PDA

View Full Version : Fighting Napiers

Cooterpoot
12-07-2019, 12:19 PM
Getting smoked by App St so far.

parabrave
12-07-2019, 12:21 PM
Otherwise ULL VS App State. Right now the App State guy is winning the audition/

DogsofAnarchy
12-07-2019, 12:24 PM
Otherwise ULL VS App State. Right now the App State guy is winning the audition/

You don’t have to worry. They will both be gone by the time we have to fire Croomhead.

msstate7
12-07-2019, 12:29 PM
Drinkwitz inherited a ready made sun belt champion team. In his defense, he didn't wreck it like Moorhead wrecked a ready made 10-win team last year. Napier led a team from a losing record when he took over to in a championship game this year. I don't think it's fair to compare these 2 coaches using this game

DownwardDawg
12-07-2019, 12:29 PM
You don’t have to worry. They will both be gone by the time we have to fire Croomhead.

We shall see......

KOdawg1
12-07-2019, 12:30 PM
I think App State is just really good

If Drinkwitz pulls off another good year next year, I'm afraid he'll be out of our league as far as coaches go. He'll land somewhere big. I'm still a Billy Napier fan though. Another year to prove their worth will be big for these guys

THE Bruce Dickinson
12-07-2019, 12:42 PM
The people that claim Napier is the savior of the program are the same people that claim we suck.

If that's the case, Napier loses to shitty teams (like MSU).

21-0 App State

msstate7
12-07-2019, 12:44 PM
The people that claim Napier is the savior of the program are the same people that claim we suck.

21-0 App State

You can't be this dumb

ScoobaDawg
12-07-2019, 12:45 PM

If Drinkwitz pulls off another good year next year, I'm afraid he'll be out of our league as far as coaches go. He'll land somewhere big. I'm still a Billy Napier fan though. Another year to prove their worth will be big for these guys

Yep... 1 year is hard to judge him off of.. but might have been a good hire.. liked his pedigree.

TrapGame
12-07-2019, 12:46 PM
You can't be this dumb

And it's contagious.

dawgday166
12-07-2019, 12:46 PM
You can't be this dumb

Well ... Napier did lose to us. So he's partly right.

THE Bruce Dickinson
12-07-2019, 12:49 PM
You can't be this dumb

Sorry for pointing out obvious flawed logic.

I have nothing against Napier, but people act like he is Lombardi reborn.

KOdawg1

21-0 App State

App State isn't shitty. They'd beat the brakes off of us

shoeless joe
Both are better than what we currently have

msstate7
12-07-2019, 12:50 PM

Well when you have mike Shula at coach it's easy to see don shula in pretty much anyone

TrapGame
12-07-2019, 12:52 PM
Both are better than what we currently have

100% better at that. Drinkwitz is setting himself up to land a really good P5 job.

fader2103
12-07-2019, 12:52 PM
I am actually surprised that Arkansas doesn't talk to Drinkwitz

fader2103
12-07-2019, 01:06 PM
I think ULL has finally settled down after being hyped up for this game. If their defense can get a stop this turns into a great game second half.

Cowbell
12-07-2019, 01:38 PM
We shall see......

Please tell me you know something we don’t

Churchill
12-07-2019, 01:41 PM
Excuse my French , but this is a really petty/shitty post.

parabrave
12-07-2019, 01:41 PM
I think ULL has finally settled down after being hyped up for this game. If their defense can get a stop this turns into a great game second half.

Well this game is alot better than the Big 12 one. Dam glad I didn't pick the Over in that one.

CoachT14
12-07-2019, 01:55 PM
You can't be this dumb

He is. He's made quite a few out there statements to try and defend Slomo here lately.

Turfdawg67
12-07-2019, 02:05 PM

Kinda like so many thought Stevens was our savior too. Lolz.

Rex54
12-07-2019, 02:15 PM

He’d be a fool to go there

Todd4State
12-07-2019, 02:16 PM

Me too.

THE Bruce Dickinson
12-07-2019, 02:26 PM
He is. He's made quite a few out there statements to try and defend Slomo here lately.

Oh I forgot that anyone that doesn't go lock step with the group think here is dumb.

I am simply putting numbers out there, and was against firing Moorhead at this time. I don't know if he is going to be successful here or not, but Mississippi State firing a winning coach after 2 years is a recipe for disaster. He may fail he may not, but anyone that claims they know exactly what is going to happen is full of it.

I have said many times on here that if Moorhead continues to trend down next year, we should consider making a change. I have concerns with his performance up to this point too, but he should be given another year to sink or swim.

Oh it's 42-17 App State now. It's obvious that Napier has a problem with strength and conditioning at ULL. See I can make wild accusations too.

BogeyGolfer
12-07-2019, 02:30 PM
Getting smoked by App St so far.

Don't judge a coach on one game**

Todd4State
12-07-2019, 02:35 PM
Oh I forgot that anyone that doesn't go lock step with the group think here is dumb.

I am simply putting numbers out there, and was against firing Moorhead at this time. I don't know if he is going to be successful here or not, but Mississippi State firing a winning coach after 2 years is a recipe for disaster. He may fail he may not, but anyone that claims they know exactly what is going to happen is full of it.

I have said many times on here that if Moorhead continues to trend down next year, we should consider making a change. I have concerns with his performance up to this point too, but he should be given another year to sink or swim.

Oh it's 42-17 App State now. It's obvious that Napier has a problem with strength and conditioning at ULL. See I can make wild accusations too.

Our S&C is an issue. That’s not a wild accusation at all and why we are rumored to be getting a new S&C coach after the bowl game.

ShotgunDawg
12-07-2019, 02:35 PM

We aren?t big?

bulldawg28
12-07-2019, 02:49 PM
Kinda like so many thought Stevens was our savior too. Lolz.

You were one that thought so.

HoopsDawg
12-07-2019, 03:40 PM
Impressive showing by Napier and the UL offense. They were clearly over-matched from a talent standpoint, but fought to the end. Lose by 7 on the road to App State. Napier has them on a great trajectory.

HoopsDawg
12-07-2019, 03:52 PM
I'm going to go ahead and scratch Bill Clark off the list. Damn they look terrible today. Lane's team up 35-6.

the_real_MSU_is_us
12-07-2019, 04:06 PM
Anytime I see a post or comment about ONE GAME with respect a coach I immediately know that poster is an idiot.

Really, ULL lost to an 11-1 App State that's considered the best G5 team in the country? You don't say- clearly, if Napier was a good coach he'd have ULL as the best G5 team in the country in year 2 of his tenure. Must be a scrub. Hey, that App coach beat Napier with a program and players built by his highly successful predecessor, so he must be the better coach. There's zero chance he's being propped up by what Satterfeld built, and there's zero cachance Napier is building something himself. Clearly, I can draw these conclusions because I watched them play a game today.

It's infuriating how fast posters throw out a coaches body of work over 1 bad year, game, even playcall. Rant over