Lance Harbor
12-10-2019, 04:07 PM
Can't be good.

timotheus
12-10-2019, 04:28 PM
Gus will be fine.

NCDawg
12-10-2019, 04:41 PM
Reckon he's as good as our offensive guru? He didn't have too much to work with at Arkansas.

Coach34
12-10-2019, 05:02 PM
Will this be the 6th year in a row Elitedawgs predicts the GusBus being fired?

timotheus
12-10-2019, 05:11 PM
maybe do a poll and see who ED feels will last longer, JoMo or Gus.......

NWADAWG
12-10-2019, 05:11 PM
Can't be good.

Morris and Malzahn have been friends for a long time. Morris spent a week with Malzahn back when they were both coaching high school to learn Gus' system. Morris ran a modified Gus Bus offense for years. Gus' high school teams put up some pretty ridiculous point totals.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
12-10-2019, 09:42 PM
Can't be good.

I would take Gus and Morris over Mooronhead and any offensive coach we currently have on staff in a Minnesota minute.

dantheman4248
12-11-2019, 11:26 AM

Gus is amazing at doing just enough to keep his job. Oregon and Bama don't shoot their own foot and he's out the door. Gus's luck is downright amazing.

Also taken from an Ark board: "Now two sec schools are paying Chad Morris to not coach next year."

Jack Lambert
12-11-2019, 11:57 AM
I would take Gus and Morris over Mooronhead and any offensive coach we currently have on staff in a Minnesota minute.

How many games did Morris win the past two years? How many time did he beat Miss State? Don't be foolish with your hate.

Lance Harbor
12-11-2019, 12:32 PM
I think Morris will do very well with Auburn's talent.

Reckon he's as good as our offensive guru? He didn't have too much to work with at Arkansas.

NWADAWG
12-11-2019, 12:57 PM

I don't want Morris anywhere near our team in any capacity. I have a 2nd hand access to a player (nephew of a coworker) on the UPig team. The nephew said that the locker room was so bad under Morris that multiple key players would actually tell Morris to shutup loud enough for Morris to hear while Morris was addressing the team. The players had 0 respect for him and he let it happen. And it wasn't just one time either.

smootness
12-11-2019, 01:29 PM

Morris, as HC, is one of the few coaches I can confidently say is definitely worse than Moorhead.

basedog
12-11-2019, 01:57 PM
Morris, as HC, is one of the few coaches I can confidently say is definitely worse than Moorhead.

Yes and Luke being the next one.

smootness
12-11-2019, 03:25 PM
Yes and Luke being the next one.

That, I would not say confidently.

Turfdawg67
12-11-2019, 04:38 PM

If it's 2-3 posters, can it be labeled an "Elitedawgs" prediction? Just asking.

dantheman4248
12-11-2019, 05:36 PM
If it's 2-3 posters, can it be labeled an "Elitedawgs" prediction? Just asking.

Mark me down as one of the 2-3 for next year. I think they start 5-0 and the fanbase gets pissed at finishing 3-4 down the stretch with losses to Georgia, A&M, LSU, and Bama. If he doesn't win the bowl game this year that would put him at 6 straight seasons of 4+ losses. Add another one and at some point Auburn will get good antsy to not make the change.

Realistically it hinges on if they can win 1 of Bama, LSU, and A&M next year.

smootness
12-12-2019, 08:24 AM
Mark me down as one of the 2-3 for next year. I think they start 5-0 and the fanbase gets pissed at finishing 3-4 down the stretch with losses to Georgia, A&M, LSU, and Bama. If he doesn't win the bowl game this year that would put him at 6 straight seasons of 4+ losses. Add another one and at some point Auburn will get good antsy to not make the change.

Realistically it hinges on if they can win 1 of Bama, LSU, and A&M next year.

Auburn will be in an interesting spot next year, with a lot of upperclassmen on D this year and on the OL...but they do return Nix, who has a chance to take a big step forward.

Anyway, they've beaten at least one of that group every year since Malzahn's been there, even when they went 6-6, and won two against the group this year and 3 in 2017. So I'm not sure why we wouldn't expect them to win at least 1 of them.

NWADAWG
12-12-2019, 11:42 AM
Auburn will be in an interesting spot next year, with a lot of upperclassmen on D this year and on the OL...but they do return Nix, who has a chance to take a big step forward.

Anyway, they've beaten at least one of that group every year since Malzahn's been there, even when they went 6-6, and won two against the group this year and 3 in 2017. So I'm not sure why we wouldn't expect them to win at least 1 of them.

Nix will have to compete against Morris' son who is a 4* QB. Little Morris was committed to UPig but is now headed to Auburn to follow coach dad. One of the many complaints the UPig players had about Morris is that he blatanly plays favorites.

Cooterpoot
12-13-2019, 05:01 AM
But, the CB said Morris was a genius.

Todd4State
12-13-2019, 10:07 PM
Nix will have to compete against Morris' son who is a 4* QB. Little Morris was committed to UPig but is now headed to Auburn to follow coach dad. One of the many complaints the UPig players had about Morris is that he blatanly plays favorites.

No way Gus allows his OC to play his son over Nix unless he is clearly better.