PDA

View Full Version : 2020 Draft

Matt3467
12-10-2019, 12:53 PM
Just snooping around and seeing what MSU players popped up on some of the mocks and I've seen Dantzler projected in the first round by some and day 2 by others. What is most surprising is that Walter Football has Stephen Guidry going in the 3rd round 78th overall to the Eagles....LOL....this is what they say about him:

"Considering the durability issues of the Eagles' top receivers, it shouldn't surprise anyone if they use multiple selections on the position.

Stephen Guidry has great size (6-4, 190) and nice upside."

"11/30/19: In the early weeks of the season, Guidry had a few painful dropped passes, but he also got open for big plays; however, Mississippi State's quarterbacks have struggled to throw the ball this season. In 2019, Guidry has 23 receptions for 304 yards and four touchdowns. Guidry has a skill set with size and quickness, so he could be a sleeper pick who outplays his draft stock."

"8/17/19: Guidry did not get a lot of passes thrown his direction in 2018, but he made the most of his opportunities, averaging 23.2 yards per reception. The lanky wideout totaled 440 yards on 19 catches for three touchdowns on the year. Guidry has the upside to produce more and was included on NFL teams' preseason watch list for the 2020 NFL Draft. Some sources are high on him and think Guidry has a lot of upside with a special skill set."

No way this guy has watched him play. They project him going between the 2nd and 4th round. Anyway they have Erroll Thompson going 89th to the Raiders.

Homedawg
12-10-2019, 12:59 PM
Mock drafts are useless.

Irondawg
12-10-2019, 01:12 PM
I'm really curious to see what Guidry runs in workouts

Rex54
12-10-2019, 01:17 PM
This year?s draft is DEEP with WR

Matt3467
12-10-2019, 01:25 PM
This year?s draft is DEEP with WR

So how on earth is Guidry a projected 2nd-4th round pick according to them?

I like WF and look at them all the time and they aren't far off very often but this is crazy to me.

ShotgunDawg
12-10-2019, 01:39 PM
Guidry COULD be an interesting case.

He can't catch, but he can get open.

I wouldn't be the least bit shocked to see a team take a late round flyer on him just to see if they can work with him.

Matt3467
12-10-2019, 01:44 PM
Guidry COULD be an interesting case.

He can't catch, but he can get open.

I wouldn't be the least bit shocked to see a team take a late round flyer on him just to see if they can work with him.

Does it matter how open he is if he can't catch? What's amazing to me is how we have continued to trot this guy out onto the field. I'd be very interested if someone had information on just how many drops this guy has. I would bet it's not far from the amount of receptions he has.

ShotgunDawg
12-10-2019, 02:30 PM
Does it matter how open he is if he can't catch? What's amazing to me is how we have continued to trot this guy out onto the field. I'd be very interested if someone had information on just how many drops this guy has. I would bet it's not far from the amount of receptions he has.

Considering there aren't many people on Earth that can get open, yes there is some value there.

No it doesn't matter if he can't catch, and he'll be cut once that is clear. But an NFL team may take a shot to see if they can work with him.

I expect him to at very least work out with teams so they can see what type of aptitude he has

bulldawg28
12-10-2019, 02:52 PM
Considering there aren't many people on Earth that can get open, yes there is some value there.

No it doesn't matter if he can't catch, and he'll be cut once that is clear. But an NFL team may take a shot to see if they can work with him.

I expect him to at very least work out with teams so they can see what type of aptitude he has

Lol...wtf?

Todd4State
12-10-2019, 02:56 PM
Guidry is awful. He has little to no value to a NFL team. He’ll clutter up a practice squad or play in the XFL or Canada.

Coach34
12-10-2019, 05:05 PM
I could see likely him being our next Tommy Kelly- a much better pro than college player. Is it likely? Well no its not

ShotgunDawg
12-10-2019, 05:41 PM
Guidry is awful. He has little to no value to a NFL team. He’ll clutter up a practice squad or play in the XFL or Canada.

Of course he has no value currently but if a really good WR coach has had success in making guys better pass catchers in the past, he may believe he can help him.

On measurables alone, in the 7th round, Guidry may be the best athlete left.

ShotgunDawg
12-10-2019, 05:43 PM
Lol...wtf?

He's really talented with 1 massive flaw.

All late round picks have massive flaws.

Depends on what you think you can work with.

bulldawg28
12-10-2019, 06:05 PM
I could see likely him being our next Tommy Kelly- a much better pro than college player. Is it likely? Well no its not

TK was lazy with potential. Guidry is not a good WR. He shouldn't play on Saturday's.

bulldawg28
12-10-2019, 06:06 PM

What talent are you seeing?

ShotgunDawg
12-10-2019, 06:09 PM
What talent are you seeing?

Stop just looking at the stat sheet.

Speed, twitch, and feet. He's well above average in all 3. Genetically he's an NFL player. However, currently he has a poor skills.

Matt3467
12-10-2019, 06:29 PM

That flaw happens to be the one thing you HAVE to do to play the position and that is catch the ball.

ShotgunDawg
12-10-2019, 06:54 PM
That flaw happens to be the one thing you HAVE to do to play the position and that is catch the ball.

Totally agree. I would not take him because I have no clue how to fix that flaw. However, that doesn't mean that no coaches can fix that flaw