View Full Version : Kiffin to ole miss appears to be a done deal

Pages : [1] 2

deadheaddawg
12-06-2019, 06:56 PM
Lots of smoke breaking now on Twitter

Let's see if they have better sources than we do

Randolph Dupree
12-06-2019, 06:58 PM
Good. Now, we fire joe after the bowl game and get Napier. It's a gamble but I think the upside is tremendous.

DownwardDawg
12-06-2019, 07:00 PM
Good. Now, we fire joe after the bowl game and get Napier. It's a gamble but I think the upside is tremendous.

Me too. I don’t want them getting a coach like Napier. Kiffin doesn’t scare me.

Maroonthirteen
12-06-2019, 07:06 PM
Joey Cheesnuts does the Library.

Perfect fit.

TrapGame
12-06-2019, 07:08 PM
Kiffin does not scare me. But it will be a splash hire. If Joe loses the bowl game to an inferior P5 team he needs to be fired.

Coach34
12-06-2019, 07:08 PM
Lots of smoke breaking now on Twitter

Let's see if they have better sources than we do

Considering Chris Kiffin coached there and knows all their site guys- they obviously have better sources. Surely you weren't too dumb to realize that huh?

PGHBulldogBG
12-06-2019, 07:09 PM
This actually sounds like a perfect fit. I don’t want Clark or Napier at Ole Miss. Hopefully Clark has another great year at UAB and we get him next year. Not sure we have a chance for Napier anymore if the rumors are true.

ShotgunDawg
12-06-2019, 07:11 PM
I think Kiffin is 90% name recognition and 10% coaching ability.

I just don't see where he's had success and Bama doesn't count. Most anyone would have success there.

Bama's QB play improved when Kiffin left

Coach34
12-06-2019, 07:12 PM
Kiffin at OM sux. He will do well there. Their willingness to help recruit along with him being very good at recruiting will improve them tremendously. They have surely learned from the mistakes of Freeze and will be even better. And he has gotten alot better as a HC.

We are now at a disadvantage

msstate7
12-06-2019, 07:14 PM

I just don't see where he's had success and Bama doesn't count. Most anyone would have success there.

With a win tomorrow, that'll be 2 out of 3 conf titles in his 3 years at fau. If you don't count that, you can't give Napier any credit for what he's done at ULL

deadheaddawg
12-06-2019, 07:14 PM
Considering Chris Kiffin coached there and knows all their site guys- they obviously have better sources. Surely you weren't too dumb to realize that huh?
Bless your heart sugar. I now you had another very embarrassing couple of weeks in the internet....but that's literally all you are know for (well there is that other thing you are known for).. . So I thought you would be more used to being wrong and embarrassed

I'm just repeating and citing my sources. Twitter.

I don't like gambling, but I will bet you a cup of McDonald's coffee he is the next ole miss coach

msudawg1200
12-06-2019, 07:15 PM
I hope this happens. Kiffin freaking sucks.

msbulldog
12-06-2019, 07:15 PM
Kiffin at OM sux. He will do well there. Their willingness to help recruit along with him being very good at recruiting will improve them tremendously. They have surely learned from the mistakes of Freeze and will be even better. And he has gotten alot better as a HC.

True.

Randolph Dupree
12-06-2019, 07:16 PM
This actually sounds like a perfect fit. I don’t want Clark or Napier at Ole Miss. Hopefully Clark has another great year at UAB and we get him next year. Not sure we have a chance for Napier anymore if the rumors are true.

It may cost us more but I think we are ok.

deadheaddawg
12-06-2019, 07:17 PM
I don't see him winning big, but I see him making them competitive again. It will probably hurt our recruiting too

Todd4State
12-06-2019, 07:18 PM
I can't see Napier going there. It just doesn't seem like a fit to me.

Coach34
12-06-2019, 07:19 PM

What?

He has turned nobody Florida Atlantic into a team that is playing in their conference championship game for the 2nd straight season. He was outstanding at Bama.

2014? He got them to the NC game with a guy that has never started before his 5th year Sr season
2015? National Champs
2016? They lost the NC because Saban pushed him out before the title game.

Who do you think recruited Tua? You guys are nuts if you don't think Kiffin would not be a major damn hire

msudawg1200
12-06-2019, 07:20 PM
Where did this Kiffin can recruit narrative come from? What recruiting has he done? He was 8th in the nation at UT. Freakin Dooley had them at 7 and Butch had them at 7 in 2014 and 4 in 2015. Is at USC? Hell, Clay Helton has been Top 4 there twice.

HoopsDawg
12-06-2019, 07:22 PM
He's been the head coach in the NFL, UT, and USC plus OC at Bama under Saban and he's still only 44. He's going to bring in a good staff.

deadheaddawg
What?

He has turned nobody Florida Atlantic into a team that is playing in their conference championship game for the 2nd straight season.

They were 5-7 (3-5) last year

But he is a good hire for them

Todd4State
Where did this Kiffin can recruit narrative come from? What recruiting has he done? He was 8th in the nation at UT. Freakin Dooley had them at 7 and Butch had them at 7 in 2014 and 4 in 2015. Is at USC. Hell, Clay Helton has been Top 4 there twice.

Was that UT class the class that he took apart and brought to USC with him?

MrKotter
12-06-2019, 07:25 PM
Good for them. Dude is not a good coach but they will make a splash

deadheaddawg
12-06-2019, 07:26 PM
Does ole miss have a free message board? Nafoom gets about as much action as my dead grandma.

I'm curious to see how they react

KB21
12-06-2019, 07:26 PM
What?

He has turned nobody Florida Atlantic into a team that is playing in their conference championship game for the 2nd straight season. He was outstanding at Bama.

2014? He got them to the NC game with a guy that has never started before his 5th year Sr season
2015? National Champs

Who do you think recruited Tua? You guys are nuts if you don't think Kiffin would not be a major damn hire

Mario Cristobal recruited Tua.

West Tn Dawg
12-06-2019, 07:28 PM

Alabama recruits Alabama........Just saying.

MafiaDawg
12-06-2019, 07:31 PM

Please go be an ole miss fan. It would do us all a favor.

Political Hack
12-06-2019, 07:31 PM

They are going to have amazing talent on campus again without the piety act and fake self-righteousness. They're going to be offensive and brass and not apologize for it. Kiffin fits perfectly there. I can't for the life of me understand how we've botched such and amazing opportunity to separate ourselves from them across the entire athletic department.

MafiaDawg
12-06-2019, 07:33 PM

Please do us all a favor and go be an ole miss fan. You fit in better there since you are full of shit.

TUSK
12-06-2019, 07:33 PM

lol...

TUSK
12-06-2019, 07:39 PM
They are going to have amazing talent on campus again without the piety act and fake self-righteousness. They're going to be offensive and brass and not apologize for it. Kiffin fits perfectly there. I can't for the life of me understand how we've botched such and amazing opportunity to separate ourselves from them across the entire athletic department.

Yup... If Lane has, in fact, matured (as the word is), he's gonna cause problems for Arkie/OM, MSU, and maybe A&M...

Coach34
12-06-2019, 07:40 PM
They were 5-7 (3-5) last year

But he is a good hire for them

pardon- he is 2/3 in playing in championship games

ZedFedder
12-06-2019, 07:42 PM
I think this is the best we as State fans could have hoped for.

Cooterpoot
Kiffin won what? 5 games last year in a shit conference? He tweets about like Trump. Dude is a loser ass sack of crap. It’ll be fun to watch.

Todd4State
Yup... If Lane has, in fact, matured (as the word is), he's gonna cause problems for Arkie/OM, MSU, and maybe A&M...

At least until some blue blood program opens up in three years.

Coach34
12-06-2019, 07:43 PM

lmao- you don't think the ******* QB coach/OC didn't recruit Tua? Cmon KB you know better than that. Lead recruiters for areas get the ball rolling but position coaches play a huge role in recruiting. I talked to Breiner the other day recruiting- will Marcus Johnson not recruit our OL kid because this is Breiner's territory?

MoreCowbell
12-06-2019, 07:44 PM

I agree, he is a shitty coach IMO but that is one of the only places I could see him succeeding.

dawgday166
12-06-2019, 07:45 PM
I hope this happens. Kiffin freaking sucks.

He may suck but he's better than what we have.

basedog
12-06-2019, 07:48 PM
I would think Luke knew more about Nike Bags and the Plantation as well as any in recent years.

First off if true makes me wonder why OM versus Arkansas?

Second, he seems to burn bridges very fast.

Third, we shall see, agents are crafty now days.

Coach34
12-06-2019, 07:51 PM
Kiffin won what? 5 games last year in a shit conference? He tweets about like Trump. Dude is a loser ass sack of crap. It’ll be fun to watch.

Kiffin got UT going then bolted for USC
Kiffin was 28-16 at USC
Kiffin was great at Bama
Kiffin is 25-13 (18-6 in conference) at a school that is 96-129 since they joined 1-A

dawgday166
12-06-2019, 07:54 PM
Kiffin was 28-16 at USC
Kiffin was great at Bama
Kiffin is 25-13 (18-6 in conference) at a school that is 96-129 since they joined 1-A

FAU has played in 3 bowl games in their history. 2 under Schnellenberger in 2007/08 and under Lane Kiffin.

I hope he do go to OM. He'll own Joe. We get rid of Joe quicker that way.

Todd4State
12-06-2019, 07:54 PM
I would think Luke knew more about Nike Bags and the Plantation as well as any in recent years.

First off if true makes me wonder why OM versus Arkansas?

Second, he seems to burn bridges very fast.

Third, we shall see, agents are crafty now days.

My guess is Jerry Jones didn't want him at Arkansas.

That or he is trying to get Arkansas to up their offer.

Rex54
12-06-2019, 07:55 PM
They went for this BECAUSE WE KEPT MOORHEAD.

If we went and got Napier right away they’d still have Luke but with our complete ****ing retards building our own funeral pyre they jumped at the chance to get started on their next wave of being good.

DogsofAnarchy
12-06-2019, 07:56 PM

This is absolutely the truth. Even if idiots on here don’t want to admit it. This guy is a nationally known guy that can recruit and Ole Miss fights the NCAA while Bracky bends over and takes it up the bum for us. Not to mention, we now have an AD who is openly talking about Larry T being such a great influence again. Lol

KOdawg1
12-06-2019, 07:58 PM
At least we can hire Napier next year like we were going to this year.

HailStateSZN19
12-06-2019, 07:58 PM
Will Kiffin keep Peeler on staff or will he bring his own guy in? That?s the only thing I care about in this deal. I?ve just wanted this to unfold and something happen to where Peeler becomes available and we snatch him up. He?d be a huge asset to have on staff. But I figure if Kiffin has any sense, he will absolutely retain him.

HancockCountyDog
12-06-2019, 08:01 PM
What?

2015? National Champs

Completely agree.

I feel like our fans are just trying to rationalize this.

dawgday166
12-06-2019, 08:03 PM
Completely agree.

I feel like our fans are just trying to rationalize this.

Haha ... is this something new?? I love the preseason predictions myself.

HoopsDawg
12-06-2019, 08:04 PM
Will Kiffin keep Peeler on staff or will he bring his own guy in? That?s the only thing I care about in this deal. I?ve just wanted this to unfold and something happen to where Peeler becomes available and we snatch him up. He?d be a huge asset to have on staff. But I figure if Kiffin has any sense, he will absolutely retain him.

Their guys think they are keeping Peeler and Derrick Nix offensively and Roach on the defensive side. Their recruiting staff could be scary good if some of the names mentioned come to fruition.

basedog
12-06-2019, 08:05 PM
My guess is Jerry Jones didn't want him at Arkansas.

That or he is trying to get Arkansas to up their offer.

+1

Let's see if the Fat Lady arrives at the Grove**

ShotgunDawg
12-06-2019, 08:05 PM
With a win tomorrow, that'll be 2 out of 3 conf titles in his 3 years at fau. If you don't count that, you can't give Napier any credit for what he's done at ULL

Ok but that's G5. Not a great indicator of power 5 success.

Did they beat any power 5 schools in his time there?

IMAREBL2 AND A DAWG
12-06-2019, 08:06 PM
Does ole miss have a free message board? Nafoom gets about as much action as my dead grandma.

I'm curious to see how they react
It?s very positive. Obviously nothing has been announced but it?s definitely expected

dawgday166
12-06-2019, 08:06 PM

You the same guy said Pruitt sucked and we would easily beat TN?

Jarius
12-06-2019, 08:10 PM
Kiffin is an excellent hire. He will beat our ass in recruiting and on the field with our current staff. The athletic department had better wake up.

Coach34
12-06-2019, 08:13 PM

Considering he has played Ohio State, Wisconsin, and Oklahoma well no he hasn't. How do you think we would have done vs them? You think Ohio State would only beat us 45-21 this year?

RougeDawg
12-06-2019, 08:15 PM
He may suck but he's better than what we have.

Vince Lombardi in his current state Is better than what we have. We would be better without JoVester and just to Co-coordinators.

Coursesuper
12-06-2019, 08:15 PM
This is a problem, to bad we continue to be incredibly short sighted.

Coach34
12-06-2019, 08:16 PM

Amen Brotha

ShotgunDawg
12-06-2019, 08:18 PM

I still don't think Pruitt is good.

I didn't realize how bad Joe was. That's all that contributed to losing to TN.

Pruitt is extremely limited.

ShotgunDawg
12-06-2019, 08:20 PM

Dawgology
12-06-2019, 08:20 PM
Ole Miss new AD just outplayed ours by a wide margin. Simple minded thinking on our parts. Too bad.

HoopsDawg
12-06-2019, 08:22 PM
Ole Miss new AD just outplayed ours by a wide margin. Simple minded thinking on our parts. Too bad.

Their AD and Boosters outplayed our AD and Boosters.

Coach34
12-06-2019, 08:22 PM

Cmon mane- you were wrong. Pruitt is going to recruit well and build a strong defense. They are going to ugly up games and try to get better offensively each year. He wont be awesome- but he will stabilize that program. Then we will see if Tenn is patient and let's him battle Kirby and Mullen for a few years

HancockCountyDog
12-06-2019, 08:23 PM
They haven’t hired him yet, long ways to go. This is Ole Piss, they are just as likely to hire Rich Rod.

Let’s hope they screw it up.

Rex54
12-06-2019, 08:30 PM
We have a ****ing loser nerd running the program while everyone else is hiring the jocks, having all the parties, and ****ing all the women.

We are about to get thrown in the locker over, and over, and over, and over. Lane Kiffin will drag his balls across Moorhead’s face every year those two are coaching at these schools. Go get Napier NOW to counter this move or prepare to be ritualistically embarrassed.

Coursesuper
12-06-2019, 08:35 PM

I?ve seen this happen at least 4 times in my lifetime. MSU absolutely embraces a culture of fear, and refuses to get out of our own way. It?s depressing to realize we are there yet again.

dawgday166
12-06-2019, 08:36 PM
I?ve seen this happen at least 4 times in my lifetime. MSU absolutely embraces a culture of fear, and refuses to get out of our way. It?s depressing to realize we are there yet again.

Yep. My thoughts exactly.

Cowbell
12-06-2019, 08:49 PM
I?ve seen this happen at least 4 times in my lifetime. MSU absolutely embraces a culture of fear, and refuses to get out of our own way. It?s depressing to realize we are there yet again.

The worst part is over half our fan base doesn’t realize it - including many here. The reason it will continue to happen forever.

Captain Falcon
12-06-2019, 08:51 PM
Kiffin and Ole Miss are a perfect match... that is not a compliment. I don’t think he’s a bad coach but he is not who I would want running our program. Would much rather them hire him than Norvell, Napier, or Clark.

It’s all hype with Ole Miss, always has been. They may seem like the hot program for a little while but they ALWAYS find a way to implode. This will not be any different, even if they do improve for a couple of years. We’ll either get better with Joe next year or go get someone that will also improve us. Kiffin is nothing more than another Nutt or Freeze. We should not be shaking in our boots right now. If Moorhead can’t figure out how to keep us ahead of that guy then we will go get someone who will.

ShotgunDawg
12-06-2019, 08:59 PM
Cmon mane- you were wrong. Pruitt is going to recruit well and build a strong defense. They are going to ugly up games and try to get better offensively each year. He wont be awesome- but he will stabilize that program. Then we will see if Tenn is patient and let's him battle Kirby and Mullen for a few years

He's just limited. I don't see the ability to compete for the East with him.

dawgday166
12-06-2019, 09:00 PM
He's just limited. I don't see the ability to compete for the East with him.

How is he limited?

MafiaDawg
12-06-2019, 09:00 PM
I wish yall could hear yourselves freak out. This is one miserable group of people pissing their pants worrying at the fact of lane Kiffin at Mississippi. There is a reason he isnt at USC or UT anymore. Good news is most of your pathetic losers dont actually support State in any true fashion and just bitch on here all the time.

msstate7
12-06-2019, 09:04 PM
I wish yall could hear yourselves freak out. This is one miserable group of people pissing their pants worrying at the fact of lane Kiffin at Mississippi. There is a reason he isnt at USC or UT anymore. Good news is most of your pathetic losers dont actually support State in any true fashion and just bitch on here all the time.

Fired from usc, but he left tenn on his own to take usc

dawgday166
12-06-2019, 09:05 PM

Not saying Kiffin is HR but he might be a triple IMO. USC let Ogre go ... how's that working out for them. They're USC and SO FAR above TN in football history it isn't funny. They are a true blue blood and they can't find someone who owns CA in recruiting and can win Pac-12. TN may have a good hire in Pruitt but ... Shotgun says he sucks so probably not **

Coursesuper
12-06-2019, 09:06 PM
The worst part is over half our fan base doesn?t realize it - including many here. The reason it will continue to happen forever.

Exactly.

Jack Lambert
12-06-2019, 09:07 PM
At most three years. He will be gone.

DogsofAnarchy
12-06-2019, 09:08 PM

We also don’t have our head buried in the sand or up Larry T’s Ass. If Cohen ever comes to a quick stop your gonna have shit all over your head.

Jack Lambert
12-06-2019, 09:09 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TvJy2Ot48M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4acayiZAHaM

msstate7
12-06-2019, 09:11 PM
I'm not sure what to expect from kiffin at OM, but we as state fans certainly can't dog him with joe driving the ship here. Hell, OM was a player doing something dumb away from taking us to OT with Matt freaking luke

chef dixon
12-06-2019, 09:12 PM
Kiffins head coaching resume is mediocre. He does bring some swag that will either boom or bust at a place like Ole Miss. Time will tell. One thing he has never been known for is stability.

ShotgunDawg
12-06-2019, 09:13 PM
How is he limited?

Offensively they'll never be good enough.

basedog
12-06-2019, 09:13 PM

So true. I've seen much worse football teams and with not much talent. We have an overall losing record but good new we are getting close to .500. I think we are 49.4%. Our all time Sec record is sooo bad, like 35%.
Oh, as some say, times have changed and we don't care about history. My answer is yes times are better now even with watered down bowls, we will survive, too much money involved now days not to. 6-6, and bowling isn't the worse for what could have happened.
Joe is on the hot seat and I did wish for change, but I have more experience than most on here so I want be jumping off the cliff, after all times have changed. LOL

dawgday166
12-06-2019, 09:14 PM
Offensively they'll never be good enough.

That's what I figured you'd say and what I'll say ... you got a crystal ball? It's early. He finds the right OC and allows him to coach (like the old DL coach at LSU) he might get same type results.

Coach34
12-06-2019, 09:16 PM
Kiffins head coaching resume is mediocre.

Guy is going for his 2nd conference title in 3 years tomorrow with a NC as an OC. But yet we were considering Napier a Home Run just a week ago. You gonna compare them?

runwildjerious
12-06-2019, 09:21 PM
Guy is going for his 2nd conference title in 3 years tomorrow with a NC as an OC. But yet we were considering Napier a Home Run just a week ago. You gonna compare them?

Of course Lane has a better resume. But as we have learned, it’s all bout fit. Lane fits Ole Miss. I really believe Napier fits MSU (granted, I don’t know him at all just observing how hard his team fights).

I think we all know who doesn’t fit MSU.

Coursesuper
At most three years. He will be gone.

Only if they run into NCAA problems and that depends on how aggressive Mr. Nutt and their money men want to be.

MedDawg

If we went and got Napier right away they?d still have Luke but with our complete ****ing retards building our own funeral pyre they jumped at the chance to get started on their next wave of being good.

That makes no sense. If anything, the opposite would be true.

Jack Lambert
12-06-2019, 09:24 PM
Only if they run into NCAA problems and that depends on how aggressive Mr. Nutt and their money men want to be.

Based on his history he doesn't stay anywhere long. If he is successful he is gone. We will know that with in three years. If he is not we will know that as well and they will run him off. That is what I am going by. He doesn't want to be in Mississippi.

gravedigger
12-06-2019, 09:25 PM

If we went and got Napier right away they’d still have Luke but with our complete ****ing retards building our own funeral pyre they jumped at the chance to get started on their next wave of being good.

I smell another email campaign

chef dixon
12-06-2019, 09:25 PM

Where did I say that? Napier?s resume is too short to really even comment but probably mediocre at this point as well.

Kiffin career as head coach:
Oakland Raiders = trash
Tennessee = definition of mediocre
USC = trash by their standards and literally fired on the bus leaving a game
FAU = pretty good

Nothing about that is any better than mediocre.

DownwardDawg
12-06-2019, 09:26 PM

None of that can be disputed. But Kiffin is also the single reason freeze beat Bama twice. I don?t care what anyone tries to argue with me on that point. I watched Bama RB?s gashing ole miss only to then watch Kiffin make them go pass heavy. I?ll never understand it. Especially the game in Oxford.

ETA: I?m not sayin it?s a bad hire. It?s a perfect fit. But I would puke if State hired Kiffin.

timotheus
12-06-2019, 09:35 PM
That is the type O they want in Oxford. evidently the lib faculty and student body love passing attacks is all I can figure.

Randolph Dupree
12-06-2019, 09:37 PM
Kiffin to UM will get headlines. Immediate results will be positive, but in the end Kiffin will do what he always does and somehow burn this thing to the ground. Will it be NCAA related? Will it be Freshwater leaving for a better job? Will it be coeds? Who knows but it will happen. UM and Kiffin are a perfect match.

ETA: if this is such a home run, why didn't Texas or FSU or any other big name get him?

ShotgunDawg
12-06-2019, 09:43 PM
That's what I figured you'd say and what I'll say ... you got a crystal ball? It's early. He finds the right OC and allows him to coach (like the old DL coach at LSU) he might get same type results.

You're right, but if my aunt has balls she'd be my uncle.

We can say ifs about every coach. Ridiculous to say he's good with so many ifs.

Coach34
12-06-2019, 09:43 PM
Where did I say that? Napier?s resume is too short to really even comment but probably mediocre at this point as well.

Kiffin career as head coach:
Oakland Raiders = trash - he was named HC at 31years old. Davis was an idiot for making that hire.
Tennessee = definition of mediocre- he made them better
USC = -he was 28-15 at USC and was under NCAA scrutiny because of Pete Carroll. Hardly bad.
FAU = pretty good- pretty good? He is making them the best they have ever been. How is that bad?

Nothing about that is any better than mediocre.

answers in bold

bulldawg28
12-06-2019, 09:45 PM
What?

2015? National Champs

This all day. He's Freeze 2.0

RezDog7
12-06-2019, 09:46 PM
Kiffin was 28-16 at USC
Kiffin was great at Bama

Man, I'm shaking in my damn boots. What the hell are we going to do now?

msstate7
12-06-2019, 09:47 PM
Hopefully kiffin doesn't get Kendal briles as OC

msstate7
12-06-2019, 09:48 PM

Yeah, we gotta stud at HC

Coach34
12-06-2019, 09:49 PM

That's a great question. Lag behind with JoVester seems to be the current plan

Liverpooldawg
12-06-2019, 09:57 PM
I hope they hire him because it won't end well. Anyone that thinks this is a good hire doesn't know much about him. He is poison. I've followed him for a very long time. The worst thing USC ever did is let him back on campus after they managed to get rid of him when he was OC. They are still paying for it. That guy was born on third base and has managed to repeatedly make people believe he got there with a triple.

Homedawg
12-06-2019, 09:58 PM
Kiffin does not scare me. But it will be a splash hire. If Joe loses the bowl game to an inferior P5 team he needs to be fired.

If we didn't fire him now. Firing him after a bowl game would be even more stupid. Every signee would have a claim to get out of Loi. There would be crap left for coaches. That's just not smart.

chef dixon
12-06-2019, 10:00 PM
answers in bold

I didn't say his FAU stint was bad. You are just putting words in my mouth for your argument. His stint at USC was not good no matter how spin it. His 1 year at TN was 6-6 which was preceded by 5-7 and followed up by 6-6 so I'm not sure how he made them better. If he was as great as you say he would have been somewhere longer than 3 years. Guess who else has an FCS team better than they've ever been and playing for a conference title twice? Napier. Guess who else was a successful offensive coordinator at a big P5 program. Your damn boy JOEVESTER.

With that said I think Ole Miss is probably one of the best fits for him. We will see how it turns out. I think boom or bust.

RezDog7
12-06-2019, 10:00 PM
That's a great question. Lag behind with JoVester seems to be the current plan

If Kiffin kicks his ass, we'll fire him and get a better coach.

deadheaddawg
12-06-2019, 10:01 PM
Kiffin to UM will get headlines. Immediate results will be positive, but in the end Kiffin will do what he always does and somehow burn this thing to the ground. Will it be NCAA related? Will it be Freshwater leaving for a better job? Will it be coeds? Who knows but it will happen. UM and Kiffin are a perfect match.

ETA: if this is such a home run, why didn't Texas or FSU or any other big name get him?

He didn't burn FAU down. Quite the opposite. He's leaving them in good shape.

And the truth is ole miss is a lot closer to FAU than USC or UT, when he was there.

He's very likely to bolt in about 3 years but I think he will make them better than they are now. And the truth is there is not much seperation between the us and them right now.

And it's pretty simple math....they aren't far behind + them getting better = we don't need to get worse.

Should we be worried? If you think our program is getting worse you should be

Activated Alpha
12-06-2019, 10:14 PM
To those that think this is the best possible scenario for us are naive or sticking their heads in the sand. He might not have been a good coach in his early days, but he does have experience and will no doubt build a good staff. He will instantly make hem better than when they had Luke. He might not be able to compete with Bama or LSU right away, but he will make them competitive against good teams. Hell Luke had them competitive against Auburn at Auburn whereas we were embarrassed after the first 6 minutes.

He will absolutely destroy Moorhead in the egg bowl

bobcat91
12-06-2019, 10:20 PM
He will be a better coach than Moorhead but will not have better coordinators than Rich Rod or Macintyre. Moorhead is a pretty good recruiter. I'm not that wowed by Kiffin, but most of you see OM boogeymen everywhere

confucius say
12-06-2019, 10:22 PM
What?

2015? National Champs

He has a negative coaching effect as a head coach
and OC. Meaning he has lost more games in which he had the talent advantage than he has won in which he was had a talent disadvantage.

He did just recently become a born again Christian though, so kudos for that

TUSK
12-06-2019, 10:28 PM
Tosh's connection to Kiffin was via his disdain for Saban... He's a huge Dolphins fan...

While I'd love to see him do some more Kiffin Parodies, I don't expect any...

Mjoelner34
12-06-2019, 10:31 PM
Just heard from bear source that Kiffen is supposedly bringing Lebby in as OC.

confucius say
12-06-2019, 10:37 PM

Napier is still but of an Unknown, but his coaching effect is much higher and outpaces kiffin in about every adjusted analytical area

Maroonthirteen
12-06-2019, 10:38 PM
Oh the irony.....

A bunch of beta talk...... oh no, Lane Kiffen and Ole Miss.... I?m scared.

All the while talking about not going to games and not buying tickets. Then cuss Cohen and the cigar boys for not spending 7MM to make room for a young coach from Louisiana Fn Lafayette.

TUSK
12-06-2019, 10:42 PM
https://newsms.fm/source-ole-miss-nearing-a-deal-with-lane-kiffin/

I flea'd that from "another" message board... one of those cats said his sauces indicated Briles at OC and Charlie Strong at DC....

note: I do not know the veracity of these rumors... Just found the names interesting...

Liverpooldawg
12-06-2019, 10:52 PM
https://newsms.fm/source-ole-miss-nearing-a-deal-with-lane-kiffin/

I flea'd that from "another" message board... one of those cats said his sauces indicated Briles at OC and Charlie Strong at DC....

note: I do not know the veracity of these rumors... Just found the names interesting...

With Briles and Kiffen.....what could possibly go wrong? They must be suicidal.

Liverpooldawg
12-06-2019, 10:56 PM
Ole Miss won 4 games and embarrassed themselves so bad in the Egg Bowl it made news all over the world. This after all the other embarrassing things they have done over the last decade. They have 9 players in the transfer portal and had 6 decommits on Monday. They haven't been to a bowl in 4 years. They evidently are about to hire a guy that USC wouldn't even let on their plane after they fired him on the tarmac after a road game during the season. That program is an unmitigated dumpster fire yet we have people who are scared of them. Poor ole whooped down MSU syndrome is rampant on this board. Scared to death of the worst Ole Miss program in years, it's embarrassing.

msstate7
12-06-2019, 10:58 PM
With Briles and Kiffen.....what could possibly go wrong? They must be suicidal.

They worked together at FAU. In 2017, they had the #9 total offense in country and #8 scoring offense. Fau won the conference that year

Rex54
12-06-2019, 11:01 PM
Ole Miss won 4 games and embarrassed themselves so bad in the Egg Bowl it made news all over the world. This after all the other embarrassing things they have done over the last decade. They have 9 players in the transfer portal and had 6 decommits on Monday. They haven't been to a bowl in 4 years. They evidently are about to hire a guy that USC wouldn't even let on their plane after they fired him on the tarmac after a road game during the season. That program is an unmitigated dumpster fire yet we have people who are scared of them. Poor ole whooped down MSU syndrome is rampant on this board. Scared to death of the worst Ole Miss program in years, it's embarrassing.

Come back to me after next years Egg Bowl is OM 34 MSU 17... what’s about to be embarrassing is our program.

DeputyDawg94
12-06-2019, 11:01 PM
Time will tell, but I think Kiffin will coach circles around Joe.

Liverpooldawg
12-06-2019, 11:02 PM
Come back to me after next years Egg Bowl is OM 34 MSU 17... what’s about to be embarrassing is our program.

Yep, SOS mentality is alive and well.

Liverpooldawg
12-06-2019, 11:06 PM
I'll say this: The GOAT boy is the most Ole Miss coach they could ever hire. Having your reputation be based mostly on what your Daddy did is SO Ole Miss.

Rex54
12-06-2019, 11:12 PM

Croom would coach circles around that no-chin loser. Physiognomy is real, we’re a soft soylent team under the chinless wonder. Who would you rather follow into the battle on the gridiron?

https://www.onlinegambling.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/BillyNapier.jpg
https://cdn-s3.si.com/s3fs-public/styles/marquee_large_2x/public/2019/05/21/joe-moorhead-mississippi-state-contract-extension.jpg?itok=uzJLfG16

Liverpooldawg
12-06-2019, 11:15 PM
for Kiffen to Ole Miss. Out of all the people they had been linked with, this is the one I wanted them to hire. It can always work out but if it does he will leave like a shot. His history says it won't and he will leave wreckage behind. The GOAT BOY at Ole Miss, fire up the popcorn popper!

Rex54
12-06-2019, 11:19 PM
Your an idiot and have the mindset that keeps us in the SEC gutter moving forward. Into the locker with you and this program for nerds. Moorhead = king nerd. Weak minded, excuse making, no emotion, Yankee.

If there ever were a time that we needed to contrast them with a tough son of the south coach like Napier it’s NOW. We are about to be shoved in the locker metaphorically by ole miss and the rest of the division sans Arkansas.

TUSK
12-06-2019, 11:19 PM
for Kiffen to Ole Miss. Out of all the people they had been linked with, this is the one I wanted them to hire. It can always work out but if it does he will leave like a shot. His history says it won't and he will leave wreckage behind. The GOAT BOY at Ole Miss, fire up the popcorn popper!

IN!

https://media.giphy.com/media/K9b2WiPZi0ZjO/giphy.gif

Captain Falcon
12-06-2019, 11:21 PM

Some of y’all are convinced a jar of dirt could coach circles around Joe, so what makes Kiffin any different? If Joe fails he will be fired, it’s that simple, and then we’ll move forward from there. If Joe ends up being a good coach then great, we have a good coach. I am really not understanding the doom and despair about OM hiring Kiffin. If he becomes a problem for Moorhead, then he won’t be Moorhead’s problem for very long.

ShotgunDawg
12-06-2019, 11:21 PM
I think Kiffin as a coach is overrated but he has more charisma in his pinky than Joe has in his entire body. Good chance this hire makes Cohen look awful

Liverpooldawg
12-06-2019, 11:24 PM
Your an idiot and have the mindset that keeps us in the SEC gutter moving forward. Into the locker with you and this program for nerds. Moorhead = king nerd. Weak minded, excuse making, no emotion, Yankee.

If there ever were a time that we needed to contrast them with a tough son of the south coach like Napier it’s NOW. We are about to be shoved in the locker metaphorically by ole miss and the rest of the division sans Arkansas.

That post did not mention our situation. It was about Ole Miss and theirs. Why does every thread here have to be turned into poor ole MSU?

DogsofAnarchy
12-06-2019, 11:26 PM
This is a good hire. Kiffin has matured apparently and created a good team down there in Boca. He will be able to recruit right away and I will say he will unite the OM fan base. While we are faltering with JM and LT they will probably surpass us. That’s why we are MSU.

KOdawg1
12-06-2019, 11:27 PM
Kiffin fits them just like Napier fits us.

Liverpooldawg
12-06-2019, 11:29 PM
I think Kiffin as a coach is overrated but he has more charisma in his pinky than Joe has in his entire body. Good chance this hire makes Cohen look awful

His charisma is overrated as well. He has wound up being absolutely hated by every program he has ever been at except for the one he is at now, so far. USC fans were livid when he was hired as HC. They wanted him GONE when he was OC.

Liverpooldawg
12-06-2019, 11:30 PM
Kiffin fits them just like Napier fits us.

He does, because what your Daddy did has always been a big thing there.

Rex54
Some of y’all are convinced a jar of dirt could coach circles around Joe, so what makes Kiffin any different? If Joe fails he will be fired, it’s that simple, and then we’ll move forward from there.

From a position of abject weakness while all momentum is with them! That’s why all of us are hammering the need to dump this soyboy loser Moorhead and get Napier while we still have the upper hand!

If we had gotten Napier right after the Egg Bowl, Matt Luke would still have a job. As it turns out the chinless Yankee keeping his job signaled an open door to start the rebuild in Oxford early.

John Cohen has to go. What a total incompetent buffoon.

BeardoMSU
Why does every thread here have to be turned into poor ole MSU?

Well, this is an MSU board, lol.

Rex54
12-06-2019, 11:32 PM
This is a good hire. Kiffin has matured apparently and created a good team down there in Boca. He will be able to recruit right away and I will say he will unite the OM fan base. While we are faltering with JM and LT they will probably surpass us. That’s why we are MSU.

Exactly. The nerds of the west.

BeardoMSU
12-06-2019, 11:34 PM

But we won the EB, tho...apparently, to us thats what's best in life...too bad Conan isn't our AD.**

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHohEY-IQ_w

yjnkdawg
12-06-2019, 11:36 PM
McCready said it was a done deal and Kiffin would be arriving at OM on Sunday and probably be announced on Monday.

Liverpooldawg
12-06-2019, 11:37 PM
Some of y’all are convinced a jar of dirt could coach circles around Joe, so what makes Kiffin any different? If Joe fails he will be fired, it’s that simple, and then we’ll move forward from there. If Joe ends up being a good coach then great, we have a good coach. I am really not understanding the doom and despair about OM hiring Kiffin. If he becomes a problem for Moorhead, then he won’t be Moorhead’s problem for very long.

One thing they have done is make sure Joe will leave at the first opportunity if he does turn it around. He will be fired anyway if he doesn't so they haven't accomplished anything at all that is remotely positive on that front. They are also making it much harder on whoever the coach is down the road, Joe or his replacement. What they are doing is making things worse, and that isn't up for discussion. The thing to do if you have the best interest of the program in mind is to support the team. If you can't do that at least shut up for now. That's what I'm doing, on both of those fronts.

TUSK
12-06-2019, 11:38 PM
But we won the EB, tho...apparently, to us thats what's best in life...too bad Conan isn't our AD.**

ahhhhhhhh, that video makes me wanna get a stein of grog to soothe my gullet and a wench to tend to my loins....

Liverpooldawg
12-06-2019, 11:39 PM
From a position of abject weakness while all momentum is with them! That’s why all of us are hammering the need to dump this soyboy loser Moorhead and get Napier while we still have the upper hand!

If we had gotten Napier right after the Egg Bowl, Matt Luke would still have a job. As it turns out the chinless Yankee keeping his job signaled an open door to start the rebuild in Oxford early.

Luke was gone from the moments that guy hiked his leg and the kicker missed. Luke got fired because that embarrassment went international. They were always going to fire him, but they really didn't want to do it this year.

bulldawg28
12-06-2019, 11:40 PM
He does, because what your Daddy did has always been a big thing there.

??????

DogsofAnarchy
12-06-2019, 11:40 PM
Exactly. The nerds of the west.

Kiffin and Ole Miss already front page on Yahoo.

parabrave
12-06-2019, 11:41 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TvJy2Ot48M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4acayiZAHaM

Crap thats some funny as heck shi*. Thank god he didn't know about Cannizaro and the babe/

BeardoMSU
12-06-2019, 11:42 PM
ahhhhhhhh, that video makes me wanna get a stein of grog to soothe my gullet and a wench to tend to my loins....

I can see it now, lol...

https://i.gifer.com/Q7nr.gif

Quaoarsking
12-06-2019, 11:45 PM

It's 2019. "Nerd" is a good thing that people to aspire to be. Joe is a mediocre coach because he's not nerdy enough.

And Kiffin is a fool.

Cooterpoot
Way too many pussies on this board. You guys melt like butter and your world ends because you have some bullshit, negative ass, end of the world thought process that leads to multiple conspiracies and ways your sports worlds can suck.

bulldawg28
If we didn't fire him now. Firing him after a bowl game would be even more stupid. Every signee would have a claim to get out of Loi. There would be crap left for coaches. That's just not smart.

The right coach could convince them to stay.

Liverpooldawg
12-06-2019, 11:47 PM
Well, this is an MSU board, lol.

And we are at heart, always poor ole MSU.

vv83
12-06-2019, 11:47 PM
Kiffin is going to do great there. Enjoy this EB victory we won’t see another for a while

Liverpooldawg
12-06-2019, 11:48 PM
Kiffin and Ole Miss already front page on Yahoo.

And we all know that is what matters. I'm over the moon they hired him. It's a no win situation long term no matter what happens short term.

bulldawg28
12-06-2019, 11:49 PM
Way too many pussies on this board. You guys melt like butter and your world ends because you have some bullshit, negative ass, end of the world thought process that leads to multiple conspiracies and ways your sports worlds can suck.

You don't have to be scared to be beaten and confidence doesn't guarantee success. The discussion is regarding football only. The thing this hire does is guarantees Jomo's firing soon. That's a great thing!

msstate7
12-06-2019, 11:50 PM

Moorhead sucks. Kiffin is better than luke. Do you not agree with these 2 statements? If you do, well the gap is shrinking... now how much better OM will he is certainly to be determined, but I think joe has room to suck even more too

TUSK
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/AntiqueImmediateAmazontreeboa-size_restricted.gif

[insert Joe the Camel pic]

Quaoarsking
Remember in 2017-18 when Kiffin was openly liking Tweets speculating that he might take this or that P5 job? I wonder how Ole Miss fans will take to that.

Oh, and Kiffin is playing for a conference championship tomorrow so we see where his head is.

Liverpooldawg
12-06-2019, 11:55 PM
??????

Kiffen's Dad was a long time very successful and respected assistant coach, mostly in the NFL. That's how he got so far early in his career. Like I said, he was born on third base and wants you to think he hit a triple.

Rex54
12-06-2019, 11:57 PM
It's 2019. "Nerd" is a good thing that people to aspire to.

Thank you excesses of capitalism. “Consume product get excited for next product Marvel fan” provides no future for America. Napier, Grantham, hell get me Rich Rod. Someone with testosterone instead of cryin’ Joe.

bulldawg28
12-06-2019, 11:58 PM
Kiffen's Dad was a long time very successful and respected assistant coach, mostly in the NFL. That's how he got so far early in his career. Like I said, he was born on third base and wants you to think he hit a triple.

Lol..nice analogy. However, being born on 3rd base gives a great advantage.

Liverpooldawg
12-06-2019, 11:58 PM

They have no momentum. Their trajectory has been down and hard down. Hiring Kiffen is one of the biggest overt signs of desperation I have ever seen them make.

RougeDawg
12-06-2019, 11:59 PM
Some of y?all are convinced a jar of dirt could coach circles around Joe, so what makes Kiffin any different? If Joe fails he will be fired, it?s that simple, and then we?ll move forward from there. If Joe ends up being a good coach then great, we have a good coach. I am really not understanding the doom and despair about OM hiring Kiffin. If he becomes a problem for Moorhead, then he won?t be Moorhead?s problem for very long.

Please provide the board one shred of evidence that disproves that JoVester has not failed? Even Liverpool could have won 10 games with the 2018 team and he doesn?t know water is wet.

It?s not looking at 8-5 and 6-6. It is looking at what a Blind drunken idiot could have done with the last two seasons. 10-2 and 8-4 was all but a done deal. It would take a complete moron to do any less. And we found a moron capable of doing just that.

I was bashed last year for pointing out that JoVester was a -2 in the win column for 2018. Everyone said it was Fitzs fault. Well fast forward to 2019. KSU and UT and that?s the 2019 -2 in the win column. SloMo keeps proving my original perceptions correct. He is a net negative impact on wins and losses. Until the data set proves the theory wrong that I composed after UK and UF 2018, how can one think anything else will happen with future results?

Liverpooldawg
12-07-2019, 12:01 AM
Lol..nice analogy. However, being born on 3rd base gives a great advantage.

It does, but if you get home, you have to do it again on your own. The GOAT boy hasn't done very well there. He got sent down to AA ball. He didn't cut it in the majors. We will see if it helped. He has a lot of other baggage too. He has left a lot of wreckage in his wake.

confucius say
12-07-2019, 12:01 AM
Moorhead sucks. Kiffin is better than luke. Do you not agree with these 2 statements? If you do, well the gap is shrinking... now how much better OM will he is certainly to be determined, but I think joe has room to suck even more too

I agree with both of those statement. But the real question is not whether kiffin is better than Luke, it is whether kiffen or whomever runs the offense is better than rich rod and whether the new dc is better than mcentyre.

confucius say
12-07-2019, 12:04 AM
Please provide the board one shred of evidence that disproves that JoVester has not failed? Even Liverpool could have won 10 games with the 2018 team and he doesn?t know water is wet.

It?s not looking at 8-5 and 6-6. It is looking at what a Blind drunken idiot could have done with the last two seasons. 10-2 and 8-4 was all but a done deal. It would take a complete moron to do any less. And we found a moron capable of doing just that.

I was bashed last year for pointing out that JoVester was a -2 in the win column for 2018. Everyone said it was Fitzs fault. Well fast forward to 2019. KSU and UT and that?s the 2019 -2 in the win column. SloMo keeps proving my original perceptions correct. He is a net negative impact on wins and losses. Until the data set proves the theory wrong that I composed after UK and UF 2018, how can one think anything else will happen with future results?

He actually has a positive coach effect based on the analytics (recruiting rankings + home field advantage).

Liverpooldawg
12-07-2019, 12:04 AM

Kiffen was a desperate move. It's a huge risk and the potential reward isn't really that great. Look at his history.

msstate7
12-07-2019, 12:05 AM
I agree with both of those statement. But the real question is not whether kiffin is better than Luke, it is whether kiffen or whomever runs the offense is better than rich rod and whether the new dc is better than mcentyre.

I wouldn't be surprised if OM retains Mac. They named him interim, which to me, seems like a move to keep him. We do not want kiffin to get Kendal briles and retain Mac

Liverpooldawg
12-07-2019, 12:05 AM
He actually has a positive coach effect based on the analytics (recruiting rankings + home field advantage).

Yep, and Kiffen has one of the worst ones out there. Don't confuse them with facts. Poor old MSU.

Bothrops
12-07-2019, 12:06 AM
Some of y?all are convinced a jar of dirt could coach circles around Joe, so what makes Kiffin any different? If Joe fails he will be fired, it?s that simple, and then we?ll move forward from there. If Joe ends up being a good coach then great, we have a good coach. I am really not understanding the doom and despair about OM hiring Kiffin. If he becomes a problem for Moorhead, then he won?t be Moorhead?s problem for very long.

This is logical reasoning.....you can't do that. Moorhead retaining the job for 2020 is the end of MSU, and there's no going back.

MaroonFlounder
12-07-2019, 12:07 AM
I don't get the fear that many Bulldogs have of a Kiffin at OM.

Go hunker down in your fallout shelters.

confucius say
I wouldn't be surprised if OM retains Mac. They named him interim, which to me, seems like a move to keep him. We do not want kiffin to get Kendal briles and retain Mac

Be interested to see if they can pay kiffen 4 million and Mac 1 million on top of the buyouts.

msstate7
Yep, and Kiffen has one of the worst ones out there. Don't confuse them with facts. Poor old MSU.

Moorhead got a +1 on coaching effect (bartoo) for beating om in 2018. That system has some flaws

msstate7
12-07-2019, 12:09 AM
I don't get the fear that many Bulldogs have of a Kiffin at OM.

Go hunker down in your fallout shelters.

It's not necessarily kiffin fear, it's that we know we have an awful coach already.

MaroonFlounder
12-07-2019, 12:10 AM
Joey Freshwater

confucius say
12-07-2019, 12:11 AM
Carter stated at his presser Monday that the ultimate factor with firing Luke was fan apathy and lack of excitement ($$$) around the program from fans/boosters.

That is a huge component of what this hire is about, because if it was strictly football then Napier and Mac have higher coaching metrics according to the analytics.

confucius say
12-07-2019, 12:15 AM
Moorhead got a +1 on coaching effect (bartoo) for beating om in 2018. That system has some flaws

Not sure about OM in 2018, but yea on auburn and Aggie. Lost one to KSU in 2019.

msstate7
12-07-2019, 12:17 AM
Not sure about OM in 2018, but yea on auburn and Aggie. Lost one to KSU in 2019.

I think the auburn win is deserved. Nah on aTm... we were the favorite with reason.

ETA... tenn and Kentucky weren't counted against him either. Both should've been marks against

smootness
12-07-2019, 12:23 AM
Kiffin was 28-16 at USC
Kiffin was great at Bama

He 'got them going' at UT? They lost 6 games. Sure, they lost 7 the year before he got there, but had won 10 2 years before. And he set them up so well they won 6 games the next year...then 5...then 5 again. He recruited well, and most of those kids ended up having huge issues.

And he went 28-16 at USC...so mostly a failure, in essence. He was fired there because he went 7-6 and then started the next year 3-2.

He did well at Bama, yes. And then got fired. Right before the national title game. Bit of a red flag.

He has done well at FAU, I'll give him that.

This is the most Ole Miss hire ever. Make a splash, don't concern yourself too much about whether it will actually work in the long run. He will make some headlines, build excitement, win some recruiting battles, have players who have off-field issues and don't buy in, not actually win a ton of games, and will leave one way or another after 3 years max.

He is better than Moorhead. So.

parabrave
12-07-2019, 12:26 AM
This is a good hire. Kiffin has matured apparently and created a good team down there in Boca. He will be able to recruit right away and I will say he will unite the OM fan base. While we are faltering with JM and LT they will probably surpass us. That?s why we are MSU.

Well the big question is will he melt bigger than Mulls when he faces Saban.

KOdawg1
12-07-2019, 12:27 AM
He 'got them going' at UT? They lost 6 games. Sure, they lost 7 the year before he got there, but had won 10 2 years before. And he set them up so well they won 6 games the next year...then 5...then 5 again. He recruited well, and most of those kids ended up having huge issues.

And he went 28-16 at USC...so mostly a failure, in essence. He was fired there because he went 7-6 and then started the next year 3-2.

He did well at Bama, yes. And then got fired. Right before the national title game. Bit of a red flag.

He has done well at FAU, I'll give him that.

This is the most Ole Miss hire ever. Make a splash, don't concern yourself too much about whether it will actually work in the long run. He will make some headlines, build excitement, win some recruiting battles, have players who have off-field issues and don't buy in, not actually win a ton of games, and will leave one way or another after 3 years max.

He is better than Moorhead. So.

This post pretty much sums it up

bulldawg28
12-07-2019, 12:37 AM

Briles is probably on the way. He doesn't have a job right now.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-07-2019, 12:39 AM
Wonder if OM realizes that he has any success at all there he will bolt for the next offer that comes along.

HancockCountyDog
12-07-2019, 12:44 AM
Wonder if OM realizes that he has any success at all there he will bolt for the next offer that comes along.

My guess is they are counting on it. He can’t leave unless he wins.

Matt3467
12-07-2019, 12:56 AM

You, Political, and a few others actually get this. Kiffin will have OM to Freeze era level in a very short time. This was a splash hire, but a very good hire. People saying it's not mostly hate OM so much they can't stand to see them succeed so they rationalize it.

Kiffin will have OM recruiting top players like Freeze did but without most of the illegal stuff. He'll bring his dad Monte along to help and regardless of his age that guy is a defensive genius.

A lot of people are saying he'll jump ship in 3 or 4 years for a bigger job. OM has the potential to be elite. If he succeeds there why leave? They'll pay him what he wants. OM isn't a stepping stone job. Had Freeze not been an idiot he'd be a lifer there and we'd be up a creek for decades. It's a perfect fit for Lane. Now I wouldn't want him here because he wouldn't fit at MSU. OM is like the city boy while MSU is the country boy and Lane is the former.

Either way it appears he's grown up and matured and if so then OM will have a leg up on us as long as we have Jo at the helm and possibly longer because I'm not confident even with Jo gone we could make a competent hire.

Schultzy
12-07-2019, 01:01 AM
Please mark me down in the “Epic disaster but can’t wait to watch” column

deadheaddawg
12-07-2019, 01:01 AM
Remember in 2017-18 when Kiffin was openly liking Tweets speculating that he might take this or that P5 job? I wonder how Ole Miss fans will take to that.

Oh, and Kiffin is playing for a conference championship tomorrow so we see where his head is.

That sounds a bit like Mullen, wouldn't you say? Every year he shopped his ass around to all the other schools right in our faces and when Florida came a knocking we saw where his head was at during the egg bowl.

And you know what? It worked out pretty well for us and most of us would take him back.

Does that mean kiffin is a sure thing at ole miss? No. But your reasons are not really important to him succeeding or failing

Liverpooldawg
12-07-2019, 01:12 AM

Beating Ole Miss is what's best in (sports) life if you grew up where and when I did. I still live in Mississippi so it still holds. There are more Bammers here now, all the sidewalk types that were Rebs when I was a kid have become Bammers, but there are still plenty of obnoxious Rebels. They have become even more obnoxious since they aren't diluted as much. The Bammers don't bother me, they can't help themselves. Rebels are just different.

Liverpooldawg
12-07-2019, 01:14 AM
Thank you excesses of capitalism. ?Consume product get excited for next product Marvel fan? provides no future for America. Napier, Grantham, hell get me Rich Rod. Someone with testosterone instead of cryin? Joe.
Rich Rod couldn't beat Joe. I won't bother about you anymore.

deadheaddawg
12-07-2019, 01:20 AM
https://twitter.com/ByPatForde/status/1203159547025735681

Quaoarsking
12-07-2019, 01:25 AM
That sounds a bit like Mullen, wouldn't you say? Every year he shopped his ass around to all the other schools right in our faces and when Florida came a knocking we saw where his head was at during the egg bowl.

And you know what? It worked out pretty well for us and most of us would take him back.

Does that mean kiffin is a sure thing at ole miss? No. But your reasons are not really important to him succeeding or failing

Mullen was doing it on Twitter for the whole world to see?

Todd4State
12-07-2019, 01:30 AM
If Kiffin kicks his ass, we'll fire him and get a better coach.

That's pretty much it. Actually I don't know if us beating them next year will be enough for Joe if he has more questionable losses and the team doesn't improve significantly on the field anyway. I think because of how he has acted he's going to have to have a special season to save himself. The boosters are not going to be caught off guard by Cohen and Joe again next year. Win or lose the Egg Bowl.

Todd4State
12-07-2019, 01:33 AM

Exactly. It is very simple.

Liverpooldawg
This is logical reasoning.....you can't do that. Moorhead retaining the job for 2020 is the end of MSU, and there's no going back.

The end of MSU? You have officially gone off the deep end. Get some help.

Liverpooldawg
My guess is they are counting on it. He can’t leave unless he wins.

It hasn't ever stopped him before

Liverpooldawg
12-07-2019, 01:35 AM
https://twitter.com/ByPatForde/status/1203159547025735681

Yep, it's one of the more desperate moves I've ever seen a D1 program make. It's also probabaly one of the dumbest. It's no surprise so many here love it.

Liverpooldawg
12-07-2019, 01:36 AM
Please mark me down in the “Epic disaster but can’t wait to watch” column

Yep.

Liverpooldawg
12-07-2019, 01:39 AM
You, Political, and a few others actually get this. Kiffin will have OM to Freeze era level in a very short time. This was a splash hire, but a very good hire. People saying it's not mostly hate OM so much they can't stand to see them succeed so they rationalize it.

Kiffin will have OM recruiting top players like Freeze did but without most of the illegal stuff. He'll bring his dad Monte along to help and regardless of his age that guy is a defensive genius.

A lot of people are saying he'll jump ship in 3 or 4 years for a bigger job. OM has the potential to be elite. If he succeeds there why leave? They'll pay him what he wants. OM isn't a stepping stone job. Had Freeze not been an idiot he'd be a lifer there and we'd be up a creek for decades. It's a perfect fit for Lane. Now I wouldn't want him here because he wouldn't fit at MSU. OM is like the city boy while MSU is the country boy and Lane is the former.

Either way it appears he's grown up and matured and if so then OM will have a leg up on us as long as we have Jo at the helm and possibly longer because I'm not confident even with Jo gone we could make a competent hire.

Well now, that is an interesting post. It surely is. If this place was anything like what it used to be it would be noticed. Now it won't be, except to agree with it.

timotheus
12-07-2019, 01:43 AM
yep and he's got a good point too. we have a guru though, right?

Todd4State
12-07-2019, 01:44 AM
Please mark me down in the ?Epic disaster but can?t wait to watch? column

This has a better chance of ending up like Bobby Petrino at Arkansas as it does working out.

He's better than Moorhead but shoot- most people want him gone anyway. And if we start losing the Egg Bowl Moorhead will be toast pretty quickly. Keenum isn't going to stand for that. Heck- Moorhead is already a few pissed off boosters away from getting fired as it is.

When Moorhead goes then we can go get Napier and we'll be fine. And on top of that we'll have a better read on guys like Drinkwitz and Will Healy so we may have a better pool to work with next time anyway.

Liverpooldawg
12-07-2019, 01:46 AM
Carter stated at his presser Monday that the ultimate factor with firing Luke was fan apathy and lack of excitement ($$$) around the program from fans/boosters.

That is a huge component of what this hire is about, because if it was strictly football then Napier and Mac have higher coaching metrics according to the analytics.

Don't let them fool you. That wasn't why he got fired. They already knew about that and were prepared to deal with it for one, at the most two more years. He got fired a bit earlier than they intended not because of losing the Egg Bowl, nor because of how they lost it. He got fired because of the overwhelming embarrassment they experienced when the WORLD WIDE media picked up on it and started heaping ridicule on them. THAT they can't tolerate. They had no plan obviously. Therefore they got into a bidding war with the Swine over LANE KIFFEN. It's glorious.

Liverpooldawg
12-07-2019, 01:50 AM
That's pretty much it. Actually I don't know if us beating them next year will be enough for Joe if he has more questionable losses and the team doesn't improve significantly on the field anyway. I think because of how he has acted he's going to have to have a special season to save himself. The boosters are not going to be caught off guard by Cohen and Joe again next year. Win or lose the Egg Bowl.

The boosters won't have to get caught off guard if that happens, if they were anyway, which most of them weren't. Other than that you are correct.

CadaverDawg
12-07-2019, 01:50 AM
My thoughts:

1) I'm still more worried about having a stinking turd at the wheel of OUR program.

2) Kiffin checks the main Ole Miss box: "win the press conference".
He is a headline grabber, that's what Ole Miss cares about more than winning football games.

3) He will recruit well there.

4) He will underachieve compared to his recruiting.

5) Briles will leave to be a head coach within the first two seasons.

6) Did I mention our coach sucks?

7) Kiffin will make them a 7-8 win team, but they won't be a true threat in the West

8) They're going to beat our ass whether they have Lane Kiffin or Bernie from Weekend at Bernies propped up on the sidelines, because we have goon as a HC.

9) Merry Christmas, Holy Shit, Pass the Tylenol

Todd4State
12-07-2019, 01:51 AM
The boosters won't have to get caught off guard if that happens, if they were anyway, which most of them weren't. Other than that you are correct.

Well, when Joe says that he will take 4 million for a buyout and then says **** you I want all of it I would call that being caught off guard.

Liverpooldawg
12-07-2019, 01:54 AM
Well, when Joe says that he will take 4 million for a buyout and then says **** you I want all of it I would call that being caught off guard.

IF that happened. It's taken as fact here of course. I know what I was told well before the Egg Bowl. Seriously Todd, think about it. You are owed, by contract, over nine million. Would you seriously accept four million instead? That was the whole thing in that rumor that never made sense at all. I fell for it too. I believed it, but in hindsight, that one thing should have been THE red flag.

Todd4State
12-07-2019, 01:59 AM
IF that happened. It's taken as fact here of course. I know what I was told well before the Egg Bowl. Seriously Todd, think about it. You are owed, by contract, over nine million. Would you seriously accept four million instead? That was the whole thing in that rumor that never made sense at all.

No. And I actually said as much before that if I were in that position I would want the full buyout. It's actually more like 7 million. Sometimes people negotiate to take less so that they don't get fired. Joe is pretty damn close to it right now.

Liverpooldawg
12-07-2019, 02:05 AM
My thoughts:

1) I'm still more worried about having a stinking turd at the wheel of OUR program.

He is a headline grabber, that's what Ole Miss cares about more than winning football games.

7) Kiffin will make them a 7-8 win team, but they won't be a true threat in the West

8) They're going to beat our ass whether they have Lane Kiffin or Bernie from Weekend at Bernies propped up on the sidelines, because we have goon as a HC.

1) that's always more important
2) He grabs headlines alright. Winning the press conference.......It's Lane Kiffen. Pat Forde has already weighed in, and they didn't win that one.
3) They may.....he will have as much to do with it as Freeze did. This is notice they are all in again, and they are still in the 5 year window.
4) absolutely, he always has
5) has he even been hired yet?. I agree though
6) you skipped it
7) maybe, maybe not. He has never done as well as expected at a major school
8) well, they haven't beaten that goon yet. If they do next year, the goon is still 2-1 against them. How many MSU head coaches have had winning records against them?
9) Merry Christmas, I won't dignify that, too much Tylenol will kill you.

Liverpooldawg
12-07-2019, 02:10 AM
No. And I actually said as much before that if I were in that position I would want the full buyout. It's actually more like 7 million. Sometimes people negotiate to take less so that they don't get fired. Joe is pretty damn close to it right now.

It was a little over nine million, that's what I was told. I also thought it was around what you said. You don't take over a 50% cut when you are talking about that kind of money. That's set for a decently comfortable life without ever hitting another lick money if you play your cards right.

CJDAWG85
12-07-2019, 02:45 AM
Briles is at FSU

Todd4State
12-07-2019, 03:32 AM
It was a little over nine million, that's what I was told. I also thought it was around what you said. You don't take over a 50% cut when you are talking about that kind of money. That's set for a decently comfortable life without ever hitting another lick money if you play your cards right.

He should have no problem with money. He can find a job in the Big 10 as an OC or go back to Fordham at the very worst. It's seven million. It's been reported here and I believe on Genespage as well. It may be less next year depending on how the contract negotiations go.

bulldawg28
12-07-2019, 05:23 AM
I hope some of you guys along with our university administrators have thick skin. Kiffin will stir the rivalry pot like non other. The same way Dan trolled them 365 days it's going to be headed back to the bulldog nation.

I expect he'll bring his brother back whose a good coach and great recruiter. He'll probably put together a decent coaching staff and have a turnaround within 2 years. This has the makings to be a Hugh Freeze situation in wins .

Take your maroon biased glasses off and see the reality of the football situation. Ole Miss if they hire Kiffin just went 5 levels above us in the win column and seriousness about winning. We can cry wolf and expect the NCAA to come but let's be real. They didn't dismantle anything before and will not in the future. Ole miss is tired of losing to MSU and want revenge.

Buckle up boys this rivalry just became fun again!

KOdawg1
12-07-2019, 05:26 AM
Oh good, another thread

phatdog
12-07-2019, 06:10 AM
Lane may go 2-10 next year. Not sure he's ever had to deal with that. Not sure his skin is thick enough to handle it.

KOdawg1
12-07-2019, 06:47 AM
Lane may go 2-10 next year. Not sure he's ever had to deal with that. Not sure his skin is thick enough to handle it.

I don't see how a 4-8 team that returns everyone important and gains a better coach gets worse

msstate7
12-07-2019, 06:49 AM
I don't see how a 4-8 team that returns everyone important and gains a better coach gets worse

Unless they hired a savant

phatdog
12-07-2019, 06:49 AM
look at their schedule

msstate7
12-07-2019, 06:51 AM
look at their schedule

They have a path to 6: se Missouri, vandy, UConn, ark, ga southern, us

phatdog
12-07-2019, 07:08 AM
I can see that too.

Cooterpoot
12-07-2019, 07:50 AM
It’s the end of the 17ing world for a few of you guys. And with Keenum killing beer sales, you won’t even be able to drink.

Maroonthirteen
12-07-2019, 08:20 AM
Don't let them fool you. That wasn't why he got fired. They already knew about that and were prepared to deal with it for one, at the most two more years. He got fired a bit earlier than they intended not because of losing the Egg Bowl, nor because of how they lost it. He got fired because of the overwhelming embarrassment they experienced when the WORLD WIDE media picked up on it and started heaping ridicule on them. THAT they can't tolerate. They had no plan obviously..

This is what I heard also. In addition, I heard people who are big contributors to OM academics and not involved in athletics. They went to the chancellor and said Luke has to go for this embarrassment. They contributed to the buyout.

ShotgunDawg
12-07-2019, 08:27 AM
My thoughts:

6) Did I mention our coach sucks?

Correct. This echos my thoughts.

Kiffin will do OK, but our biggest problem isn't Kiffin. It's that we have a goon coaching us.

fader2103
12-07-2019, 09:04 AM
I think this a very good hire for Ole Miss. with how he recruits the names that has been floated out for their staff and the network they will have a top 10 recruiting class.

Now I looked at UM's schedule next year. It is very hard the first half and I can see him starting the season 1-4 and then making them bowl eligible possibly a 6-6 season at most 7-5

MafiaDawg
12-07-2019, 09:15 AM
Listening to you babies I would have thought they hired urban Meyer. Some of you need to get a serious grip on reality.

Coursesuper
12-07-2019, 09:28 AM
Don't let them fool you. That wasn't why he got fired. They already knew about that and were prepared to deal with it for one, at the most two more years. He got fired a bit earlier than they intended not because of losing the Egg Bowl, nor because of how they lost it. He got fired because of the overwhelming embarrassment they experienced when the WORLD WIDE media picked up on it and started heaping ridicule on them. THAT they can't tolerate. They had no plan obviously. Therefore they got into a bidding war with the Swine over LANE KIFFEN. It's glorious.

This is possibly one of the most head in the pounded sand post ever.

TrapGame
12-07-2019, 09:30 AM
If the Virginia Slims are as scared of Kiffin as some of our posters then Joe is gone if he loses the bowl game. That emotion of a one point win against Matt Luke will be gone replaced with the fear that Kiffin will wax our asses next year. And I'm just not sold on Kiffin. But if it forces cold feet boosters to act on Joe then that's a plus.

confucius say
12-07-2019, 09:30 AM
I think the auburn win is deserved. Nah on aTm... we were the favorite with reason.

ETA... tenn and Kentucky weren't counted against him either. Both should've been marks against

Why? Ten is way higher recruiter at home.

Ky last year? They were 10-3 and a comparable recruiter and at home. Now 28-7 was extreme, but the loss itself is not a minus.

timotheus
12-07-2019, 09:32 AM
Contact was made in the early morning just after the egg bowl.

Spiderman
12-07-2019, 09:35 AM
Me too. I don?t want them getting a coach like Napier. Kiffin doesn?t scare me.

He should. Seems to have grown up. He can coach, and has NO problems cutting corners in recruiting. OM has a lot better coach than we do now. And can actually live up to the offensive guru title

Indndawg
12-07-2019, 09:39 AM
Have OM back at Freeze levels and Freeze-level networking or

Keep OM at dumpster fire levels

which means

They'll be 6-6 for the next 3 years

Coursesuper
12-07-2019, 09:40 AM
Why? Ten is way higher recruiter at home.

Ky last year? They were 10-3 and a comparable recruiter and at home. Now 28-7 was extreme, but the loss itself is not a minus.

Defensively they were doing things that any competent high school coach would have made adjustments for. We made exactly zero adjustments offensively and wore an ass whipping for it.

ShotgunDawg
12-07-2019, 09:43 AM
Kiffin isn't anywhere close to the level of coach Freeze is though.

I don't think he's capable of getting it to Freeze levels and I don't think OM will ever be able to recruit like that again until they build some credibility with a bowl streak or numerous winning seasons in a row.

If they jump from 4 wins to a top 15 recruiting class, the may as well just go tell the NCAA what their doing.

HailStateSZN19
12-07-2019, 09:45 AM
I’m not too worried about Kiffin as a coach. I am a little worried about Kiffin the recruiter though. The Network and him combined will be hell on wheels recruiting wise. I’m most worried about the staff he will assemble to take with him. I’ve seen OM media and non-OM media talking about names they’ve heard for the staff and have said it turns this hire into a “grand slam” hire. They sure are talking like he’s got some legit names lined up to fill out his staff. Hopefully, he doesn’t retain Peeler for some reason & we can snatch him up though. But that’s a pipe dream most likely.

timotheus
12-07-2019, 09:47 AM
this

Ari Gold
12-07-2019, 09:48 AM

Look at the defense
Who?s to say JRP is even the QB
And that schedule is brutal
6-6 would be a really good job..

Is Kif an upgrade over ML absolutely... is it possible he is there only 2 years absolutely...

OM is getting exactly what they crave... More eyes from college football on them. No matter if the outcome means they win more football games or the program derails and is another total disaster...

I will give them this ... They are and go ALL IN and do whatever they have to do to try and win at football. The other school in the state on the other hand not so much... yet we still find ways to win more than we lose.. just think if we gave the football program more tools, more help in certain areas behind the scene , resources , ect......

Spiderman
12-07-2019, 09:50 AM

Correct. They HAD to have a "press conference" hire. Now, I think Kiffin will do well there, and if you look back since Luke was fired, I have said Kiffin was their guy.

Once Norvell was not gonna take it, they had to make a BIG splash. Doesn't matter if there are more solid coaches to hire. Kiffin guarantees national headlines and ticket sells.

timotheus
12-07-2019, 09:56 AM
preach it Ari

gravedigger
12-07-2019, 09:57 AM
It?s the end of the 17ing world for a few of you guys. And with Keenum killing beer sales, you won?t even be able to drink.

You have suddenly become quite the pragmatist. I am not complaining either. Keep up the good work. Enjoying the hell out of your posts.

Keenum will eventually give in. But like the buck that lets the doe's cross the clearning first, Keenum will see what the pitfalls are before jumping in for us.

With alcohol sales in the stadium, there will need to be a step up in security as well as people who check legal age to purchase and monitor that. We already have a problem getting gate workers and parking lot workers to show up. I'm thinking from a logistics standpoint, there is quite a bit of work to do before selling the first drop.

confucius say
12-07-2019, 10:01 AM
Maybe. But he is a born again Christian now so maybe not.

https://www.athletesforgod.com/lane-kiffin/page-4

msbulldog
12-07-2019, 10:04 AM

Look at their first 5 games next season.

CovertDawg
12-07-2019, 10:07 AM
Will be interesting to see how this plays out. Not sure even most high school kids know who he is these days.... so like anyone else, it will come down to how well he can coach.

BeardoMSU
12-07-2019, 10:07 AM
preach it Ari

Seconded.

LC Dawg
12-07-2019, 10:22 AM
If Kiffin can win at Ole Miss, which I'm skeptical of, I think he would be a lot like Mullen at State. A couple of nice seasons is not going to get any blue bloods excited to hire him because he does have red flags. He will definitely be shopping himself at the end of each season which should be good for us in the Egg Bowls if Moorhead improves or we hire a better coach. I can see him staying at Ole Miss for more than a few seasons before something big opens up. He is going to be a god in Oxford. Guys are going to be lining their wives up to **** him so they can say they're part of the program.

timotheus
12-07-2019, 10:26 AM
whatever makes em feel special.

TrapGame
12-07-2019, 10:27 AM
If Kiffin can win at Ole Miss, which I'm skeptical of, I think he would be a lot like Mullen at State. A couple of nice seasons is not going to get any blue bloods excited to hire him because he does have red flags. He will definitely be shopping himself at the end of each season which should be good for us in the Egg Bowls if Moorhead improves or we hire a better coach. I can see him staying at Ole Miss for more than a few seasons before something big opens up. He is going to be a god in Oxford. Guys are going to be lining their wives up to **** him so they can say they're part of the program.

Exactly. Joey Freshwater is there two seasons tops and he's off to another program with bluer blood.

TUSK
12-07-2019, 10:28 AM
They have a path to 6: se Missouri, vandy, UConn, ark, ga southern, us

Yeah, they'll come closer to 5-6 wins than 2... Just guessin', I think the egg bowl will be for a 6th win and bowl eligibility...

Baylor - L
SE Mizzou - W
AU, @LSU, Bammer - 3XL
@ Vandy - W
Florida - L
UCONN - W
@ A&M - L
@Arkie - W
GA So - W

Jack Lambert
12-07-2019, 10:29 AM
I doubt it. He might do it to Saban. The reason I doubt it is because he didn't like it in Knoxville and will not like living in Miss plus he has no connection to the State and the rivalry. He is not a small town guy and never will be. I suspect he will find his next wife while in Oxford but he is using Ole Miss to get to another big time program in a area he likes. The rivalry will means nothing to him but his hate for Saban will be strong. Now what I said is he has had some serious character flaws, he will have to keep his dick in his pants to move on. These character flaws is why he has not gotten another p 5 job. This will be his chance to prove he is not the same person.

Turfdawg67
12-07-2019, 10:34 AM
Oh good, another thread

I know... geez, the little brother syndrome runs deep with a lot of these guys. Hell, quite a few a sweet spot for OM.

Cooterpoot
12-07-2019, 10:50 AM
You have suddenly become quite the pragmatist. I am not complaining either. Keep up the good work. Enjoying the hell out of your posts.

Keenum will eventually give in. But like the buck that lets the doe's cross the clearning first, Keenum will see what the pitfalls are before jumping in for us.

With alcohol sales in the stadium, there will need to be a step up in security as well as people who check legal age to purchase and monitor that. We already have a problem getting gate workers and parking lot workers to show up. I'm thinking from a logistics standpoint, there is quite a bit of work to do before selling the first drop.

There just so much blind negativity I can handle. Yes, we should?ve made a change. But what OM does hiring Kiffin has no bearing on anything really. And I can?t see big names lining up to coach in his staff either (we shall see) unless they?re looking to undermine him for that job. People need to stop complaining just to hear themselves. I may go negative after the bowl etc. but I?m waiting since we?re stuck with the people we?ve got.

DogsofAnarchy
12-07-2019, 10:59 AM
Kiffin isn't anywhere close to the level of coach Freeze is though.

I don't think he's capable of getting it to Freeze levels and I don't think OM will ever be able to recruit like that again until they build some credibility with a bowl streak or numerous winning seasons in a row.

If they jump from 4 wins to a top 15 recruiting class, the may as well just go tell the NCAA what their doing.

Their class will be ranked higher than ours this year. When all is said and done.

Doggie_Style
12-07-2019, 11:06 AM
Their class will be ranked higher than ours this year. When all is said and done.

Yep....I think an immediate flip of Forbes will be the first shot across the bow

Captain Falcon
12-07-2019, 11:10 AM

It was ranked higher than ours last year, and is probably 60-70% of the time. What good has it done them? Our program has been far more consistent the last decade.

Bothrops
12-07-2019, 11:17 AM
I predict they will bring in at least two top 15 classes. I'm not worried about them on the field as much as us losing out on chances to get some much needed skill players in our area. Guys that we would normally have a very good chance of signing, buying into the cotton candy culture that is Ole Miss/Freshwater.

basedog
12-07-2019, 11:19 AM

Not so fast my friend**

U are a 5 star negative ED poster. U help eat our own, but to each there own. Hope u pull for Msu in our bowl game.

Again I was hoping for a change but I'm for winning and Msu, never would I pull against any of our sports teams.

Ring Responsibly! LOL. Good luck Anarchy, things will get better.

basedog
12-07-2019, 11:21 AM
It was ranked higher than ours last year, and is probably 60-70% of the time. What good has it done them? Our program has been far more consistent the last decade.

+1

basedog
12-07-2019, 11:22 AM
I predict they will bring in at least two top 15 classes. I'm not worried about them on the field as much as us losing out on chances to get some much needed skill players in our area. Guys that we would normally have a very good chance of signing, buying into the cotton candy culture that is Ole Miss/Freshwater.

This could happen. Yes to "cotton candy culture".

Rex54
12-07-2019, 11:22 AM

We had the good Yankee then, not the bad Yankee.