PDA

View Full Version : At least we don't have an article like this floating around...

TheRef
10-30-2013, 09:16 AM
http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/oregonian/john_canzano/index.ssf/2013/10/canzano_blog_ex-ducks_player_t.html

"I will always love the ducks: my coaches, my teammates, my brothers and family. The rest... Go (expletive) yourselves."

biscuit
10-30-2013, 09:21 AM
Sounds like any SEC stadium on any Saturday.....or last Thursday night

TheRef
10-30-2013, 09:22 AM
Sounds like any SEC stadium on any Saturday.....or last Thursday night

I know....but I think it's funny how he decided to send this to a media outlet for them to publish it. SEC players at least just understand that it's how it happens and they just deal with it.

biscuit
10-30-2013, 09:24 AM
They haven't figured out how college football works out west. Butthurt is all he is.

Political Hack
10-30-2013, 09:28 AM
ouch.

that should be a positive recruiting tool for USC, et al.

smootness
10-30-2013, 09:53 AM
Is it bad if I actually agree with him, at least to some extent? I'm not surprised by it, and it doesn't make want to avoid games or tell the fanbase to (expletive) themselves, but it is a shame that a lot of people think that's what being a fan is about.

TheRef
10-30-2013, 09:55 AM
Is it bad if I actually agree with him, at least to some extent? I'm not surprised by it, and it doesn't make want to avoid games or tell the fanbase to (expletive) themselves, but it is a shame that a lot of people think that's what being a fan is about.

No no....It's not bad at all. Being a former player of football (albeit High School), I at least have a more than basic understanding of playcalling and gameplan work for games. So when I gripe about something, I usually have a good basis to work off of.

DawgInMemphis
10-30-2013, 09:58 AM
I don't know what this guy is talking about, all fans are football experts! **

C222
10-30-2013, 10:04 AM
I hear the same stuff at every one of our games.

Dawg61
10-30-2013, 10:14 AM
Maybe he should sit somewhere else next time or drink a beer and chill the **** out while at the game. There's idiots in all facets of life not just football games.

EngineerDawg
10-30-2013, 10:19 AM
I read it also and thought he had valid points.... but this is the real world he is encountering now.

haters gone hate
bitches gone bitch
etc...

dawgs
10-30-2013, 10:20 AM
this guy should visit every other BCS conference stadium. i'd be shocked if the exact same behavior didn't occur at all but a very very small handful of them (duke?). i hate when someone focuses like this on a single fanbase when the problem exist across the whole country. it's like our fans bitching about students and saying we have the "worst" students when the students are showing up late, leaving early, or not showing up at all everywhere. i agree it's something we should try to work on, but there's also no reason to go off calling them the "worst" over it and acting like we're any different from the rest of the world.