PDA

View Full Version : Anybody know the details

Randolph Dupree
12-05-2019, 01:32 PM
Of Joe's extension? Curious to see when that goes into affect and if the buyout was negotiated differently.

Political Hack
12-05-2019, 02:22 PM
I find this nugget hard to believe. If we go from firing a guy to giving him an extension after we stumble into an egg bowl win against a 4-win crap team, I'm done with football at MSU. That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. I know it was reported in the media, but surely it's not accurate and not actually going to happen. If they do give him an extension it better not have a buy out attached... or better yet, it better lower the buy out.

Randolph Dupree
12-05-2019, 02:35 PM
That's kind of the reason I asked the question.

If it's already a done deal then there is no chance that he would get the axe after the bowl game. I doubt he gets canned after a bowl game even if we look like $h&t but there's always a possibility. I don't think the administration was aware of how upset the fan base was prior to the BFTGE and I think they thought a victory would Put everyone back on the bus. They are now keenly aware of the discontent. Still doubt anything changes though.

ETA: if we were to can him after the bowl, we'd have to make sure our "guy" is still available and interested.

timotheus
12-05-2019, 02:42 PM
Word now is that BC still wants him. Who knows?

HailStateSZN19
12-05-2019, 02:46 PM
Word now is that BC still wants him. Who knows?

Word from where? Someone else just started a thread about this. Where's this coming from?

HoopsDawg
12-05-2019, 02:49 PM
Word from where? Someone else just started a thread about this. Where's this coming from?

Just a BC version of Paul Jones. If Cohen wanted to win back the fan base he would work out a deal to send Mohead to BC and sign Napier on Sunday.

HailStateSZN19
12-05-2019, 02:51 PM
Just a BC version of Paul Jones. If Cohen wanted to win back the fan base he would work out a deal to send Mohead to BC and sign Napier on Sunday.

100%. Which means what will happen will be we let Joe use this and we'll offer him a big raise to keep him lol.

HailStateSZN19
12-05-2019, 03:17 PM
This isn't JoMo contract related but just saw it and thought it was potentially interesting. David Johnson, an OM 247 mod posted a search update & it included this nugget:

***As far as I can tell, all Ole Miss assistants are expecting to be let go by the new head coach. But I do think most if not all of them would like to have the opportunity to stay in Oxford. That will be the new coach's call, as Carter has said.

If that's the case, then Joe needs to be calling Peeler ASAP to see if he'd jump ship. He'd be HUGE to add him to the staff. He may not bite until he finds out if the new HC will retain him or not but go ahead and make the call and get the conversation going.

HoopsDawg
12-05-2019, 03:18 PM
This isn't JoMo contract related but just saw it and thought it was potentially interesting. David Johnson, an OM 247 mod posted a search update & it included this nugget:

***As far as I can tell, all Ole Miss assistants are expecting to be let go by the new head coach. But I do think most if not all of them would like to have the opportunity to stay in Oxford. That will be the new coach's call, as Carter has said.

If that's the case, then Joe needs to be calling Peeler ASAP to see if he'd jump ship. He'd be HUGE to add him to the staff. He may not bite until he finds out if the new HC will retain him or not but go ahead and make the call and get the conversation going.

100%