PDA

View Full Version : Any of you guys wanting Bill Clark as HC are crazy

Matt3467
12-07-2019, 08:06 PM
C R A Z Y

The 9 teams he beat have a combined W/L record of 29-78

In his 4 losses he scored a grand total of 28 points. His teams looked pathetic vs USM, FAU, TENN.

Their only quality win was against LA Tech.

But there are people on this board that have wanted him from the start.

Todd4State
12-07-2019, 08:09 PM
Of all the potential candidates out there I have the most concerns about him. His offense is not great. He has only been in Alabama his whole career. You laid out the rest.

msstate7
12-07-2019, 08:12 PM
To be fair, their O/U was only 7 coming into this season. He overachieved.

He's never been my favorite, but to criticize him for this year is ridiculous. They weren't supposed to be good

the_real_MSU_is_us
12-07-2019, 08:15 PM
Hud is a much better coach. Higher peak success than Clark has ever had... for 4 straight years, and he had immediate success at Austin Pea, and he knows MS recruiting, and he's younger, and he is unlikely to ditch us if he's successful.

I think nobody really knows how hard it is to take a literally dead program and build a team from scratch. A lot of people seemed to assume that what he did is the greatest coaching achievement ever done, but his time since then has proved he's no Saban. I just think we never see a program get cancelled and then revived, so we don't really know how to gauge how hard of a coaching job it is

Todd4State
12-07-2019, 08:19 PM

He's never been my favorite, but to criticize him for this year is ridiculous. They weren't supposed to be good

Careful. Some coaching metrics said that Joe has done a good job for us as well.

Captain Falcon
12-07-2019, 09:15 PM
Clark is a good coach but I don’t think he would be at the top of our board unless they have a really special year next year.

timotheus
12-07-2019, 09:19 PM
I'd rather have clark than joe but that ain't what we talking about

maroonmania
12-07-2019, 09:32 PM
Clark is a good coach but I don’t think he would be at the top of our board unless they have a really special year next year.

I'm not saying Clark should be at the top of our list but some of you don't seem to understand all of the disadvantages he has to deal with at UAB. Yet, even with all of that, he won CUSA last year and made it back to the championship game this year.

dantheman4248
12-07-2019, 09:39 PM
Hud is a much better coach. Higher peak success than Clark has ever had... for 4 straight years, and he had immediate success at Austin Pea, and he knows MS recruiting, and he's younger, and he is unlikely to ditch us if he's successful.

I think nobody really knows how hard it is to take a literally dead program and build a team from scratch. A lot of people seemed to assume that what he did is the greatest coaching achievement ever done, but his time since then has proved he's no Saban. I just think we never see a program get cancelled and then revived, so we don't really know how to gauge how hard of a coaching job it is

With the amount of 23, 24, and 25 year olds on the initial rosters, a lot easier than you would imagine.

Captain Falcon
12-07-2019, 10:01 PM
I'm not saying Clark should be at the top of our list but some of you don't seem to understand all of the disadvantages he has to deal with at UAB. Yet, even with all of that, he won CUSA last year and made it back to the championship game this year.

Oh I don’t disagree with you at all, I’m a big fan of Clark’s. He was my first choice two years ago and I would’ve been good with hiring him this year had we made a change. Just seems from all indications that Cohen and company have never been super interested in him.

Homedawg
12-07-2019, 10:13 PM
C R A Z Y

The 9 teams he beat have a combined W/L record of 29-78

In his 4 losses he scored a grand total of 28 points. His teams looked pathetic vs USM, FAU, TENN.

Their only quality win was against LA Tech.

But there are people on this board that have wanted him from the start.

Bill Clark will never be the coach here if Jc is ad. Just won't. So no worries for a bit.

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
12-08-2019, 01:17 AM
Bill Clark will never be the coach here if Jc is ad. Just won't. So no worries for a bit.

So, if you throw this out, you need to go ahead and elaborate on it a little. Why will Clark never be the coach here as long as Jc is our Athletic Director?

Todd4State
12-08-2019, 01:53 AM
With the amount of 23, 24, and 25 year olds on the initial rosters, a lot easier than you would imagine.

So they're the BYU of the South?

Ari Gold
12-08-2019, 09:06 AM
Wether u want Bill Clark or not
That guy in 3 years at UAB took a program that didn’t even have ****ing football 2015 and 2016, has more wins than loses and won a conference championship and a bowl game ..Thats ****ing impressive and borderline amazing

MarketingBully
12-08-2019, 10:04 AM
Wether u want Bill Clark or not
That guy in 3 years at UAB took a program that didn’t even have ****ing football 2015 and 2016, has more wins than loses and won a conference championship and a bowl game ..Thats ****ing impressive and borderline amazing

Yep. These people are plain dumb. He’s done more with less then any G5 coach out there period. But just let dumb people be dumb. And if JC is that narrow minded as he won’t hire Clark no matter what he’s an idiot as well. After all, he’s the idiot that gave us Moorhead and only looked at Coordinators. Btw, Clark’s specialty is defense not offense so I’m sure if he were here he’d go after a top notch OC and stay out of the way.

MarketingBully
12-08-2019, 10:05 AM

It isn’t for his interview skills Bill Clark is very impressive in person. If JC is that narrow minded he doesn’t need to be our athletic director.

RougeDawg
12-08-2019, 10:08 AM
Either way you view Bill Clark, just about every current P5/G5 head coach is better than what we have. Give any of them the talent we have had the last two seasons and we are looking at 4 more total wins period. Most likely 5 or 6 more wins.

The bottom line is, everyone with half a brain knows SloMo is not the answer and knows we need to make a change. At this point any change would be a net positive.

MarketingBully
12-08-2019, 10:13 AM

Before Clark was at UAB they had been to one bowl in their history and that happened to be the last time they went to a bowl in 2004. UAB is horrifyingly bad and not only has he never had a losing season there but he survived the death penalty and kept on trucking like it never happened. People on here act like it was easy to win at UAB. It’s not. You have to fight the Alabama board of regents on anything you do which is loaded with University of Alabama people. They control everything including who he can hire on his staff. They can literally reject anything he does and they also control his salary. Talk about someone who is loyal. I don’t think he would bolt at the next best thing either. Unlike what Ole Miss hires which I think if Kiffin is successful he will bolt for the next big job as soon as possible.

timotheus
12-08-2019, 10:16 AM
Kiffin wants the Bama job in a few years. Lets sit back and see how it goes.

MarketingBully
12-08-2019, 10:18 AM
Kiffin wants the Bama job in a few years. Lets sit back and see how it goes.

Bama would never hire Kiffin. Never.

timotheus
12-08-2019, 10:44 AM
Maybe u misread it. I didn't say he would get the job. I think he dislikes Nick enuf to want to one up him.

dantheman4248
12-08-2019, 11:14 AM
So they're the BYU of the South?

Those first two years they got to feel the effects of guys who stayed basically having two redshirt years. Let's look at their leading tackler in 2017 for an example. Tevin Crews was a Junior when UAB played at MSU in 2014.

Now I'm not completely knocking what Clark has done, I am merely providing context that there were at least SOME things that also made it easier for him rather than blindly believing everything about restarting a program is difficult. Those effects are almost gone too so he is sustatining a high level of play at UAB with another division win.

basedog
12-08-2019, 12:11 PM
I just don’t see him as a Hot coach going to any Sec school. Only mention of his name to any Sec team is ED posters wishing for him to come to MSU. And Big Ears Pauuulie.
He is probably where he needs to be, nothing at all about him makes me want him at MSU.

NCDawg
12-08-2019, 12:32 PM
Either way you view Bill Clark, just about every current P5/G5 head coach is better than what we have. Give any of them the talent we have had the last two seasons and we are looking at 4 more total wins period. Most likely 5 or 6 more wins.

The bottom line is, everyone with half a brain knows SloMo is not the answer and knows we need to make a change. At this point any change would be a net positive.

I agree that Clark would be much preferable to our current coach. Fact of business, quite a few coaches would be preferable to our current coach.

OLJWales
12-08-2019, 03:16 PM
If he is offered, then that means it goes bad for us over the next few years.