PDA

View Full Version : I Think the Media Is Expecting OM to Cheat with Kiffin

ShotgunDawg
12-07-2019, 05:56 PM
At very least, I expect thr media to have a close eye on Oxford

msstate7
12-07-2019, 05:58 PM
Well they're right. Joe's status as a recruiting ace is about to be tested as he gets a big glimpse of what Mullen faces trying to recruit this state

Todd4State
12-07-2019, 06:03 PM
Well they're right. Joe's status as a recruiting ace is about to be tested as he gets a big glimpse of what Mullen faces trying to recruit this state

Mullen was lazy. There is zero question about that. It’s not like the Network really stopped after Freeze left.

Liverpooldawg
12-07-2019, 06:04 PM
Like they ever stopped cheating.

ShotgunDawg
12-07-2019, 06:06 PM
Like they ever stopped cheating.

They certainly did with Ealy

It?ll be interesting to see what happens with so eyes on them.

Nobody will give them the benefit of the doubt

dawgday166
12-07-2019, 06:06 PM
There is cheating and then THERE is cheating. They have toned it down a good bit ... at least initially. I don't see the 4 and 5* Olinemen, DLinemen, and WRs from out of state like they were doing before.

ShotgunDawg
12-07-2019, 06:11 PM
Orgeron told Kiffin he wasn’t a fit for Ole Miss. I wonder what Ed meant?

KOdawg1
12-07-2019, 06:17 PM
If they're smart, they'll slowly transition into it this time. They cant start reeling in 5*s a year after signing a class in the 30s.

However, they aren't smart, so I fully expect them to sign a top 15 class next year bc they miss the headlines and can't help themselves. Crootin szn is back in Oxford

KOdawg1
12-07-2019, 06:18 PM
Orgeron told Kiffin he wasn?t a fit for Ole Miss. I wonder what Ed meant?
Idk but Ed coached there, so he'd know

dawgday166
12-07-2019, 06:19 PM
If they're smart, they'll slowly transition into it this time. They cant start reeling in 5*s a year after signing a class in the 30s.

However, they aren't smart, so I fully expect them to sign a top 15 class next year bc they miss the headlines and can't help themselves. Crootin szn is back in Oxford

I wouldn't bet on that this time around.

BeardoMSU
12-07-2019, 06:22 PM
Mullen was lazy. There is zero question about that. It’s not like the Network really stopped after Freeze left.

True, but it will definitely be telling if there is a quantum shift in their favor.

ShotgunDawg
12-07-2019, 06:22 PM

Not sure Kiffin will be there long enough to take it slow.

Mobile Bay
12-07-2019, 06:32 PM
I was listening to some sports talk show this morning and the guest talking head said that a big 12 official told him they expect a show cause in three years.

Coursesuper
12-07-2019, 06:32 PM
Orgeron told Kiffin he wasn?t a fit for Ole Miss. I wonder what Ed meant?

It means Kiffin isn?t a yes man like Freeze is. This could get crazy up there if he starts bucking the ole boys.

ShotgunDawg
12-07-2019, 06:36 PM
It means Kiffin isn?t a yes man like Freeze is. This could get crazy up there if he starts bucking the ole boys.

Difference is, Freeze owed his career to those boosters. Kiffin does not. He’ll just leave

basedog
12-07-2019, 06:38 PM
Saban says f*ck Kiffin***

May be a game Nick runs the score up!

Liverpooldawg
12-07-2019, 06:44 PM

Kiffen trolled Saban hard on Twitter after the Auburn game.

MedDawg
12-07-2019, 06:45 PM
Suddenly the town of Oxford will (again) be the best town in the country, and 5-star recruits will love it. Funny how that comes and goes with different coaches and the NCAA around.

basedog
12-07-2019, 06:46 PM
Kiffen trolled Saban hard on Twitter after the Auburn game.

Gonna be fun.

Martianlander
12-07-2019, 07:41 PM

Saban?s just mad because umm passed on him for Lane boy****

Coach34
12-07-2019, 07:54 PM
the NCAA is weak and toothless. OM will be on par or better than us in 2020 after all the BS Freeze pulled. Getting all antzy in your pantzy about the NCAA is ridiculous at this point

Todd4State
12-07-2019, 08:02 PM
I was listening to some sports talk show this morning and the guest talking head said that a big 12 official told him they expect a show cause in three years.

That's the thing. If Ole Miss ever has success in football no one is going to believe that it's legit ever again. They completely burned bridges with the National media. And then the local media basically ignoring everything at the same time while the National media looked on was a really bad look for their image.

I would suspect that there will be some Houston Nutt moments up there over the next few years.

Suddenly the town of Oxford will (again) be the best town in the country, and 5-star recruits will love it. Funny how that comes and goes with different coaches and the NCAA around.

I may be na?ve but I don't think they will ever recruit nationally while cheating like that ever again. 3-4 star guys? Yeah. Five stars from all over the country? No. And if they do try I don't think it will be for long.

Todd4State
12-07-2019, 08:03 PM
the NCAA is weak and toothless. OM will be on par or better than us in 2020 after all the BS Freeze pulled. Getting all antzy in your pantzy about the NCAA is ridiculous at this point

We should worry more about Bracky than the NCAA. He will punish more severely than they ever will.

BeardoMSU
12-07-2019, 08:16 PM
We should worry more about Bracky than the NCAA. He will punish more severely than they ever will.

Yes, lol. He'll probably start suspending our players just because they're from the same school district as guys OM pays.

Todd4State
12-07-2019, 08:18 PM
Yes, lol. He'll probably start suspending our players just because they're from the same school district as guys OM pays.

Or making them ineligible because they received money from Ole Miss. But only after launching a University wide investigation to vet out all our other guys who took cash from them as well and making them ineligible as well.

the_real_MSU_is_us
12-07-2019, 08:33 PM

I mean the NCAA gave Mizzou a bowl ban and HUGE fines for the same tutor stuff we did, so yes, it's highly likely the NCAA will hammer us. The NCAA is bipolar and completely unpredictable. Let NC get away with fake classes but hammer Mizzou for 1 rogue tutor that Mizzou self reported. I think we're better off denying and lawyering up ala OM than we are self reporting but the NCAA definetely 'ain't "toothless"

I disagree that they're toothless, but I do agree going balls to the wall is the best method anyway. Lets not forget OM got 1/10th what they should have, and would have gotten 1/20th if Tunsil hadn't LITERALLY said he took cash from OM coaches on national TV which made it a bad look for the NCAA if they had then said "we found nothing, so OM gets off with a slap on the wrist" as they were going to. EVERYONE cheats, it would be relegating ourselves to 6-8 wins forever to not play the game too.

It's like a prison break where the guard has 1 bullet- he probably isn't going to shoot at you because there's so many of us, and if he does he's as likely to miss as hit you, so you'd better run rather than be the only prisoner left behind serving your life sentence. OM knows this because they care about WINNING, I'm not sure our administration cares as long as we're "respectable" and making money

Bothrops
12-07-2019, 08:34 PM
The NCAA wouldn't have done a ****ing thing to Ole Miss if it weren't for the on air admission by Tunsil. Not a *******ed thing.

the_real_MSU_is_us
12-07-2019, 08:44 PM
The NCAA wouldn't have done a ****ing thing to Ole Miss if it weren't for the on air admission by Tunsil. Not a *******ed thing.

Agreed. They were almost done wit the investigation but went back to desperately try to find actual violations they could hammer OM for, because Tunsil made the only alternative to be "Well we know they cheated because their own players says they did, but we couldn't find any proof of any of it so they get away with it. But 'yall better still respect us and not cheat yourselves!".

OM cheated as big as any Blue Blood does, and got away with it. It was eyewitness testimony to the entire world that got Om in trouble, and EVEN THEN the punishment was a joke compared ot what we know they did.

NOW, regarding OM cheating hard under Kiffin, why wouldn't they? Be smarter about it, sure. Make sure your players know not to admit to it, sure. But they know they can get away with it, and now they've seen what the NCAA can do up close and personal so they know better than anyone how to hide it. Plus think of it from the NCAA's perspective: They acted like they hammered OM. Absolutely torched them in the official statements. YET, to go back to Oxford a mere 4-5 years after that is to admit their punishments failed. NCAA doesn't want to do that. They'd rather just turn a blind eye to it like they do when Bama's players all somehow drive Chargers, or when John Emory suddenly gets a new truck right before committing to LSU. State, however, will be subject to the same scrutiny that we always have.

timotheus
12-07-2019, 09:25 PM
I'm in a group message with shark guys and they are already planning Ov's and estimating $$.

maroonmania
12-07-2019, 09:27 PM
I mean the NCAA gave Mizzou a bowl ban and HUGE fines for the same tutor stuff we did, so yes, it's highly likely the NCAA will hammer us. The NCAA is bipolar and completely unpredictable. Let NC get away with fake classes but hammer Mizzou for 1 rogue tutor that Mizzou self reported. I think we're better off denying and lawyering up ala OM than we are self reporting but the NCAA definetely 'ain't "toothless"

I disagree that they're toothless, but I do agree going balls to the wall is the best method anyway. Lets not forget OM got 1/10th what they should have, and would have gotten 1/20th if Tunsil hadn't LITERALLY said he took cash from OM coaches on national TV which made it a bad look for the NCAA if they had then said "we found nothing, so OM gets off with a slap on the wrist" as they were going to. EVERYONE cheats, it would be relegating ourselves to 6-8 wins forever to not play the game too.

It's like a prison break where the guard has 1 bullet- he probably isn't going to shoot at you because there's so many of us, and if he does he's as likely to miss as hit you, so you'd better run rather than be the only prisoner left behind serving your life sentence. OM knows this because they care about WINNING, I'm not sure our administration cares as long as we're "respectable" and making money

I don't find the NCAA that unpredictable. Appears to me that if you fight them and stonewall them and make them dig up their own evidence against you, you will come out pretty well off. If you gift wrap them the evidence of your own violations and throw yourself on their mercy by self reporting, they will hammer you.

War Machine Dawg
12-07-2019, 11:22 PM
They won't have to cheat anymore, per we. They'll find a way to pay players through the new image rights rules. Instead of the money passing under the table, they'll pass it over the table. And everyone will know they're doing it, but it'll all be within the rules and not a damn thing will be able to stop them.

Meanwhile, we'll be on probation in perpetuity because of our "exemplary cooperation." Until we realize crootin is a mud pit and we've got to crawl in and get muddy like everyone else, we're never going to be competitive. It's why I've harped for years about having a failed high school coach running our football compliance. It's absurd. But Bracky is cheap and gets pats on the back from the NCAA, so lil ol' MSU is fine with him.