PDA

View Full Version : Tough Football Coach

William Tecumsah Sherman
12-07-2019, 11:45 AM
Fellas....I?ve been reading this board since its inception. I?ve had a username for a while, but I have not been an active poster. I probably have more visits and refreshes to these pages than Shotgun has posts. I spend too much time reading and thinking about Mississippi State football. Instead of trying to correct my obsession, I?m joining the conversation with the rest of you idiots.

Regarding the sharks hiring Kiffin....I think it is a good hire for them. I think he will be a good coach. However, they are who they are. Their culture will ruin any chance they have to have prolonged success, regardless of who the coach is. The UM culture is as set in stone as the law of gravity. I know the people in the town of Oxford. They cannot change.What we need to do to remain true to our culture after Joe is fired next year, is to hire a tougher than hell coach. A coach that will recruit sons of bitches in the trenches. A coach that embraces the blue collar work ethic people?s university. If we do that, we will be fine. I enjoy the board. Let?s keep it going. Hail State!

timotheus
12-07-2019, 11:54 AM
this

Rex54
12-07-2019, 12:03 PM
Napier or Hud.. by the way I’m sure CJM is a big fan of your username, we need the opposite at HC

MaroonFlounder
12-07-2019, 12:08 PM
What we need to do to remain true to our culture after Joe is fired next year,

Don't even bother to say Hail State at the end of your post. You're counting on the head coach to fail miserably next year?

1)Joe is changing up the staff.

2) He recruits better than Mullen.

3) There will be no 8-game suspensions next year.

He might still crash and burn, but counting on that to happen is a dick move.

Coursesuper
12-07-2019, 12:10 PM
Fellas....I?ve been reading this board since its inception. I?ve had a username for a while, but I have not been an active poster. I probably have more visits and refreshes to these pages than Shotgun has posts. I spend too much time reading and thinking about Mississippi State football. Instead of trying to correct my obsession, I?m joining the conversation with the rest of you idiots.

Regarding the sharks hiring Kiffin....I think it is a good hire for them. I think he will be a good coach. However, they are who they are. Their culture will ruin any chance they have to have prolonged success, regardless of who the coach is. The UM culture is as set in stone as the law of gravity. I know the people in the town of Oxford. They cannot change.What we need to do to remain true to our culture after Joe is fired next year, is to hire a tougher than hell coach. A coach that will recruit sons of bitches in the trenches. A coach that embraces the blue collar work ethic people?s university. If we do that, we will be fine. I enjoy the board. Let?s keep it going. Hail State!

The General has spoken!

William Tecumsah Sherman
12-07-2019, 12:12 PM
I hope Joe proves all of us wrong. I?ll be the first to eat crow. I will also ALWAYS pull for the dawgs and hope the coach succeeds. But that is different than making projections of where we are headed. Based on what we?ve seen in two seasons, there is no evidence that says we will move the football on offense or be a disciplined team going forward with this staff.

Bdawg
12-07-2019, 12:27 PM
I hope Joe proves all of us wrong. I?ll be the first to eat crow. I will also ALWAYS pull for the dawgs and hope the coach succeeds. But that is different than making projections of where we are headed. Based on what we?ve seen in two seasons, there is no evidence that says we will move the football on offense or be a disciplined team going forward with this staff.

What I've been saying. Effort and discipline must be fixed first. Can't be successful without those fixed first. It's what upsets me the most. OM game was best effort I saw all year. We were playing pretty hard and being physical. But there have been waaaay to many games that were not played that way. If we can get physically and mentally tougher, hopefully the offense will show up sometime. Still have my doubts because there is a mountain of evidence to say that it won't.

dawgoneyall
12-07-2019, 12:38 PM
Don't even bother to say Hail State at the end of your post. You're counting on the head coach to fail miserably next year?

Do you really think Moorhead is going to fix his short comings?

Lord McBuckethead
12-07-2019, 12:57 PM
Why not? Every man can learn. Every man can change thier commitment level. Time for our coach to grow up, now that he sees the level of actual effort it takes in the best league in the nation. I am pulling for him.

MrKotter
12-07-2019, 01:03 PM

Bless your heart

MaroonFlounder
12-07-2019, 01:10 PM
Bless your heart

Bless yours.

I'm open to change, including at the HC level, if that what it takes, but I'll be damned if I root for failure.

DogsofAnarchy
12-07-2019, 01:31 PM

I don’t think anyone on here is “counting on that to happen.”

As far as “dick moves?” I’m sure you’re more experienced with dick than I am.

Now, that the insults are over, what I can tell you is that we will have to wait and see. Then you can probably talk about how you knew it all along but we’re doing what was best for MSU. Shit.

Cowbell
12-07-2019, 01:32 PM
Bless yours.

I'm open to change, including at the HC level, if that what it takes, but I'll be damned if I root for failure.

He’s not rooting for failure - quit being a jack wagon - he’s projecting that we will fire joe just like you would probably project that we will lose to Bama next year.

DogsofAnarchy
12-07-2019, 01:36 PM
Why not? Every man can learn. Every man can change thier commitment level. Time for our coach to grow up, now that he sees the level of actual effort it takes in the best league in the nation. I am pulling for him.

I absolutely get what your saying, and I agree, but his offense isnt going to work and even if we hire an OC, he is going to run Croomhead’s Offense. So what are the odds that works?

NCDawg
12-07-2019, 02:01 PM

I agree with your post. I do think, however, that you should give consideration to changing your username. That guy did terrible things to the Southern people during the war.

William Tecumsah Sherman
12-07-2019, 02:19 PM
I chose that name when I thought the NCAA was going scorched earth on the sharks...a reference to ?Dixie burning down?

MaroonFlounder
12-07-2019, 03:06 PM
As far as “dick moves?” I’m sure you’re more experienced with dick than I am.

So many of you are certain that next year will be a complete failure.

I'm not a Joe fan, but hope you're bad wrong.

I don't care about being right about anything. I just want MSU to do well.

I still think Joe is in play at BC, FWIW.

MaroonFlounder
12-07-2019, 03:10 PM
He’s not rooting for failure - quit being a jack wagon - he’s projecting that we will fire joe just like you would probably project that we will lose to Bama next year.

My point remains. The entire team sluffed off this season after TutorGate happened. Then a shit ton of injuries and QB shuffle. It wasn't a level playing field at all.

JoseBrown
12-07-2019, 03:15 PM
I like this OP. Post more, read less sir. I'm a read more, post less like you, but you should change like you've done here. Post away dude, I bleed maroon too. Everyday of my life from birth. I hate us losing ever. I just don't see this offense working like I think it could/should, and I don't think a staff shake up means an on the field change in the least. I am hoping to be wrong though!!

MaroonFlounder
12-07-2019, 04:49 PM
I like this OP. Post more, read less sir. I'm a read more, post less like you, but you should change like you've done here. Post away dude, I bleed maroon too. Everyday of my life from birth. I hate us losing ever. I just don't see this offense working like I think it could/should, and I don't think a staff shake up means an on the field change in the least. I am hoping to be wrong though!!

Thanks.

If I thought Napier or Norvell would have come in here and lit the SEC on fire, I'd be the first to kick JoMo to the curb. I'm just doubtful that would happen. Most people on here think getting rid of Joe equals automatic contention in SEC West.

Rex54
12-07-2019, 04:52 PM
Thanks.

If I thought Napier or Norvell would have come in here and lit the SEC on fire, I'd be the first to kick JoMo to the curb. I'm just doubtful that would happen. Most people on here think getting rid of Joe equals automatic contention in SEC West.

Napier could be a dud too, but we have evidence of his success and process at the D1 level. We have evidence of Moorhead killing an established program

maroonmania
12-07-2019, 05:07 PM
Do you really think Moorhead is going to fix his short comings?

Yes, the Egg Bowl win already debunked the notion that he is not the right man for our program or that he can't coach in this league. Did you people not listen to the post-game presser? I can't believe many of you on this board still doubt Moorhead and the current trajectory of our program. Oh ye of little faith.*

RoseHillDog
12-07-2019, 05:16 PM

What in two seasons shows you it will happen? The sec is to fast for Moorehead?s offense.

MaroonFlounder
12-07-2019, 05:27 PM
What in two seasons shows you it will happen? The sec is to fast for Moorehead?s offense.

It's too fast for Napier's offense as well, I'd bet my mortgage on that.

R2Dawg
12-07-2019, 06:14 PM
My point remains. The entire team sluffed off this season after TutorGate happened. Then a shit ton of injuries and QB shuffle. It wasn't a level playing field at all.

Why in the world would the whole team sluff off the season because of tutorgate? If that were true, we have a much worse culture under Joe than any have said. If they did sluff off, whose fault is that?

Goldendawg
12-07-2019, 06:28 PM

I still do not understand using the 8 game tutorgate suspensions as an excuse. None of the 10 were starters or even contributors to our great offense. It was even more boring this year. Will never work at State against any D with a pulse.

Goldendawg
12-07-2019, 06:36 PM
Yes, the Egg Bowl win already debunked the notion that he is not the right man for our program or that he can't coach in this league. Did you people not listen to the post-game presser? I can't believe many of you on this board still doubt Moorhead and the current trajectory of our program. Oh ye of little faith.*

You must not have been at the same game that I attended. We stomped a 4-7 team by 1 point on our field! If not for the stupidity of their NWO (Nasty Weird Outs), who knows what would have happened. I will be 65 in the spring and family has had season tickets 50 plus years. I no longer am satisfied with 6 wins against Kentucky, 4 duds, and UM. But, that seems to be all some State fans want and are happy with these days. Talk about under achieving and happy..

maroonmania
12-07-2019, 06:46 PM
You must not have been at the same game that I attended. We stomped a 4-7 team by 1 point on our field! If not for the stupidity of their NWO (Nasty Weird Outs), who knows what would have happened. I will be 65 in the spring and family has had season tickets 50 plus years. I no longer am satisfied with 6 wins against Kentucky, 4 duds, and UM. But, that seems to be all some State fans want and are happy with these days. Talk about under achieving and happy..

Guess you missed the sarcasterik at the end of that post.

DeputyDawg94
12-07-2019, 07:57 PM

Hail State! And kick rocks.