PDA

View Full Version : Belk Bowl it is...

gtowndawg
12-08-2019, 09:47 AM
According to Matt Wyatt. He just posted that on his Facebook page (he said barring anything crazy).

Pretty much the last place I wanted to see us go. Yawn.

maroonwhitedawg3ddd
12-08-2019, 09:54 AM
Yep if so I'll save my coins and watch on TV!! Hailstate!!

timotheus
12-08-2019, 09:54 AM
play V Tech then?

gtowndawg
12-08-2019, 09:56 AM
play V Tech then?

He didn?t mention opponent but that would make sense. They need someone local because we won?t have anyone there.

msudawg1200
12-08-2019, 10:18 AM
He didn?t mention opponent but that would make sense. They need someone local because we won?t have anyone there.

Yep. VT is actually lobbying for this bowl because of location. They travel well. It will be like a true road game for us. I hated going here at first. I wanted to play Louisville in Nashville. They would have been an easier opponent and we’d have likely been favored, but nope the Savant needs to be an underdog in what amounts to a road game. Cohen said the bowl will be a business trip not a vacation. Let’s see if ol’ Sloppy can change anything, or will we still look as lifeless as ever on the road. Interesting side note, this is longtime VT DC Bud Foster’s last game. Let’s see if the genius can out gameplan the old pro. I doubt it.

gtowndawg
12-08-2019, 10:44 AM
Yep. VT is actually lobbying for this bowl because of location. They travel well. It will be like a true road game for us. I hated going here at first. I wanted to play Louisville in Nashville. They would have been an easier opponent and we’d have likely been favored, but nope the Savant needs to be an underdog in what amounts to a road game. Cohen said the bowl will be a business trip not a vacation. Let’s see if ol’ Sloppy can change anything, or will we still look as lifeless as ever on the road. Interesting side note, this is longtime VT DC Bud Foster’s last game. Let’s see if the genius can out gameplan the old pro. I doubt it.

Good points. I agree.

timotheus
12-08-2019, 10:46 AM
Hope Tommy is all healed up. We gonna need him********

Todd4State
12-08-2019, 10:52 AM

Bad matchup for us. And as you said they’ll be fired up for Bud Foster.

basedog
12-08-2019, 11:00 AM
Bad matchup for us. And as you said they’ll be fired up for Bud Foster.

Buuutttt we are fired up for Joe****

gravedigger
12-08-2019, 11:06 AM
According to Matt Wyatt. He just posted that on his Facebook page (he said barring anything crazy).

Pretty much the last place I wanted to see us go. Yawn.

Because music city or liberty are more exciting?

maroonmania
12-08-2019, 11:08 AM
Oh well, figures given that was the last bowl we wanted of the possibilities we had. Also, VT has played really well the last half of the year. Would be a bad matchup for us no doubt.

Todd4State
Also want to point out that VT has played two FCS teams this year so their record is probably slightly inflated.

Todd4State

More convenient for our fans for sure.

Todd4State
12-08-2019, 11:10 AM
Buuutttt we are fired up for Joe****

I wonder if a bad showing by us could possibly sway a booster or two to fire him after the bowl?

maroonmania
12-08-2019, 11:10 AM

More about location within proximity to the bulk of our fanbase more than anything. If location is convenient we would have a decent amount of fans there. Doubt a ton of fans are going to travel and spend money to see this particular MSU team in a bowl game. Just the way it is for now until we have a higher quality team.

maroonmania
12-08-2019, 11:13 AM
I wonder if a bad showing by us could possibly sway a booster or two to fire him after the bowl?

No, just too late in the game. I certainly hope we win but bowl performance is really usually not a major factor in whether you keep a coach or not.

Coach34
12-08-2019, 11:16 AM
There wont be more than 500 State fans make that trip

timotheus
12-08-2019, 11:19 AM
He told folks to kick rocks and pound sand. that pretty much totals it all up. said he knows how respected he is by his peers.....I'm not sure the DC's he faces would phrase it exactly that way but carry on. At least it won't be too hot during bowl practice....

Hambone
12-08-2019, 11:25 AM
Yes there will. That’s just a stupid statement by you. There will be at least three times as many as you say.

BogeyGolfer
12-08-2019, 11:34 AM

You are spot on, I was going to make the trip to Memphis which is only an 1 1/2 from home and probably Nashville as well just to have something to do...No way in heck I'm I spending money or time to drive or fly to Charlotte to watch "No-tempo Joe's" ineptness.

Apoplectic
12-08-2019, 11:35 AM
Welp I’m out

gtowndawg
12-08-2019, 11:43 AM
More convenient for our fans for sure.

That?s the point. Liberty, Music or even Texas much more convenient for 90% of state fans.

basedog
12-08-2019, 11:46 AM

What I?m thinking.

Dawgface
12-08-2019, 11:49 AM
I wonder if we will have a delay of game 1st offensive play? I'm guessing there is a 50% chance.

dawgday166
12-08-2019, 11:57 AM
My crystal ball says a lot of 6-6/Belk Bowl years are in our future. Just so long as we win the Egg.

parabrave
12-08-2019, 11:58 AM

Well there are alot of alumni in the Upstate and Brunswick dog can make the trip.

Coach34
12-08-2019, 12:00 PM
Well there are alot of alumni in the Upstate and Brunswick dog can make the trip.

a lot of them may be pounding sand or kicking rocks that day

TrapGame
12-08-2019, 12:01 PM
No, just too late in the game. I certainly hope we win but bowl performance is really usually not a major factor in whether you keep a coach or not.

Michigan canned Rich Rod after Dan embarrassed him. If we get embarrassed by Va Tech there will be a push and it will depend on the emotions of the boosters that decided to back Joe after the EB and who's available to hire. If Napier is still at ULL it could get interesting.

Quaoarsking
12-08-2019, 12:04 PM
I would go if same-day flights were cheap and convenient.

They aren't. On Google Flights, you can get a roundtrip nonstop flight from Jackson to Charlotte around that time for $210. But if you want to go up and back the same day, it's $271. And if you want to arrive and leave at times that work for attending the game, it's ... $672.

I hate airline pricing. That $271 flight leaves Charlotte a couple hours after arrival and connects back through Oklahoma City and Dallas. I guess American thinks that 3 flights and a whole bunch of extra air miles justify a $400 reduction...

Dawgology
12-08-2019, 12:27 PM
Imagine that...our AD negotiates with the SEC and we end up in the last place the majority of State fans wanted to go. Sensing a pattern here anyone? Lol...what a tool.

gravedigger
12-08-2019, 12:29 PM
That?s the point. Liberty, Music or even Texas much more convenient for 90% of state fans.

10-4. Thought you were saying something about the bowl experience made it less fun

Dawgology
12-08-2019, 12:30 PM

That’ll be our ceiling under JoMo and Larry Templeton 2.0

TaleofTwoDogs
12-08-2019, 12:36 PM
Ironic, the Belk Bowl kick-off is......wait for it.....11AM

Todd4State
12-08-2019, 12:41 PM
Ironic, the Belk Bowl kick-off is......wait for it.....11AM

Appropriate.

DownwardDawg
12-08-2019, 12:42 PM
Michigan canned Rich Rod after Dan embarrassed him. If we get embarrassed by Va Tech there will be a push and it will depend on the emotions of the boosters that decided to back Joe after the EB and who's available to hire. If Napier is still at ULL it could get interesting.

And Hud’s season will be over.

dawgoneyall
12-08-2019, 01:15 PM
Do they sell beer at the Belk?

dawgday166
12-08-2019, 01:16 PM
That’ll be our ceiling under JoMo and Larry Templeton 2.0

Unfortunately ... I reckon so.

Behrdawg
12-08-2019, 01:25 PM

Nashville or Charlotte?

Not hard.

Maroonthirteen
12-08-2019, 01:27 PM
You are spot on, I was going to make the trip to Memphis which is only an 1 1/2 from home and probably Nashville as well just to have something to do...No way in heck I'm I spending money or time to drive or fly to Charlotte to watch "No-tempo Joe's" ineptness.

Yeah, I would have attend the music city or liberty bowl. I can?t make Charlotte.

I?ll save the cash for the 2020 season. Maybe I can get club level cheap since state fans are canceling their season tickets for 2020. Hahahaha.

parabrave
12-08-2019, 01:31 PM
Wasn't the weather shitt7 when we were at the Belk Bowl?

trojandawg
12-08-2019, 01:31 PM
I guess music city lobbied hard for Tennessee because they wanted s big crowd and didn?t think our fans would travel well this year. That or jo lobbied for charolette so his boy Shrader could play in front of a home home crowd. He and trmpleton 2.0 min might have done that so not as many fans would travel to tell jo he sucks and hurt his feelings.

MetEdDawg
12-08-2019, 01:45 PM
Anyone have any early clue as to where Bulldog Club seat location will be?

basedog
12-08-2019, 01:46 PM
Wake Forest in Belk Bowl. I'd like that over VT.

Political Hack
12-08-2019, 01:48 PM
Y'all knew we were going to get bumped down. There's no excitement around the program right now despite an egg bowl win, which usually gets the fan base going. They've destroyed what Mullen built in less than 2 seasons.

msudawg1200
12-08-2019, 01:59 PM
Everything I’ve seen is that VT has been lobbying hard for the Belk because of location.

Dawgfan77
12-08-2019, 02:00 PM
I wouldn?t drive to Starkville to watch our abomination of SloMos program let alone spend the $$ to see it in Charlotte Call what you will but our coach and administration told me to kick rocks and pound sand

OLJWales
12-08-2019, 02:03 PM
Y'all knew we were going to get bumped down. There's no excitement around the program right now despite an egg bowl win, which usually gets the fan base going. They've destroyed what Mullen built in less than 2 seasons.

Somebody took a jab at me for saying this year's egg trophy left me unexcited. This was my 50th egg bowl and the first to feel uninspired after a win. I was excited we won at the time but "no new coach" kicked me in the gut. Sympathies for the Vegas bidness owners.

Gutter Cobreh
12-08-2019, 02:06 PM

This is correct. While a majority of fans are in and around the MS area, don't discount those of us who happen to live closer to Charlotte. Hell, we had more than 500 fans at the women's basketball game last year at South Carolina (which was played on a Sunday afternoon).

a lot of them may be pounding sand or kicking rocks that day

Maybe, but I suspect those that attend will be supporting our student athletes. While we talk a lot about the coach, I think it's important not to forget these kids who chose to attend the same school we did and have spent their time and energy representing our school. It ain't always about Joe!

basedog
12-08-2019, 02:09 PM
Probably will be VT.

OLJWales
12-08-2019, 02:14 PM
If memory serves me, didn't Mullen scrape out a tough bowl win vs Wake? hadn't looked at Wake this year but VT is 8-4 with a 1 point loss to ND but was down 14-3 at half to Furman before rallying for a 7 point win.

If it's VT, then I'm gonna predict it will be MSU + 5.5. Gamblers will see 8-4 vs 6-6 with VT playing close to home.

msu15
12-08-2019, 02:22 PM
If memory serves me, didn't Mullen scrape out a tough bowl win vs Wake? hadn't looked at Wake this year but VT is 8-4 with a 1 point loss to ND but was down 14-3 at half to Furman before rallying for a 7 point win.

If it's VT, then I'm gonna predict it will be MSU + 5.5. Gamblers will see 8-4 vs 6-6 with VT playing close to home.
Yep 2011 Music City over Wake

gtowndawg
12-08-2019, 02:41 PM
This was my 50th egg bowl.

Dang, thanks for your service.

Tbonewannabe
12-08-2019, 03:41 PM
Bad matchup for us. And as you said they?ll be fired up for Bud Foster.

What team with a winning record isn't a bad matchup for us? We went into UT with them almost last in the country in rush defense and pass rush. All they did was hold Kylin to 13 yards and get 6 sacks.

BulldogBear
12-08-2019, 04:07 PM
What team with a winning record isn't a bad matchup for us? We went into UT with them almost last in the country in rush defense and pass rush. All they did was hold Kylin to 13 yards and get 6 sacks.

Hammer meet nail

MaroonFlounder
12-08-2019, 04:10 PM
Matt and SPS were wrong. It's Nashville.

gtowndawg
12-08-2019, 04:27 PM

Hope Matt was wrong. Nobody seems excited about Belk at all.

Dawgology
12-08-2019, 04:27 PM
Everyone’s sources suck giant balls

OLJWales
12-08-2019, 04:29 PM

Huh?

gtowndawg
12-08-2019, 04:35 PM
Huh?

Matt Wyatt posted on Facebook and Tweeted this morning we were headed to the Belk Bowl. Thus the reference to Matt. I guess SPS must have posted that as well.

gravedigger
12-08-2019, 05:07 PM
Everyone’s sources suck giant balls

Seems thats been a theme here for 2 1/2 weeks

Todd4State
12-08-2019, 05:18 PM
Matt Wyatt posted on Facebook and Tweeted this morning we were headed to the Belk Bowl. Thus the reference to Matt. I guess SPS must have posted that as well.

Controlled leak so that our fans would complain on social media and show it to the Belk Bowl?

Jack Lambert
12-08-2019, 05:22 PM
Matt needs a new source as well.

Todd4State
12-08-2019, 05:25 PM
Matt needs a new source as well.

Bowl negotiations usually aren’t completely settled until the day they are announced. Lots of bargaining and things like that. It’s why you never make plans until they are announced if you go.

Jack Lambert
12-08-2019, 05:28 PM
Bowl negotiations usually aren’t completely settled until the day they are announced. Lots of bargaining and things like that. It’s why you never make plans until they are announced if you go.

It was tong and cheek. I look at Matt as a source. State probably thought it was the Belk bowl up to the last minute.

Homedawg
12-08-2019, 06:05 PM

There was no early signing day. We aren't firing him after the bowl.