PDA

View Full Version : Brian Baker

ShotgunDawg
12-10-2019, 05:59 PM
Rumor is that Bama may be firing him.

What joke....I know Byron Young likely still goes to Bama, but I would've at least liked to see what would've happened if his visit was sabotaged

Would you take him back or did Deke satisfy you?

bulldawg28
12-10-2019, 06:03 PM
We could use him in some capacity.

AROB44
12-10-2019, 06:03 PM
Take him back in a heartbeat.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-10-2019, 06:06 PM

What joke....I know Byron Young likely still goes to Bama, but I would've at least liked to see what would've happened if his visit was sabotaged

Yes I would

Cooterpoot
12-10-2019, 07:01 PM
We don’t need him.

msbulldog
12-10-2019, 07:24 PM
Good Man, Great Coach, hell yeah take him back.

Homedawg
12-10-2019, 07:26 PM
Baker isn't an elite recruiter. So at bama when you aren't elite at that, and your DL is not up to snuff for bama standards, your job becomes in jeopardy.

msbulldog
12-10-2019, 07:26 PM
Good Man, Great Coach, hell yeah take him back.

But if I had to make a choice, I'd get Jacob Peeler for the recruiting.

Turfdawg67
12-10-2019, 07:57 PM
Screw him, let him go back to HS where we rescued him before dumping us.

Ari Gold
12-10-2019, 08:02 PM
Deke is a better recruiter, and is much more stable hire.. not a MSU lifer but Miss is his home..
when it comes to coaching, I think Deke did a helluva job with this very young and thin group. DL got better and better . Let’s see what Deke can do with a few more weapons and experience next year...

bobcat91
12-10-2019, 08:05 PM
Deke is a better recruiter, and is much more stable hire.. not a MSU lifer but Miss is his home..
when it comes to coaching, I think Deke did a helluva job with this very young and thin group. DL got better and better . Let’s see what Deke can do with a few more weapons and experience next year...

This. Baker left us high and dry. He can live with his decision.

MaroonFlounder
12-10-2019, 08:08 PM
I thought the 3 young interior D-Linemen got better and better the last 5 games of the season.
Pickering especially. Lovett and Crumedy were limiting the run game.

bulldawg28
12-10-2019, 08:32 PM

I agree with the assessment. However, I still wouldn't be opposed to letting Baker coach ends.

Scared_Hitless
12-10-2019, 08:40 PM
I think Baker is a better coach, but Deke did a good job this season after early woes plus he is a better recruiter. Let Baker deal with his choice we tried to pay Bama money to keep him. Sometimes grass isnt greener.

BeastMan
12-10-2019, 09:19 PM

Agreed. I'd keep Deke. The freshmen DTs got progressively better as the year went on.

TheLostDawg
12-10-2019, 09:51 PM
I think Baker is a better coach, but Deke did a good job this season after early woes plus he is a better recruiter. Let Baker deal with his choice we tried to pay Bama money to keep him. Sometimes grass isnt greener.

Agree. Deke might not be a lifer but obviously Baker wasn't either.

MoreCowbell
12-10-2019, 10:08 PM
Baker isn't an elite recruiter. So at bama when you aren't elite at that, and your DL is not up to snuff for bama standards, your job becomes in jeopardy.

He was the main reason we got Simmons. While he was here our DL talent was legit.

HaggardDawg
12-10-2019, 10:12 PM
He was the main reason we got Simmons. While he was here our DL talent was legit.

We got Simmons because of David Turner.

WinningIsRelentless
12-10-2019, 11:33 PM

That?s funny because Sweat would tell you Grantham taught him everything and he learned nothing from Baker.

MarketingBully
12-11-2019, 12:21 AM
In all honesty, Huff didn’t improve their running game either. I’d give both hires Saban hired away from us (Baker and Huff) a D-. The staff they were on was the first one that didn’t make the playoff.

sonof34
12-11-2019, 01:20 AM
when it comes to coaching, I think Deke did a helluva job with this very young and thin group. DL got better and better . Let?s see what Deke can do with a few more weapons and experience next year...

Saw him at the beginning of the year and asked him about the D-line...kept it real and said they were young but had promise...Brian can go ask Dan for a job

MoreCowbell
12-11-2019, 02:15 AM
We got Simmons because of David Turner.

Look up behind the scenes of that signing day. Baker was on phone with Simmons allll day u til decision. Broke down in tears when he told he was going to be a dawg. Mullen told him “congrats”(Baker)

MoreCowbell
12-11-2019, 02:17 AM
That?s funny because Sweat would tell you Grantham taught him everything and he learned nothing from Baker.

Oh because I def said Sweat and not Simmons

MafiaDawg
12-11-2019, 02:57 AM
Look up behind the scenes of that signing day. Baker was on phone with Simmons allll day u til decision. Broke down in tears when he told he was going to be a dawg. Mullen told him “congrats”(Baker)

Wrong

MoreCowbell
12-11-2019, 05:55 AM
Wrong

Can you prove I?m wrong?

MoreCowbell
12-11-2019, 05:57 AM
Wrong

Neverming you’re right got the two of them mixed up

HaggardDawg
12-11-2019, 07:21 PM

That was David Turner. Baker wasn't even on staff.

Homedawg
12-11-2019, 07:28 PM
Neverming you’re right got the two of them mixed up

Well at least you gave up after 3 hunker downs....

Spiderman
12-11-2019, 09:03 PM

Take him back. He's not a big recruiter, but he can coach. Would have to off set it by firing Jones and bringing in a recruiter at another position.

MoreCowbell
12-11-2019, 10:01 PM
Well at least you gave up after 3 hunker downs....

Hey, it happens