PDA

View Full Version : Watching Perry

tcdog70
12-15-2019, 10:41 AM
It seems to Me , Reggie gets into to big of a hurry. He is big and strong and needs to learn a ball fake and then go strong. Nobody should be stripping the ball from Perry or Ado. Ado had a nice game cleaning up Perry's misses. Saying that --Perry had a nice game on defense and rebounded well. I wonder if Smoke Burns or Charles Rhodes could show him how to finish.

THE Bruce Dickinson
12-15-2019, 10:50 AM
Perry will teach Rhodes how to have a proper NBA career.

That being said, I do agree that Perry seems to get in a hurry on O sometimes. It seems like he feels like he has to score and put up big numbers to impress scouts. I think he should let the game come to him a little bit more. Between Perry, Woodard and Ado we are monsters on the boards. Perry can probably get 6-8 a game on offensive rebounds. Combine that 6-8 with 10-12 other points he can generate, he would have a pretty impressive stat line. I am ready to see Nick come back, too. Our guard play is about to get much deeper.

chef dixon
12-15-2019, 11:05 AM
There is a bit of him forcing it and trying stuff that is really out of his skill set. I think it is because he hears the hype and feels like he can do what he wants, which I do not really blame him for. We need him to get more consistent soon, so far this season there has not been much rhythm established for him. Howland needs to work on it.

THE Bruce Dickinson
12-15-2019, 11:11 AM
There is a bit of him forcing it and trying stuff that is really out of his skill set. I think it is because he hears the hype and feels like he can do what he wants, which I do not really blame him for. We need him to get more consistent soon, so far this season there has not been much rhythm established for him. Howland needs to work on it.

Yeah I agree. I think if we were a better three point shooting team, it would be easier to run it through him. K State keyed on him big time yesterday, and he kept trying to force it. If we were more of a threat from deep it would make doing that more difficult. Hopefully we settle in, and find more of an identity. I think this team could make some noise in the SEC if they do. I hope we have a good crowd on 1/4 for Auburn. Would be great to start off SEC play with a win over a top 15 conference opponent.

MStateME13
12-15-2019, 11:54 AM
Yeah I agree. I think if we were a better three point shooting team, it would be easier to run it through him. K State keyed on him big time yesterday, and he kept trying to force it. If we were more of a threat from deep it would make doing that more difficult. Hopefully we settle in, and find more of an identity. I think this team could make some noise in the SEC if they do. I hope we have a good crowd on 1/4 for Auburn. Would be great to start off SEC play with a win over a top 15 conference opponent.

Just about every team we play doubles Perry in the post now. Agree that better 3-pt shooting from the rest of the team would help him a lot. He?s gotten better about passing out of trouble, but he still tries to force things that aren?t there (see his double-teamed 20 foot fade-away airball on the baseline yesterday).

That being said, he was getting absolutely mugged down low yesterday and the refs swallowed the whistle all game. In a normal game I think he gets 4-5 more foul calls than what he got yesterday.

Coach34
12-15-2019, 01:20 PM
He is playing selfishly too much trying to impress the scouts. Instead of hurrying and trying to shoot before the double team gets there- let them come and make th ecorrect pass to make them pay for the double. Great talent, just needs to let the game flow instead of trying to be THE GAME