PDA

View Full Version : Damn, y'all whine about everything

MaroonFlounder
12-08-2019, 03:16 PM
Now it's the bowl location...

And the opponent...

To go along with JoeMo sucks...

And Cohen sucks...

There won't be 500 MSU fans at the game...

Take a Xanax and STFU.

Bothrops
12-08-2019, 03:17 PM
+10

dawgday166
12-08-2019, 03:19 PM
Actually ... I'm excited. Joe smoking Kiffin in recruiting. The future looks bright.

OLJWales
12-08-2019, 03:21 PM
Now it's the bowl location...

And the opponent...

To go along with JoeMo sucks...

And Cohen sucks...

There won't be 500 MSU fans at the game...

Take a Xanax and STFU.

So you start a thread whining about us whining.

1. Bowl location sucks because our football team sucks.
2. Our opponent sucks because our football team sucks.
3. JoMo DOES suck.
4. Cohen Does suck.
5. I'm guessing three fiddy.
6. We're not taking pills and we will NOT stfu.

gravedigger
12-08-2019, 03:30 PM
Actually ... I'm excited. Joe smoking Kiffin in recruiting. The future looks bright.

I think we will out recruit them as well. It wont feel like that in the beginning. Ole Miss fans, Porter, Roundsaville and a few of our own fans will make it seem like every player that commits is the next coming of the best who's ever played the position.

trojandawg
12-08-2019, 03:31 PM

3. JoMo DOES suck.
4. Cohen Does suck.

Yep

MaroonFlounder
12-08-2019, 03:31 PM

3. JoMo DOES suck.
4. Cohen Does suck.

3). Joe sucks at coaching. He's 100 times better recruiter than Mullen was.

MaroonFlounder
12-08-2019, 03:33 PM

3. JoMo DOES suck.
4. Cohen Does suck.

1) Bowl location doesn't suck for Shrader. That's his home. I'm happy for him, and I hope he has the game of his life (if he plays)

It's the holidays. You guys need to get in the Christmas spirit.

dawgday166
12-08-2019, 03:35 PM
I think we will out recruit them as well. It wont feel like that in the beginning. Ole Miss fans, Porter, Roundsaville and a few of our own fans will make it seem like every player that commits is the next coming of the best who's ever played the position.

So here's my question. Last year we got 2 top 10 and 5 top 20 Sip to State. This year he has 3 top 10 so far. Even Mullen did better than that most years if I recall correctly.

ETA: And that was against Luke while he was replacing his staff. Of course Ga, AU, Bama swooped in and took some but I still think we should've gotten more than we did.

Bothrops
12-08-2019, 03:40 PM

3. JoMo DOES suck.
4. Cohen Does suck.

You suck.

MaroonFlounder
12-08-2019, 03:40 PM
So here's my question. Last year we got 2 top 10 and 5 top 20 Sip to State. This year he has 3 top 10 so far. Even Mullen did better than that most years if I recall correctly.

ETA: And that was against Luke while he was replacing his staff. Of course Ga, AU, Bama swooped in and took some but I still think we should've gotten more than we did.

But the prize recruit was 5-star OT Charles Cross. Mullen & Hev would not have signed him and you know it.

dawgday166
12-08-2019, 03:43 PM
But the prize recruit was 5-star OT Charles Cross. Mullen & Hev would not have signed him and you know it.

I hear ya and you probably right. Not sure tho cause they got Rankin too when he was the prize Juco (not the same tho).

We pretty short on RBs & LBs right now. Can Cross play those too? **** Just kidding.

Liverpooldawg
12-08-2019, 03:48 PM

Yes, they will.

MaroonFlounder
12-08-2019, 04:03 PM
Wow.

Now the bowl location that was being reported may have been incorrect.

Nashville still in play.

terradawg
12-08-2019, 09:04 PM
Thanks Maroon Flounder...you are correct. For the life of me, I don't understand the constant bitching and moaning. I'm fairly new to this forum, as I started reading during the baseball season to get a perspective of last game and to learn about some of the issues surrounding MSU athletics. I am a football season ticket holder and typically go to most of the home games and occasional road games. Ditto for baseball. I love the energy produced by the cowbells at Davis Wade and the grandeur of Dudy Noble. And yes, I just ordered tickets for the Music City Bowl. I say all this because I have grown tiresome of the constant pessimism and down right disrespect for the athletic program and administration. Yes I am concerned about the future of our football program trajectory, but it could be a lot worse. We had a very successful SEC athletic program in 2019, just didn't over-achieve in football like some of our other sport teams. Guys, the glass is half full, not half empty

Homedawg
12-08-2019, 09:10 PM

While he does work at it harder and he appears to be better. The results aren't that much different at this point. Still 5-7 in the west 10th ish in the sec. meh. Results based deal. And clearly he needs a hell of a lot better player w his offense.

msstate7
12-08-2019, 09:13 PM
While he does work at it harder and he appears to be better. The results aren't that much different at this point. Still 5-7 in the west 10th ish in the sec. meh. Results based deal. And clearly he needs a hell of a lot better player w his offense.

Don't question the legend of joe's recruiting. Last year was a historic year for talent in the state, so without looking, I know joe smoked anything Mullen ever did, right?

OLJWales
12-08-2019, 10:41 PM
Thanks Maroon Flounder...you are correct. For the life of me, I don't understand the constant bitching and moaning. I'm fairly new to this forum, as I started reading during the baseball season to get a perspective of last game and to learn about some of the issues surrounding MSU athletics. I am a football season ticket holder and typically go to most of the home games and occasional road games. Ditto for baseball. I love the energy produced by the cowbells at Davis Wade and the grandeur of Dudy Noble. And yes, I just ordered tickets for the Music City Bowl. I say all this because I have grown tiresome of the constant pessimism and down right disrespect for the athletic program and administration. Yes I am concerned about the future of our football program trajectory, but it could be a lot worse. We had a very successful SEC athletic program in 2019, just didn't over-achieve in football like some of our other sport teams. Guys, the glass is half full, not half empty

**** that. **** ALL of that.

Coach34
12-08-2019, 10:46 PM
3)He's 100 times better recruiter than Mullen was.

Is he? You think he will ever coach another team at State as talented as the 2018 team? I don't.

DeputyDawg94
12-08-2019, 11:11 PM
It doesn’t matter how well he recruits. He has proven that he can’t coach em. Ranking wise he isn’t that much better than Mullen. I agree that he is filling holes better but not by much. Joe has to have elite talent for his O to work. He ain’t getting elite talent across the board at State. He may get an elite player at a position or two, but never the whole offense. If he can’t out talent the other team he probably isn’t going to win. He had an elite D and screwed that all up. He has to prove he can do it with what he has to work with. Maybe he proves me wrong. That would be 17ing awesome! He has it to do tho because I have no faith in him.

dantheman4248
12-09-2019, 03:07 AM
Telling people to take a xanax same day as juice wrld died from a seizure likely due to complications with xanax.

Smart and socially conscious.

Really Clark?
12-09-2019, 07:31 AM
Telling people to take a xanax same day as juice wrld died from a seizure likely due to complications with xanax.

I hate that happened but honestly I had no clue that had happened and I doubt the OP did either when he posted. That’s kind of a harsh take.

MaroonFlounder
12-09-2019, 07:51 AM
Regarding recruiting...I guess the jury is still out, but..

Joe works the transfer portal.

Joe seems way more genuine and personable than Dan.

Joe and OL Coach M. Johnson will recruit better O-Linemen, and as I said, I don't think Mullen & Hev would have been able to land 5-star OT Charles Cross.

As far as offensive success (and King Jackie will tell you this) it all starts with the big guys up front.

Really Clark?
12-09-2019, 07:57 AM
Regarding recruiting...I guess the jury is still out, but..

Joe works the transfer portal.

Joe seems way more genuine and personable than Dan.

Joe and OL Coach M. Johnson will recruit better O-Linemen, and as I said, I don't think Mullen & Hev would have been able to land 5-star OT Charles Cross.

As far as offensive success (and King Jackie will tell you this) it all starts with the big guys up front.

Honestly, until the OL actually performs half as good as a Hev coached OL did, recruiting is irrelevant. Joe and Johnson are not recruiting 5 star OL every cycle either and it is still one of the absolute hardest positions to project and develop.

TrapGame
12-09-2019, 09:31 AM
Honestly, until the OL actually performs half as good as a Hev coached OL did, recruiting is irrelevant. Joe and Johnson are not recruiting 5 star OL every cycle either and it is still one of the absolute hardest positions to project and develop.

Part of the OL's performance is Joe's offense. They don't know if it's a run or a pass most plays. Against good defenses that's catastrophic.

timotheus
12-09-2019, 09:44 AM
I think trapgame just mentioned the real issue. And until Joe realizes this nothing much will look different to anybody. This is not a coach Johnson issue either as he is doing all within his power to get guys ready to play and attempt to execute this scheme. Joe's O will work smoothly with the 49ers WR's and the Ravens O Line. The problem with that is that Joe will never compile that much talent on one side of the ball in starkville. Every play cannot be an RPO. Thx and peace out.

Really Clark?
12-09-2019, 09:54 AM
Part of the OL's performance is Joe's offense. They don't know if it's a run or a pass most plays. Against good defenses that's catastrophic.

Or they have a blocking scheme called and when Joe changes the play Johnson is yelling to try and change it because it goes against what’s already been called for the OL. I know there are a ton of issues there as well. But overall, we were better coached above perceived talent level under Hev multiple years, we are coaching below what this group is capable of now

Matt3467
12-09-2019, 10:00 AM

False. Around the same numbers wise.

Matt3467
12-09-2019, 10:05 AM

Who is Juice wrld?? I've never heard of this dude in my life. Sucks he died but don't be a snowflake. I doubt anyone but you connected those dots.....

Mobile Bay
12-09-2019, 10:09 AM

Who is that and why do I care? WTF kind of name is that anyway.

TrapGame
12-09-2019, 10:12 AM
Or they have a blocking scheme called and when Joe changes the play Johnson is yelling to try and change it because it goes against what’s already been called for the OL. I know there are a ton of issues there as well. But overall, we were better coached above perceived talent level under Hev multiple years, we are coaching below what this group is capable of now

Hev and Dan were on the same page. I don't think any of the offensive coaches are really comfortable with Joe's offense.

Really Clark?
12-09-2019, 11:29 AM
Hev and Dan were on the same page. I don't think any of the offensive coaches are really comfortable with Joe's offense.

Yeah. And honestly Johnson is probably a better OL coach than what it looks like on the field. But Hev, as big of an albatross in recruiting you will find and a SOB, can really coach the OL and prepare them above what sites project a player to be a good bit.