PDA

View Full Version : Bowl game gets even easier for JoeMo...

HoopsDawg
12-16-2019, 08:26 PM
Louisville's starting Offensive tackle is skipping the bowl game and going pro. Dude is 6'8, 370 and had 60 knockdown blocks.

Then couple this with the fact that Cohen told him this is a business trip plus Louisville is a bad football team. This has to be a win.

msstate7
12-16-2019, 08:28 PM
Start shrader. Shrader and hill can run for 300+

Coach34
12-16-2019, 08:32 PM
I'm headed to Philly tomorrow to bet it before it goes up anymore. We gonna roll

Jarius
12-16-2019, 08:33 PM
Well I mean he is playing without his starting cornerback who is a 2-3rd round draft pick. We aren’t playing with a full deck either. It should not matter either way though.

HoopsDawg
12-16-2019, 08:34 PM
Start shrader. Shrader and hill can run for 300+

Louisville 115th in the country in rushing defense. Wow. Plus, Kylin is shooting for the single season rushing record. Great matchup for Joe. He doesn't have to over think it.

HailStateSZN19
12-16-2019, 08:43 PM
We *SHOULDN’T* throw it more than 15 times. Let Hill & Gibson do some damage in their last game and Shrader will get his too. It really shouldn’t be a close game but I’m prepared for just about anything after having a month off. Here’s to hoping it’s the ass whipping it should be!

Todd4State
12-16-2019, 08:44 PM
Well I mean he is playing without his starting cornerback who is a 2-3rd round draft pick. We aren’t playing with a full deck either. It should not matter either way though.

They don’t throw it a ton. Jones, Williams, and Emerson will be fine.

Todd4State
12-16-2019, 08:45 PM
We *SHOULDN’T* throw it more than 15 times. Let Hill & Gibson do some damage in their last game and Shrader will get his too. It really shouldn’t be a close game but I’m prepared for just about anything after having a month off. Here’s to hoping it’s the ass whipping it should be!

I bet we go with the Egg Bowl game plan. Throw it about 15 times and lean on Kylin and Gibson with an occasional run by Shrader.

DeviousDawg
12-16-2019, 08:56 PM
That's gonna cause problems for Louisville. They are gonna have to double Chauncey Rivers to give the replacement OT some help. I think we get 4-5 sacks. we will be bringing the Nickle blitz off that same side early often, they will have to commit atleast 6 to pass blocking whether that's the RB and/or a TE. Either way its gonna open up our interior D-Line to some chances to beat their man and go free to the QB. Pickering is gonna have a "I've arrived" type game. He quietly has become 2nd on our team in sacks and top 5 in TFL, and he has a sack in each of the last 3 games. He's starting to figure it out, as our the rest of the youngins on the DL. I think our DL will be surprisingly good next year, Love and the JUCO DT's will supply production and depth to what we have already in Lovett, Crumedy and Pickering on the inside. Spencer and Kobe Jones return on the edges, and D. Russell and Jordan Davis should step into the 2 deep, and both have the potential to be elite pass rushers, as well as Odom and King Ani(to a lesser extent).

msstate7
12-16-2019, 09:02 PM
That's gonna cause problems for Louisville. They are gonna have to double Chauncey Rivers to give the replacement OT some help. I think we get 4-5 sacks. we will be bringing the Nickle blitz off that same side early often, they will have to commit atleast 6 to pass blocking whether that's the RB and/or a TE. Either way its gonna open up our interior D-Line to some chances to beat their man and go free to the QB. Pickering is gonna have a "I've arrived" type game. He quietly has become 2nd on our team in sacks and top 5 in TFL, and he has a sack in each of the last 3 games. He's starting to figure it out, as our the rest of the youngins on the DL. I think our DL will be surprisingly good next year, Love and the JUCO DT's will supply production and depth to what we have already in Lovett, Crumedy and Pickering on the inside. Spencer and Kobe Jones return on the edges, and D. Russell and Jordan Davis should step into the 2 deep, and both have the potential to be elite pass rushers, as well as Odom and King Ani(to a lesser extent).

Certainly think missing this guy is a killer, but I don't know about 4-5 sacks. They're 122nd in passing attempts.

DeviousDawg
12-16-2019, 09:05 PM
I bet we go with the Egg Bowl game plan. Throw it about 15 times and lean on Kylin and Gibson with an occasional run by Shrader.

Agreed. Hopefully we see Joe adapt a little and have a few designed straight up play action deep shots. They will be open because our run game will force 7-8 to the box, and the safeties will be cheating up too. The only pass plays I want to see are straight up play actions, maybe a few RPOs over the middle behind cheating LB's. Play action deep shots and PA boots with a TE slipping across the field and a slant and deep post behind it, easy reads for Shrader on the run. Do all this and the fans will be pleased. It's an easy game plan, but if Joe decides to get cute with a shit load of RPOs and passes on 1st downs, I may just fire him myself.

DeviousDawg
12-16-2019, 09:08 PM
Certainly think missing this guy is a killer, but I don't know about 4-5 sacks. They're 122nd in passing attempts.

Yeah I'm saying this under the assumption that we get out to an early lead via pounding the rock, and force the UL QB to throw the ball 30+ times. If it's a tight game they will keep it on the ground, and we won't sniff 4-5.

msstate7
12-16-2019, 09:10 PM
Yeah I'm saying this under the assumption that we get out to an early lead via pounding the rock, and force the UL QB to throw the ball 30+ times. If it's a tight game they will keep it on the ground, and we won't sniff 4-5.

Gotcha. I can see us jumping on them too... well, assuming joe doesn't get cute

HoopsDawg
12-16-2019, 09:20 PM
Agreed. Hopefully we see Joe adapt a little and have a few designed straight up play action deep shots. They will be open because our run game will force 7-8 to the box, and the safeties will be cheating up too. The only pass plays I want to see are straight up play actions, maybe a few RPOs over the middle behind cheating LB's. Play action deep shots and PA boots with a TE slipping across the field and a slant and deep post behind it, easy reads for Shrader on the run. Do all this and the fans will be pleased. It's an easy game plan, but if Joe decides to get cute with a shit load of RPOs and passes on 1st downs, I may just fire him myself.

You're dreaming. RPO's are Joe's baby.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-16-2019, 10:01 PM
Didn?t Iowa have some players sit out due to going pro last year too?

Bdawg
12-16-2019, 10:43 PM
Didn?t Iowa have some players sit out due to going pro last year too?

Maybe one of their TEs but their 2nd string was just about as good I believe.

vv83
12-16-2019, 10:55 PM

Both went first round last year

FriarsPoint
12-16-2019, 11:00 PM
This game will be closer than some here think for one reason, the guy on the other side is a better coach. Go re-watch their game against Notre Dame. He did one helluva coaching job in that one.

Political Hack
12-16-2019, 11:19 PM
This game will be closer than some here think for one reason, the guy on the other side is a better coach. Go re-watch their game against Notre Dame. He did one helluva coaching job in that one.

The fan base will melt. Epic melt.

MagicDawg
12-16-2019, 11:38 PM
I can tell you that if we lose this game, my enthusiasm for football will be at a record low in my adult life. I will be far too disillusioned to invest in a quality melt.

HoopsDawg
12-16-2019, 11:42 PM

Massive coaching advantage for sure.

MarketingBully
12-16-2019, 11:48 PM
All I have to say is QB less UK 45 UL 13. UK beat Louisville without a QB. If we run it on the ground and throw some play action to keep them honest we should score some points. Hopefully the Tutorgate 10 will be so pumped to play in a bowl our defense should shut their offense down.

MarketingBully
12-16-2019, 11:50 PM

He doesn’t have any talent though. Wouldn’t you say that he is a better coach then Stoops but UK crushed them.

Jack Lambert
12-17-2019, 12:07 AM
They don?t throw it a ton. Jones, Williams, and Emerson will be fine.

They have face a lot better WR already.

msbulldog
12-17-2019, 07:27 AM

Shoop???

StateDawg44
12-17-2019, 08:55 AM

One didn't play due to injury I think.

The second one did play I'm pretty sure.

KentuckyDawg13
12-17-2019, 09:33 AM
Weather was a big factor in the UK/UofL game. Sloppy conditions favor the running team. UK just pounded their weak DL. If MSU's OL can perform, we should get the W.

RezDog7
12-17-2019, 09:43 AM
Looking like rain in Nashville according to long range forecast.

fader2103
12-17-2019, 09:55 AM
Looking like rain in Nashville according to long range forecast.

Current models are showing minimum chance right now. Hopefully just be cloudy and cold

timotheus
12-17-2019, 10:56 AM
Do not trust a forecast 1% this far out. It can just as easy be 75 and sunny.

TrapGame
12-17-2019, 11:10 AM
I've learned not to get my hopes up with Joe no matter who the opponent is. I'm optimistic we'll win. I'd love to have an impressive win to get people more comfortable about next season.

gravedigger
12-17-2019, 12:33 PM
Louisville's starting Offensive tackle is skipping the bowl game and going pro. Dude is 6'8, 370 and had 60 knockdown blocks.

Then couple this with the fact that Cohen told him this is a business trip plus Louisville is a bad football team. This has to be a win.

It's a football game/vacation for players. The outcome of this game could go either way. Anyone expecting the outcome to follow regular season trends needs their head examined. On paper and considering tendencies, we should be able to move the ball on the ground. That said, a good many freshmen will play for both teams and the turf and weather may have something to say about how neat or sloppily it's played.

Like all football games matching up relatively comparable teams, the outcome is due to many factors that happen the night of the game. Were this a conference game played on either's home field, it might go another way.

I think our fans are looking for an excuse to say I told you so with regard to Joe from both directions. The outcome wont reveal nearly what they think. This is about the practice time and prep going into the spring.

Todd4State
12-17-2019, 12:53 PM
It's a football game/vacation for players. The outcome of this game could go either way. Anyone expecting the outcome to follow regular season trends needs their head examined. On paper and considering tendencies, we should be able to move the ball on the ground. That said, a good many freshmen will play for both teams and the turf and weather may have something to say about how neat or sloppily it's played.

Like all football games matching up relatively comparable teams, the outcome is due to many factors that happen the night of the game. Were this a conference game played on either's home field, it might go another way.

I think our fans are looking for an excuse to say I told you so with regard to Joe from both directions. The outcome wont reveal nearly what they think. This is about the practice time and prep going into the spring.

He could beat them 56-0 and there are still going to be some people that don’t like him.

The biggest thing for me personally is he needs to win and we need to look at least as organized as we looked in the Egg Bowl.

timotheus
12-17-2019, 12:57 PM
Yes, appearing organized and appearing to be one play ahead as are most coaches will help a bit. I agree that this game could be close or be a blowout and MSU could also be on the wrong end of a blowout. It is truly a shame that we are still at this point after 2 full seasons but we have no choice so we just gotta ride it out.

TStationDawg
12-17-2019, 01:05 PM
Yes, appearing organized and appearing to be one play ahead as are most coaches will help a bit. I agree that this game could be close or be a blowout and MSU could also be on the wrong end of a blowout. It is truly a shame that we are still at this point after 2 full seasons but we have no choice so we just gotta ride it out. This is SOOOOoooo where I am right now. I'm taking both of my boys to the game, just for memories sake, but I couldn't be LESS fired up for a bowl game. I was more fired up for Croom's libery bowl. Hopefully that changes after seeing us play. Maybe the light will come on. I just have no faith based on last 2 years. My guess, I'm going to end up seeing how far I can kick rocks in the Cumberland River after the game. BUT..... that's just the state fan coming out in me....I guess.

Todd4State
12-17-2019, 01:09 PM
This is SOOOOoooo where I am right now. I'm taking both of my boys to the game, just for memories sake, but I couldn't be LESS fired up for a bowl game. I was more fired up for Croom's libery bowl. Hopefully that changes after seeing us play. Maybe the light will come on. I just have no faith based on last 2 years. My guess, I'm going to end up seeing how far I can kick rocks in the Cumberland River after the game. BUT..... that's just the state fan coming out in me....I guess.

Everyone was excited about the 2007 Liberty Bowl. It was the first one we had been to in seven years at that point. Now we have been to 11 in 12 years and ten in a row. So while still important and good to go to it’s not as rare as it used to be.

gravedigger
12-17-2019, 04:24 PM
He could beat them 56-0 and there are still going to be some people that don?t like him.

The biggest thing for me personally is he needs to win and we need to look at least as organized as we looked in the Egg Bowl.

Looking organized in this game would do WONDERS for me. Of course we need to win, but we can win in a disorganized fashion and I wont feel any better about our team going forward. I'd also like to see some carries for some new running backs and receptions for our younger receivers.

Your point is very true though. Joe divided our fanbase with his words Thanksgiving night and he needs to find a way to work on repairing that.

Sienfield
12-17-2019, 06:58 PM
Everyone was excited about the 2007 Liberty Bowl. It was the first one we had been to in seven years at that point. Now we have been to 11 in 12 years and ten in a row. So while still important and good to go to it’s not as rare as it used to be.

We missed bowl games in 2008 & 2009 so we have been to 11 in the last 13 years and 10 in a row.

State82
12-18-2019, 09:59 AM
Joe divided our fanbase with his words Thanksgiving night and he needs to find a way to work on repairing that.

Yes. And it is a serious divide that will only be repaired by wins. And a lot of them. One in Nashville will certainly start the process if, like you say, it is obtained in a crisp, organized manner. Lose ugly and the divide could become cavernous.

Commercecomet24
12-18-2019, 10:07 AM
Yes, appearing organized and appearing to be one play ahead as are most coaches will help a bit. I agree that this game could be close or be a blowout and MSU could also be on the wrong end of a blowout. It is truly a shame that we are still at this point after 2 full seasons but we have no choice so we just gotta ride it out.

Well said. This is where I'm at as well.