PDA

View Full Version : MS/AL All Star Game

ShotgunDawg
12-14-2019, 02:57 PM
4th Quarter & MS is down 10-0

- McKinley Jackson is clearly the best player in Mississippi. Absolutely ridiculous that we aren't more involved in his recruitment. Absolutely ridiculous that we can't get more involved with an in-state kid. You can't build an SEC contender while not being involved in these types of player's recruitment.

- Dean is really good. Kind of runs like Vick Ballard. I know he'll play defense for us.

- Jaden Walley looks like a solid WR.

- Jimmy Holliday is an awful QB. Has no field vision for the passing game. Will have to play another position at the power 5 level if he's going to play there.

West Tn Dawg
12-14-2019, 03:06 PM
Ever consider, maybe he has made it clear he is not interested?

ShotgunDawg
12-14-2019, 03:07 PM
Ever consider, maybe he has made it clear he is not interested?

Players as good as him you make interested. You stay on them & push the envelope to make them interested.

You may not get them because they aren't interested enough, but it's pathetic to have an instate player be this good & he's not interested in his home state school that has been to 10 straight bowl games.

ShotgunDawg
12-14-2019, 03:17 PM
I continue to LOVE the way Rogers throws the football.

He's rated correctly, but, if he can find a little more athleticism & quicker feet in the pocket, he COULD develop into a big time QB

He's got top notch accuracy & good velocity. I'd take him over Tyler Russell. Better passer than Bo Nix & Shrader but obviously not near as athletic or mobile as either

ShotgunDawg
12-14-2019, 03:25 PM
Rogers on one leg takes MS down the field to tie the game. Beautiful TD pass while running up in the pocket.

As many underrated players as we have in this class, he may be the most underrated in the end. Can really throw it

ShotgunDawg
12-14-2019, 03:34 PM
Javon Banks blocks Alabama's attempt at a game winning Fg

ShotgunDawg
12-14-2019, 03:36 PM
Overtime

Bdawg
12-14-2019, 03:37 PM
Little extra time I see.

ShotgunDawg
12-14-2019, 03:41 PM
Will Rogers to Dean for TD in overtime.

Rogers is deadly boys. Kid is a sniper.

I'd be shocked if he doesn't make an impact at MSU in time

Gets the ball out of his hand extremely quick. Knows what he's doing

ShotgunDawg
12-14-2019, 03:44 PM
Mississippi wins it's 3rd straight on a blocked XP

Bdawg
12-14-2019, 03:46 PM
Ballgame. Heck of a comeback.

HoopsDawg
12-14-2019, 03:51 PM
Damn, I didn't know McKinnley Jackson was that good. Alabama couldn't block him.

msstate7
12-14-2019, 03:55 PM
Damn, I didn't know McKinnley Jackson was that good. Alabama couldn't block him.

I was told in the recruiting thread that he was terribly overrated and not that good despite being the #1 player in the state.

Bothrops
12-14-2019, 03:59 PM
I'd certainly make another case for Jackson if I were Joe. Did the kid grow up hating MSU or something?

ShotgunDawg
12-14-2019, 04:04 PM
If Jackson is signing in February & we sign all of our commits on the 16th, you take the next 2 months & camp the 17 out in his yard till he agrees to visit.

Get to visit just so we'll leave him alone

HaggardDawg
12-14-2019, 04:12 PM
The amount of stud d lineman we've put in the league in the last 10 years should at least get us in the game with him if the primary recruiter is worth his salt

ShotgunDawg
12-14-2019, 04:14 PM
The amount of stud d lineman we've put in the league in the last 10 years should at least get us in the game with him if the primary recruiter is worth his salt

MSU struggles with top recruits that get a ton of noise in their SO & JR HS seasons. I think it develops a culture of them thinking that they are too good for us.

Jeffery Simmons was a 4 star till late
Chris Jones was a 2 star
Charles Cross was a low 4 star till late.
Fletcher Cox was a 4 star

We can get 5 star caliber players, but they seem to only be the ones that weren't the taste of the town when they were 12

I agree though, the success we've had on the DL makes it perplexing that we don't get more interest.

What I don't understand is with MSU's success on the DL, how could he favor Ole Miss in his recruitment over MSU? That literally makes ZERO sense

If he's asking for money & LSU & others are willing to pay him, then we should as well. You're not going to get in trouble for paying an instate player

WinningIsRelentless
12-14-2019, 04:16 PM
Players as good as him you make interested. You stay on them & push the envelope to make them interested.

You may not get them because they aren't interested enough, but it's pathetic to have an instate player be this good & he's not interested in his home state school that has been to 10 straight bowl games.

Then why don?t you do the same with Kate Upton or someone similar killer.

ShotgunDawg
12-14-2019, 04:17 PM
Then why don?t you do the same with Kate Upton or someone similar killer.

Because I'm married

msbulldog
12-14-2019, 04:18 PM

He's favoring the bigger name schools like Bama, LSU and Aub. Some kids are just like that and there is nothing you can do to change their minds. We would just be wasting time and resources.

ShotgunDawg
12-14-2019, 04:20 PM
He's favoring the bigger name schools like Bama, LSU and Aub. Some kids are just like that and there is nothing you can do to change their minds. We would just be wasting time and resources.

It does seem to be the issue with guys highly rated in their HS career.

We can get late blooming 5 stars. But guy like Jackson that have been rated high for a long time seem to avoid us like the plague. They think they are too good for Mississippi. It's a shame

ShotgunDawg
12-14-2019, 04:20 PM

If we sign most of out guys next week though, there is no wasting resources to put the full court press on a guy like Jackson

Todd4State
12-14-2019, 04:21 PM
MSU struggles with top recruits that get a ton of noise in their SO & JR HS seasons. I think it develops a culture of them thinking that they are too good for us.

Jeffery Simmons was a 4 star till late
Chris Jones was a 2 star
Charles Cross was a low 4 star till late.
Fletcher Cox was a 4 star

We can get 5 star caliber players, but they seem to only be the ones that weren't the taste of the town when they were 12

I agree though, the success we've had on the DL makes it perplexing that we don't get more interest.

What I don't understand is with MSU's success on the DL, how could he favor Ole Miss in his recruitment over MSU? That literally makes ZERO sense

If he's asking for money & LSU & others are willing to pay him, then we should as well. You're not going to get in trouble for paying an instate player

It seems to me like the Mississippi guys typically go where their friends go. Scheme, past succeed at a position group don’t seem to matter as much as they do to adults.

ShotgunDawg
12-14-2019, 04:23 PM
It seems to me like the Mississippi guys typically go where their friends go. Scheme, past succeed at a position group don’t seem to matter as much as they do to adults.

Jackson's is Dylan Lawrence.

somebodyshotmypaw
12-14-2019, 04:31 PM
You mentioned "Rogers on one leg." Is he banged up? If so, did it happen before got to the MS/AL week, in the MS/AL practices, or in this game?

confucius say
12-14-2019, 04:33 PM
Seeing him today, Rogers is bigger than I thought.
Tight mechanics and a Good, quick release. He is a better passer coming out of HS than anybody weve signed in a long long time.

confucius say
12-14-2019, 04:35 PM
Did the RB from Greenville st joe not make the team, or are private school kids even allowed to play? I know it is a Mississippi association of coaches deal but not sure if private school coaches can be members.

ShotgunDawg
12-14-2019, 04:36 PM
You mentioned "Rogers on one leg." Is he banged up? If so, did it happen before got to the MS/AL week, in the MS/AL practices, or in this game?

He fumbled a snap & while downing the ball on one knee, was destroyed by half the Bama team. Badly sprained his ankle due to that

ShotgunDawg
12-14-2019, 04:38 PM
Seeing him today, Rogers is bigger than I thought.
Tight mechanics and a Good, quick release. He is a better passer coming out of HS than anybody weve signed in a long long time.

Probably the best passing QB we've signed since Fant. I think he has a quicker release, is more athletics, & throws with more velocity that Tyler Russell.

Honestly, he reminds me of a shorter Tommy Stevens, but appears to have more instincts in the pocket. We'll see if Joe & Breiner screw that up or not. I don't have my hopes up.

He's good though. He's probably a 3 star due to size & lack of physical maturity, but if someone had him ranked a 91 or so 4 star, I don't see how you could argue.

He could be really really good though, it's just going to depend on where his athleticism & feet go once he gets stronger

He'll always be a good passer, but in today's college football, you can't have a QB with concrete feet.

Coursesuper
12-14-2019, 04:39 PM
It does seem to be the issue with guys highly rated in their HS career.

We can get late blooming 5 stars. But guy like Jackson that have been rated high for a long time seem to avoid us like the plague. They think they are too good for Mississippi. It's a shame

This one is no late bloomer 5 star, he's been starting in high school 6A since he was in the 8th grade I first saw him in the 9th and it was evident he would be this type of player. Everyone knew about this one. If theses dipshit "recruiting writers didn't have this one rated as high as possible then they need to reevaluate their decision making paradigm. That we aren't in it him is one to think about but sometimes that's the way it is.

Dawgfan77
12-14-2019, 04:42 PM
All I?m gonna say is that we tried and did our due diligence but in the end he has a lot of off field work to do... not just grades.

Todd4State
12-14-2019, 04:42 PM
Jackson's is Dylan Lawrence.

Exactly. So we tried and he still isn’t interested in us. And these players are able to connect to other players much more easily through social media even if they play at another school.

ShotgunDawg
12-14-2019, 04:43 PM
This one is no late bloomer 5 star, he's been starting in high school 6A since he was in the 8th grade I first saw him in the 9th and it was evident he would be this type of player. Everyone knew about this one. If theses dipshit "recruiting writers didn't have this one rated as high as possible then they need to reevaluate their decision making paradigm. That we aren't in it him is one to think about but sometimes that's the way it is.

Agree. That was my point.

We rarely are in the game for guys that are highly rated early in their HS careers. One of the big draw backs of recruiting rankings. Puts these guys on the map for the blue bloods very early.

I think it was the number 1 issues with the 2019 class. All those guys had been pumped for 3 years & it allowed local fan boys to get involved with the recruiting process.

ShotgunDawg
12-14-2019, 04:45 PM
All I?m gonna say is that we tried and did our due diligence but in the end he has a lot of off field work to do... not just grades.

So we are now taking the moral high ground over LSU, Bama, & Auburn? That's thick

Hold your breath to see if anyone cares about that

Dawgfan77
12-14-2019, 04:47 PM
So we are now taking the moral high ground over LSU, Bama, & Auburn? That's thick

Hold your breath to see if anyone cares about that
Think about this he was already committed to LSU and they backed away....

ShotgunDawg
12-14-2019, 04:48 PM

Awesome.... so we're going to gift OM a 5* DT?

At MSU, you may have to take some risks. Just the way it is unless you have other comparable options. We don't

Dawgfan77
12-14-2019, 04:51 PM

At MSU, you may have to take some risks. Just the way it is unless you have other comparable options. We don't

He may very well. Just let this one go.

confucius say
12-14-2019, 04:57 PM

He is a mid 4 star by 247 and ESPN. Does somebody have him as a five star?

somebodyshotmypaw
12-14-2019, 04:58 PM
Did the RB from Greenville st joe not make the team, or are private school kids even allowed to play? I know it is a Mississippi association of coaches deal but not sure if private school coaches can be members.

I don't think private school kids are allowed.

Percho
12-14-2019, 04:59 PM
He fumbled a snap & while downing the ball on one knee, was destroyed by half the Bama team. Badly sprained his ankle due to that

Which resulted in a strange penalty. No first down.

Cooterpoot
12-14-2019, 05:12 PM

We did everything we could do.

ShotgunDawg
12-14-2019, 05:33 PM
He is a mid 4 star by 247 and ESPN. Does somebody have him as a five star?

He should be

HancockCountyDog
12-14-2019, 05:50 PM
He should be

Glad the bears pulled the trigger on Luke - he was om bound before he was fired.

My guess is that he goes to AU or LSU, I think he was committed to LSU at one point.

maroonmania
12-14-2019, 05:54 PM
Glad the bears pulled the trigger on Luke - he was om bound before he was fired.

My guess is that he goes to AU or LSU, I think he was committed to LSU at one point.

Well, if Jackson was willing to go to OM as a DL but won't even give MSU a look then making the NFL must not be one of his priorities.

HoopsDawg
12-14-2019, 06:03 PM

UGA just offered him recently.

West Tn Dawg
12-14-2019, 06:46 PM

Not always the case. I know if I was a any star player, I wouldn't go to Ole Piss, no matter what. Maybe thats the case with him. It's not always our coaches fault.

Liverpooldawg
12-14-2019, 07:48 PM
The absolute only thing I care about with that game is this: Did any of our commits get hurt?

sack07
12-14-2019, 08:31 PM
Shotgun, why do you think being from Mississippi should give us a leg up on any kid? The majority of high school kids do not have any allegiances to the in state schools. They?re not like you or I who grow up fans of schools. If they cheer for anyone, it is most likely a blue blood program.

And on Jackson specifically, he?s from George County. And while yes, Starkville and Lucedale and bound by the same border that means nothing to most kids.

KOdawg1
12-14-2019, 08:34 PM
The absolute only thing I care about with that game is this: Did any of our commits get hurt?
Will Rogers hurt his ankle, but came back and led them to a win. Tough kid

BuckyIsAB****
12-14-2019, 10:40 PM
Rogers wasnt 100 percent before he got hurt on the second series. I told yall he would be the best passer on campus when he got there. He is a cerebral assassin. Big time competitor and great intangibles. Loves the game. Wont have to worry about him skipping class, missing meetings or being late.

Jackson is the most dominant player I have seen in a long time. He played when he wanted to play at GC. But when he wants too he is one of the best players in the country. He can do it all. Penetrate, two gap, rush the passer shock shed the whole 9.

Dean and Rogers are going to be roommates. Dont be surprised when these two are carrying us to a bowl in the future. Dean is the real deal and is a stand up kid. Very similar to Rogers.

Jevon Banks had a great week and a great game. He is going to be a DL for us and be a damn good one. Grantham would love to have this kid. Long arms and physical. Plays with a chip on his shoulder. Has been that way all year. He was giving Chris Brooks hell from August till today bc he disrespected him and Olive Branch.

Walley is going to be ok. His little brother is the dawg. Trust me. He is a steal have to hang onto him. Forbes will grow into a draft pick if he will put in the work. Excellent frame. They hardly ever tried him. Reminds me a lot of Dantzler. Needs to become more physical and tackle better but some guys just arent made like that.

For all the love Jackson gets, Cooley is damn good himself. He is extremely underrated. He has longer arms than Jackson. Once he shocks you you are in trouble. Gonna be a good one on the interior.

Says a lot that the best WR in the game arguably was Ashton Nickelberry. He is a dawg, we probably wont give him a shot but he is a lot like Rufus except faster. Legit 4.3 speed. One of the fastest kids in the state. Has gotten better every single year. Him and Rogers would be deadly together but Im sure we will get caught up in the height and weight.

Was disappointed in Tulu. Not much impact on the game. Probably hurt him not having Rogers to throw it but still.

We do need to put the full court press on Pegues and Jackson. If they dont want to then they dont want to but it shouldnt be bc we didnt try. Those 2 and Rogers were probably the MVPs of the state and def the MVPs of that game in 2019

BuckyIsAB****
12-14-2019, 10:43 PM

No they cant play. Him and his teammate that is committed to Oregon decided not to play in the MAIS game last week. I was looking forward to seeing him play

BuckyIsAB****
12-14-2019, 10:45 PM
Probably the best passing QB we've signed since Fant. I think he has a quicker release, is more athletics, & throws with more velocity that Tyler Russell.

Honestly, he reminds me of a shorter Tommy Stevens, but appears to have more instincts in the pocket. We'll see if Joe & Breiner screw that up or not. I don't have my hopes up.

He's good though. He's probably a 3 star due to size & lack of physical maturity, but if someone had him ranked a 91 or so 4 star, I don't see how you could argue.

He could be really really good though, it's just going to depend on where his athleticism & feet go once he gets stronger

He'll always be a good passer, but in today's college football, you can't have a QB with concrete feet.

He has far from concrete feet. Go watch him play more than once a year and youll know that. He has been hurt since the GC game when Jackson sacked him and sprained his MCL. He has 10 rushing TDs the last 2 years. He will work his ass off to fix any fault you find about him.

He is the best QB in the state. Not even close. There were some that were saying Holiday was the best QB in the state. You learned the truth today. He aint a QB. He got hurt and wouldnt go back in. Rogers was begging the coaches to put him back in the entire 2nd half. Some folks have got it, Rogers has some Minshew in him

BuckyIsAB****
12-14-2019, 10:51 PM
Hate to take over the thread but if we are needing a LB and some WRs then we are dumb if we dont try for Tyrese Hopkins and Rufus Warren. Throw Nickelberry in there too. If we have the numbers we should take a shot. Hopkins is better than LL ever was in high school and Warren and Nickelberry can do something not many of our WRs can do, get open.

ShotgunDawg
12-14-2019, 10:53 PM
Rogers wasnt 100 percent before he got hurt on the second series. I told yall he would be the best passer on campus when he got there. He is a cerebral assassin. Big time competitor and great intangibles. Loves the game. Wont have to worry about him skipping class, missing meetings or being late.

Jackson is the most dominant player I have seen in a long time. He played when he wanted to play at GC. But when he wants too he is one of the best players in the country. He can do it all. Penetrate, two gap, rush the passer shock shed the whole 9.

Dean and Rogers are going to be roommates. Dont be surprised when these two are carrying us to a bowl in the future. Dean is the real deal and is a stand up kid. Very similar to Rogers.

Jevon Banks had a great week and a great game. He is going to be a DL for us and be a damn good one. Grantham would love to have this kid. Long arms and physical. Plays with a chip on his shoulder. Has been that way all year. He was giving Chris Brooks hell from August till today bc he disrespected him and Olive Branch.

Walley is going to be ok. His little brother is the dawg. Trust me. He is a steal have to hang onto him. Forbes will grow into a draft pick if he will put in the work. Excellent frame. They hardly ever tried him. Reminds me a lot of Dantzler. Needs to become more physical and tackle better but some guys just arent made like that.

For all the love Jackson gets, Cooley is damn good himself. He is extremely underrated. He has longer arms than Jackson. Once he shocks you you are in trouble. Gonna be a good one on the interior.

Says a lot that the best WR in the game arguably was Ashton Nickelberry. He is a dawg, we probably wont give him a shot but he is a lot like Rufus except faster. Legit 4.3 speed. One of the fastest kids in the state. Has gotten better every single year. Him and Rogers would be deadly together but Im sure we will get caught up in the height and weight.

Was disappointed in Tulu. Not much impact on the game. Probably hurt him not having Rogers to throw it but still.

We do need to put the full court press on Pegues and Jackson. If they dont want to then they dont want to but it shouldnt be bc we didnt try. Those 2 and Rogers were probably the MVPs of the state and def the MVPs of that game in 2019

Wasn't Tulu banged up this week?

BuckyIsAB****
12-14-2019, 10:56 PM
Wasn't Tulu banged up this week?

Not sure. Could have been. He is pretty raw either way it goes. Im not downing him Im just saying he will need to learn how to run routes. He has the talent to beat man coverage but its going to take time

Todd4State
12-14-2019, 10:57 PM
Hate to take over the thread but if we are needing a LB and some WRs then we are dumb if we dont try for Tyrese Hopkins and Rufus Warren. Throw Nickelberry in there too. If we have the numbers we should take a shot. Hopkins is better than LL ever was in high school and Warren and Nickelberry can do something not many of our WRs can do, get open.

I think our coaches get too caught up in measurables and aren't into who can actually you know- catch the ball. Or play the game.

ShotgunDawg
12-14-2019, 11:37 PM
I think our coaches get too caught up in measurables and aren't into who can actually you know- catch the ball. Or play the game.

Disagree.

There's a reason we don't lose to G5 teams.

The book was written for a reason. So go by the book unless you have a damn good reason not to. If you don't, you'll make the same mistakes every year.

Todd4State
12-14-2019, 11:40 PM
Disagree.

There's a reason we don't lose to G5 teams.

The book was written for a reason. So go by the book unless you have a damn good reason not to. If you don't, you'll make the same mistakes every year.

Losing to G5 teams isn't the issue. We also aren't beating the better SEC teams. Part of it is because the guys that could help us do that are playing at Memphis.

ShotgunDawg
12-14-2019, 11:52 PM
Losing to G5 teams isn't the issue. We also aren't beating the better SEC teams. Part of it is because the guys that could help us do that are playing at Memphis.

I disagree. I don't think the guys at Memphis get us any closer to beating top tier SEC teams.

You are much more likely to hit on a McKinney, Banks, Slay, Jenkins, Calhoun, etc by sticking to the book at not worrying about where they are from, what their stats are, what position they play, or what other offers they have than you are to hit on difference makers by signing the guys Memphis is getting.

The moment you start thinking that we need Memphis' players, then I believe you need to reevaluate what you're looking at.

StateDawg44
12-14-2019, 11:58 PM

Very convenient for your argument here.

If we did get him and he wound up not being able to enroll or had to go JUCO, you'd be bitching about how we wasted a scholarship and could've been used on someone else.

Liverpooldawg
12-15-2019, 12:04 AM
Will Rogers hurt his ankle, but came back and led them to a win. Tough kid

Great. Now if we can get through the even more stupid Mississippi one.

Lord McBuckethead
12-15-2019, 03:00 AM

After seeing that Isabella kid from Umass, size don't mean shit if no one can cover you coming out of your break.

Cooterpoot
12-15-2019, 06:33 AM
Pegues is a DT that doesn’t play DT. He and Jackson have zero interest in State.

Ari Gold
12-15-2019, 12:33 PM

Jackson Is not a nor will have the careers that chris jones or Jeffery simmons had ...

ShotgunDawg
12-15-2019, 01:31 PM
Is it me or does Javon Banks remind anyone else of Chauncey Rivers?

maroonmania
12-15-2019, 02:12 PM
Shotgun, why do you think being from Mississippi should give us a leg up on any kid? The majority of high school kids do not have any allegiances to the in state schools. They?re not like you or I who grow up fans of schools. If they cheer for anyone, it is most likely a blue blood program.

And on Jackson specifically, he?s from George County. And while yes, Starkville and Lucedale and bound by the same border that means nothing to most kids.

This is just a really bad take. We get a ton of highly rated kids from MS that have other SEC offers that we absolutely would have no shot at if they didn't have in-state loyalty. If it wasn't for our ability to get a lot of the higher rated kids from MS we would be in a world of hurt playing in the SEC. And MSU has had multiple players from George County, including one of our best ever in Eric Moulds.

RougeDawg
12-15-2019, 02:17 PM

Yes. Most of the G5 schools in our area have better WR than we do. I do not understand how that happens. We do well enough in other areas to compete in the SEC, but are always bottom when it comes to receivers.

msbulldog
12-15-2019, 02:20 PM
Yes. Most of the G5 schools in our area have better WR than we do. I do not understand how that happens. We do well enough in other areas to compete in the SEC, but are always bottom when it comes to receivers.

Years of Mullen's runs and short passes will ruin the interest of big time WR's.

maroonmania
12-15-2019, 02:37 PM

Its a combination of that plus during the same time frame OM was throwing it all over the yard and essentially had no running game. Its been about as difficult up until the last year or two with Luke for OM to sign a productive RB as it has been for us to sign a top rated WR.

Todd4State
12-15-2019, 05:13 PM
Its a combination of that plus during the same time frame OM was throwing it all over the yard and essentially had no running game. Its been about as difficult up until the last year or two with Luke for OM to sign a productive RB as it has been for us to sign a top rated WR.

We're also missing on the diamond in the rough guys too though.

Coach34
12-15-2019, 05:18 PM
Years of Mullen's runs and short passes will ruin the interest of big time WR's.

That's not it. WR's are kids that as a group don't want to hear about hard work and a lunch pail mentality. They want that ass kissed and glam. Rock star treatment. Mullen and crew didn't do ass-kissing and glam. Plus, Joe's 1st WR coach hated recruiting- and went back to the NFL

maroonmania
12-15-2019, 05:19 PM
We're also missing on the diamond in the rough guys too though.

In Mullen's entire tenure though, at least to my memory, the only diamond in the rough type WR that Mullen signed that was a big impact player was Derunnya Wilson. Guys like Bumphis and Ross were 4 star recruits.

Coach34
12-15-2019, 05:21 PM
In Mullen's entire tenure though, at least to my memory, the only diamond in the rough type WR that Mullen signed that was a big impact player was Derunnya Wilson. Guys like Bumphis and Ross were 4 star recruits.

Fred Brown

maroonmania
12-15-2019, 05:28 PM
Fred Brown

Meh, Fred Brown showed a bit of promise, but as soon as he did was summarily dismissed from school.

Coach34
12-15-2019, 05:44 PM
Meh, Fred Brown showed a bit of promise, but as soon as he did was summarily dismissed from school.

Fred Brown's performance in 2015 as our #3 would have made him our leading WR this season.
He has also made some it in the NFL on a couple of rosters

sack07
12-15-2019, 07:18 PM
This is just a really bad take. We get a ton of highly rated kids from MS that have other SEC offers that we absolutely would have no shot at if they didn't have in-state loyalty. If it wasn't for our ability to get a lot of the higher rated kids from MS we would be in a world of hurt playing in the SEC. And MSU has had multiple players from George County, including one of our best ever in Eric Moulds.

You know that they came to State because they were from Mississippi?

Also, my post was meant generally. Obviously there are some kids who grow up fans or take pride in Mississippi. Both universities try to promote staying in state. My point was that our coaches still have to do their part in the recruitment process to convince a kid that State is the best place to continue their career. A lot of times proximity plays a role in that. Proximity and in state can get blurred sometimes. I just don?t think it?s that crazy that a kid from MS has no interest in an in state school. Nor is that an indictment on a coaching staff.

chef dixon
12-15-2019, 08:04 PM
Mullen also threw the ball all over the field at UF this year. I don't think it was all his scheme that held us back from getting legit wideouts.

Coach34
12-15-2019, 08:30 PM
Mullen also threw the ball all over the field at UF this year. I don't think it was all his scheme that held us back from getting legit wideouts.

Mullen is a good coach because he adjusts to his talent. His starting QB was somewhat mobile and he ran him a little. Once he got hurt and Trask became the QB- they went West Coast offense with no QB runs. His recruiting acumen doesn't do well with WR's tho. Maybe that will change some at Fla

I haven't seen JoVester adjust very much yet. That's the problem. If it takes a juco WR half a season to figure out the offense- your offense is the problem- not the WR. A running attack that is just zone or a read the DE to pitch or QB cut the ball up is not much imagination. Ugh

timotheus
12-16-2019, 07:55 AM
Gotta cut him some slack though, maybe he's just a slow guru when it comes to assessing talent and incorporating it into his scheme? No better than we could throw this year, Kylin should have broken Boobie's rushing record 3 games ago or Nick should have had about 400 more yards for himself.