Interpolation_Dawg_EX
12-12-2019, 02:04 PM
https://twitter.com/H_Kylin/status/1205200715045625857

DownwardDawg
12-12-2019, 02:06 PM
As expected. Good luck Kylin!!!

KOdawg1
12-12-2019, 02:06 PM
For the first time in a long time, Joe will have to call his offense without an elite RB to carry him. Hope he adjusts

ShotgunDawg
12-12-2019, 02:09 PM
It'll be interesting to see where he goes in the draft. Wishing him all the best

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
12-12-2019, 02:10 PM
For the first time in a long time, Joe will have to call his offense without an All-Conference RB.

So he has Walker and Witherspoon? We're in trouble without an impact JUCO RB.

KOdawg1
12-12-2019, 02:11 PM

Marks will most certainly play as a true Freshman

ShotgunDawg
12-12-2019, 02:15 PM
I'm personally fine with starting new RBs next year in prep of 2021.

It'll allow everyone to grow together

Cowbell
12-12-2019, 02:25 PM
If Joe overcomes this and does better than 6 wins, he will deserve a shot yo stay. But I feel like this is a nail in the coffin. It would be smart for him to take a job after a bowl win as his value will drop if he can’t pull this together.

HailStateSZN19
12-12-2019, 02:29 PM

I think Marks either winds up starting early in the year or he at least gets the majority of the carries. Idc if he’s a freshman, the kid is a special RB with the ball in his hands. If I had to guess what I think the split will be by the end of the season, I’d go:

Marks- 55%
Witherspoon- 30%
Walker- 15%

Cowbell
12-12-2019, 02:31 PM
This should help us recruiting wise however. Playing time playing time - lead the SEC - and then leave early

Coach34
12-12-2019, 02:32 PM
That’s a lot of pressure on a group with almost no experience

Irondawg
12-12-2019, 02:36 PM
going to be interesting for sure how the depth chart plays out. I like marks but I'm still not sold that RB is Dillon's best position but we'll see.

Wouldn't be the worst idea to try and find a grad transfer RB somehow that comes from a similar system as an insurance policy

DogsofAnarchy
12-12-2019, 02:38 PM
I think Marks either winds up starting early in the year or he at least gets the majority of the carries. Idc if he’s a freshman, the kid is a special RB with the ball in his hands. If I had to guess what I think the split will be by the end of the season, I’d go:

Marks- 55%
Witherspoon- 30%
Walker- 15%

So you think Marks can pick up all the checks and blocking schemes in this ridiculous offense? By the way, I thought we were getting a new OC.....oh well.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
12-12-2019, 02:43 PM
That’s a lot of pressure on a group with almost no experience

and without any WR's to spread the defense. What's the O-line looking like for next year?

Rex54
12-12-2019, 02:43 PM
5-7 in 2020

HailStateSZN19
12-12-2019, 02:45 PM
So you think Marks can pick up all the checks and blocking schemes in this ridiculous offense? By the way, I thought we were getting a new OC.....oh well.

I made it pretty clear in my post, yes I think Marks comes in and gets the majority of the carries. He’s too good to keep off the field. He’s going to get touches. And what are you talking about an OC in here for? Like we’d make that staff change before the bowl game? That’s ignorant. We’re not going to hire an OC *IF WE ARE GOING TO* before the bowl game. Who said we were for sure getting one? I’ve posted some ideas/opinions on here talking about *IF* we were to do that, don’t remember every saying “this is going to happen though”. I don’t have any inside sources to come on here and say “this is happening”. Nice try though.

Jack Lambert
12-12-2019, 02:55 PM
Why not just congratulate the guy and not make this a piss on Moorhead thread.

Matt3467
12-12-2019, 02:56 PM
For the first time in a long time, Joe will have to call his offense without an elite RB to carry him. Hope he adjusts

Elite? I wouldn't call Kylin elite. He was good but he had big flaws.

HoopsDawg
12-12-2019, 02:57 PM
As expected. Good luck Kylin!!!

Deep class of RBs this year.

parabrave
12-12-2019, 03:21 PM
Good Luck Kylin. I wouldn't blame you one bit if you decided to skip the bowl game. Heck if I was you agent I would insist that you skip it.

KOdawg1
12-12-2019, 03:34 PM

Led the SEC in rushing. Was our only source of offense vs. competent defenses.

msu15
12-12-2019, 03:35 PM
I might have to change my prediction on that NC State game now.

trojandawg
12-12-2019, 03:43 PM
it's going to be interesting not having experienced running backs in the backfield with Shrader. Passing will have to take a step up next year or it's going to be rough. Based on receivers coming back, that's not very promising. not sure if our freshmen running backs are quiet as good as Hill either in the same caliber. We shall see. in a year to be make or break for Moorhead's offense, it looks like he will have plenty of excuses to fall back on if it's not good. young inexperienced running backs and true sophomore qb.

Cooterpoot
12-12-2019, 03:48 PM
Bullock should have an offer and a visit.

TrapGame
12-12-2019, 03:49 PM
it's going to be interesting not having experienced running backs in the backfield with Shrader. Passing will have to take a step up next year or it's going to be rough. Based on receivers coming back, that's not very promising. not sure if our freshmen running backs are quiet as good as Hill either in the same caliber. We shall see. in a year to be make or break for Moorhead's offense, it looks like he will have plenty of excuses to fall back on if it's not good. young inexperienced running backs and true sophomore qb.

The offense will suck yet again and we will get more excuses in year three.

Coach34
12-12-2019, 03:51 PM
I won’t be surprised if we have one more declare as well

Liverpooldawg
12-12-2019, 03:53 PM
Why not just congratulate the guy and not make this a piss on Moorhead thread.

Agree. Good for Hill. Some of y'all are just classless.

ScoobaDawg
12-12-2019, 03:56 PM
Notes to watch for in the Bowl Game - Single Season potential records -

Currently tied for 1st place with 8 100-yard games in a season with Boobie and Fitz.
Currently at 4th place Single-season rushing yards at 1,347. Fitz's 2016 season total is 28 yards away for 3rd, JJ's 98 season is 36 away, and Bobbie's 2009 season is 44 yards away which is the record.
Hill has 235 rushes on the season. With his next rush he ties JJ and Aeris for 3rd most. Bobbie's 2009 season is 22 carries away for 2nd place. 1st place is Boobie's 07 season is out of reach at 52 rushes ahead.

Hill is currently averaging 112.2 YPG, that is the 3rd highest YPG in a single season just behind JJ's 98 season at 115.3 and Bobbie's 09 season at 126.5

Career -
2,474 rushing yards just surpassed JJ's 97-98 total, and is now in 9th place. Dak's at 8 and only 47 yards away. If Kylin has a decent game of 85 yards he would land at #6. He would have to have the game of his career to reach Michael Davis at #5 (247 yards ahead).

Just outside the Top 10 Career rushing attempts. Currently has 430, needs 23 more to tie JJ's 453 rushing attempts. 9th place is 53 away.
Has rushed for 100+ yards in 11 career games. that Put's him in 6th place. If he can grind out 100 yards one more time, he would be in a 3 way tie for 4th place with JJ and Walter Packer.

Interesting Note - Garrett is 29 yards away from tying John Bond's record for the most rushing yards by a freshman.

HailStateSZN19
12-12-2019, 03:59 PM
I won’t be surprised if we have one more declare as well

Only one more that it could be right? Errol already announced he's back so..... Willie really gonna declare now? Losing 3 out of the 4 that were contemplating it would be rough for next season....

gtowndawg
12-12-2019, 04:06 PM
Congrats to Kylin. It's the smart move. I would have advised him to do the same thing.

fader2103
12-12-2019, 04:12 PM
Is Kylin playing mind games? He deleted the tweet. Not that I expected him to stay for his senior season, but just odd that he deleted the tweet.

Liverpooldawg
12-12-2019, 05:17 PM
Is Kylin playing mind games? He deleted the tweet. Not that I expected him to stay for his senior season, but just odd that he deleted the tweet.

The university has released a letter to the fans from him. He is gone.

fader2103
12-12-2019, 05:20 PM
Ok. I haven't seen that. My bad

ShotgunDawg
12-12-2019, 05:23 PM
I won?t be surprised if we have one more declare as well

Would insinuate a pretty large lack of faith and leadership in the program if he leaves after playing in only 4 games and a ton of routes to improve his draft stock next year.

If Willie declares, I'm blaming that on Joe and Marve. Would be absurd for him to leave that much money on the table

Coach34
12-12-2019, 05:44 PM
Would insinuate a pretty large lack of faith and leadership in the program if he leaves after playing in only 4 games and a ton of routes to improve his draft stock next year.

If Willie declares, I'm blaming that on Joe and Marve. Would be absurd for him to leave that much money on the table

Between workouts and a Combine invite- he wouldn't be leaving that much on the table. He will climb up draft charts.

Leroy Jenkins
12-12-2019, 05:45 PM
"This Tweet Has Been Deleted"

Matt3467
12-12-2019, 05:51 PM
Led the SEC in rushing. Was our only source of offense vs. competent defenses.

Vs top 25: 48 attempts for 118 yds (2.45 avg) 1td, 6 receptions for 47 yds

Vs LSU, TN, AU, Bama: 59 attempts for 127 yds (2.15 avg) 1td, 6 receptions for 47 yds

Saying he was our offense vs competent defenses doesn't really hold water. When facing a competent defense he disappeared. Plus his pass blocking is horrible.

Coach34
12-12-2019, 05:57 PM
"This Tweet Has Been Deleted"

Official football twitter thanking him after he announced

https://twitter.com/HailStateFB/status/1205209146066231296

bulldawg28
12-12-2019, 06:04 PM
Between workouts and a Combine invite- he wouldn't be leaving that much on the table. He will climb up draft charts.

Yep. After this bowl game it may push him towards leaving the more. He's a baller!

bulldawg28
12-12-2019, 06:51 PM
Congrats to Hill if he's actually gone which he should. However, MSU has always had a legitimate RB. I don't expect that to change.

defiantdog
12-12-2019, 07:24 PM
Hill should go...... he's a running back..... he's got a short shelf life. I'm afraid willie gay may be next though.

Percho
12-12-2019, 07:30 PM

I wonder if just one of them can block?

Maroonthirteen
12-12-2019, 08:17 PM
Witherspoon will be a good player. He averaged 4.7 yards a carry. We will be fine at RB.

chef dixon
12-12-2019, 08:31 PM
Ours guys nuts better drop quick next season

Coach34
12-12-2019, 08:33 PM
Witherspoon will be a good player. He averaged 4.7 yards a carry. We will be fine at RB.

in garbage time against back-ups from other teams when the game was out of hand. Didn't play 1 play this season with a game in doubt

Leroy Jenkins
12-12-2019, 09:11 PM

No, you don't understand. We are fvcked fold up the tailgating tents and set up the county fair in the parking lot next year. Maybe turn DWS into a every-other-Saturday swap meet with used car car parts on one side and hippies selling their wares on the other. Melancholy and the infinite sadness.

Todd4State
12-12-2019, 09:21 PM
I've honestly never seen a fan base that focuses on running backs blocking as much as MSU fans. It's sort of weird.

Congrats Kylin whatever you decide.

Political Hack
12-12-2019, 09:25 PM
Congrats to him. He's going to be a great nfl RB.

Commercecomet24
12-12-2019, 10:11 PM
Congrats to Kylin! Glad he's decided to play in the bowl game!

ShotgunDawg
12-12-2019, 10:43 PM

Completely disagree. Not how it works

ShotgunDawg
12-12-2019, 10:44 PM
Yep. After this bowl game it may push him towards leaving the more. He's a baller!

It just doesn't work like this. It's hard to say how much higher he could climb after the bowl game, but it'll be a good bit. There simply isn't any film of him vs the best teams.

The analytics will destroy him.

DeputyDawg94
12-12-2019, 10:59 PM
Good for him. He needs to make his $ now. I’m glad he decided to play in the bowl game.
His decision definitely makes next year a lot tougher.

Liverpooldawg
12-12-2019, 11:04 PM
All of y'all holding out hope he stays, forget it. The University released a farewell letter from him. This was expected and I hope it works out very well for him. He is and always will be a Dawg. He carried us this year and we should never, ever forget that. He is also playing in the bowl game. That speaks volumes for him.

somebodyshotmypaw
12-12-2019, 11:41 PM
Kylin has some wiggle, can break tackles, has a good body, has good balance, and can be a good blocker if he wants to be.

Kylin doesn't have great speed, doesn't always have good vision, tries to hit too many homeruns, doesn't want to block, won't scare you as a pass catcher.

Bothrops
12-13-2019, 12:27 AM
RB by committee next year, someone should eventually whip the bull. I'm more worried about WR. Much more worried.

Todd4State
12-13-2019, 01:36 AM
RB by committee next year, someone should eventually whip the bull. I'm more worried about WR. Much more worried.

I'd go after a JUCO back if I was MSU. Hopefully we can find Vick Ballard 2.0.

BhamDawg205
12-13-2019, 02:57 AM

And the scouts saw them to. But don't think he could have raised his stock coming back another year, not in this cluster 17 offense. Good luck Kylin and keep grinding

BhamDawg205
12-13-2019, 03:03 AM
Vs top 25: 48 attempts for 118 yds (2.45 avg) 1td, 6 receptions for 47 yds

Vs LSU, TN, AU, Bama: 59 attempts for 127 yds (2.15 avg) 1td, 6 receptions for 47 yds

Saying he was our offense vs competent defenses doesn't really hold water. When facing a competent defense he disappeared. Plus his pass blocking is horrible.

Ok that's what I saw... But Joe's RPO run blocking schemes suck in his defense. They only seemed to work against teams were could out talent.

BhamDawg205
12-13-2019, 03:07 AM
I've honestly never seen a fan base that focuses on running backs blocking as much as MSU fans. It's sort of weird.

Well in Joe's offense RBs have to block. We saw the difference Aries vs Kylin on pass plays. I know Fitz had a preference who blocked his blindside.

bulldawg28
12-13-2019, 03:07 AM
It just doesn't work like this. It's hard to say how much higher he could climb after the bowl game, but it'll be a good bit. There simply isn't any film of him vs the best teams.

The analytics will destroy him.

It's exactly how it goes and they do have film on him. His best game was against Bama when they were unstoppable. His body of work is a NFL starter. The analytics are the exact reason why he'll make an NFL roster and start within 2 years.

Cowbell
12-13-2019, 04:20 AM
in garbage time against back-ups from other teams when the game was out of hand. Didn't play 1 play this season with a game in doubt

This is definitely one thing Joe does not do well at all. He does a poor job at getting players quality experience before they are needed unless his hand is forced.

ShotgunDawg
12-13-2019, 07:54 AM
It's exactly how it goes and they do have film on him. His best game was against Bama when they were unstoppable. His body of work is a NFL starter. The analytics are the exact reason why he'll make an NFL roster and start within 2 years.

You talking about Gay or Hill?

KentuckyDawg13
12-13-2019, 07:57 AM
Walker will have a much bigger impact.

Matt3467
12-13-2019, 08:49 AM
His predecessor Aeris Williams was a better complete back.

Dawgology
12-13-2019, 08:53 AM
Joe?s offense next year without an SEC rb and any SEC caliber WR?s is going to be....LOL!!! On the other hand our Defense should be alright with all the experience the young guys got this year. Starting to notice a trend though.

BhamDawg205
12-13-2019, 09:40 AM
Joe?s offense next year without an SEC rb and any SEC caliber WR?s is going to be....LOL!!! On the other hand our Defense should be alright with all the experience the young guys got this year. Starting to notice a trend though.

Just hope we get a better S&C coach... Because the defense is gonna need it.

Cloak
12-13-2019, 10:01 AM
Delete

RiverCityDawg
12-13-2019, 11:08 AM
His predecessor Aeris Williams was a better complete back.

That's a ridiculous hot take. Aeris was a much better pass protector, but otherwise was not better than Kylin at a single thing. Kylin is faster, quicker, bigger, stronger, has better vision and has much better hands.

There is a reason Kylin is leaving early and about to get drafted whereas Aeris didn't even get a legitimate look at the NFL, nor a spot in the the AAF or XFL. Aeris was a good Bulldog, tough as nails and an adequate college running back.

bigplayslay
12-13-2019, 11:13 AM
That's a ridiculous hot take. Aeris was a much better pass protector, but otherwise was not better than Kylin at a single thing. Kylin is faster, quicker, bigger, stronger, has better vision and has much better hands.

There is a reason Kylin is leaving early and about to get drafted whereas Aeris didn't even get a legitimate look at the NFL, nor a spot in the the AAF or XFL. Aeris was a good Bulldog, tough as nails and an adequate college running back.

Kylin is also AP All SEC First Team (first one since Boobie) and Coaches' All SEC Second Team.

Maroonthirteen
12-13-2019, 11:13 AM

Is this the Out of Bounds take that State will swallow hook line and sinker?

Allow me to retort positives...
I wish Hill the best but we won?t be trying to replace Bo Jackson or Hershel Walker. Kareem Walker and Lee Witherspoon will be good backs. If we get Malik Heath on campus... he will easily replace Quidry. Also Mitchell, Williams, Jason And Payton is a good group of returnees with experience. They?ll get better and better. Jones will fill in at TE nicely.

The QB position shouldn?t be a big distraction this off season and into camp. Shrader is the guy and will get better over the spring and offseason.

Cowbell
12-13-2019, 11:23 AM

I wish Hill the best but we won?t be trying to replace Bo Jackson or Hershel Walker. Kareem Walker and Lee Witherspoon will be good backs. If we get Malik Heath on campus... he will easily replace Quidry. Also Mitchell, Williams, Jason And Payton is a good group of returnees with experience. They?ll get better and better. Jones will fill in at TE nicely.

The QB position shouldn?t be a big distraction this off season and into camp. Shrader is the guy and will get better over the spring and offseason.

I honestly hate to say this. But you are pumping sunshine here.

RiverCityDawg
12-13-2019, 11:43 AM

People acting like it's a sure thing Witherspoon, Walker or Marks can step right in for Kylin reminds me of when people thought Shumpert, Williams or Lee would step right in for Josh Robinson. It's not that easy, folks.

Never mind all of the sunshine you just pumped about the talent being "as good", what about the massive upgrade needed in preparation, game planning, execution, precision, "singleness of purpose" and all that other crap Joe talks about that we rarely see?

It's all hope at this point. You can call it "Out of Bounds" take or whatever but it's really just going off of what we have actually seen versus what you hope will happen.

Maroonthirteen
12-13-2019, 12:05 PM
Well, none of us can do anything about Moorhead’s coaching at the moment. I have my questions about it but I’ve accepted he will be the coach next year. You can wallow in self misery and say the sky is falling or call the glass half full (sunshine pumping).

We have some good Olinemen coming back. Witherspoon looked fast, strong and quick in limited carriers. But I digress. Y’all just want to be miserable.

Liverpooldawg
12-13-2019, 12:10 PM

You evidently didn't get the memo. Nothing positive is allowed here.

TrapGame
12-13-2019, 12:20 PM
I get why KH wants to go pro but I think he would do himself a huge favor coming back next year. He was really coming into his own late in the season. I think one more season to hone his skills could make him a couple million dollars more.

RiverCityDawg
12-13-2019, 12:33 PM
Well, none of us can do anything about Moorhead’s coaching at the moment. I have my questions about it but I’ve accepted he will be the coach next year. You can wallow in self misery and say the sky is falling or call the glass half full (sunshine pumping).

We have some good Olinemen coming back. Witherspoon looked fast, strong and quick in limited carriers. But I digress. Y’all just want to be miserable.

Not wallowing or miserable, just addressing your assertion that pointing out concerns about the offense next year is some sort of "Out of Bounds take" when it's actually just based on our results so far.

Just like how many fans (including myself at times!) didn't think the defense would fall too far back after losing all the talent we did because "the young DT's will be solid enough, the ends are great, the linebackers are the best in the SEC, both corners are great and the safeties are faster", I'm not falling into that trap for our offense next year when we weren't even good this year.

The sky is not falling, but based on what we've seen it's sure more likely to fall than it is to stay up. There's literally no evidence to the contrary we will be better, just hope. There ARE some good things, many of which you touched on, but in total it's just an assumption to say it will be a sum gain.

Commercecomet24
12-13-2019, 01:21 PM
All of y'all holding out hope he stays, forget it. The University released a farewell letter from him. This was expected and I hope it works out very well for him. He is and always will be a Dawg. He carried us this year and we should never, ever forget that. He is also playing in the bowl game. That speaks volumes for him.

I'm so glad Kylin decided to play in the Bowl game. It means a lot to fans and more importantly to his teammates! I wish him the best in the bowl game and the nfl!

R2Dawg
12-13-2019, 02:12 PM

Every player has flaws. I would call a guy who led SEC in rushing with 1400yards an elite back.

R2Dawg
12-13-2019, 02:15 PM
Congrats to Hill if he's actually gone which he should. However, MSU has always had a legitimate RB. I don't expect that to change.

Agree with that. It is rare for MSU not to have a real good RB. It is in Miss football DNA to have good RBs.

R2Dawg
12-13-2019, 02:18 PM
Hill should go...... he's a running back..... he's got a short shelf life. I'm afraid willie gay may be next though.

Agree, we need Gay back. Gay needs to come back too. 4 games wasn't enough exposure to make enough impact although his pro day likely turns some heads if he does. Gay is key to our D for next year as our young DL grows up a little more.

R2Dawg
12-13-2019, 02:19 PM

Hah, agree. The Mullen effect.

R2Dawg
12-13-2019, 02:20 PM

True and big difference. Apples and oranges comparison, just like with our total O numbers.

R2Dawg
12-13-2019, 02:25 PM
I'd go after a JUCO back if I was MSU. Hopefully we can find Vick Ballard 2.0.

If Vic 2.0 is out there, absolutely. Vic ran hard with passion. Stud RB and very under rated.

Another Juco that I loved was James Johnson, another bad dude. I can still see and hear that pancake on the Memphis DB on the corner as JJ planted that foot. JJ could run over some people. That was Jackie ball at its finest.

Matt3467
12-13-2019, 03:16 PM

Aeris was faster than Kylin. Aeris came out of HS running a 4.5 while Hill was 4.64 and watching him this year it's not hard to believe since he couldn't outrun anyone. Kylin is definitely more agile but they were both about the same size but I'd agree Kylin certainly looks stronger. Vision was actually one of William's pros coming out of college while it's an area Hill needs work on and that's per scouts. Hill definitely has the better hands by a long shot. Pass protection isn't even close and goes to Aeris by a longshot. Williams was a more durable back. Hill was fragile and seeing him take a hit made me cringe. How many times have we seen Hill limp off the field during his time here?

Kylin has completely disappeared in big games for us this year and the same was true last year. 13 rush yards vs Tenn is completely ridiculous. All his yardage came vs mediocre at best run defenses with the exception of maybe A&M that may be slightly better than mediocre but we were playing behind the entire game and that tends to open up opportunities in the run game. Ole Miss and Ark played historically bad defense this year and 400 of his yards came vs them. I've seen him miss block after block and at times not even make an effort to block a guy last year and this year.

Yes I stand by my statement that Williams was better complete back than Hill. Hill has more potential but because of his stat sheet catching the eyes of scouts he'll get drafted and get a shot. I trusted having Williams in the backfield more.

Matt3467
12-13-2019, 03:20 PM
Kylin is also AP All SEC First Team (first one since Boobie) and Coaches' All SEC Second Team.

Of course he is. No way the leading rusher in the SEC doesn't get accolades. He racked his numbers up against mediocre at best defenses. The SEC West is probably more lopsided than ever at the moment 3 of the worst defenses in the country at the bottom.

RiverCityDawg
12-13-2019, 04:13 PM
Aeris was faster than Kylin. Aeris came out of HS running a 4.5 while Hill was 4.64 and watching him this year it's not hard to believe since he couldn't outrun anyone. Kylin is definitely more agile but they were both about the same size but I'd agree Kylin certainly looks stronger. Vision was actually one of William's pros coming out of college while it's an area Hill needs work on and that's per scouts. Hill definitely has the better hands by a long shot. Pass protection isn't even close and goes to Aeris by a longshot. Williams was a more durable back. Hill was fragile and seeing him take a hit made me cringe. How many times have we seen Hill limp off the field during his time here?

Kylin has completely disappeared in big games for us this year and the same was true last year. 13 rush yards vs Tenn is completely ridiculous. All his yardage came vs mediocre at best run defenses with the exception of maybe A&M that may be slightly better than mediocre but we were playing behind the entire game and that tends to open up opportunities in the run game. Ole Miss and Ark played historically bad defense this year and 400 of his yards came vs them. I've seen him miss block after block and at times not even make an effort to block a guy last year and this year.

Yes I stand by my statement that Williams was better complete back than Hill. Hill has more potential but because of his stat sheet catching the eyes of scouts he'll get drafted and get a shot. I trusted having Williams in the backfield more.

C'mon man, Aeris never ran a 4.5 in his life that a family member didn't hand time. Just not him. Heck, I bet he himself wouldn't even say he's faster than Kylin. Don't get me wrong, Kylin is no speed demon.

And yes, Kylin would come up lame at times, but every time this year he came right back out there and kept going. He took a lot of hits and will run for more yards than any other, even in a crap offense.

Our offense as a whole disappeared against good teams, I'm not pinning that on Kylin. He probably could have gotten more yards against UT by plugging ahead instead of trying to make too much happen, but our OL was getting whipped inexplicably that game.

Finally, if you think scouts are just scrolling the stat sheets to see who they want to draft you are sadly mistaken. That's not how any of this works. Even if it did, Aeris ran for 1100 yards one season in the SEC... Why didn't that catch their eyes? These are professional evaluators of talent. They get it wrong at times sure, but there's no comparison in this case hence the disparity between how they are viewed.

I hate this discussion because it forces me to talk negatively against a good Bulldog who played very hard for my team, so I'm going to move on after this and we'll agree to disagree. Aeris wasn't bad by any stretch, and you are right about one thing - he was a heck of a pass blocker his senior year.

dawgday166
12-13-2019, 04:16 PM

Go watch Bama, LSU, Ga, Fl. There's reasons why they are at the top of the league and this is one of them.

dawgday166
12-13-2019, 04:19 PM
Kylin has some wiggle, can break some tackles, has a good body, has good balance, and can be a good blocker if he wants to be.

Kylin doesn't have great speed, doesn't always have good vision, tries to hit too many homeruns, doesn't want to block, won't scare you as a pass catcher.

Minor tweak above. Depends on how elite the player is doing the tackling. Meaning NFL caliber secondary and he's down. He's a less elite Trent Richardson IMO.

BeardoMSU
12-13-2019, 04:50 PM
Of course he is. No way the leading rusher in the SEC doesn't get accolades. He racked his numbers up against mediocre at best defenses. The SEC West is probably more lopsided than ever at the moment 3 of the worst defenses in the country at the bottom.

Did Boobie get AP 1st team his senior year? Cant remember. I do remember he was the SEC leading rusher through the regular season, despite Mark winning the heisman...

ShotgunDawg
12-13-2019, 05:01 PM

And he'll go in the 4th round if he comes out this year & the 1st or 2nd if he comes out next year

Matt3467
12-13-2019, 05:04 PM
Did Boobie get AP 1st team his senior year? Cant remember. I do remember he was the SEC leading rusher through the regular season, despite Mark winning the heisman...

He was 1st team all SEC and Conerly trophy winner in 2009.

Matt3467
12-13-2019, 05:07 PM
C'mon man, Aeris never ran a 4.5 in his life that a family member didn't hand time. Just not him. Heck, I bet he himself wouldn't even say he's faster than Kylin. Don't get me wrong, Kylin is no speed demon.

And yes, Kylin would come up lame at times, but every time this year he came right back out there and kept going. He took a lot of hits and will run for more yards than any other, even in a crap offense.

Our offense as a whole disappeared against good teams, I'm not pinning that on Kylin. He probably could have gotten more yards against UT by plugging ahead instead of trying to make too much happen, but our OL was getting whipped inexplicably that game.

Finally, if you think scouts are just scrolling the stat sheets to see who they want to draft you are sadly mistaken. That's not how any of this works. Even if it did, Aeris ran for 1100 yards one season in the SEC... Why didn't that catch their eyes? These are professional evaluators of talent. They get it wrong at times sure, but there's no comparison in this case hence the disparity between how they are viewed.

I hate this discussion because it forces me to talk negatively against a good Bulldog who played very hard for my team, so I'm going to move on after this and we'll agree to disagree. Aeris wasn't bad by any stretch, and you are right about one thing - he was a heck of a pass blocker his senior year.

That was Williams "verified" 40 time by 247 coming out of High School.

ShotgunDawg
12-13-2019, 07:36 PM
Moorhead said tonight that Kylin and Dantzler both declared for the draft but neither have received their draft grade back.

Guess is doesn't matter to them.

Coach34
12-13-2019, 07:40 PM
Moorhead said tonight that Kylin and Dantzler both declared for the draft but neither have received their draft grade back.

Guess is doesn't matter to them.

Exactly- some guys are ready to play for money. Gay is in that boat also. I'm hearing he wants to go- people trying to convince him to stay. We'll see. I expect him to declare but will be happy if he stays obviously.

Todd4State
12-13-2019, 07:59 PM
Go watch Bama, LSU, Ga, Fl. There's reasons why they are at the top of the league and this is one of them.

It rings hollow when past coaches use it as a crutch to justify starting a Brandon Holloway over an Aeris Williams. Especially when we are a run first team traditionally. Meaning we want the better runner in since that’s what we are doing most of the time.

Another player who had trouble in college with blocking assignments- Walter Payton. Blocking can be taught but I don’t value it over offensive production at running back.

Todd4State
12-13-2019, 08:00 PM
Exactly- some guys are ready to play for money. Gay is in that boat also. I'm hearing he wants to go- people trying to convince him to stay. We'll see. I expect him to declare but will be happy if he stays obviously.

Willie Gay making a poor decision? Imagine that?**

timotheus
12-13-2019, 08:03 PM
I truly wish Kylin the best of luck in the future but I also truly believe that if Nick had the exact same carries this season that he'd have the same numbers.

Biguglyjoe
12-13-2019, 08:12 PM
If Vic 2.0 is out there, absolutely. Vic ran hard with passion. Stud RB and very under rated.

Another Juco that I loved was James Johnson, another bad dude. I can still see and hear that pancake on the Memphis DB on the corner as JJ planted that foot. JJ could run over some people. That was Jackie ball at its finest.

Vick was awesome and one of my favorites. I challenge anybody to remember a run he was caught from behind on. Didn't happen. He kicked ass and was humble about it.

BB30
12-13-2019, 08:24 PM
Not wallowing or miserable, just addressing your assertion that pointing out concerns about the offense next year is some sort of "Out of Bounds take" when it's actually just based on our results so far.

Just like how many fans (including myself at times!) didn't think the defense would fall too far back after losing all the talent we did because "the young DT's will be solid enough, the ends are great, the linebackers are the best in the SEC, both corners are great and the safeties are faster", I'm not falling into that trap for our offense next year when we weren't even good this year.

The sky is not falling, but based on what we've seen it's sure more likely to fall than it is to stay up. There's literally no evidence to the contrary we will be better, just hope. There ARE some good things, many of which you touched on, but in total it's just an assumption to say it will be a sum gain.

The defense wouldn?t have fallen nearly as far back as they did had we not had the suspensions and injuries that we had. Gay and Murphy alone would have made that unit quite a bit better.

R2Dawg
12-13-2019, 08:25 PM
I truly wish Kylin the best of luck in the future but I also truly believe that if Nick had the exact same carries this season that he'd have the same numbers.

Not sure what Nicks numbers would have been but they would have been real good. He is maybe one of best backup backs in MSU history.

Todd4State
12-13-2019, 09:59 PM

IF we can improve our S&C even marginally it will help us in all phases of the game.

We have a lot of question marks but the reality is we probably won't be as bad or as good as we could be in either direction.

QB- How much will Shrader improve? He does some very impressive things so far both passing and running and is a big reason why we won the Egg Bowl and probably should have started over Tommy after the USM game. I think the Tutor Gate stuff cost us K-State probably but I think not starting Shrader cost us Tennessee.

RB- Is Marks really ready? I think he will be good but he's still a freshman. How much will Witherspoon progress? The reality is we probably need to use both as a two running back system at least initially unless Marks separates himself which is hardly a given.

WR- Starting Payton over Guidry is an improvement but we really need Heath to be solid and get about 500 yards receiving at least. Not sure what we will do with slot receiver but I think Austin Williams could be good there. Walley could be a sleeper and surprise us all as a freshman. I think knowing that Shrader is the guy will help the passing game next year because then they can build rapport in the offseason.

TE- Dontae Jones should be starting over Farrod right now.

OL- Have to replace Williams and Phillips at our two most important spots but we do have four seniors who have all started and then a RS freshman who was a five star recruit and a RS sophomore who was a four star recruit to work with. It's more about putting the pieces of the puzzle together at this point.

DL- Should be better but it depends on how much Davis and Lawson help us out in year one which is question mark. DL should be a strength next year with Spencer, Kobe Jones, Pickering, Lovett, and Crumedy returning.

LB- We'll see what Gay does but Thompson is a fifth year senior and then it depends on how quickly Wheat adjusts. If Gay goes pro I bet we see a lot of Aaron Brule.

CB- We'll miss Dantzler but Emerson, Jones, and William have all played a lot and should be better next year.

S- Murphy should be very good and we missed him this year. Really need to find a Nickoe Whitley type of safety that put the fear of God into people. I would say Abrams but he was a special player that's hard to find. Could Forbes or Dean play safety and be good right away? We'll see.

K/P- Should be fine with Christmann and Day.

bulldawg28
12-13-2019, 10:23 PM
Not sure what Nicks numbers would have been but they would have been real good. He is maybe one of best backup backs in MSU history.

Agreed if not more yards. Kylin dances and tries to bounce outside. He leaves yards on the field. Gibson is tougher to tackle and runs to daylight.

Cowbell
12-13-2019, 11:04 PM
Agreed if not more yards. Kylin dances and tries to bounce outside. He leaves yards on the field. Gibson is tougher to tackle and runs to daylight.

Gibson was done a disservice by this staff - he deserved and earned a heavier load than he got.

Cowbell
12-13-2019, 11:07 PM

Dude I am right there with ya - it?s sad he has been forgotten in all this

Todd4State
12-13-2019, 11:11 PM
Gibson was done a disservice by this staff - he deserved and earned a heavier load than he got.

The scheme did him a disservice. That's why we should use two back sets more.

timotheus
12-14-2019, 01:12 AM
And that was the whole point of having a guru who could out scheme defenses......ole 2 less Joe, always win bout 2 less than he should

bulldawg28
12-14-2019, 04:49 AM

Yep

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
12-15-2019, 08:33 AM
Did Hill delete the tweet because he changed his mind on playing in the bowl game? I saw where Cam Akers declared and won't be playing in theirs.

bulldawg28
12-15-2019, 08:50 AM
Did Hill delete the tweet because he changed his mind on playing in the bowl game? I saw where Cam Akers declared and won't be playing in theirs.

He's already said he's playing in the game