PDA

View Full Version : I have never seen a more insecure fan base

Dawgfan77
12-07-2019, 02:43 PM
Than is right now. Y?all act like OM just hires MFen nick Saban. I know it suck we have an incompetent HC and AD but damn. LK ain?t coming in there and making them great or a National power.
Damn boys.

TUSK
12-07-2019, 02:49 PM
Than is right now. Y?all act like OM just hires MFen nick Saban. I know it suck we have an incompetent HC and AD but damn. LK ain?t coming in there and making them great or a National power.
Damn boys.

I don't think folks here are concerned about Kiffin turning OM in to a "National Power"... Or an SEC power... or even an SECW power (because none of those things will happen).

They are concerned he's gonna edge em closer to being a "State Power", especially given the current situation...

Jack Lambert
12-07-2019, 02:51 PM
The hiring of him will make a splash but that is about it. They will improve but hell anyone they bring in will improve them. LK is not a small town guy and will be ready to jump ship as soon as he can. I think short term he good for Ole Miss but will not be long term.

Rex54
12-07-2019, 02:54 PM
I don't think folks here are concerned about Kiffin turning OM in to a "National Power"... Or an SEC power... or even an SECW power (because none of those things will happen).

They are concerned he's gonna edge em closer to being a "State Power", especially given the current situation...

It’s not just that.. it’s that we had the perfect opportunity to become that if not for this idiot from Fordham.

Percho
12-07-2019, 02:57 PM
We have found the enemy.

Possum

parabrave
12-07-2019, 02:58 PM
Yep. Remember OM has completed two of their main goals by hiring LK. Number one is winning the press conference and #2 is driving most on here batshit crazy. One other thing about everyone talking about the "network" making a comeback, the NCAA has already neutered itself by the upcoming rule on player payment. The boosters now have to do creative accounting over the table instead of under the table. They will not be anymore Leo Lewis or L Tunsel misdeeds. We just have to realize this and get infront of the upcoming rules now. But we won't as long as BB is around. I guarantee their network has already figured it out.

Liverpooldawg
12-07-2019, 03:03 PM
They didn't win the press conference. There have been some pretty caustic comments from the press already.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-07-2019, 04:44 PM
The hiring of him will make a splash but that is about it. They will improve but hell anyone they bring in will improve them. LK is not a small town guy and will be ready to jump ship as soon as he can. I think short term he good for Ole Miss but will not be long term.

Hot Take: Miami Dolphins will hire Lane Kiffin in 2 years to be their coach.

Todd4State
12-07-2019, 04:53 PM
Yep. Remember OM has completed two of their main goals by hiring LK. Number one is winning the press conference and #2 is driving most on here batshit crazy. One other thing about everyone talking about the "network" making a comeback, the NCAA has already neutered itself by the upcoming rule on player payment. The boosters now have to do creative accounting over the table instead of under the table. They will not be anymore Leo Lewis or L Tunsel misdeeds. We just have to realize this and get infront of the upcoming rules now. But we won't as long as BB is around. I guarantee their network has already figured it out.

Yeah. They’re trying to get past the Piss and Miss as quickly as possible. While at the same time worrying our fans in the process.

Todd4State
12-07-2019, 04:54 PM
They didn't win the press conference. There have been some pretty caustic comments from the press already.

Correct. The only thing is in their minds at least people aren’t taking about the piss and Miss anymore.

Dawgology
12-07-2019, 05:02 PM
At least you have some fans still concerned or worried about it. I know a lot that kind of checked out this week and don’t really care.

dawgday166
12-07-2019, 05:04 PM
I'm not concerned. The other teams ALWAYS make bad coaching hires. We're the only one that gets it right. Ogre sucked, Pruitt sucked, and I'm sure Kiffin and whoever Arky hires will suck too. We made a great hire in about a couple of days cause Cohen was ready and had done his research. JoMo will keep us up there closer to Bama, LSU, and AU.

ShotgunDawg
12-07-2019, 05:09 PM
The problem isn't Kiffin. The problem is Joe and his potential vs a semi competent rival

dantheman4248
12-07-2019, 05:09 PM
I'm not concerned. The other teams ALWAYS make bad coaching hires. We're the only one that gets it right. Ogre sucked, Pruitt sucked, and I'm sure Kiffin and whoever Arky hires will suck too. We made a great hire in about a couple of days cause Cohen was ready and had done his research. JoMo will keep us up there closer to Bama, LSU, and AU.

Just a heads up. The board IQ has dropped since Thanksgiving considerably. I'm pretty certain sarcasm will go over most's heads.

Todd4State
12-07-2019, 05:19 PM
The problem isn't Kiffin. The problem is Joe and his potential vs a semi competent rival

I don’t see that being a problem for more than a year though. Joe has obvious been out on notice. He either shits or gets off the pot. That’s why I’m not concerned about it. Plus he’s going to make some changes in the offseason. I figure that plus having Tutor Gate behind us will improve us some. I only hope that Joe gives up play calling at least some and that Kylin and Willie come back. Those are much bigger concerns for us along with hoping that the JUCO’s come in and help right away. Odds are not great of all that happening though to be honest.

Commercecomet24
12-07-2019, 05:25 PM

Joe may have inherited Les Myles horse shoe. The son of a gun has to be the luckiest man in the world to be very mediocre, get a contract extension and make millions because he beat his rival because of their stupidity. You watch next year he will go 6-6 or 5-7 beat unm again and get a raise and an extension because he will be only the second MSU coach since the 40s to beat unm 3 straight times(mullen was the other)and it'll be lather rinse repeat for the rest of his tenure(unless he takes another job). Smh

gravedigger
12-07-2019, 05:42 PM

And Kiffin will edge them closer. Good Lord, they weren?t going to stay with Luke forever. But to wait 3 years for this was a pretty weak effort at recovering.

Todd4State
12-07-2019, 05:45 PM
Joe may have inherited Les Myles horse shoe. The son of a gun has to be the luckiest man in the world to be very mediocre, get a contract extension and make millions because he beat his rival because of their stupidity. You watch next year he will go 6-6 or 5-7 beat unm again and get a raise and an extension because he will be only the second MSU coach since the 40s to beat unm 3 straight times(mullen was the other)and it'll be lather rinse repeat for the rest of his tenure(unless he takes another job). Smh

I just wish that horseshoe would work on the field. Maybe the Piss and Miss is a start.

Commercecomet24
12-07-2019, 05:45 PM
And Kiffin will edge them closer. Good Lord, they weren?t going to stay with Luke forever. But to wait 3 years for this was a pretty weak effort at recovering.

Yeah this was an extremely odd way to for them to handle their situation. I'm guessing they just hoped luke would maybe recruit better and leave the next guy in better shape or something. Definitely odd.

Commercecomet24
12-07-2019, 05:48 PM
I just wish that horseshoe would work on the field. Maybe the Piss and Miss is a start.

I'm gonna hope Todd. Weirder things have happened. We'll know more about how serious joe really is come the bowl game. I have my doubts though. If we come out unprepared and look like we haven't even practiced though there won't be a whole lot of hope going forward.

Todd4State
12-07-2019, 05:51 PM
I'm gonna hope Todd. Weirder things have happened. We'll know more about how serious joe really is come the bowl game. I have my doubts though. If we come out unprepared and look like we haven't even practiced though there won't be a whole lot of hope going forward.

You’re right. All we can do at this point is that he makes major changes and has learned. It’s doubtful because most people aren’t able to do that.

At least he is rumored to be making some staff changes and he has been put on notice.

Liverpooldawg
12-07-2019, 05:53 PM

Ogre didn't suck and I said so. I want USC to keep him and they should have.

Liverpooldawg
12-07-2019, 05:55 PM

They didn't want to do it this year either. I think next year was the plan. They had coordinators on two year contracts.

Todd4State
12-07-2019, 06:05 PM
They didn't want to do it this year either. I think next year was the plan. They had coordinators on two year contracts.

I’m assuming that they won’t keep Rodriguez or MacIntyre. This is going to probably end up costing them north of 25 million.

MedDawg
12-07-2019, 06:40 PM
You’re right. All we can do at this point is that he makes major changes and has learned. It’s doubtful because most people aren’t able to do that.

At least he is rumored to be making some staff changes and he has been put on notice.

I think coaches can learn and change. Even though Moorhead has been a head coach before, this is his first P5 head coaching job and there is a learning curve. Look at Orgeron, he definitely learned what not to do from his time at OM.

So Moorhead CAN learn and improve. Don't know if he will.

Goldendawg
12-07-2019, 06:46 PM
I can tell by looking at both LK and Jo that Jo is smarter than Lane.** We will be fine! Hail State! Signed NE MS sand pounder and rock kicker, Class of '77 who had no idea until recently that MSU was Jo's university, and team only.

Jack Lambert
12-07-2019, 06:49 PM
I don?t see that being a problem for more than a year though. Joe has obvious been out on notice. He either shits or gets off the pot. That?s why I?m not concerned about it. Plus he?s going to make some changes in the offseason. I figure that plus having Tutor Gate behind us will improve us some. I only hope that Joe gives up play calling at least some and that Kylin and Willie come back. Those are much bigger concerns for us along with hoping that the JUCO?s come in and help right away. Odds are not great of all that happening though to be honest.

Tutor gate in a around about way also helped. Some of our Freshman got a lot of playing time. They made rookie mistakes but this season will go a long ways with them going forward.

Jack Lambert
12-07-2019, 06:50 PM
I can tell by looking at both LK and Jo that Jo is smarter than Lane.** We will be fine! Hail State! Signed NE MS sand pounder and rock kicker, Class of '77 who had no idea until recently that MSU was Jo's university, and team only.

Plus I am pretty confident Joe won't be out trying to put his pecker in any hole he can find.

gravedigger
12-07-2019, 07:09 PM
Yeah this was an extremely odd way to for them to handle their situation. I'm guessing they just hoped luke would maybe recruit better and leave the next guy in better shape or something. Definitely odd.

I thought they would throw a truckload of money at some pac12 or big12 or big10 coach.

TUSK
12-07-2019, 08:41 PM
Just a heads up. The board IQ has dropped since Thanksgiving considerably. I'm pretty certain sarcasm will go over most's heads.

What he^ said...

Homedawg
12-07-2019, 08:55 PM
Damn boys.

And joe moorhead isn't making us any better at all, we are going backwards. They could have hired the scarecrow and it would bother me considering

Homedawg
12-07-2019, 09:00 PM
Tutor gate in a around about way also helped. Some of our Freshman got a lot of playing time. They made rookie mistakes but this season will go a long ways with them going forward.

Not much. Didn't play hardly any young LB. br?l? some. DT would have gotten time anyway. We didn't lose but 3 guys that mattered. Everyone wants act like we lost 10 players, we lost ten names and eligible bodies. That's it.

Homedawg
12-07-2019, 09:02 PM
I don?t see that being a problem for more than a year though. Joe has obvious been out on notice. He either shits or gets off the pot. That?s why I?m not concerned about it. Plus he?s going to make some changes in the offseason. I figure that plus having Tutor Gate behind us will improve us some. I only hope that Joe gives up play calling at least some and that Kylin and Willie come back. Those are much bigger concerns for us along with hoping that the JUCO?s come in and help right away. Odds are not great of all that happening though to be honest.

Tutorgate hurt us on offense how?? It didn't.