View Full Version : Money

TheLostDawg
12-09-2019, 08:53 PM
https://twitter.com/SpiritBen/status/1204082363841613832?s=19

Where do we fall in comparison?

TheLostDawg
12-09-2019, 09:34 PM
https://www.cdispatch.com/sports/article.asp?aid=70804

Old but all I could find. Obviously we need to do a better job of paying staff and getting top guys. How is Breiner making that much?

Spiderman
12-09-2019, 09:42 PM

Old but all I could find. Obviously we need to do a better job of paying staff and getting top guys. How is Breiner making that much?

Here's the deal. if you aren't a Bulldog Club member, don't bitch. Sounds harsh but true.

Give SOMETHING.

Be interesting to know how many here actually do

Dawgbite
12-09-2019, 09:48 PM
I do, been a member of the Presidents Club for years but that’s just a drop in the bucket of what it takes to run the BDC.

Jack Lambert
12-09-2019, 09:49 PM
Here's the deal. if you aren't a Bulldog Club member, don't bitch. Sounds harsh but true.

Give SOMETHING.

I donate 1200.00 a year. I only get calls for more money not advice.

TheLostDawg
12-09-2019, 09:59 PM
I donate 1200.00 a year. I only get calls for more money not advice.

Same here and to Spiderman, you must work in the department because you obviously don't realize we have the money to pay for a better staff, more for recruiting, etc. Also the bulldog club should get off their butts and make a bigger effort than to just get students to call and ask for more money.

TheLostDawg
12-09-2019, 10:01 PM
And then if we're so pushed for money then why are we not selling alcohol. And to the next person that wants to say lawsuits, look at all the pro sports and sports bars across the nation. That's not an excuse. Selling alcohol if the answer.

Spiderman
12-09-2019, 10:31 PM
Same here and to Spiderman, you must work in the department because you obviously don't realize we have the money to pay for a better staff, more for recruiting, etc. Also the bulldog club should get off their butts and make a bigger effort than to just get students to call and ask for more money.

no, but I have friends that could give at least a grand a year, or more than I do. But they don't, but are the first to bitch about State being cheap

TheLostDawg
12-09-2019, 10:46 PM
no, but I have friends that could give at least a grand a year, or more than I do. But they don't, but are the first to bitch about State being cheap

I completely understand where you're coming from with that aspect

confucius say
12-09-2019, 11:10 PM

Give SOMETHING.

I know some people on here give five figures yearly

Dawgbite
12-10-2019, 09:10 AM
Serious question, since salaries are regulated by the state and most of the coaches salaries come from the BDC, maybe the BDC doesn’t have the money. The university money, SEC money, ticket sales, beer sales may not be available for a buyout or increased salaries. Nobody really knows how much the BDC actually takes in or has on hand. Maybe Cohens hand are really tied unless he can find someone willing to write that check.

defiantdog
12-10-2019, 11:15 AM
Serious question, since salaries are regulated by the state and most of the coaches salaries come from the BDC, maybe the BDC doesn’t have the money. The university money, SEC money, ticket sales, beer sales may not be available for a buyout or increased salaries. Nobody really knows how much the BDC actually takes in or has on hand. Maybe Cohens hand are really tied unless he can find someone willing to write that check.
The BDC has money

RougeDawg
12-10-2019, 11:33 AM
Money is not the issue. Incompetence in the Bryan building is the issue. Plain and simple. Until the large majority figures this out, keep expecting the BS excuses from the incompetent clowns and mediocrity.

You cannot keep trying to treat the symptoms, if you do not address the root cause that is an easy fix. That is the problem, not only at MSU, but in this country. Everyone wants to treat the multiple symptoms and waste time/effort/money, when you could save all 3 by simply treating the causes. But what do I know. Work smarter, not harder.

timotheus
12-10-2019, 12:04 PM
As a business owner I fully agree with that assessment. I wish we had individuals at MSU who could grasp this concept.

Lance Harbor
12-10-2019, 04:13 PM
Interesting that Huff said Eff You to the noncompete.

The contracts for Getsy, Lukabu, running backs coach/run game coordinator Charles Huff, quarterbacks coach/pass game coordinator Andrew Breiner and offensive line coach Marcus Johnson all have two-year non-competes with the SEC

Tbonewannabe
12-10-2019, 05:21 PM
Interesting that Huff said Eff You to the noncompete.

The contracts for Getsy, Lukabu, running backs coach/run game coordinator Charles Huff, quarterbacks coach/pass game coordinator Andrew Breiner and offensive line coach Marcus Johnson all have two-year non-competes with the SEC

It probably depends on how it was worded. Didn't he get some type of assistant head coach title or something when he went to Bama? It might be the way around it if he was given a promotion. No one is going to sign a contract to be a QB coach and have a non compete if they have the opportunity to be an Offensive Coordinator but can't take the job.

Tbonewannabe
12-10-2019, 05:22 PM

What is the highest amount that is regulated? I know a large portion of the head coach's salary comes from the BDC but I would think a lot of the coaches might fall under that threshold.