12-18-2019, 05:47 PM
His body language is so constrained. He looks down constantly and seems to be afraid of his own voice. Maybe that's just the sound system not being integrated with the video? He also shifts back and forth constantly while he's speaking, which is usually the sign of an unprepared, unconfident, or uncomfortable public speaker.

Then again, it is OM. It could be a hangover.

Leroy Jenkins
12-18-2019, 05:51 PM
His body language is so constrained. He looks down constantly and seems to be afraid of his own voice. Maybe that's just the sound system not being integrated with the video? He also shifts back and forth constantly while he's speaking, which is usually the sign of an unprepared, unconfident, or uncomfortable public speaker.

Hes definitely unprepared. For example when they asked him about numbers and what positions he is going to target he says "well...... we are going to get some linemen (insert generalities and platitudes) and special players". OK, buddy. In other words, no clue.

MetEdDawg
12-18-2019, 05:57 PM
Twitter was great for Kiffin because it allowed him to build a brand without talking to people

If Moorhead can figure out the coaching side it's game over in this state. Moorhead appears approachable, relatable, and down to earth with kids. Kiffin can't compete against that. Money can, but Kiffin can't.

I predict a train wreck of epic proportions with this. OM is going to have to spend so much money trying to cover for this idiot they will end up getting destroyed by the NCAA.

I will say this about Moorhead. 1 week in I guarantee he knew just about everything related to the recruiting of our program. Kiffin just out there throwing bombs on his own program. Admitting he didn't know anyone. Sounded like he didn't want to be there. Talking about it being halftime.

If I'm OM I'm scrambling the money jets now because Kiffin looks DOA. That was an awful press conference.

MedDawg
12-18-2019, 06:01 PM
Kiffin signed zero 4-star recruits in his three years at FAU and his first December signing day at OM.

Turfdawg67
12-18-2019, 06:04 PM
If Moorhead can figure out the coaching side it's game over in this state. Moorhead appears approachable, relatable, and down to earth with kids. Kiffin can't compete against that. Money can, but Kiffin can't.

I predict a train wreck of epic proportions with this. OM is going to have to spend so much money trying to cover for this idiot they will end up getting destroyed by the NCAA.

I will say this about Moorhead. 1 week in I guarantee he knew just about everything related to the recruiting of our program. Kiffin just out there throwing bombs on his own program. Admitting he didn't know anyone. Sounded like he didn't want to be there. Talking about it being halftime.

If I'm OM I'm scrambling the money jets now because Kiffin looks DOA. That was an awful press conference.

Like I said above... a money-grab is what it looks like. Disinterested, aloof and content.

KB21
12-18-2019, 06:09 PM
This is a guy who, if his dad wasn’t Monte Kiffin, would definitely not be getting the opportunities he has gotten to this point. He might not even be coaching at all.

msstate7
12-18-2019, 06:18 PM
Kiffin signed zero 4-star recruits in his three years at FAU and his first December signing day at OM.

Fau has never signed a 4-star.

msstate7
12-18-2019, 06:27 PM
Just remember that freeze's first class was 48th, and his 2nd was 4th. OM will go back to the old tactics soon. They can't help themselves

dawgday166
12-18-2019, 06:28 PM
On the flip side ... Joe's presser he was ultra positive and pointed out he's only the 2nd coach other than Jackie to go to bowl games his 1st 2 years. I'm super pumped ***

DeputyDawg94
12-18-2019, 06:36 PM
On the flip side ... Joe's presser he was ultra positive and pointed out he's only the 2nd coach other than Jackie to go to bowl games his 1st 2 years. I'm super pumped ***

He’d make a better MSU history professor than a football coach. He reminds us how bad our past is regularly. Maybe in the off season he can concentrate on the future of OUR program. I’m still kicking rocks tho.

dawgday166
12-18-2019, 06:51 PM
He?d make a better MSU history professor than a football coach. He reminds us how bad our past is regularly. Maybe in the off season he can concentrate on the future of OUR program. I?m still kicking rocks tho.

That would be a better career choice for him. Joe reiterated over and over how much improvement has taken place since he's been here. Threw in 10 straight bowls and he's only 2nd coach to go his 1st 2 years (here's pointing at you once again Dan ... Joe did a remarkable job with that '76 Tampa Bay Bucs team you left behind).

Personally, I'd rather have the low key approach and see what happens on the field myself ... especially now with Joe himself. Tired of the rah-rah BS.

Not saying Kiffin will knock it out of the park but ... he didn't promise rings and heismans either. He knows he has a rebuild and a lot of work to do. IMO it's better to show than to glow.

Joe's presser as usual was a salesmanship spiel ... smoke and mirrors.

Leroy Jenkins
12-18-2019, 06:59 PM
Didn't take long for the cucks to attempt to change the subject and drag everyone down into their inferiority. I'm not taking the bait.

MetEdDawg
12-18-2019, 07:09 PM
Didn't take long for the cucks to attempt to change the subject and drag everyone down into their inferiority. I'm not taking the bait.

Can't help themselves. They need a weekly therapy group

Leroy Jenkins
12-18-2019, 07:16 PM
Can't help themselves. They need a weekly therapy group

Seriously. You would think that we could at least be united in making fun of NMS's splash hire looking like an unprepared Prince Valium.

msudawg1200
12-18-2019, 07:17 PM
I just want to know if he has the mumps? Those cheeks look pretty swollen.

Liverpooldawg
12-18-2019, 07:23 PM
I'm also a USC fan. I tried to tell y'all. This was not a splash hire or a good hire. It was a desperation hire.

WSOPdawg
12-18-2019, 07:32 PM
He?d make a better MSU history professor than a football coach. He reminds us how bad our past is regularly. Maybe in the off season he can concentrate on the future of OUR program. I?m still kicking rocks tho.

Damn, DeputyDawg brining' it!!! Rep given, you rock kicker, you. (I'm right there with ya).

KOdawg1
12-18-2019, 07:37 PM
Sounds like Kiffin is going to focus on recruiting nationally instead of primarily in-state. That's fine with me. Give me a bunch of Mississippi kids who take pride in playing for their state over a kid from Chicago who doesn't give a shit and just wants his money.

Todd4State
12-18-2019, 07:39 PM
All Ole Miss wants is another Hugh Freeze. I can't totally blame them. I'm not sure if they got one or not.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
12-18-2019, 07:41 PM
Seriously. You would think that we could at least be united in making fun of NMS's splash hire looking like an unprepared Prince Valium.

I see what you did there

msstate7
12-18-2019, 07:42 PM
All Ole Miss wants is another Hugh Freeze. I can't totally blame them. I'm not sure if they got one or not.

I'll be shocked if they aren't all-in next cycle

Todd4State
12-18-2019, 07:45 PM

They probably will be. But I think they will focus more on out of state guys than in-state. Losing Peeler and Nix hurts them in Mississippi. The other thing is we won't have Dan recruiting anymore meaning we will be more competitive in state than we were under Dan.

I also don't think they will be able to do what they did at 2013 levels again. Not while they are on repeat violator status.

The Federalist Engineer
12-18-2019, 08:01 PM
Visor in December and while indoors. That?s a red flag for drugs and alcohol abuse to cover his eyes

Plus his clothes are brand new, like he just put on that hoodie to hide a greasy stain on his shirt.

defiantdog
12-18-2019, 08:19 PM
Kiffin may not like the camera but he ain't an introvert. Trust me on this one.

RocketDawg
12-18-2019, 08:22 PM
He's certainly not the world's best speaker, but at this point he has to be cut a little slack since he's only been there a week. He's probably going to have to learn how they, the fans, value recruiting rating though. I doubt he knows very much about the school or their football team at this point.

RocketDawg
12-18-2019, 08:26 PM
Visor in December and while indoors. That?s a red flag for drugs and alcohol abuse to cover his eyes

Plus his clothes are brand new, like he just put on that hoodie to hide a greasy stain on his shirt.

I suppose that he's not familiar with the "no white after Labor Day" rule. I'm not surprised his clothes are new though ... if any of us suddenly became the head coach at OM we'd need a new wardrobe too.

LC Dawg
12-18-2019, 09:41 PM

Ole Miss was Freeze's dream job. I think it's far from Kiffin's dream job. The Network will try but I don't think Kiffin will ever be as all in as Freeze was and I damn sure don't think he'll fall on the sword if they get busted.

maroonmania
12-18-2019, 10:08 PM

I really don't see how he is gonna play in homes in MS. Freeze's downhome religious schtik was made for MS, but Kiffin is going to be like a fish out of water.

Todd4State
12-18-2019, 10:15 PM
Ole Miss was Freeze's dream job. I think it's far from Kiffin's dream job. The Network will try but I don't think Kiffin will ever be as all in as Freeze was and I damn sure don't think he'll fall on the sword if they get busted.

I don't either based on how Kiffin is building his staff. And I agree about Freeze- the reality is Ole Miss will not find a better coach that fits them than Freeze. Kiffin will nuke the hell out of them before he falls on any sword there. I think Ole Miss being Freeze's dream job is one reason why he fell on the sword there. Although I would guess there were other benefits to Freeze falling on the sword as well- like salvaging his career.

Jarius
12-18-2019, 10:21 PM

I mean the guy met with Hugh Freeze in Oxford a week ago in front of everyone. There is no doubt.

gtowndawg
12-19-2019, 11:08 AM

Totally agree. That was painful to watch...you know?

gtowndawg
12-19-2019, 11:11 AM
I mean the guy met with Hugh Freeze in Oxford a week ago in front of everyone. There is no doubt.

Speaking of ole' Hugh. Sean and Lee Ann Tuohy threw a party for Hugh and the Liberty coaching staff yesterday. The money is about to roll at Liberty!

msudawglb
12-19-2019, 11:49 AM

Zero energy in that room. The disappointment is palatable.

If you don't play the audio and just watch, you'd swear this was a post game press conference after a blowout loss. The body language and the hung head with constant side to side shaking of the head is just depressing.

DCdawg
12-19-2019, 12:12 PM
I can't imagine a recruit not wanting to play for this guy. His enthusiasm is infectious.***

MagicDawg
12-19-2019, 01:24 PM
...you know?

I see what you did there. :)

hacker
12-19-2019, 01:43 PM
That would be a better career choice for him. Joe reiterated over and over how much improvement has taken place since he's been here. Threw in 10 straight bowls and he's only 2nd coach to go his 1st 2 years (here's pointing at you once again Dan ... Joe did a remarkable job with that '76 Tampa Bay Bucs team you left behind).

Personally, I'd rather have the low key approach and see what happens on the field myself ... especially now with Joe himself. Tired of the rah-rah BS.

Not saying Kiffin will knock it out of the park but ... he didn't promise rings and heismans either. He knows he has a rebuild and a lot of work to do. IMO it's better to show than to glow.

Can you please shut the **** up

dawgday166
12-19-2019, 02:00 PM
Can you please shut the **** up

**** you dude. If you enjoy all the veiled references to how crappy our history is and how much Joe is improving that so be it ... but I get tired of hearing it from him myself. He wants to talk his way into making us believe he's really a top-notch coach. He just needs to shut the hell up and show us all this improvement on the field ... where it matters.

hacker
12-19-2019, 02:23 PM
**** you dude. If you enjoy all the veiled references to how crappy our history is and how much Joe is improving that so be it ... but I get tired of hearing it from him myself. He wants to talk his way into making us believe he's really a top-notch coach. He just needs to shut the hell up and show us all this improvement on the field ... where it matters.

This thread is about Kiffin. Nobody wants to hear your shit.

"Sir, this is a Wendy's"

ckDOG
12-19-2019, 02:27 PM
But his twitterz!!!!11!1!!1!1!1!1!!1

msstate7
12-19-2019, 02:29 PM

"Sir, this is a Wendy's"

I always hate it when someone speaks for the board. Was your poll scientific?

dawgday166
12-19-2019, 02:35 PM

"Sir, this is a Wendy's"

Don't read it then ... I don't give a shit whether you wanna hear it or not. There's lots of crap spewed on this board that I don't agree with.

Mobile Bay
12-19-2019, 02:44 PM
Speaking of ole' Hugh. Sean and Lee Ann Tuohy threw a party for Hugh and the Liberty coaching staff yesterday. The money is about to roll at Liberty!

Every dollar they spend for liberty is a dollar they can't for Ole miss. Sounds great to me.

Jack Lambert
12-19-2019, 02:56 PM
This appears to be a trainwreck....wow

Looks like he needs to sign a personal trainer.

Jack Lambert
12-19-2019, 02:57 PM
I see that he stole Sabans Coca Cola. Good for him!

gravedigger
12-19-2019, 03:07 PM
He looks like a fake human. It's like they hired an actor with a history of face lifts.

I think people had Kiffin pegged wrong. I think most OM fans thought they were getting an extroverted, trouble making coach that was just muted by Saban, but in reality, Kiffin is an introvert that really struggled with the media at USC & struggles to relate to people.

His twitter account is not who he is. I think people didn't realize that.

They think they bought a party animal but they really bought a hermit that likely won't get along with their boosters

no....he's reflecting that there is nothing to be excited about yet. He will ramp up his personality when the time is right. Lane gonna Lane.

gravedigger
12-19-2019, 03:10 PM

If your ass is still this chapped, best advice is not to sit down.

Jack Lambert
12-19-2019, 03:24 PM
no....he's reflecting that there is nothing to be excited about yet. He will ramp up his personality when the time is right. Lane gonna Lane.

He is a troll plan and simple. He will hide behind his phone and computer. Just watch how he cowards when Saban yells at him on the side lines. He is weak person. Hell he's probably trolling this message board.

gravedigger
12-19-2019, 03:31 PM
He is a troll plan and simple. He will hide behind his phone and computer. Just watch how he cowards when Saban yells at him on the side lines. He is weak person. Hell he's probably trolling this message board.

I dont doubt that at all. Of course there are few that would dare stand up to Saban on the sidelines. Grantham comes to mind. He established his relationship with Mullen pretty quickly.

But back to Lane, I think that presser may be a bit misleading. He plays the game. He is a troll. But with all of the posturing by OM fans, if he doesnt beat State or pull off an upset of LSU in the first couple of years, the torches and pitchforks will come out.

RocketDawg
12-19-2019, 08:20 PM
I see that he stole Sabans Coca Cola. Good for him!

A bag of Golden Flake potato chips will be next.

BeardoMSU
12-19-2019, 08:40 PM

I was thinking a Trojan Condoms, tbh....but I doubt he uses 'em, lol.

BeardoMSU
12-19-2019, 08:45 PM
I could absolute see Joey F. sponsored by this company as well**

https://www.meijer.com/content/dam/meijer/product/0036/95/3616/28/0036953616288_2_A1C1_1200.png

lastmajordog
12-19-2019, 10:08 PM
?His hair was PERFECT.....?!!!!!! Warren Zevon

BeardoMSU
12-19-2019, 11:11 PM
?His hair was PERFECT.....?!!!!!! Warren Zevon

https://media.giphy.com/media/QWIeDcmJfjxpS/giphy.gif

RougeDawg
12-19-2019, 11:39 PM
I don't either based on how Kiffin is building his staff. And I agree about Freeze- the reality is Ole Miss will not find a better coach that fits them than Freeze. Kiffin will nuke the hell out of them before he falls on any sword there. I think Ole Miss being Freeze's dream job is one reason why he fell on the sword there. Although I would guess there were other benefits to Freeze falling on the sword as well- like salvaging his career.

Speaking of falling on swords, a certain oxford hair professional fell on Bucky?s sword many times.

BeardoMSU
12-19-2019, 11:45 PM
Speaking of falling on swords, a certain oxford hair professional fell on Bucky?s pocket-knife many times.

FIFY**

Daddy Rabbit Dawg
12-20-2019, 07:47 AM
"So, ya know." He sounds like a high school kid.

timotheus
12-20-2019, 07:56 AM
In a soft but disciplined voice, he shrugs and says," it's halftime" . LOL

MaroonBelle
12-20-2019, 04:15 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvsOgadSF7c

Golic and Wingo, 4 minute mark. THE MAN HADN'T EVEN LOOKED AT NEXT YEAR'S SCHEDULE YET! Had no idea about the Murderer's Row they face at beginning of season.

Mobile Bay
12-20-2019, 04:24 PM
Yeah, it's crazy. They could easily go 1-6 to start the season.

AFDawg
12-20-2019, 06:10 PM
Reminds me of this

https://youtu.be/BB6VzJ1qYo4

Dawg_Lover
12-20-2019, 07:00 PM
It made me think of a kid that barely skimmed through a book, before his oral book report, then tries to fake his way through it. Guess we’ll find out soon enough if this was a fake until you make it type situation.

RougeDawg
12-21-2019, 08:53 PM
Not sure if it was ever mentioned here, but the rumor is Saban got rid of him because he was messing around with Sabans daughter. Sounds like a perfect fit for that bunch.

MedDawg
12-21-2019, 10:59 PM

Todd4State
12-22-2019, 12:14 AM
Not sure if it was ever mentioned here, but the rumor is Saban got rid of him because he was messing around with Sabans daughter. Sounds like a perfect fit for that bunch.

I don't know about that but the official word from Alabama was that he was focusing more on FAU than his OC job at Bama.

Anyway- probably only a matter of time before he pisses off the wrong person in the Network. Based on history- three years is probably a good guess.

hacker
12-22-2019, 08:20 AM

I saw this a few weeks ago:

My favorite Lane memory is from 2 years ago when he came to La Tech. He talked and taunted back at the student section. Which is behind the away bench. We were down by 20 in the 1st half and he decided to go for 2. They converted it. He turned and yelled at us that he did it because of us.

When someone asked him what Nick Saban’s daughter was like, he replied with “Not as good as your mom”. Then dropped his play calling sheet like a microphone.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CFB/comments/e7l4ay/official_lane_kiffin_named_head_football_coach_at/

msstate7
12-22-2019, 10:02 AM
I saw this a few weeks ago:

https://www.reddit.com/r/CFB/comments/e7l4ay/official_lane_kiffin_named_head_football_coach_at/

There's no doubt that lane is a classy guy haha

Harry Rex Vonner
12-24-2019, 11:21 AM
there are hardly any portal DT's who are immediately eligible