PDA

View Full Version : Dantzler Declares For Draft

confucius say
12-06-2019, 02:54 PM
Good for him.

Bdawg
12-06-2019, 02:58 PM
Yeah. Hope he goes high and shows out at combine. Hope he's the last one though.

ShotgunDawg
12-06-2019, 03:18 PM
I wonder if he'll play in the bowl game?

ZedFedder
12-06-2019, 03:20 PM
Hadad just tweeted that he will not play in the bowl game. Erroll Thompson tweeted what seemed to be a jab at Cam.

ShotgunDawg
12-06-2019, 03:23 PM
Hadad just tweeted that he will not play in the bowl game. Erroll Thompson tweeted what seemed to be a jab at Cam.

Yeah, I think we're starting to see some of our culture problems surface.

I think he's making correct decision to turn pro, but he sat out some games this Fall that I believe he COULD'VE/SHOULD'VE played in.

I said the same at the time and will say the same now.

I realize I'll get attacked for that opinion, but that's fine. I think I'm right.

Irondawg
12-06-2019, 03:27 PM
He's going to be an interesting NFL case. He's good, but I'm not sure how good so really curious about his combine and where some of the draft experts will slot him.

The allure of the NFL does weird things to some players in their junior seasons. Some guys play with their hair on fire to try and elevate themselves. Others tend to baby themselves to try and be as healthy as possible for the combine and pro day events. It's a fine line sometimes for those guys since a major injury can mean millions in lost salary

ETA - but I think Thompson didn't care for it one bit. That seems clear.

Bass Chaser
12-06-2019, 03:31 PM
Anyone know his 40 time?

ShotgunDawg
12-06-2019, 03:34 PM
He's going to be an interesting NFL case. He's good, but I'm not sure how good so really curious about his combine and where some of the draft experts will slot him.

The allure of the NFL does weird things to some players in their junior seasons. Some guys play with their hair on fire to try and elevate themselves. Others tend to baby themselves to try and be as healthy as possible for the combine and pro day events. It's a fine line sometimes for those guys since a major injury can mean millions in lost salary

ETA - but I think Thompson didn't care for it one bit. That seems clear.

Dantzler most certainly babied himself this year.

Big part of our issues this year.

confucius say
12-06-2019, 03:52 PM
Yeah, I think we're starting to see some of our culture problems surface.

I think he's making correct decision to turn pro, but he sat out some games this Fall that I believe he COULD'VE/SHOULD'VE played in.

I said the same at the time and will say the same now.

I realize I'll get attacked for that opinion, but that's fine. I think I'm right.

1. You think sitting out the bowl game is indicative of a culture problem? Or errols comment is?

2. On what are you basing your belief that cam chose to sit out games that he should have/could have played in?

defiantdog
12-06-2019, 04:19 PM
Cam made a business decision to make sure he's healthy for the combine.

Homedawg
12-06-2019, 04:20 PM
He wasn't even hurt a couple of games he sat out. So this isn't a shock. Let me change that to, he easily could have played.

RezDog7
12-06-2019, 04:38 PM
I'll chime in. MSU (or any school) afforded you the opportunity to continue and develop as a football player...for free. Sitting out games/bowls is selfish. If you want to turn pro after your junior year, so be it. But sitting out to keep from getting injured is turning your back on the program that helped you get there. Just my two cents.

bulldawg28
12-06-2019, 04:45 PM
Dantzler most certainly babied himself this year.

Big part of our issues this year.

Wrong. Cam was probably the only consistent bright spot on the defense this year.

bulldawg28
12-06-2019, 04:46 PM

Agreed. This tells me how he felt about this coaching staff and the current culture.

confucius say
12-06-2019, 04:46 PM
He wasn't even hurt a couple of games he sat out. So this isn't a shock. Let me change that to, he easily could have played.

According to whom? Trainers, doctors, himself? Or just rumor? Im not disagreeing, just wondering where people are getting this from because that is quite the accusation to be making against one of our own players.

ZedFedder
12-06-2019, 04:49 PM
In fairness, there have been a ton of guys who have sat out. Fournette, McCaffery, etc.

confucius say
12-06-2019, 04:50 PM
Agreed. This tells me how he felt about this coaching staff and the current culture.

Just bc of sitting out the bowl game? Does Florida have a culture problem too? Bc they have guys doing it and they are in a NY6 bowl. LSU did too last year in a NY6 game. Was their culture bad? This happens all over the country.

Now if he was sitting out regular season games when he was healthy to play like homedawg says he did, then yea that is an issue.

BogeyGolfer
12-06-2019, 05:08 PM
Good for him.

I don't blame him for declaring and sitting out the bowl game...Why play in a meaningless bowl game when you may risk your future and money? I would tell me kid to do the same thing.

bulldawg28
12-06-2019, 05:10 PM
Just bc of sitting out the bowl game? Does Florida have a culture problem too? Bc they have guys doing it and they are in a NY6 bowl. LSU did too last year in a NY6 game. Was their culture bad? This happens all over the country.

Now if he was sitting out regular season games when he was healthy to play like homedawg says he did, then yea that is an issue.

I'm referring to if he wasn't 100% healthy but could have played. I do not blame him. If true It's the same situation with Tua in reverse.

LC Dawg
12-06-2019, 05:27 PM
Culture problem? Hell, Bama may just be able to play freshmen and sophomores in the Gator Bowl when all their draft prospects decide to sit out.

ShotgunDawg
12-06-2019, 05:30 PM
Wrong. Cam was probably the only consistent bright spot on the defense this year.

Well... he certainly wasn't consistent because he didn't consistently play.

He seemed always find a way to sit out vs good passing teams when the tutor gate guys didn't play.

Tough Dawg
12-06-2019, 05:35 PM
I’d sit out the bowl game as well if it was the best thing for my future. This is his opportunity to cash in on his stock. No reason to put that in jeopardy. Not a big deal since it’s not a meaningful bowl game.

msbulldog
12-06-2019, 05:39 PM
Easy remedy, if he sat out and only played when it suited him, just bench him for the rest of the season. That will give the pros plenty of opportunity to see him and might make him think twice about it.

RougeDawg
12-06-2019, 05:41 PM
I see no problem with him sitting out the bowl game. The entire offense sat out over half of the season.

bulldawg28
12-06-2019, 05:50 PM
I see no problem with him sitting out the bowl game. The entire offense sat out over half of the season.

Lol

ShotgunDawg
12-06-2019, 05:55 PM
It's not the bowl game that leads me to my opinion. It's that in combination with sitting out a few games this year that appeared questionable.

MSU needs DAWGS to win. We simply have to have a different level of toughness and sacrifice than some other schools.

Todd4State
12-06-2019, 06:32 PM

He made a couple of business decisions this year.

Todd4State
12-06-2019, 06:33 PM
It's not the bowl game that leads me to my opinion. It's that in combination with sitting out a few games this year that appeared questionable.

MSU needs DAWGS to win. We simply have to have a different level of toughness and sacrifice than some other schools.

I agree with you.

NeuteredDawg
12-06-2019, 07:46 PM
Overhyped and very soft corner.

Political Hack
12-06-2019, 07:49 PM
He did the right thing. He's doing the right thing. Smart play.

Cowbell
12-06-2019, 08:45 PM
Would be a good chance for him to help his draft stock I would think. Not like he’s a top 10 prospect.

Lord McBuckethead
12-06-2019, 11:23 PM
I'll chime in. MSU (or any school) afforded you the opportunity to continue and develop as a football player...for free. Sitting out games/bowls is selfish. If you want to turn pro after your junior year, so be it. But sitting out to keep from getting injured is turning your back on the program that helped you get there. Just my two cents.

If I had a million dollar opportunity, I would love my teammates, but I would have to protect my lively hood instead of playing in an exhibition game. Note that he did put it on the line during the egg bowl.

Anyone that wants to sit out the bowl game that is entering the draft with a solid shot, go ahead man. It allows the younger guys to get even more snaps.

bulldawg28
12-07-2019, 01:11 AM
Well... he certainly wasn't consistent because he didn't consistently play.

He seemed always find a way to sit out vs good passing teams when the tutor gate guys didn't play.

So How many games did he miss being he consistently missed and avoided passing offenses according to you?

Liverpooldawg
12-07-2019, 01:17 AM
If I was a NFL GM a guy that would abandon his teammates and not play in every game he could, would make me look a bit harder at him before I would draft him. I'm not saying I wouldn't draft him, but if he was relatively even on my board with a guy that didn't do what he is doing, that decision would be easy.

dantheman4248
12-07-2019, 01:22 AM
If I was a NFL GM a guy that would abandon his teammates and not play in every game he could, would make me look a bit harder at him before I would draft him. I'm not saying I wouldn't draft him, but if he was relatively even on my board with a guy that didn't do what he is doing, that decision would be easy.

And there's a reason your aren't an NFL GM. Jalen Ramsey did the same thing this year and he found a new team rather easily. Probably going to get a great contract too. When you're talented you can get away with more. Dantzler will be a 1st round pick. Your boy really squandered 4 first round picks on defense with his high IQ offense. Amazing.

Liverpooldawg
12-07-2019, 01:27 AM
And there's a reason your aren't an NFL GM. Jalen Ramsey did the same thing this year and he found a new team rather easily. Probably going to get a great contract too. When you're talented you can get away with more. Dantzler will be a 1st round pick. Your boy really squandered 4 first round picks on defense with his high IQ offense. Amazing.

Lol, y'all still can't seem understand I haven't defended Joe at all. It's one of the more amusing things about all of this to me. I've got a pretty good read on a LOT of posters here over that. You are definitely one of them.

I admire loyalty. I'm not surprised you don't. You are wrong about there being a reason I'm not a NFL GM though. There are MANY reasons!

bulldawg28
12-07-2019, 05:02 AM

Joey Bosa did it last year and it worked out well for him. Tua should have done it and he'd be a guaranteed multi millionaire. Playing is for the fans. Looking out for one's self is God given human nature.

Rex54
12-07-2019, 06:41 AM
Sitting out games/bowls is selfish.

Unless the bowl game is in the CFP I got no issue with it.

WeWonItAll(Most)
12-07-2019, 08:44 AM
1. You think sitting out the bowl game is indicative of a culture problem? Or errols comment is?

2. On what are you basing your belief that cam chose to sit out games that he should have/could have played in?

No, his belief that Cam chose to sit out games is evidence for his belief that there is a culture problem.

WinningIsRelentless
12-07-2019, 09:33 AM
Some of y?all need to take the maroon colored glasses off.

Dawgology
12-07-2019, 05:06 PM
Smart. Get out while the ?gettin?s good?. Next season will be a train wreck.

MetEdDawg
12-07-2019, 06:02 PM
How does any of this show we have a culture problem?

Tells me we have a few players that might have been issues on this team. Errol is a leader on defense. And he called out his own teammate for bailing on his team for the bowl game. Said if your heart was really in it for your team you would play.

Maybe, just maybe, Cam is a problem. Guys on your team questioning your heart? That doesn't sound like a culture problem. Sounds like there may be a few Me problems on the team.

Both those guys were here under Mullen. Both under Moorhead. One calling out the other for not being invested in the team. Sounds like our leadership is calling out selfish guys. I like what Errol did.

bulldawg28
12-07-2019, 06:09 PM

Tells me we have a few players that might have been issues on this team. Errol is a leader on defense. And he called out his own teammate for bailing on his team for the bowl game. Said if your heart was really in it for your team you would play.

Maybe, just maybe, Cam is a problem. Guys on your team questioning your heart? That doesn't sound like a culture problem. Sounds like there may be a few Me problems on the team.

Both those guys were here under Mullen. Both under Moorhead. One calling out the other for not being invested in the team. Sounds like our leadership is calling out selfish guys. I like what Errol did.

Cam isn't a problem. He's the highest rated defensive player on the team outside of Willie. The defense has no leader imo. They definitely didn't step up and make a difference outside of when Willie was on the field. Errol has played terrible this year he can't afford to call anyone out.

MetEdDawg
12-07-2019, 06:23 PM
Cam isn't a problem. He's the highest rated defensive player on the team outside of Willie. The defense has no leader imo. They definitely didn't step up and make a difference outside of when Willie was on the field. Errol has played terrible this year he can't afford to call anyone out.

See you value the wrong things. Being the best player doesn't mean you are a leader. And having a bad year doesn't mean you are any less of a leader. Willie Gay is the best player on defense. Did he exhibit the qualities of a leader this year by cheating and getting suspended? No.

As a matter of fact, nothing you mentioned has anything to do with leadership. Being amazing doesn't make you a leader and having a bad year doesn't mean you aren't a leader.

If someone the team voted as a leader says something like this, I'm gonna listen to it.

Liverpooldawg
12-07-2019, 06:34 PM

You have absolutely no concept of what leadership is. Wow.

bulldawg28
12-07-2019, 06:59 PM
You have absolutely no concept of what leadership is. Wow.

I played at state and there is no way Erroll with his play would be called a leader. Our team would have called him out for not performing.

Jack Lambert
12-07-2019, 07:01 PM

How many games did he missed this season?

bulldawg28
12-07-2019, 07:03 PM
See you value the wrong things. Being the best player doesn't mean you are a leader. And having a bad year doesn't mean you are any less of a leader. Willie Gay is the best player on defense. Did he exhibit the qualities of a leader this year by cheating and getting suspended? No.

As a matter of fact, nothing you mentioned has anything to do with leadership. Being amazing doesn't make you a leader and having a bad year doesn't mean you aren't a leader.

If someone the team voted as a leader says something like this, I'm gonna listen to it.

Football leadership is not the Corporate America Webster's definition. In football it's action and performance. Rule #1 in football if you're not producing keep your mouth shut. No one is listening to you.

Coach34
12-07-2019, 07:06 PM
I played at state and there is no way Erroll with his play would be called a leader. Our team would have called him out for not performing.

I know right? It's always amazed me how easy it is to tell the guys who played posting vs your regular everyday fan.

If they were my kids:

Dantzler has been gone after this season since the end of last season
I'd tell Hill to go- stop getting beat up without pay. Your stock wont improve coming back and you only risk injury
I'd tell Gay to return- you have a chance to solidify a top 3 round pick by returning. Possibly top 2.
I'd tell Thompson to return because college memories are going to be the best you ever have for the rest of your life. The NFL will be a constant struggle and make sure you have your degree.

Coach34
12-07-2019, 07:09 PM

There is not a guy on defense that doesn't listen to Willie Gay. He is without a doubt The Guy.

90% of these kids come to State to use us as a way to get to the NFL. They aren't worried about the little stuff- they worry about performing and getting pub

dawgday166
12-07-2019, 07:13 PM
There is not a guy on defense that doesn't listen to Willie Gay. He is without a doubt The Guy.

90% of these kids come to State to use us as a way to get to the NFL. They aren't worried about the little stuff- they worry about performing and getting pub

Anyone that has a clue about playing on a team can tell when Willie is out there, he runs the show and they listen. It's obvious Errol plays better too.

I think he's a 1st rounder if he comes back. Not sure Hill will stick long in pros myself. We'll see. He did get a little better at end of this year.

bulldawg28
12-07-2019, 07:14 PM
I know right? It's always amazed me how easy it is to tell the guys who played posting vs your regular everyday fan.

If they were my kids:

Dantzler has been gone after this season since the end of last season
I'd tell Hill to go- stop getting beat up without pay. Your stock wont improve coming back and you only risk injury
I'd tell Gay to return- you have a chance to solidify a top 3 round pick by returning. Possibly top 2.
I'd tell Thompson to return because college memories are going to be the best you ever have for the rest of your life. The NFL will be a constant struggle and make sure you have your degree.

Agreed.

MetEdDawg
12-07-2019, 07:33 PM

He may have had a down year but he led the team in tackles and QB hurries. So down year yes. And yes you could tell Willie made an impact. But he wasn't there except for 33% of the year. So maybe, just maybe, Errol was asked to do something he wasn't prepared to do?

I would be stunned if that defense didn't look up to Errol in some capacity. And with Cam having a down year and being out so much he may have had issues rallying the troops.

bulldawg28
12-07-2019, 08:07 PM
He may have had a down year but he led the team in tackles and QB hurries. So down year yes. And yes you could tell Willie made an impact. But he wasn't there except for 33% of the year. So maybe, just maybe, Errol was asked to do something he wasn't prepared to do?

I would be stunned if that defense didn't look up to Errol in some capacity. And with Cam having a down year and being out so much he may have had issues rallying the troops.

Erroll only led in stats because Willie didn't play, period. You watched the games right? When Willie didn't play did you see the defense rallying around Erroll? Absolutely not. If Erroll was the leader he wouldn't have to be asked. His example and teammates gravitating to him would be clear. I'll take it a step further for you. If Erroll were the leader you think he is Cam would actually listen to him and play in the game.

Leaders also don't call teammates out on social media. Everything is kept in- house.

Homedawg
12-07-2019, 10:54 PM
According to whom? Trainers, doctors, himself? Or just rumor? Im not disagreeing, just wondering where people are getting this from because that is quite the accusation to be making against one of our own players.

Multiple people close to the situation. That good enough?

confucius say
12-07-2019, 11:04 PM
Multiple people close to the situation. That good enough?

Not really. Pretty vague actually

confucius say
12-07-2019, 11:08 PM

So did I and our leaders were not our best players.

Also, Errol had more tackles this year than last year and more solo tackles and more forced fumbles. last year garnered him preseason all sec honors for this year, and this year was better statistically, so....

Homedawg
12-07-2019, 11:12 PM
Not really. Pretty vague actually

Do you really expect me to say who told me?? My info has always been solid. If you don't like it, don't read it or believe it whatever. Don't care. But what will never happen is me say who said it. Why? Bc if I do I'll never here shit again. So how's that??

confucius say
12-07-2019, 11:23 PM
Do you really expect me to say who told me?? My info has always been solid. If you don't like it, don't read it or believe it whatever. Don't care. But what will never happen is me say who said it. Why? Bc if I do I'll never here shit again. So how's that??

Still pretty vague for accusing a player of sitting out games while healthy.

It is one thing to say that is the rumor. But to outright claim he sat out games in which he could have played, that is strong, considering that is about the worst thing a player can do in football.

Homedawg
12-08-2019, 12:09 AM
Still pretty vague for accusing a player of sitting out games while healthy.

It is one thing to say that is the rumor. But to outright claim he sat out games in which he could have played, that is strong, considering that is about the worst thing a player can do in football.

Didn't say it was a rumor. I said he could have played. Meaning our dr's didn't hold him out....Again, you don't have to like it agree with it, whatever.
And you can all it vague I don't care. And honestly don't give a crap. But if I did tell you who said it, you'd say, there's no way so and so told you that. So vague or not. He was cleared to play.

confucius say
12-08-2019, 09:10 AM
Didn't say it was a rumor. I said he could have played. Meaning our dr's didn't hold him out....Again, you don't have to like it agree with it, whatever.
And you can all it vague I don't care. And honestly don't give a crap. But if I did tell you who said it, you'd say, there's no way so and so told you that. So vague or not. He was cleared to play.

I know you didnt say it was a rumor. You stated it as if it were fact. Which is why I was taken aback a little.

I have no idea if what you are saying is true, but I do know you are sourced. shame on cam if true.

MetEdDawg
12-08-2019, 09:33 AM
I know you didnt say it was a rumor. You stated it as if it were fact. Which is why I was taken aback a little.

I have no idea if what you are saying is true, but I do know you are sourced. shame on cam if true.

Which is why the notion of Cam being a leader because he's talented is absurd to me. If he was a healthy scratch AND he's not playing in the bowl game, does that not speak to him more than Errol calling him out?

confucius say
12-08-2019, 09:47 AM
Which is why the notion of Cam being a leader because he's talented is absurd to me. If he was a healthy scratch AND he's not playing in the bowl game, does that not speak to him more than Errol calling him out?

Agree. It does.

bulldawg28
12-08-2019, 01:10 PM
So did I and our leaders were not our best players.

Also, Errol had more tackles this year than last year and more solo tackles and more forced fumbles. last year garnered him preseason all sec honors for this year, and this year was better statistically, so....

Obviously you're not including missed tackles and teams running the ball down our throats. Our LB's should have been a strength instead it became a liability.

SheltonChoked
12-09-2019, 12:03 PM
Good for him.

Agreed. He has a top 3 round grade and saw firsthand what playing in a meaningless game can do to your draft stock (Tua).

Let the young Dawgs get the practice and PT, and he can work on his Combine drills.

You guys seem to not know that having a 3 * players develop into a Top 3 round picks in 3 years is a good thing for MSU....