PDA

View Full Version : BC about to offer Moorhead?

MaroonFlounder
12-05-2019, 02:32 PM
Change may be a-comin' after all...

BeardoMSU
12-05-2019, 02:36 PM
http://imgur.com/YfIQRf8.gif

Johnson85
12-05-2019, 02:37 PM
http://imgur.com/YfIQRf8.gif

You must spread some reputation...

jwells
12-05-2019, 02:39 PM
Change may be a-comin' after all...

Source?

Matt3467
12-05-2019, 02:41 PM
All this talk about Moorhead is really frustrating. Every post on this board recently has in some way or another been about him. With the recent ups and downs and all the griping our fan base has done recently it's clear nothing is changing. If something changes then great, but until it actually happens all the smoke and mirrors have done nothing but frustrate me and I would have to assume that it does others as well.

Is there nothing else to talk about on this board right now?

BrunswickDawg
12-05-2019, 02:44 PM
Source?

https://theregulatortoo.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/pot-kettle.jpg

Tbonewannabe
12-05-2019, 02:47 PM
17 him. Let's talk about the great basketball being played, Men and Womens teams.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-05-2019, 02:49 PM
Source?

hahaha^^ Now that is rich coming from you

HailStateSZN19
12-05-2019, 02:53 PM
Source?

Just consider it a "MaroonFlounder exclusive"....sound familiar?*****

dantheman4248
12-05-2019, 02:55 PM
This is beginning to feel like Dan getting his raises and extensions except the message board doesn't want him to stay.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-05-2019, 02:56 PM
Just consider it a "MaroonFlounder exclusive"....sound familiar?*****

At least MaroonFlounder didn't wait until 6 just to tell us that.

BeardoMSU
Source?

https://media1.giphy.com/media/AEMyf9Oj6MpS8/giphy.gif

AROB44
Source?

Bagdad Bob....

bigplayslay
12-05-2019, 02:58 PM
Source?

https://media.giphy.com/media/l36kU80xPf0ojG0Erg/giphy.gif

HailStateSZN19
12-05-2019, 02:59 PM
At least MaroonFlounder didn't wait until 6 just to tell us that.

LOL +1

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-05-2019, 02:59 PM
This must be a secret type of offer.....Their insiders have no clue

https://247sports.com/board/59454/Contents/sources-top-candidates-have-emerged-for-boston-college-hc-job-139879269/

jwells
12-05-2019, 03:03 PM
This must be a secret type of offer.....Their insiders have no clue

https://247sports.com/board/59454/Contents/sources-top-candidates-have-emerged-for-boston-college-hc-job-139879269/

Their 247 board is so dead. Not sure they would know.

BeardoMSU
12-05-2019, 03:05 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/l36kU80xPf0ojG0Erg/giphy.gif

haha

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-05-2019, 03:06 PM
I would think someone on staff would at least have his name mentioned if he was under consideration. You are going to die on this hill aren't you?

jwells
12-05-2019, 03:08 PM
I would think someone on staff would at least have his name mentioned if he was under consideration. You are going to die on this hill aren't you?

I will go down with the ship, yes.

BeardoMSU
12-05-2019, 03:12 PM

Do you promise?

Know beforehand, that a message-board post is a binding written contract.**

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-05-2019, 03:15 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/5xtDarwlnNgxVN2oO0U/giphy.gif

dantheman4248
12-05-2019, 03:15 PM
Do you promise?

Can't wait to meet wjells when he signs up in Jan 2020 ****

Randolph Dupree
12-05-2019, 03:18 PM

Didn't you say you had a source on both sides of this?

Dawgology
Do you promise?

Unlike a verbal agreement made before an Egg Bowl.

jwells
Didn't you say you had a source on both sides of this?

Indeed

Randolph Dupree
12-05-2019, 03:24 PM
Indeed

So are you confirming the OP? (Honest question)

jwells
12-05-2019, 03:37 PM
So are you confirming the OP? (Honest question)

I have not been able to confirm the OP’s post.

StateDawg44
12-05-2019, 04:10 PM
Well why are we even wasting our time here?

jwells
12-05-2019, 04:39 PM
Well why are we even wasting our time here?

Why are we waisting our time anywhere?*

Should hear something from my source on each side shortly.

TrapGame
12-05-2019, 04:46 PM

https://media2.giphy.com/media/l1J9ETWjKTdN7FZOE/giphy.gif

trojandawg
12-05-2019, 04:55 PM
really hasn't been any smoke on this. there has been maybe one post on their boards, but nothing coming out from our boosters because word would be getting out just like last week. I'm just not seeing it now after what transpired from pre-egg bowl and through the weekend. he's been out recruiting this week. i don't think he is leaving on his own after his tirade. he is going to try to prove something and show us now. I want Jo gone more than anyone, but only way he leaves now is if we fire him.

CadaverDawg
12-05-2019, 04:55 PM
Can we start a gofundme to bribe Boston College to take him?

BeardoMSU
12-05-2019, 04:58 PM
Can we start a gofundme to bribe Boston College to take him?

I've got some Mob connections up here...we could just have him kidnapped? Literally "dragging his Yankee ass" outta there...**

Doggie_Style
12-05-2019, 05:01 PM

You mean like 6:00?

jwells
12-05-2019, 05:02 PM
really hasn't been any smoke on this. there has been maybe one post on their boards, but nothing coming out from our boosters because word would be getting out just like last week. I'm just not seeing it now after what transpired from pre-egg bowl and through the weekend. he's been out recruiting this week. i don't think he is leaving on his own after his tirade. he is going to try to prove something and show us now. I want Jo gone more than anyone, but only way he leaves now is if we fire him.

Not a peep from our big dogs. My sources say the call took place to preliminarily discuss the job but has not heard of any follow up after that. Joe does not seem to be a major priority right now. I can confirm that the “interview” was only done by phone and not in person.

RocketDawg
12-05-2019, 05:04 PM

Isn't that exactly what we want in a coach - someone who is on a mission, with that mission being to win more games?

dawgday166
12-05-2019, 05:04 PM

That ship sure taking its own sweet time in sinking ****

jwells
12-05-2019, 05:05 PM
To continue, there were discussions of a possible meeting in Atlanta on Tuesday while the BC AD was in Atlanta speaking with another candidate but Joe’s schedule with the Conerly presentation did not allow this to take place.

DownwardDawg
12-05-2019, 05:09 PM
Isn't that exactly what we want in a coach - someone who is on a mission, with that mission being to win more games?

Yes. Then he would take the first offer he gets after that. I guess that’s a win for us. Win 8 or more next year and flip us the bird on his way out the door. I’m for it.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-05-2019, 05:10 PM
Joe does not seem to be a major priority right now.....

Really!!! You don't say! hahahaha....... so the BC 247 site is not quite dead then?

trojandawg
12-05-2019, 05:11 PM
that should have been the mission from the start. not to show us now he knows the fans and boosters are mad at him and then tell them to go kick rocks. he is going to try to show he can do it his way or go down swinging doing it.

deadheaddawg
12-05-2019, 05:12 PM
We need a list of people with their names on buildings in Boston. Those guys would know

jwells
12-05-2019, 05:15 PM
Really!!! You don't say! hahahaha....... so the BC 247 site is not quite dead then?

What I said and the their board being dead can both be true. And they are.

starkvegasdawg
12-05-2019, 05:16 PM
Reliable info seems like an unfindable treasure. Need to hire Nicholas Cage and Jon Voight to go search for it.

trojandawg
12-05-2019, 05:16 PM
one lantern he stays two lanterns he is heading to Boston **

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-05-2019, 05:18 PM
What I said and the their board being dead can both be true. And they are.

Well they pretty much said what you had to "confirm" with your so-called sources. Dude you can really stop the act. IF you do have "sources" you need to get new sources. They are making you look like a complete fool on here. Has anything you ever said came true?

trojandawg
12-05-2019, 05:20 PM
the key is hidden in a basement at fordham university!

chef dixon
12-05-2019, 05:20 PM
He aint leaving

jwells
12-05-2019, 05:27 PM
Well they pretty much said what you had to "confirm" with your so-called sources. Dude you can really stop the act. IF you do have "sources" you need to get new sources. They are making you look like a complete fool on here. Has anything you ever said came true?

I gave you new information on what has occurred over the last couple of days as it relates to Joe. Does it maybe line up with other reports that he is not the main target? Yes. But no one has said what I did regarding conversations had with BC and Joe

gtowndawg
12-05-2019, 05:41 PM
Stay away from our coach BC! He's ours! Don't even think about it!

https://media3.giphy.com/media/TD0NYrLpcnsTm/giphy.gif

HoopsDawg
12-05-2019, 05:47 PM
I gave you new information on what has occurred over the last couple of days as it relates to Joe. Does it maybe line up with other reports that he is not the main target? Yes. But no one has said what I did regarding conversations had with BC and Joe

I think you are full of shit, but I appreciate the info b/c hope is all I have:

Andy Dufresne: "Hope is a good thing, may be the best of the things. And good thing never dies."

trojandawg
12-05-2019, 05:58 PM
somebody queue up the Dropkick Murphy's if this were to actually happen.

bigplayslay
12-05-2019, 08:01 PM
OP can you provide an update or at least expand on what you've heard? Not asking you to out your source or anything like that.

dantheman4248
12-05-2019, 08:04 PM
Update: Sources say Moorhead in Grenada crooting at Jake and Rips.

Can not confirm or deny if he was meeting with BC officials or just hiding from his program's town.

MaroonFlounder
12-05-2019, 09:08 PM
Vetting the source has proven to be tricky. It's a BC guy with some connection to Joe. He said unequivocally that there was communication between the two parties. The initial answer may have been no, since Joe is vigorously recruiting. Not sure if they are willing to sweeten the pot.

hacker
12-05-2019, 09:19 PM
The. Wheels. Are. Turning.

👀

chef dixon
12-05-2019, 09:22 PM
Not that Joe is leaving but the more it goes on the more it looks like getting into a coaching search right now could have been a bad idea

defiantdog
12-05-2019, 09:26 PM
How do these threads make it to 3 pages?

bulldog20
12-05-2019, 09:41 PM
How do these threads make it to 3 pages?

We are trying to will this to happen. It's like saying Beetlejuice but hoping for opposite to happen. one day he just disappears though

Cowbell
12-05-2019, 10:54 PM
We are trying to will this to happen. It's like saying Beetlejuice but hoping for opposite to happen. one day he just disappears though

I have to admit it - I am not at the acceptance stage yet.

bulldog20
12-05-2019, 11:29 PM
Best case scenario: He wins games next season and wins ones he is supposed to win while looking competent
Worst case: He does enough to keep the admin from making a change and we fail to capitalize on a chance for a good year in 2021.
Most likely: We get our tails whipped in bowl game due to too much time to prepare and and there is zero enthusiasm going into next season

Todd4State
12-06-2019, 01:36 AM
Best case scenario: He wins games next season and wins ones he is supposed to win while looking competent
Worst case: He does enough to keep the admin from making a change and we fail to capitalize on a chance for a good year in 2021.
Most likely: We get our tails whipped in bowl game due to too much time to prepare and and there is zero enthusiasm going into next season

I hope he learns from James Franklin and makes some adjustments and hands off at least some of the play calling to someone else. Having been at Penn State when he saved Franklin may be a good lesson for Moorhead. There are rumors that he is going to hire an OC. We'll see how it goes. Also rumored that he will hire a S&C guy and a new ST coach among others.

I think some of our slowness on offense at times is because Joe is either trying to make a perfect play call and can't decide what to do or is overwhelmed by everything else about being a head coach.

timotheus
12-06-2019, 05:47 AM
Oh, he thinks each one of his plays is already perfect.

bulldog20
12-06-2019, 08:28 AM
I hope he learns from James Franklin and makes some adjustments and hands off at least some of the play calling to someone else. Having been at Penn State when he saved Franklin may be a good lesson for Moorhead. There are rumors that he is going to hire an OC. We'll see how it goes. Also rumored that he will hire a S&C guy and a new ST coach among others.

I think some of our slowness on offense at times is because Joe is either trying to make a perfect play call and can't decide what to do or is overwhelmed by everything else about being a head coach.

To me his biggest issue is that he is trying to prove to everyone his offense is better than everyone else's by forcing our guys to run a system they aren't completely understanding. Good coaches can adapt play-calling to mask the deficiencies of his teams. Moorhead has done that 2-3 times total which is not a good sign. I think we all hope he could turn it around and make our program into a sustainable 7-9 games a year winner, which I believe is very possible. Another big concern is that he doesn't seem to be aware or want to acknowledge that he came into a good situation that he could have done better at least last year without constantly bad mouthing them. A true leader/coach can see his faults and make efforts to correct and not get defensive about every little thing someone says.

TrapGame
12-06-2019, 10:01 AM

Todd, there's a reason Franklin didn't go all out to keep his award winning offensive guru. He happily pushed him out the door with glowing praise. After last years mediocre underachievement Moorhead should have had whole sale changes in the way he coaches his offense. No change other than bringing in "his" guy. Moorhead has shown zero adaptability thus far. I think he's in over his head b/c he's more worried about his offense than he is the team as a whole. As I've posted before we hired an offensive coordinator that's a part time head coach.

yjnkdawg
12-06-2019, 12:28 PM

I think him trying to make that perfect play has overwhelmed our offense, and therefore you are going to get some slowness, missed assignments, etc. Not having SEC type receivers and our OL having to decipher all the play call changes he makes, and then stay in that stance till 5 or 6 seconds before the play clock expires doesn't help either. I think Marcus Johnson has been upset some with that this year and I can understand why. It seems like there is too much over thinking involved in his offensive plan.

TrapGame
12-06-2019, 12:35 PM
I think him trying to make that perfect play has overwhelmed our offense, and therefore you are going to get some slowness, missed assignments, etc. Not having SEC type receivers and our OL having to decipher all the play call changes he makes, and then stay in that stance till 5 or 6 seconds before the play clock expires doesn't help either. I think Marcus Johnson has been upset some with that this year and I can understand why. It seems like there is too much over thinking involved in his offensive plan.

Anybody upset with Johnson is barking up the wrong tree. The problems we have with the OL are all on Joe's offensive scheme. Way too much advanced math going into those assignments of who blocks who and when.

dantheman4248
12-06-2019, 12:39 PM
Joe is the opposite response to the 3 yards and a cloud of dust coach. It's completely stupid to run that philosophy of thinking with a team setup for 3Y&CoD. Both are bad and a good middle ground is ideal but it's especially bad when you aren't built for it.