PDA

View Full Version : Alcohol sales at our stadium...

DogsofAnarchy
12-07-2019, 10:00 AM
It would obviously make more money for our athletic department. Name me 1 good reason why our administration is stalling on letting that happen. I?ll wait.

BeardoMSU
12-07-2019, 10:03 AM
It would obviously make more money for our athletic department. Name me 1 good reason why our administration is stalling on letting that happen. I?ll wait.

Trying to avoid the awkward situation of Baptists being forced to drink in public?**

Coursesuper
12-07-2019, 10:15 AM
After speaking with a local beer distributor, the main reason is the AD and Prez both being tea totelers is playing a very large part.

DogsofAnarchy
12-07-2019, 10:21 AM
More like someone trying to figure out how they are gonna get the hands greased from this operation. Y’all gonna wise up one of the days.

Cooterpoot
12-07-2019, 10:34 AM
Because we have the wrong people leading our university. Too concerned with a handful of people and not the big picture.

Coursesuper
12-07-2019, 10:44 AM
Because we have the wrong people leading our university. Too concerned with a handful of people and not the big picture.

This is so very correct, and also why our athletic department is so inbred.

LC Dawg
12-07-2019, 10:48 AM
My biggest problem with this is the turning of the heads by allowing alcohol in the premium seating areas of the stadium and not allowing it for everyone even though it is now legal to do it. I wouldn't drink at the games because I have to drive when it's over but I think it's bullshit to let one group do it and not everyone.
One of the biggest things I liked about both Byrne and Stricklin is that they put a lot of effort into making every alumnus and fan feel like they matter. Obviously Mullen winning was huge but I think the efforts of these two ADs to make all fans a bigger part of the program helped accelerate the excitement in our football program and helped lead to all the sellouts. We seem to be moving back to the Templeton template where only a handful of people matter and I think this will be just as powerful as losing games in decreasing attendance.
To further that discussion it seems to also be happening in our alumni association after Dr. Abraham retired.

maroonmania
12-07-2019, 10:49 AM
I don't even drink but I can say its cruel of our athletic department to bring Moorhead back and then not even at least provide alcohol to drink during games.***

DogsofAnarchy
12-07-2019, 10:57 AM
My biggest problem with this is the turning of the heads by allowing alcohol in the premium seating areas of the stadium and not allowing it for everyone even though it is now legal to do it. I wouldn't drink at the games because I have to drive when it's over but I think it's bullshit to let one group do it and not everyone.
One of the biggest things I liked about both Byrne and Stricklin is that they put a lot of effort into making every alumnus and fan feel like they matter. Obviously Mullen winning was huge but I think the efforts of these two ADs to make all fans a bigger part of the program helped accelerate the excitement in our football program and helped lead to all the sellouts. We seem to be moving back to the Templeton template where only a handful of people matter and I think this will be just as powerful as losing games in decreasing attendance.
To further that discussion it seems to also be happening in our alumni association after Dr. Abraham retired.

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!!

Bothrops
12-07-2019, 11:06 AM
They will do it once they see it being a competitive disadvantage that affects the bottom line. Unless they are real throwbacks.

dantheman4248
12-07-2019, 11:16 AM
Like all walks of life money talks. Why cater to 90% of the people when 90% of the money wants something else. Just bad business to go against that much of the money.

Cooterpoot
12-07-2019, 11:21 AM
Like all walks of life money talks. Why cater to 90% of the people when 90% of the money wants something else. Just bad business to go against that much of the money.

90% of the money doesn’t want it? Try about 30%.

OLJWales
12-07-2019, 11:23 AM
More stupidity from our athletic department wouldn't shock me in the slightest. The only thing beer brings is the convenience of doing shots with beer chasers instead of mixing it in ass smelling cups.

Rex54
12-07-2019, 11:24 AM
Because we are nerds

OLJWales
12-07-2019, 11:25 AM
Trying to avoid the awkward situation of Baptists being forced to drink in public?**

Excellent

gravedigger
12-07-2019, 11:34 AM
After speaking with a local beer distributor, the main reason is the AD and Prez both being tea totelers is playing a very large part.

It's not. But dont let that prevent you from saying it.

dantheman4248
12-07-2019, 11:39 AM
90% of the money doesn’t want it. Try about 30%.

Then what the absolute **** are they doing. The other 70% should wield their power. Sheesh.

Mjoelner34
12-07-2019, 11:44 AM
More like someone trying to figure out how they are gonna get the hands greased from this operation. Y’all gonna wise up one of the days.

+1!

The story of Starkville, Mississippi summed up in one sentence right there!

Coursesuper
12-07-2019, 11:51 AM

You really have a hard on for anything I post don't you. You actually think I just pull it out of thin air and haven't had that conversation. The beer distributor made almost 200k the first night UNM sold beer so he just might have a pulse on what's going on and just might be better informed than you, who even though you are in Starkville and have been your entire life I trust him implicitly.

gravedigger
12-07-2019, 12:25 PM
You really have a hard on for anything I post don't you. You actually think I just pull it out of thin air and haven't had that conversation. The beer distributor made almost 200k the first night UNM sold beer so he just might have a pulse on what's going on and just might be better informed than you, who even though you are in Starkville and have been your entire life I trust him implicitly.

The beer distributor was wrong for the reason. And I dont think you pull it out of thin air. I believe you arent smart enough to know a bullshit excuse. How much in beer sales has no bearing on the reason you gave either, so that's simply an irrelevant response.

TaleofTwoDogs
12-07-2019, 12:32 PM
They will do it once they see it being a competitive disadvantage that affects the bottom line. Unless they are real throwbacks.

Let's see....Beer sales = Natty, Got it.

ScoobaDawg
12-07-2019, 01:05 PM
Small town small minded politics... as much as I miss going to games I sure as hell don't miss this kind of crap.
Beer Laws and the perception of alcohol in Mississippi might as well still be back in the 1920's for so many people who somehow have some influence.

I'll go drink a nice 18.2% abv beer for all of you and think of all of you later.

Coursesuper
12-07-2019, 01:17 PM

Rawdawg
12-07-2019, 03:49 PM
Keenum is holding things up. He’s the only reason we don’t have beer sales as soon as SEC basketball. When he decides to give the green light we’ll sell beer. Cohen is on board with it but Keenum has the final say. L

Rex54
12-07-2019, 04:55 PM
Keenum has been terrible

BeardoMSU
12-07-2019, 05:08 PM
Keenum is holding things up. He’s the only reason we don’t have beer sales as soon as SEC basketball. When he decides to give the green light we’ll sell beer. Cohen is on board with it but Keenum has the final say. L

This isn't the first time, but Keenum seems to do things with his future career as a politician in mind, rather than what's good for MSU.

BeardoMSU
12-07-2019, 05:15 PM
Keenum has been terrible

Especially for academics, which should be priority #1....I'm sure someone completely out of touch with this reality will drop by to tell us how awesome he's been, though...

maroonmania
12-07-2019, 05:27 PM
Especially for academics, which should be priority #1....I'm sure someone completely out of touch with this reality will drop by to tell us how awesome he's been, though...

Yep, I was excited when he became our president, but I really can't think of much he has improved during his tenure.

gravedigger
12-07-2019, 05:32 PM
Keenum has been terrible

At what?