PDA

View Full Version : Signing day is 18th.

Jack Lambert
12-15-2019, 10:38 PM
When will the network start the cash flow?

Todd4State
12-15-2019, 10:39 PM

That's the beauty of the Early NSD. They only have a few days to get it together.

msstate7
12-15-2019, 10:44 PM
Surely if the money is flowing, they'll put some toward guys they think they have a shot at to wait till February to sign

MaroonFlounder
12-15-2019, 10:55 PM
Yancy (I know, I know) seems to think they can convince Cooley to wait until February.

You know how well they work the Wayne County kids.

timotheus
12-16-2019, 07:48 AM
The flow has increased substantially since Kiffinpalooza in the Pavilion last week. Only time will tell if they convince a guy or two to $witch or not this cycle.

TrapGame
12-16-2019, 09:42 AM
I expect next year will be the year we see a freakishly good recruiting class for OM. Kiffy Baby will have a good first season and then lo and behold they'll snag a top 15 class. And it will be all on the buzz of Kiff Kiff. (wink, wink)

Liverpooldawg
12-16-2019, 09:50 AM

You are assuming that they stopped. Shaky assumption.

FriarsPoint
12-16-2019, 10:00 AM
I don’t expect it to happen until after we see some results on the field. You’ve got to take inventory before you know what to buy.

Jack Lambert
12-16-2019, 10:13 AM
You are assuming that they stopped. Shaky assumption.

I am just going by 247. They are at 45th with 15 commitments with today and two more days. Let's be real come February only the low hanging fruit with bruises is going to be left to pick. You have to get them in December. The money has not been flowing because if it was then they would not have lost the commitments they have lost the past two weeks.

Bubb Rubb
12-16-2019, 10:28 AM
I expect next year will be the year we see a freakishly good recruiting class for OM. Kiffy Baby will have a good first season and then lo and behold they'll snag a top 15 class. And it will be all on the buzz of Kiff Kiff. (wink, wink)

Have you seen their schedule next year? Bowl eligibility is going to be difficult for them. They pick up Florida from the east and Baylor in non-conference. MSU and Vandy are must-wins for them, and then they have to figure out how to pick off someone else just to get to six wins.

TrapGame
12-16-2019, 10:45 AM
Have you seen their schedule next year? Bowl eligibility is going to be difficult for them. They pick up Florida from the east and Baylor in non-conference. MSU and Vandy are must-wins for them, and then they have to figure out how to pick off someone else just to get to six wins.

6-6 would be a good season for them next year. They will recruit ($$$) like hell off of that. That's basically what they did after Freeze's first year.

Bubb Rubb
12-16-2019, 10:49 AM
6-6 would be a good season for them next year. They will recruit ($$$) like hell off of that. That's basically what they did after Freeze's first year.

Oh, I agree 100% I just don't see how they get there. I think they're more likely to be at home for the fifth straight bowl season.

Jack Lambert
12-16-2019, 11:03 AM

I think Freeze was there forever and had no plans to leave. What ever the Net Work wanted to do he was all on board. I don't think Pretty Boy has any illusions of staying in Oxford very long. He has already have had some trouble and Ole Miss has recently been in trouble. I don't think the NCAA has turned a blind eye to the situation. He may not be all on board. I think 7 to 8 wins will get him a better new job. He doesn't need the Net Work to get to 7 wins. I don't know if that matters or not.

TrapGame
12-16-2019, 12:02 PM
I think Freeze was there forever and had no plans to leave. What ever the Net Work wanted to do he was all on board. I don't think Pretty Boy has any illusions of staying in Oxford very long. He has already have had some trouble and Ole Miss has recently been in trouble. I don't think the NCAA has turned a blind eye to the situation. He may not be all on board. I think 7 to 8 wins will get him a better new job. He doesn't need the Net Work to get to 7 wins. I don't know if that matters or not.

OM better watch out or they could be in a Larry Fedora situation. At USM Fedora's number one priority was getting another job at the expense of recruiting. He left USM with a bare cupboard to jump to UNC.

Ari Gold
12-16-2019, 12:08 PM
They better worry about holding on to a couple of guys they have now..
and with those transfers coming back and Corall staying their class won’t be very big.. low 20s

HancockCountyDog
12-16-2019, 12:37 PM
and with those transfers coming back and Corall staying their class won’t be very big.. low 20s

In all honesty, who from their class has P5 options? A handful at best.

I don't see them landing anyone that has any other real option between now and Wednesday.

parabrave
12-16-2019, 01:22 PM
When does the new NCAA rules about Student athletes take effect? If we haven't begun to investigate how to use these upcoming rules to our advantage then we are so far behind the 8 ball (OM) and might never catch up.

MaroonFlounder
12-16-2019, 09:52 PM
When does the new NCAA rules about Student athletes take effect? If we haven't begun to investigate how to use these upcoming rules to our advantage then we are so far behind the 8 ball (OM) and might never catch up.

Are you talking about payments to student-athletes for name and likeness usage?

I fully expect MSU/compliance/Bracky to screw that up somehow.

parabrave
12-17-2019, 12:09 PM
Are you talking about payments to student-athletes for name and likeness usage?

I fully expect MSU/compliance/Bracky to screw that up somehow.

Yep on both accounts/

Todd4State
12-17-2019, 12:19 PM

Unless they can convince someone to bump up their prospects from a three to a four star just because.

Negative Waves
12-17-2019, 12:22 PM
Word I heard was that the network's spending plan during the Freeze's tenure was to go in big every 3rd recruiting class. They hoped after several cycles, the two classes in between would get bumped up in rank over time due to the big success with the "all-in" classes. Sure enough, they went in big on the 2013 and 2016 classes. 2012 class was a last minute class for Freeze, so there was not enough time to get it rolling. I think Kiffin's first class will be similar to the 2012 class. Next year I suspect the dollars will be flowing again to the recruits, and we will see big-name recruits from random places all of the sudden decide they want to "come home" to Oxford.

msstate7
12-17-2019, 01:02 PM
Word I heard was that the network's spending plan during the Freeze's tenure was to go in big every 3rd recruiting class. They hoped after several cycles, the two classes in between would get bumped up in rank over time due to the big success with the "all-in" classes. Sure enough, they went in big on the 2013 and 2016 classes. 2012 class was a last minute class for Freeze, so there was not enough time to get it rolling. I think Kiffin's first class will be similar to the 2012 class. Next year I suspect the dollars will be flowing again to the recruits, and we will see big-name recruits from random places all of the sudden decide they want to "come home" to Oxford.

That 2012 class ended up pretty good even though the ranking was horrible

Bo
Core
Elston
Hilton
Walton
Gross
Ward

Pretty good players for them

timotheus
12-17-2019, 01:06 PM
trust me, they are trying so hard currently to up their incoming classes #'s. We may not see much indication this cycle unless it's an undecided guy who won't sign in Dec. I have spoken with a couple of them and they fully plan on the 21 class to be top 5. buckle up, they have fertilized the grass in the grove.

Dawgology
12-17-2019, 01:46 PM
trust me, they are trying so hard currently to up their incoming classes #'s. We may not see much indication this cycle unless it's an undecided guy who won't sign in Dec. I have spoken with a couple of them and they fully plan on the 21 class to be top 5. buckle up, they have fertilized the grass in the grove.

I'm sure that will work out GREAT for them. Their track record indicates this approach can't fail!****

timotheus
12-17-2019, 02:03 PM
This process isn't being run through the HC office as before but trust me, They'd pay up for a 4* left tackle tonite.

confucius say
12-17-2019, 02:20 PM
This process isn't being run through the HC office as before but trust me, They'd pay up for a 4* left tackle tonite.

Well they better get to it bc rumor is they are losing the high 3 star one they have committed in Scott, the ark kid

timotheus
12-17-2019, 02:44 PM
That is funny stuff.

MedDawg
12-17-2019, 03:44 PM

Don't forget to give some credit to the best city in the United States-Oxford, MS.

Jack Lambert
12-17-2019, 03:46 PM
Don't forget to give some credit to the best city in the United States-Oxford, MS.

They do have a Mall after all.

Schultzy
12-17-2019, 03:56 PM
Rumors they will try to pay people not to sign yet & wait until Feb. but I don't think its a high probability to happen.

gravedigger
12-17-2019, 05:02 PM
Unless they can convince someone to bump up their prospects from a three to a four star just because.

^^^^^^^^ EXACTLY how it will happen ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^