PDA

View Full Version : Who gets Kiffin??

TNDawg35
12-05-2019, 04:07 PM
So where does Kiffin go, PissU or HawgU?? Kiffin canceled his coaches show that he attends on Thursday nights, so he is going somewhere...

Mobile Bay
12-05-2019, 04:19 PM
Kiffin to Ole Piss. I am hearing it is a done deal.

Liverpooldawg
12-05-2019, 04:22 PM
Kiffin to Ole Piss. I am hearing it is a done deal.

I'm hearing it could be Ole Miss. I have no idea how good my info is though.

bobcat91
12-05-2019, 04:23 PM
Arkansas says he is their new coach. We will see

msstate7
12-05-2019, 04:24 PM
Put yourself in his shoes (set aside OM hate), who would you choose? I think OM. Better surrounding talent, and a group of boosters that have proven they'll help

TNDawg35
12-05-2019, 04:27 PM
Just for the record, I’m not scared of Kiffin at PissU at all... I think that is a great hire for us...

WinningIsRelentless
12-05-2019, 04:28 PM
Put yourself in his shoes (set aside OM hate), who would you choose? I think OM. Better surrounding talent, and a group of boosters that have proven they'll help

Walmart Tyson Foods and Jerry Jones > Mississippi

ShotgunDawg
12-05-2019, 04:29 PM

Also more NCAA scrutiny

Let's all be honest. He fits at OM. We've known this for years.

That being said, he's not as good of a coach as Freeze & he won't be allowed to cheat like Freeze. The NCAA will have a close eye on this one.

ShotgunDawg
12-05-2019, 04:30 PM

OM will pay what Ark will pay. Tyson Foods & Jerry Jones won't have anything to do with it.

Kiffin isn't worth over paying for. Personally, I've never seen anything from him that made me thing he's a good coach.

What have you guys seen that insinuates he can win in the SEC?

msstate7
12-05-2019, 04:37 PM
OM will pay what Ark will pay. Tyson Foods & Jerry Jones won't have anything to do with it.

Kiffin isn't worth over paying for. Personally, I've never seen anything from him that made me thing he's a good coach.

what have you seen in Moorhead that he can win in the sec? Lane isn't worse than joe... now they may be even

ShotgunDawg
12-05-2019, 04:40 PM
what have you seen in Moorhead that he can win in the sec? Lane isn't worse than joe... now they may be even

I agree. I don't think Moorhead is worth a shit either.

Just saying that Lane ain't going to take Ole Miss to the promise land or likely anywhere near it.

Joe ain't taking us there either.

I wasn't comparing Joe to Lane at all. Just saying that Lane doesn't worry me unless he's allowed to blatantly cheat, which I'm sure he'll try

BeardoMSU
12-05-2019, 04:44 PM
Kiffin to OM?

I am Jack's complete lack of worry.*

msstate7
12-05-2019, 04:44 PM
I agree. I don't think Moorhead is worth a shit either.

Just saying that Lane ain't going to take Ole Miss to the promise land or likely anywhere near it.

Joe ain't taking us there either.

I wasn't comparing Joe to Lane at all. Just saying that Lane doesn't worry me unless he's allowed to blatantly cheat, which I'm sure he'll try

Gotcha.

msstate7
12-05-2019, 04:46 PM
Kiffin to OM could get our rivalry on tosh.0 and kiffin trolling joe would be fun. We gonna have to find ways to be entertained during football season rather than actual game play

Bothrops
12-05-2019, 04:52 PM
Kiffin to Ole Miss and Kiffin to Arkansas...heard it's a done deal.

lefty96
Kiffin to OM could get our rivalry on tosh.0 and kiffin trolling joe would be fun. We gonna have to find ways to be entertained during football season rather than actual game play

What he said.

ShotgunDawg
Hopefully Napier gets bypassed in this round of coaching hires so we have 1 more year to monitor him.

I want to see what he does with a meh OL.

I bet Napier replaces Norvell at Memphis.

timotheus
12-05-2019, 05:16 PM
Kiffins is the new shark coach

deadheaddawg
12-05-2019, 05:20 PM
My ancestors names are on Confederate tombstones. I got inside info with the rebs.

It's kiffin to ole miss

Mobile Bay
12-05-2019, 05:21 PM
Kiffin to Ole Miss and Kiffin to Arkansas...heard it's a done deal.

Chris Kiffin's show cause just expired. So you might not be wrong.

ShotgunDawg
12-05-2019, 05:29 PM
Chris Kiffin's show cause just expired. So you might not be wrong.

You can bet the NCAA will have a close eye

chef dixon
12-05-2019, 05:30 PM
Hopefully Napier gets bypassed in this round of coaching hires so we have 1 more year to monitor him.

Move does not make sense for Napier

timotheus
12-05-2019, 05:32 PM
need a passing O in the conference with memphis. not a fit for napier

HailStateSZN19
12-05-2019, 05:36 PM
need a passing O in the conference with memphis. not a fit for napier

Wouldn't it be something for Freeze to take over Memphis.... I could see Napier/Kiffin being a "place holder" for them if Rev. Freeze wanted to move on up to Memphis and stay and "rehab" a few more years there then make a glorious return to Oxford.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-05-2019, 05:46 PM
So where does Kiffin go, PissU or HawgU?? Kiffin canceled his coaches show that he attends on Thursday nights, so he is going somewhere...

There was also a "lost feed" when radio guy just asked him on a radio show if he was going to be the coach at FAU next season. A 20 second awkward pause and then commercial break.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-05-2019, 05:47 PM

ULL to Memphis....nah

timotheus
12-05-2019, 05:51 PM
There was also a "lost feed" when radio guy just asked him on a radio show if he was going to be the coach at FAU next season. A 20 second awkward pause and then commercial break.

That put him in a bad spot. Ole miss AD had just left and flown back to Oxford

ShotgunDawg
12-05-2019, 05:54 PM
ULL to Memphis....nah

Memphis is clearly a much better job & launching point

The ACC is well above the Sunbelt

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-05-2019, 05:56 PM
Memphis is clearly a much better job & launching point

The ACC is well above the Sunbelt

You do know Memphis is in the AAC right?

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-05-2019, 05:59 PM
I am dumbfounded on why Ole Miss would want Kiffin so bad? Doesn't that program need discipline and stability in a bad way? And their answer is Lane f***** Kiffin??!! Oh my...They really are delusional top to bottom.

timotheus
12-05-2019, 06:03 PM
they only want the splash and the hooplah and he will fit right in

ShotgunDawg
12-05-2019, 06:07 PM
You do know Memphis is in the AAC right?

Sorry meant AAC. Not ACC

The AAC is clearly at a different level than all other non power 5s

ShotgunDawg
12-05-2019, 06:08 PM
I am dumbfounded on why Ole Miss would want Kiffin so bad? Doesn't that program need discipline and stability in a bad way? And their answer is Lane f***** Kiffin??!! Oh my...They really are delusional top to bottom.

They want the splash, excitement, & recruiting potential

bulldawg28
12-05-2019, 06:14 PM

Ole miss easily. Arkansas is a 2-3 year rebuild before they're competitive consistently.

bulldawg28
12-05-2019, 06:18 PM
You can bet the NCAA will have a close eye

Ole miss learns how to cover their tracks in cheating.

RocketDawg
12-05-2019, 06:31 PM

Well, at least he didn't blantantly lie like some others; Saban and Tubberville come to mind.

msbulldog
12-05-2019, 06:53 PM

Reynolds Aluminum

msbulldog
12-05-2019, 07:15 PM

You're wrong Gun, Jerry Jones, the Walton's, the Tyson's and the Reynolds's (Reynold's wrap) are footing the bill at UA.

deadheaddawg
12-05-2019, 08:24 PM
I am afraid kiffin will recruit well there, which is bad news for us, particularly since that is the one thing moorhead has done well so far.

I really want moorhead to finish this class strong for the next coach.

DogsofAnarchy
12-05-2019, 08:41 PM
Make no bones about it, if OM hires Kiffin it is a good hire. He is a nationally known coach. The players today k ow him well and he will recruit good because their network will see to it. And the NCAA didn’t do anything to them the last time, so don’t rely on that piece of shit organization to make things equal. We better recruit really well right now.

IMAREBL2 AND A DAWG
12-05-2019, 09:29 PM

Interviewed with OM today

HancockCountyDog
12-05-2019, 10:03 PM
Make no bones about it, if OM hires Kiffin it is a good hire. He is a nationally known coach. The players today k ow him well and he will recruit good because their network will see to it. And the NCAA didn?t do anything to them the last time, so don?t rely on that piece of shit organization to make things equal. We better recruit really well right now.

My thoughts exactly.

I would much rather have Kiffin at Fayetville than ole piss.

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
12-05-2019, 10:27 PM
Make no bones about it, if OM hires Kiffin it is a good hire. He is a nationally known coach. The players today k ow him well and he will recruit good because their network will see to it. And the NCAA didn?t do anything to them the last time, so don?t rely on that piece of shit organization to make things equal. We better recruit really well right now.

Anarchy knows what he's talkin bout...

Dawg2003
12-05-2019, 10:29 PM
I really never understood the fascination with Kiffin. He's overrated. What has he ever done?

JNC23
12-05-2019, 11:53 PM

I mean I'll hear you out on OM maybe being a better job than Ark but it ain't cause their booster commitment/situation is better.

Liverpooldawg
12-05-2019, 11:55 PM

I've probably followed Kiffen closer and longer than anyone here except for one guy. I'm a big USC fan. The GOAT BOY was born on third base and somehow manages to make people think he hit a triple over and over again. He ain't never hit even a double anywhere he has ever been, some of them he didn't even get on base. . I don't get it. It is mind blowing there is actually a bidding war over him. This is one the looser wins.

msstate7
12-06-2019, 12:00 AM
I mean I'll hear you out on OM maybe being a better job than Ark but it ain't cause their booster commitment/situation is better.

When is the last time Arkansas got a top 10 class?

timotheus
12-06-2019, 05:56 AM
Morris has recruited Kiffin type players for the offense already. The pressure to win for the swine will be less so I won't be surprised if Lane ends up at Arky.

Quaoarsking
12-06-2019, 08:15 AM
I really never understood the fascination with Kiffin. He's overrated. What has he ever done?

For starters, if Saban hadn't hired him to be OC, we would have been national champions in 2014.

Spiderman
12-06-2019, 08:37 AM
You're wrong Gun, Jerry Jones, the Walton's, the Tyson's and the Reynolds's (Reynold's wrap) are footing the bill at UA.

And the Stephen's and Ford's. Jack Stephens was chairman of Augusta National. Joe Ford is the current vice chair. There is 50 times the big money in Arkansas than there is in Mississippi.

DownwardDawg
12-06-2019, 09:06 AM
For starters, if Saban hadn't hired him to be OC, we would have been national champions in 2014.

Lmao. Kiffin is the only reason Freeze was able to beat Bama twice. I thought it was apparent to everyone. I guess not. They could run it down the bears throat all night both times but Kiffin just had to show everyone how much smarter he was than everyone else. He slung it all over the place allowing freeze a chance. I said it then and I stick by it, it was horrible game plans.

StarkVegasSteve
12-06-2019, 09:19 AM
If Arky wants Kiffin they'll get him if there's mutual interest. Arky has the money to outpay A LOT of people. Now the question is will they? Cause we know OM will overpay for a name.

Dawgfan77
12-06-2019, 09:30 AM
I?m gonna stick to my guns here. All this Kiffin stuff is a smoke screen. They will promote Mac.
When was the last time OM didn?t screw up a hire

HancockCountyDog
12-06-2019, 09:42 AM
I've probably followed Kiffen closer and longer than anyone here except for one guy. I'm a big USC fan. The GOAT BOY was born on third base and somehow manages to make people think he hit a triple over and over again. He ain't never hit even a double anywhere he has ever been, some of them he didn't even get on base. . I don't get it. It is mind blowing there is actually a bidding war over him. This is one the looser wins.

I’m pretty sure turning around FAU is solid work.

He went 8-0 in conference his first year and 7-1 his third year. He has gone 25-13 in 3 years, the prior guy went 9-27 in the previous 3 years.

His overall record would be better, but he has played big time programs for cash to inject money into the program.

If he hasn’t proven much I’m not sure what Napier has done then.

Spiderman
12-06-2019, 10:16 AM

He went 8-0 in conference his first year and 7-1 his third year. He has gone 25-13 in 3 years, the prior guy went 9-27 in the previous 3 years.

His overall record would be better, but he has played big time programs for cash to inject money into the program.

Agree, Kiffin is a good coach and a good recruiter (which is all OM cares about). He should have stayed at Tenn. Immaturity has always been his downfall, but he is older now. Think about it, he is only 44 years old. But he's been coaching as a HC since he was 32. He seems like he should be 50 something, but he is still "young" coaching wise.

Most jobs are about fits, especially with the culture of the school. There is no more "Ole Miss" coach alive than Kiffin.

Reece Dawg
12-06-2019, 11:07 AM

Didn't we lose two other games that year, including to the Landsharts?

WPS
12-06-2019, 11:08 AM
When is the last time Arkansas got a top 10 class?

To be fair Ole Miss wouldn't have a top 10 class either if Freeze wasn't out doing his thing. Freeze very well could have done the same thing at Arkansas instead if he was there and ended up getting fired just the same. Outside of the Freeze years Arkansas and Ole Miss recruit virtually the same.

msstate7
12-06-2019, 12:21 PM
To be fair Ole Miss wouldn't have a top 10 class either if Freeze wasn't out doing his thing. Freeze very well could have done the same thing at Arkansas instead if he was there and ended up getting fired just the same. Outside of the Freeze years Arkansas and Ole Miss recruit virtually the same.

Freeze was just a willing partner with the OM boosters. Freeze wouldn't have raised their recruiting that much by himself, although I do think he's a good recruiter. OM went head-to-head with the biggest of boys and won tunsil, treadwell, lil Kim, and little... freeze had lots of help

Gutter Cobreh
12-06-2019, 12:27 PM

Please leave the Ole Miss sorority girls out of this discussion. We know they can help pull recruits, but also asking them to help solidify their next coach is a bit much don't you think?

Liverpooldawg
12-06-2019, 12:29 PM

Yeah, FAU is such a high pressure job where the competition in the league is so stout it's really impressive.

Liverpooldawg
12-06-2019, 12:30 PM
Please leave the Ole Miss sorority girls out of this discussion. We know they can help pull recruits, but also asking them to help solidify their next coach is a bit much don't you think?

That misspelling wasn't intentional, LOL. I think I'll leave it though.

Liverpooldawg
12-06-2019, 12:31 PM

Ole Miss went all in like they never have before when Freeze was there. Mullen beating them 3 times in a row drove them insane.

Bothrops
12-06-2019, 12:41 PM
Freshy at Ole Miss would make them a top 15 recruiter. Their media people would be sensationalizing the hell out of him, and a lot of the kids would eat up that shit. I'd much rather him go to Arkansas, but just can't see him there.

Quaoarsking
12-06-2019, 12:48 PM
Didn't we lose two other games that year, including to the Landsharts?

Had we beaten Alabama, we win the West and most likely the SEC regardless of what happens in the Egg Bowl. No way to know if we would've won the CFP, but I like our chances.

Assuming 12-1, we would have been the 2 seed most likely and matched up with a very overrated mediocre Florida State team, and then either played Oregon or Ohio State for the title. I think we would've done it. That's why that Alabama game will haunt me until the day I die.

Quaoarsking
12-06-2019, 12:49 PM
Lmao. Kiffin is the only reason Freeze was able to beat Bama twice. I thought it was apparent to everyone. I guess not. They could run it down the bears throat all night both times but Kiffin just had to show everyone how much smarter he was than everyone else. He slung it all over the place allowing freeze a chance. I said it then and I stick by it, it was horrible game plans.

Maybe so, but Kiffin installing a mobile QB offense with Sims is what beat us.

parabrave
12-06-2019, 12:56 PM
Dam Dave Bartoo just slammed Kiffen calling him the next Chad Morris.

bulldawg28
12-06-2019, 01:01 PM
Dam Dave Bartoo just slammed Kiffen calling him the next Chad Morris.

He's crazy