PDA

View Full Version : Jacob Peeler

HailStateSZN19
12-09-2019, 08:14 PM
Apparently, he?s informed OM players he has not been retained by Kiffin. This dude needs to be on our staff TOMORROW. Get a deal done tonight Joe. Would be a huge addition to the staff. Move Michael Johnson to QB coach and make him WR Coach or put Tony Hughes at ST and put Peeler at TE. Idk, but you got to make this happen.

Todd4State
12-09-2019, 08:16 PM
Agree 110%.

HoopsDawg
12-09-2019, 08:18 PM
This is where Cohen could step in and have a convo with Moorhead.

Todd4State
12-09-2019, 08:18 PM
This is where Cohen could step in and have a convo with Moorhead.

Point 41.

msbulldog
12-09-2019, 08:21 PM
YES!!

Jack Lambert
12-09-2019, 08:27 PM
Not disagreeing but who would he replace?

Cowbell
12-09-2019, 08:34 PM
Is this not the first stupid mistake by Kiffin

ejdallas322
12-09-2019, 08:44 PM
We need to an offensive coordinator so that Moorhead can better manage the whole team and we should either go after Peeler or the man that started the golden years of Ole Miss nasty wideouts and thats Grant Heard, who is currently the passing game coordinator at Indiana

ejdallas322
12-09-2019, 08:44 PM
hire*

timotheus
12-09-2019, 08:45 PM
Kiffin may have a WR guy in mind but he will not be as knowledgeable as Peeler.

AFDawg
12-09-2019, 08:52 PM
We need to shake out our pockets, look under the couch cushions, and pay that guy.

ejdallas322
12-09-2019, 09:02 PM
We all need to email Moorhead and Cohen now to make this happen, imagine the new guys especially receivers that would be interested in us.

Spiderman
12-09-2019, 09:17 PM
Apparently, he?s informed OM players he has not been retained by Kiffin. This dude needs to be on our staff TOMORROW. Get a deal done tonight Joe. Would be a huge addition to the staff. Move Michael Johnson to QB coach and make him WR Coach or put Tony Hughes at ST and put Peeler at TE. Idk, but you got to make this happen.

I know Jacob. He's a recruiter that is a perfect fit for Ole Miss. Bad move, if true.

Not sure if he is a State fit. That said, yes we need him. But not sure he would like it. Totally different culture

DogsofAnarchy
12-09-2019, 10:13 PM
Why not tweet this to John Cohen?

Dawgfan77
12-09-2019, 10:57 PM
He is not a fan of msu

Cowbell
12-09-2019, 11:02 PM
He is not a fan of msu

I am a fan, and I honestly wouldn?t take a job under this regime

Cooterpoot
12-09-2019, 11:33 PM
:cool:

TUSK
12-09-2019, 11:34 PM
Was he the guy that taught OM WRs the "get open" route tree?

Bdawg
12-09-2019, 11:38 PM
Not disagreeing but who would he replace?

Joey Jones for 1. Sh*t anybody on staff can be moved to his spot and do better.

bigplayslay
12-09-2019, 11:43 PM
Joey Jones for 1. Sh*t anybody on staff can be moved to his spot and do better.

Bdawg I don’t even know you and I feel pretty confident you could do at least the job he’s done this year. Probably better

HailStateSZN19
12-09-2019, 11:55 PM
:cool:

What you hearing Cooter? You know something?....

ejdallas322
12-10-2019, 12:03 AM
Another interesting name is Tim Brewster. Was at State coaching the WR in 2012, is a hell of a recruiter

Todd4State
12-10-2019, 12:11 AM
Another interesting name is Tim Brewster. Was at State coaching the WR in 2012, is a hell of a recruiter

As what? OC?

Or WR coach?

SmokeyDawg
12-10-2019, 12:20 AM
He is not a fan of msu

I don't think this is necessarily true or if it matters anyway. He's from the area and has family in Starkville. I would throw him an offer, we could sure use him

ejdallas322
12-10-2019, 12:20 AM
Well he’s with North Carolina coaching Tight Ends and is a recruiting coordinator, so probably same position unless he truly likes where he is which he probably does

fader2103
12-10-2019, 12:33 AM
I liked when Tim Brewster was here, but he was quick to leave. Doesn't Peeler have a graduate degree from State? Why would he hate it if he went to school here, I mean I know it can happen but I don't he would hate a school if they are willing to pay him over 200,000.

Todd4State
12-10-2019, 12:38 AM
What I would like to see us do:

OC/QB- Jeff Lebby. If we don't get him we could move Mike Johnson here but I think that would be a sign that Joe's calling the plays. Probably. Lebby replaces Breiner.
RB- Richardson. Produced the leading rusher in the SEC and has 1-2 four star RB's committed.
WR- Mike Johnson. Receivers improved some and he has been landing some good WR's in recruiting.
Slot Receivers- Jacob Peeler. Tremendous recruiter and has coached a couple of first round picks at Ole Miss.
TE/ST- Pete Lembo. One of the top ST coaches in the country and has coached TE's at Memphis. Replaces Joey Jones essentially.
OL- Marcus Johnson. Has improved our recruiting and has done a good job. Saban tried to hire him last year.
DL- Deke Adams. I thought he did a good job with our DT's. Good recruiter.
LB- Tony Hughes. Peeler essentially replaces Chris Marve. Tony has coached LB in the past before. Maybe we can find a good GA to coach the LB's up as well like a Jamar Chaney.
CB- T-Buck. Great coach and recruiter.
DC/S- Bob Shoop. Has done a good job overall IMO.

yjnkdawg
12-10-2019, 01:04 AM

OC/QB- Jeff Lebby. If we don't get him we could move Mike Johnson here but I think that would be a sign that Joe's calling the plays. Probably. Lebby replaces Breiner.
RB- Richardson. Produced the leading rusher in the SEC and has 1-2 four star RB's committed.
WR- Mike Johnson. Receivers improved some and he has been landing some good WR's in recruiting.
Slot Receivers- Jacob Peeler. Tremendous recruiter and has coached a couple of first round picks at Ole Miss.
TE/ST- Pete Lembo. One of the top ST coaches in the country and has coached TE's at Memphis. Replaces Joey Jones essentially.
OL- Marcus Johnson. Has improved our recruiting and has done a good job. Saban tried to hire him last year.
LB- Tony Hughes. Peeler essentially replaces Chris Marve. Tony has coached LB in the past before. Maybe we can find a good GA to coach the LB's up as well like a Jamar Chaney.

Kiffin is looking at Briles or Lebby as his OC. So if OM wants Lebby then waiting till after our bowl game to try to get him is a moot point. I sure thought OM and Kiffin would keep Peeler, but they are letting Kiffin call all the shots apparently on the assistant coaches. Yeah, we need to move on a potential hiring of Peeler.

ZedFedder
12-10-2019, 01:38 AM
From everything I have heard and read, Marve is one we should want to keep.

HailStateSZN19
12-10-2019, 01:48 AM

Sounds like Lebby might be Kiffin’s choice for OC. I would take a look into Kevin Johns at Memphis. Norvell elected to take Dillingham with him to FSU. And Norvell is/was know for hiring excellent assistants at Memphis and them moving on to P5 jobs like Dillingham did going to Auburn. I’d lay out the staff like this personally, just my opinion:

OC-?, take a look into Kevin Johns, maybe Rhett Lashlee if he’d be a fit, idk I’d have to do more digging
RB- Keep Richardson
WR- Peeler, would be a HUGE recruiting asset & ‘21 in-state has tons of WR talent
TE- Hughes, be the ace recruiter like he is now
QB- Mike Johnson, I like him & think we should try to keep him, coached QB’s in the past & in NFL
OL- Marcus Johnson, has been a solid recruiter for us
DL- Keep Deke, young DT’s made some progress
LB- Marve, had one of if not the best players on the team taken away from him, think he’s a rising star still
CB- T-Buck
DC/S- Shoop
ST- ?, Lembo would be awesome but think Norvell is taking him to FSU with him so idk there

Todd4State
12-10-2019, 02:32 AM
Sounds like Lebby might be Kiffin’s choice for OC. I would take a look into Kevin Johns at Memphis. Norvell elected to take Dillingham with him to FSU. And Norvell is/was know for hiring excellent assistants at Memphis and them moving on to P5 jobs like Dillingham did going to Auburn. I’d lay out the staff like this personally, just my opinion:

OC-?, take a look into Kevin Johns, maybe Rhett Lashlee if he’d be a fit, idk I’d have to do more digging
RB- Keep Richardson
WR- Peeler, would be a HUGE recruiting asset & ‘21 in-state has tons of WR talent
QB- Mike Johnson, I like him & think we should try to keep him, coached QB’s in the past & in NFL
DL- Keep Deke, young DT’s made some progress
LB- Marve, had one of if not the best players on the team taken away from him, think he’s a rising star still
CB- T-Buck
DC/S- Shoop
ST- ?, Lembo would be awesome but think Norvell is taking him to FSU with him so idk there

Rhett Lashee would be great. Knows the SEC. Former Broyles finalist. Another candidate that may be a good fit is Derek Dooley.

RiverCityDawg
12-10-2019, 07:12 AM
Rhett Lashee would be great. Knows the SEC. Former Broyles finalist.

Rhett Lashlee showed up to watch one half of of EMCC play the worst team in the country (before a fight broke out and ended the game early) and from that had the brilliant idea to place Auburn's offense into the hands of John Franklin III.

No thanks

OLJWales
12-10-2019, 08:14 AM
What's up with Tim Brewster these days? where is he? from memory, he was a good get for Mullen but bolted after 1 year to ..FSU? I recall him being a lock down recruiter.

ShotgunDawg
12-10-2019, 08:19 AM
Come on guys....

You should know by now that Joe is allergic to making the correct decision and has awful judgment.

You really think he's gonna get it right and hire Peeler?

basedog
12-10-2019, 08:43 AM
I am curious, how do you guys know these assistant coaches that aren't at Msu you listed. Is it hear say, a guess or you know their history?

I have not a clue, just saying. I do know Joe needs a few changes!

AFDawg
12-10-2019, 09:02 AM
What's up with Tim Brewster these days? where is he? from memory, he was a good get for Mullen but bolted after 1 year to ..FSU? I recall him being a lock down recruiter.

TEs and recruiting coordinator at UNC

1bigdawg
12-10-2019, 09:14 AM
From everything I have heard and read, Marve is one we should want to keep.

Really? Tell me more. He certainly is not tearing up the recruiting trail.

BiscuitEater
12-10-2019, 09:41 AM
He is not a fan of msu

Don't know the guy BUT didn't he get a Masters Degree from MSU?

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-10-2019, 09:50 AM
We all need to email Moorhead and Cohen now to make this happen, imagine the new guys especially receivers that would be interested in us.

Dude...We do not need to email anyone. You honestly think we know what a great recruiter he is and Cohen and Moorhead don't? They probably knew he wasn't being retained before we did.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-10-2019, 09:52 AM
Was he the guy that taught OM WRs the "get open" route tree?

He is the guy who can get the receivers to your program.

MetEdDawg
12-10-2019, 10:02 AM
Come on guys....

You should know by now that Joe is allergic to making the correct decision and has awful judgment.

You really think he's gonna get it right and hire Peeler?

Tell me how you know this? Dude has been here 2 years and made some changes after last year, both forced changes and unforced changes. This is his 2nd offseason to make changes. What in his background has shown he won't make changes to his staff?

CovertDawg
12-10-2019, 10:02 AM
FSU's Tim Brewster: "I’m so blessed and so fortunate to be here at Florida State University. Jimbo rescued me from Mississippi State." So yeah, you can throw away any Brewster fantasies you might have despite him being our best WR recruiter ever.

Pipedream
12-10-2019, 10:04 AM
Sounds like Lebby might be Kiffin?s choice for OC. I would take a look into Kevin Johns at Memphis. Norvell elected to take Dillingham with him to FSU. And Norvell is/was know for hiring excellent assistants at Memphis and them moving on to P5 jobs like Dillingham did going to Auburn. I?d lay out the staff like this personally, just my opinion:

OC-?, take a look into Kevin Johns, maybe Rhett Lashlee if he?d be a fit, idk I?d have to do more digging
RB- Keep Richardson
WR- Peeler, would be a HUGE recruiting asset & ?21 in-state has tons of WR talent
QB- Mike Johnson, I like him & think we should try to keep him, coached QB?s in the past & in NFL
DL- Keep Deke, young DT?s made some progress
LB- Marve, had one of if not the best players on the team taken away from him, think he?s a rising star still
CB- T-Buck
DC/S- Shoop

That's one too many on field assistant coaches. We've got some juggling to do if we want to take Peeler, keep Hughes on field, and hire an OC. You can only have 10 on field assistants. I'd take Lebby or Lashlee as OC/QBs coach. Peeler to TE. Hughes to ST. Jones to the couch. Hire a new S&C guy and invest heavily in some ST training for my coaches or bring in a ton of GA's/QC's and have them focus solely on ST. These moves aren't going to solve our ST's problems, but they will maximize our recruiting.

TUSK
12-10-2019, 10:08 AM
He is the guy who can get the receivers to your program.

Ahhhhh. Makes sense, then.

Thanks.

confucius say
12-10-2019, 10:20 AM
He is not a fan of msu

Of the university itself?

I cannot say you are wrong for sure, but the info I have is that he previously wanted to be at state. And yes, for whomever asked he did go to state for a graduate degree.

msbulldog
12-10-2019, 01:29 PM
The man is out of a job, short move from Oxfart to Starkvegas, still close to his hometown and he's been their best recruiter. Hire him, it ain't rocket science.

deltadawg99
12-10-2019, 02:35 PM
That's one too many on field assistant coaches. We've got some juggling to do if we want to take Peeler, keep Hughes on field, and hire an OC. You can only have 10 on field assistants. I'd take Lebby or Lashlee as OC/QBs coach. Peeler to TE. Hughes to ST. Jones to the couch. Hire a new S&C guy and invest heavily in some ST training for my coaches or bring in a ton of GA's/QC's and have them focus solely on ST. These moves aren't going to solve our ST's problems, but they will maximize our recruiting.

It is highly unlikely that he would bring in a outsider to be OC or that he would not still call the plays. Most likely OC scenario would be for him to give it to Richardson or Briener.

Peeler is a no brainer to go after. Get rid of Jones - Hughes to special teams - Peeler to TE

Or

Still get rid of jones - Hughes as TE/ST - Peeler as Inside WRs - Johnson as Outside WR

HailStateSZN19
12-10-2019, 02:49 PM
It is highly unlikely that he would bring in a outsider to be OC or that he would not still call the plays. Most likely OC scenario would be for him to give it to Richardson or Briener.

Peeler is a no brainer to go after. Get rid of Jones - Hughes to special teams - Peeler to TE

Or

Still get rid of jones - Hughes as TE/ST - Peeler as Inside WRs - Johnson as Outside WR

I’d be good with either of those 2 scenarios but like the bottom one the most. Idk how much of a difference it’d make as far as his impact on recruiting if he’d be at TE vs WR, but I’d want Peeler recruiting some of the ‘21 class WR’s in MS. You could do something like:

OC/QB-? (Can Breiner & hire someone to handle both)
RB- Richardson, Inside WR-Peeler, Outside WR- Mike Johnson, OL- Marcus Johnson, TE-Hughes, DC/S- Shoop, CB-T-Buck, LB-Marve, DL- Deke BUT then you’re relying on delegating ST duties to some of these staffers instead of hiring 1 person to focus on it & after our ST blunders not sure that’d be the answer. Maybe just put Mike Johnson as QB/OC and Peeler at WR or you’d have to do Peeler at TE & Hughes at ST. Idk, there’s several combinations that could work but bottom line is you gotta make it work IF Peeler is interested in us.

Todd4State
12-10-2019, 02:59 PM
Do we know if Hughes can coach ST? Part of the problem there is we just stuck someone there.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-10-2019, 03:07 PM
Do we know if Hughes can coach ST? Part of the problem there is we just stuck someone there.

I would hope so. It is not a very challenging coaching spot. That's why I am so surprised Joey Jones couldn't do it. He must be a special kind of stupid.

Homedawg
12-10-2019, 03:08 PM

Most of the problem is Joe. NO different than s/c.

Todd4State
12-10-2019, 03:30 PM
Most of the problem is Joe. NO different than s/c.

My question then is does Joe micromanage because the people can’t do the job or does he just micromanage?

Todd4State
12-10-2019, 03:33 PM
I would hope so. It is not a very challenging coaching spot. That's why I am so surprised Joey Jones couldn't do it. He must be a special kind of stupid.

Disagree. I think it’s one of the more challenging. They deal with kickers, returners, and they have to coach all aspects of the kicking game with guys that want to focus on their primary position and playing on special teams is secondary.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-10-2019, 03:37 PM
Disagree. I think it’s one of the more challenging. They deal with kickers, returners, and they have to coach all aspects of the kicking game with guys that want to focus on their primary position and playing on special teams is secondary.

Yea that sounds so difficult...try to convince me some more. That didn't work at all.

Todd4State
12-10-2019, 03:49 PM
Yea that sounds so difficult...try to convince me some more. That didn't work at all.

See the K-State game.

Pipedream
12-10-2019, 04:02 PM
Michael Johnson has experience as an OC and QB coach in both at the P5 and NFL levels. I'm not saying he's great at it, but that would free up Peeler to WR. Keep Hughes at TE and hire a legit ST coach. Other option is move Hughes to ST (again, not sure of his experience there), Johnson to TE, Peeler to WR, hire a real OC/QB coach (Lashlee). USA today released their strength coach salary database today and Bichey is paid less than several G5 schools. It's a damn outrage tbh. We went cheap as shit on S&C and got what we paid for. Most of the SEC is paying $250k+ and we are paying ~100K. Go throw some damn money around. We are a top 30 national budget. We have the cheapest staff in the SEC. I just don't know where that surplus money is going?

RC3
12-10-2019, 10:01 PM
We are foolish if we do not try to hire this man. Tremendous recruiter. I do not think he hates MSU.

TheLostDawg
12-10-2019, 10:24 PM
I don't think this is necessarily true or if it matters anyway. He's from the area and has family in Starkville. I would throw him an offer, we could sure use him

I agree. It's either a troll or the person is ignorant to say "he's not a fan of MSU". Do they think Marcus Johnson was a fan of MSU before he came?

TheLostDawg
12-10-2019, 10:39 PM
Michael Johnson has experience as an OC and QB coach in both at the P5 and NFL levels. I'm not saying he's great at it, but that would free up Peeler to WR. Keep Hughes at TE and hire a legit ST coach. Other option is move Hughes to ST (again, not sure of his experience there), Johnson to TE, Peeler to WR, hire a real OC/QB coach (Lashlee). USA today released their strength coach salary database today and Bichey is paid less than several G5 schools. It's a damn outrage tbh. We went cheap as shit on S&C and got what we paid for. Most of the SEC is paying $250k+ and we are paying ~100K. Go throw some damn money around. We are a top 30 national budget. We have the cheapest staff in the SEC. I just don't know where that surplus money is going?

Agree

TheLostDawg
12-10-2019, 10:40 PM
We are foolish if we do not try to hire this man. Tremendous recruiter. I do not think he hates MSU.

And on top of what I said above, I'm sure that he isn't as fond of ole Miss right now as he once was anyway

Dawgcap
12-10-2019, 10:42 PM
Based on commitments don’t we have a strong receiver class committed?

Bdawg
12-10-2019, 10:57 PM
Based on commitments don’t we have a strong receiver class committed?

To be determined in my opinion. I'll believe it when I see them produce. Prime example: Guidry. Hate to call him out but its just a fact. Mitchell is the only one I saw nice improvement in and we were so smart we wouldn't try to get him the ball.

Dawgcap
12-10-2019, 11:05 PM
To be determined in my opinion. I'll believe it when I see them produce. Prime example: Guidry. Hate to call him out but its just a fact. Mitchell is the only one I saw nice improvement in and we were so smart we wouldn't try to get him the ball.

I agree but based on everything that is being said and evaluated they are talented. So it comes to coaching and prep for them to improve. But we get guys that should be talented. I love the gets we have for next year. I hope they can get open and the line gives them time

HailStateSZN19
12-10-2019, 11:35 PM
I think Peeler had his first child born yesterday on the same day he was let go. I’m sure that’s a lot to take in on 1 day. May take him a while before he’s ready to get into negotiating with a new school for a job. But, when he’s back open to negotiation, he needs to be asked what it’s going to take to get him at WR and give it to him. I’d do this:

OC/QB Coach-Mike Johnson, RB- Richardson, WR- Peeler, TE- Hughes, OL- Marcus Johnson, DL- Deke, LB- Marve, CB- Buckley, DC/S- Shoop, ST- Go hire a good ST coach that has a history of solid ST play.

A pipe dream idea would be move Hughes to ST and hire Shane Beamer at TE if Lincoln Riley were to move on to the Cowboys at the end of the season.

Or keep Mike Johnson at WR/TE, put Peeler at TE/WR, Hughes to ST, & hire a legit OC/QB coach.

Todd4State
12-11-2019, 01:50 AM
I think Peeler had his first child born yesterday on the same day he was let go. I’m sure that’s a lot to take in on 1 day. May take him a while before he’s ready to get into negotiating with a new school for a job. But, when he’s back open to negotiation, he needs to be asked what it’s going to take to get him at WR and give it to him. I’d do this:

OC/QB Coach-Mike Johnson, RB- Richardson, WR- Peeler, TE- Hughes, OL- Marcus Johnson, DL- Deke, LB- Marve, CB- Buckley, DC/S- Shoop, ST- Go hire a good ST coach that has a history of solid ST play.

A pipe dream idea would be move Hughes to ST and hire Shane Beamer at TE if Lincoln Riley were to move on to the Cowboys at the end of the season.

Or keep Mike Johnson at WR/TE, put Peeler at TE/WR, Hughes to ST, & hire a legit OC/QB coach.

The problem is I don't see because of the assistant coach limits how we can get a legit OC, legit ST guy, get Peeler, keep Hughes, and keep Johnson.

sandwolf
12-11-2019, 10:25 AM

ST is definitely not one of the more challenging coaching positions. Hell a lot of schools don't even have a coach dedicated to ST.

confucius say
12-11-2019, 10:55 AM
The problem is I don't see because of the assistant coach limits how we can get a legit OC, legit ST guy, get Peeler, keep Hughes, and keep Johnson.

And I do not see joe getting rid of breiner.

NCDawg
12-11-2019, 05:45 PM
And I do not see joe getting rid of breiner.

Agree-similar to Mullen and Hevesy.

Lumpy Chucklelips
12-11-2019, 06:16 PM
Until we decide we want to be serious about competing salary wise, we're going to get second rate assistants. And I'm not calling all of ours second rate, but you know what I'm talking about. If my son comes to me and says he needs a new car and I tell him, here's your budget.....and my neighbors son goes to him and tells him he needs a car and he gives him a budget of 50% more than I gave my son....then guess who's going to be driving the nicer car? Same goes for assistant coaches, assistant managers in a business, assistant D.A.'s in New York vs. Mississippi, assistant janitors in a 2,000 bed hospital vs. a 200 bed hospital, etc, etc.

Seems like we'd be looking for ways to try and raise a million dollars extra to throw at our assistants...say even if we sold beer at the stadium. Now there's a novel idea that nobody's thought of.

timotheus
12-11-2019, 06:30 PM
We can never find people in politics or in this case a institution of education to think in that manner.

HailStateSZN19
12-11-2019, 06:59 PM
Does anyone with “sources” know if we’ve reached out to Peeler yet, if there’s been any conversations, if he’s even interested in us, etc.?

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
12-11-2019, 07:10 PM
Hasn't the MSU administration said or been rumored to say no coach will leave because of money? We're just being cheap.

Lumpy Chucklelips
12-11-2019, 09:04 PM
Hasn't the MSU administration said or been rumored to say no coach will leave because of money? We're just being cheap.

Well, if none of our guys leave, it's because nobody else wants them. Because they sure as hell aren't staying because we pay them well.

https://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/salaries/football/assistant

Want a new S&C coach? We could give Charlotte's S&C coach a $10,000 raise from what he's making now. I wonder if it would be worth it to him?

We are a joke when it comes to assistant pay. We have overachieved big time for what we pay these guys and all of the others who have led us to 10 straight bowl games.

https://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/salaries/football/strength

ejdallas322
12-11-2019, 10:02 PM
We need to get Aaron Feld, the dude loves State and would come back if we offered anything around 380,000

timotheus
12-11-2019, 10:06 PM
Would he come if we didn't tell him he'd be working for JoMO?

confucius say
12-11-2019, 10:09 PM
We need to get Aaron Feld, the dude loves State and would come back if we offered anything around 380,000

What do we pay our s and c guy now? Surely we can afford 380k

ETA: never mind, just saw the chart. 150k!!?? Are you 17n shitting me? That is embarrassing

StarkVegasSteve
12-11-2019, 11:23 PM
S&C is the easiest one to fix IMO. Open the damn checkbook and go get Feld. We might have to overpay a bit, but with how bad we were in that area this year it'll be worth it.

RiverCityDawg
12-12-2019, 06:56 AM
S&C is the easiest one to fix IMO. Open the damn checkbook and go get Feld. We might have to overpay a bit, but with how bad we were in that area this year it'll be worth it.

Would he really leave Oregon all things being equal? I know he played here, but they would probably match 400K. I mean, it's obviously worth a try, but seems like a tough pull.

HailStateSZN19
12-12-2019, 04:26 PM
Well we can forget about getting Peeler on staff. Feldman is reporting he’s going to be the OC at Texas State. What an opportunity pissed away.... woulda been a huge asset to have on staff.

ShotgunDawg
12-12-2019, 04:34 PM
Well we can forget about getting Peeler on staff. Feldman is reporting he’s going to be the OC at Texas State. What an opportunity pissed away.... woulda been a huge asset to have on staff.

This is actually the 2nd best result. Now he’s in a place where he can’t effect our recruiting.

Good idea to take that job

MaroonBelle
12-12-2019, 04:41 PM
How did we somehow piss an opportunity away? He went to be an OC! Why would he come here to be an assistant when he can go be an OC with the next stop being HC somewhere? Being disappointed we didn't get him is fine but saying we "pissed" an opportunity away as if it was a screw up on our part when he went to a better opportunity for him is just hyperbolic.

timotheus
12-12-2019, 04:49 PM
Mark my words, Joe will never employ a coach who he feels threatened by on the offensive side of the ball. That shortens the list up quite quickly.