PDA

View Full Version : No one hired the ULL coach?

Jack Lambert
12-10-2019, 08:17 PM
Just curious.

Johnson85
12-10-2019, 08:29 PM
He’s still only been a head coach two years. If he has a good year next year, he’ll be a hot commodity. If he has another two good years, he will be able to be picky for P5 HC Jobs. .

Cooterpoot
12-10-2019, 08:35 PM
It’s cause he’s got that agreement with us.*

Dawgtini
12-10-2019, 09:21 PM
It’s cause he’s got that agreement with us.*

ED Zachery!!!

parabrave
12-10-2019, 09:58 PM
Just curious.

What about that guy at Austin Peay?

R2Dawg
12-11-2019, 02:32 PM
He’s still only been a head coach two years. If he has a good year next year, he’ll be a hot commodity. If he has another two good years, he will be able to be picky for P5 HC Jobs. .

Yep that trouncing in his conf game didn't help any either.

Mjoelner34
12-11-2019, 02:43 PM

???

They got beat by 7 and the only TD App State had in the 2nd half was a 16yd pick-6 which turned out to be the difference.

BhamDawg205
12-11-2019, 02:47 PM
???

They got beat by 7 and the only TD App State had in the 2nd half was a 16yd pick-6 which turned out to be the difference.

That's the game I saw... ULL made halftime adjustments. ULL could have packed it in, but they didn't. That's what a good coach does, motivate and adjust. How I wish we... Never mind

the_real_MSU_is_us
12-11-2019, 02:54 PM

He inherited a 5-7 team that hadn't made a bowl in 3 years and was on probation. In year 2, he's 10-3 with his only loses coming to a SEC team and App State.

That's way more impressive to me than the App States guys resume: he took over a 11-2 team that was coming off 3 straight 10+ win seasons, and has gone 12-1 in 1 year. He didnt build anything, he didnt fix anything. He inherited a really really good program and team and has them 1 game better than their usual. We know nothing of his ability to build culture, spot talent, recruit, handle adversity, or anything else long term.

DownwardDawg
12-11-2019, 03:02 PM
He inherited a 5-7 team that hadn't made a bowl in 3 years and was on probation. In year 2, he's 10-3 with his only loses coming to a SEC team and App State.

That's way more impressive to me than the App States guys resume: he took over a 11-2 team that was coming off 3 straight 10+ win seasons, and has gone 12-1 in 1 year. He didnt build anything, he didnt fix anything. He inherited a really really good program and team and has them 1 game better than their usual. We know nothing of his ability to build culture, spot talent, recruit, handle adversity, or anything else long term.

This 100%. There is no comparison between the two if you ask me.

Rex54
12-11-2019, 03:03 PM
November 2020

NeuteredDawg
12-11-2019, 03:18 PM
According to sources, he had to keep a few other schools warm while we were negotiating the buyout with Moorhead on the afternoon of the egg bowl. He and his S&C coach, OL coach and Special Teams coordinator were all packed and ready to come to Starkville that Friday afternoon for a presser prior to Cohen getting cold feet.

Just ask anyone here.

R2Dawg
12-11-2019, 05:24 PM

No debating that just saying that may be reason some cooled, not saying I agree or think that is right.

OLJWales
12-11-2019, 08:14 PM
He's waiting on us getting our asses kicked in Nashville which will flip a few cigar boys and then it will be a done deal. ****

Randolph Dupree
12-11-2019, 08:33 PM
He's waiting on us getting our asses kicked in Nashville which will flip a few cigar boys and then it will be a done deal. ****

I wouldn't be shocked if that happens

viverlibre
12-11-2019, 09:47 PM
According to sources, he had to keep a few other schools warm while we were negotiating the buyout with Moorhead on the afternoon of the egg bowl. He and his S&C coach, OL coach and Special Teams coordinator were all packed and ready to come to Starkville that Friday afternoon for a presser prior to Cohen getting cold feet.

Just ask anyone here.

Haha, beat it was hell on Cohen getting out of that signed contract!

Homedawg
12-11-2019, 09:57 PM
I wouldn't be shocked if that happens

Please stop w this. If we lose the bowl he's not getting fired. The decision to keep him, and I disagree w it, has been made for the year. I'll hope he improves....

timotheus
12-11-2019, 10:07 PM
I agree homedawg. Heck, daffy duck could win 6 games at MSU next season and Joe will also which means he's here for 2021

HoopsDawg
12-11-2019, 10:56 PM
Norvell didn't get hired 2 years ago either. Now he's the head coach at FSU.

Cowbell
12-12-2019, 12:26 AM
Please stop w this. If we lose the bowl he's not getting fired. The decision to keep him, and I disagree w it, has been made for the year. I'll hope he improves....

You keep saying this and I’m sure you know. But if we get embarrassed, their will be a rising tide of alums again. As you know.

Todd4State
12-12-2019, 01:58 AM
I agree homedawg. Heck, daffy duck could win 6 games at MSU next season and Joe will also which means he's here for 2021

Winning six isn't the issue. It's going to be can he win 8.

RiverCityDawg
12-12-2019, 06:52 AM
Winning six isn't the issue. It's going to be can he win 8.

I don't think he'll have to win 8 to save his job another year though. 6 including the Egg will probably do it, 7 will for sure.

To your point, if he can't win 8 next year with this schedule I don't know that he'll ever win 8 again before he's eventually let go. Maybe we'll judge him on that basis sort of like Missouri did with Odom.

timotheus
12-12-2019, 08:26 AM
I'll stick with my proposal for the first 4 games next season. If we aren't 4-0 after those games, just cut hi loose before the A&M game. Doing this will solve embarrassing issue later in the season and we mite find somebody on the staff who actually can call plays.

TrapGame
12-12-2019, 09:14 AM
I'll stick with my proposal for the first 4 games next season. If we aren't 4-0 after those games, just cut hi loose before the A&M game. Doing this will solve embarrassing issue later in the season and we mite find somebody on the staff who actually can call plays.

If he goes to NC State in game two and lays a turd like at Tennessee he needs to be fired immediately.

Cowbell
12-12-2019, 02:29 PM
If he goes to NC State in game two and lays a turd like at Tennessee he needs to be fired immediately.

Yes. Yes. Yes. And he needs to know that today.

trojandawg
12-12-2019, 04:02 PM
Well with the Hill news. We will have a Walkers, Marks, and Witherspoon at running back next year. True Sophomore QB, and some changes on the line where we will lose experience there. our receiving corps doesn't look like it's going to be much better next year. So for it to be the make or break year to get to 6-6 or better more like 8. i just don't see that happening. Our running game was the offense this year. Mostly hill. With him gone it's all on Shraders shoulders. Unless our receivers get a lot better, We will be seeing Shrader tote the rock a lot next year.