PDA

View Full Version : Joe Brady, yes again

TheLostDawg
12-08-2019, 12:42 PM
Many said he's not experience enough to be OC yet well news just broke that Texas is seriously looking into him to be their OC. Joe called coach O and congratulated him on the hire when Brady was hired last year. If Texas doesn't hire Brady, we should go after him. Yes we need good receivers to run the offense but we also need them for Joe's offense to work too. That's why we went and got a new WR coach last year. I'm hoping another year with Johnson and either a new S&C coach or better results from our current one will help increase production and consistency from our WR. If our WR improve and we get Joe Brady, we could be very scary next year. Look at the turn around LSU had. Yeah you are saying they have Burrow but we have Schrader and we have yet to see but glimpses of his potential.

TUSK
12-08-2019, 12:51 PM
Many said he's not experience enough to be OC yet well news just broke that Texas is seriously looking into him to be their OC. Joe called coach O and congratulated him on the hire when Brady was hired last year. If Texas doesn't hire Brady, we should go after him. Yes we need good receivers to run the offense but we also need them for Joe's offense to work too. That's why we went and got a new WR coach last year. I'm hoping another year with Johnson and either a new S&C coach or better results from our current one will help increase production and consistency from our WR. If our WR improve and we get Joe Brady, we could be very scary next year. Look at the turn around LSU had. Yeah you are saying they have Burrow but we have Schrader and we have yet to see but glimpses of his potential.

I'd be shocked if LSU let him go... Just last month there was talk of him gettin' $1.5M...

Coach34
12-08-2019, 12:52 PM
LSU is already slated to bump him to at least $1.5MM- more than we can pay. He is basically LSU's OC- just works with Ensminger also in gameplanning. Does him good to have a good vet like Steve to help him grow as a coach.

HoopsDawg
12-08-2019, 12:56 PM
Maybe we can hire him as head coach after the 2020 season.

RiverCityDawg
12-08-2019, 12:59 PM
Literally no one said he's not experienced enough to be an OC right now. People said we couldn't afford to get him because LSU will pay him whatever to stay. If not LSU then some other big program... like Texas. I imagine we could make him head coach, but that would be a HUGE gamble not worth taking.

Really Clark?
12-08-2019, 01:02 PM

News just broke? That’s been out there since Herman let his coordinators go.

War Machine Dawg
12-08-2019, 01:03 PM
Literally no one said he's not experienced enough to be an OC right now. People said we couldn't afford to get him because LSU will pay him whatever to stay. If not LSU then some other big program... like Texas. I imagine we could make him head coach, but that would be a HUGE gamble not worth taking.

If you're good enough, you're ready. Brady is good enough.

RiverCityDawg
12-08-2019, 01:06 PM

To be a head coach in the SEC? Maybe. But it would be a total guess.

dawgday166
12-08-2019, 01:07 PM

Not always. Lot of difference between being in the background and being in the headlights.

parabrave
12-08-2019, 01:09 PM
LSU is already slated to bump him to at least $1.5MM- more than we can pay. He is basically LSU's OC- just works with Ensminger also in gameplanning. Does him good to have a good vet like Steve to help him grow as a coach.

LSUs piggy bank got shut down last year*. Wouldn't matter LSU and us combined couldn't match the Longhorns resources.

Rex54
12-08-2019, 01:16 PM
Napier

Quaoarsking
12-08-2019, 01:17 PM
Maybe we can hire him as head coach after the 2020 season.

We'd probably need to do it after the bowl game if we want to go that route. If LSU has a great offense again next year, every vacancy is going to want him.

Jack Lambert
12-08-2019, 01:22 PM
LSUs piggy bank got shut down last year*. Wouldn't matter LSU and us combined couldn't match the Longhorns resources.

Texas and Texas A&M can out bid anyone for a coach.

MarketingBully
12-08-2019, 01:23 PM
We'd probably need to do it after the bowl game if we want to go that route. If LSU has a great offense again next year, every vacancy is going to want him.

Who is the QB that will run that system next year? Brennan doesn’t fit it and who on the transfer portal could make the same impact Joe Burrow could?

basedog
12-08-2019, 01:24 PM
With Herman being somewhat on the hot sit Brady would be crazy leaving LSU right now.

trojandawg
12-08-2019, 01:24 PM
He?s not coming here and putting himself with jo. He is looking for bigger things and rings. LSU is about to pay him big money or he will go to Texas snd make big money. Most of his offense comes from his time with the saints anyway. There is a difference in Franklin pushing jo to take the job and coach o. Coach O is going to do everything he can to ker him. Brady wouldn?t make the same difference here either. We don?t have the nfl passing game talent on this team that LSU does. Forget about it. Chances are Napier will be our coach next December anyway.

MarketingBully
12-08-2019, 02:18 PM
He?s not coming here and putting himself with jo. He is looking for bigger things and rings. LSU is about to pay him big money or he will go to Texas snd make big money. Most of his offense comes from his time with the saints anyway. There is a difference in Franklin pushing jo to take the job and coach o. Coach O is going to do everything he can to ker him. Brady wouldn?t make the same difference here either. We don?t have the nfl passing game talent on this team that LSU does. Forget about it. Chances are Napier will be our coach next December anyway.

Brady considers Moorhead his mentor. They are very close. I think if Moorhead pushed him to join him at State he would highly consider it. It would be better then being in O and Emsminger’s shadow. But anyway after this year, what QB will they get to run his system at LSU? Burrow will be gone. Shrader fits it. He could come in and mold another future NFL QB. We could pay him $1 million+ which isn’t $1.5 million but at some point is there really that much difference in $1 million a year and $1.5 million when you consider cost of living between Starkville and Baton Rouge. But the simple fact remains. Does JoMo want Brady on his staff or is this just our message board conjecture? My guess is JoMo is fine with the staff he has which is unfortunate.

ShotgunDawg
12-08-2019, 02:20 PM
I think Brady goes to the NFL as an OC. Not sure why he'd stay at LSU and have develop another QB

May just get hired by whoever drafts Burrow

Lord McBuckethead
12-08-2019, 02:32 PM

You may have to give him more than 2 years to get up to speed, and it is clear our fan base will turn on you way before that cause we want progress now, not tomorrow.

HoopsDawg
12-08-2019, 02:34 PM
You may have to give him more than 2 years to get up to speed, and it is clear our fan base will turn on you way before that cause we want progress now, not tomorrow.

I'm sure Brady has a certain career trajectory envisioned right now, and I highly doubt we are a part of that vision.

Homedawg
12-08-2019, 02:41 PM
Brady considers Moorhead his mentor. They are very close. I think if Moorhead pushed him to join him at State he would highly consider it. It would be better then being in O and Emsminger’s shadow. But anyway after this year, what QB will they get to run his system at LSU? Burrow will be gone. Shrader fits it. He could come in and mold another future NFL QB. We could pay him $1 million+ which isn’t $1.5 million but at some point is there really that much difference in $1 million a year and $1.5 million when you consider cost of living between Starkville and Baton Rouge. But the simple fact remains. Does JoMo want Brady on his staff or is this just our message board conjecture? My guess is JoMo is fine with the staff he has which is unfortunate.

You really think he'd come here to be coordinator?? Not a chance.

parabrave
12-08-2019, 02:43 PM

Sharder couldn't carry Burrows jock right now.

Irondawg
12-08-2019, 03:22 PM
If Brady and Joe are so close why didn?t Joe hire him either year at MSU?

Percho
12-08-2019, 04:21 PM

What ain't a guess?