PDA

View Full Version : New low

Cowbell
12-05-2019, 11:22 AM
Has anyone else reached an all-time low in terms of caring about football news?
This is not a coach bash thread, but this season and the ending has just been a gut wrencher for me. My ole miss brother keeps texting me the latest HC news for them and it?s like a kick. In. The. Nuts. Every time. I?m also a cowboys fan so it has been doubled down.

msudawglb
12-05-2019, 11:33 AM
This is not a coach bash thread, but this season and the ending has just been a gut wrencher for me. My ole miss brother keeps texting me the latest HC news for them and it?s like a kick. In. The. Nuts. Every time. I?m also a cowboys fan so it has been doubled down.

The only low I'm feeling is when I come to message boards. I used to enjoy reading the posts. Now, its hard to find something that is actually fun to read. There is just a lot of negative vibes coming from our fan base right now. I understand it, but I do miss reading the fun stuff.

Oh, and I'm a Cowboys fan too. So, yeah, thats rough too. Garrett and Jones have got to go. The boys should have traded Zeke. They overpaid on him and they have a few OL that are overpaid.

Dawgface
12-05-2019, 11:33 AM
I usually go thru a lull right after the end of the regular season. Will certainly watch the championship games this weekend. Most of the bowls I couldn't care less about except ours and the playoffs.

DeputyDawg94
12-05-2019, 11:34 AM
Yes. I have 0 excitement for the bowl game and low expectations for next season. I’m ready to check out on football until it gets better of he is gone. Probably gonna take him being gone to get better so there’s a whole season lost.

ScottH
12-05-2019, 11:36 AM
I'm apathetic.

msudawglb
12-05-2019, 11:36 AM
Most of the bowls I couldn't care less about except ours and the playoffs.

Thank you baby Jesus there is someone who knows how to use the "couldn't care less" phrase!!!

Jack Lambert
12-05-2019, 11:38 AM
Just walk away. I did it for the NFL and I feel way better.

HailStateSZN19
12-05-2019, 11:43 AM
I'm not so much at a "new low point" even though the season was rough. I try to find at least a few optimistic things to focus on or else, what's the point in keeping up with MSU sports if it's just miserable all the time? I'm anxious to see if we make any staff changes & what those changes could be (I'm starting to feel a little more optimistic that maybe we do go out and get an OC along with ST & S&C), I'm anxious to see how we finish this recruiting cycle, I'm anxious to see how we come out in the bowl game and how that goes. Now, if we go look craptastic in the bowl game then my mood will be even more severely dampened going into 2020.

BeastMan
12-05-2019, 11:45 AM
I’m pretty apathetic regarding MSU football. I’m a sick bastard so I’ll watch when they’re on but I just don’t care. Thank god for the NFL and fantasy football. After Christmas conference play CBB and the NBA will help.

ShotgunDawg
12-05-2019, 11:51 AM
I began to become slightly more apathetic following the 2014 season when I realized we still couldn’t recruit.

All we were ever told was that in order to recruit better, we needed to just win. Then we won and nothing happened.

It was at that point I realized that college football recruiting is controlled by a cartel of sorts that ensures that no teams other than about 6-8 can recruit at the necessary level to compete for anything other than a mid-level bowl game.

That reality is destroying any chance college football has at taking the next step in this country and for me personally.

The sport just lacks story lines and variety.

Liverpooldawg
12-05-2019, 11:59 AM
It's not even close to a low. I've seen WAY worse than last year. Perspective helps.

R2Dawg
12-05-2019, 12:18 PM

Nah, your OM friend is just pissing on your leg.

Seriously, I guess this is how I would have felt had Croom been coming back for a 6th year.

Cowbell
12-05-2019, 12:20 PM
It's not even close to a low. I've seen WAY worse than last year. Perspective helps.

We all have LP - heck I never missed a croom home game- I was just hoping we had climbed out of that hole

starkvegasdawg
12-05-2019, 12:40 PM
We all have LP - heck I never missed a croom home game- I was just hoping we had climbed out of that hole

We did climb out. We also just got pushed right back in.

Dawg2003
12-05-2019, 01:09 PM
I mean, the entire thing is really just a big con. Once you accept that, you don't take it as seriously anymore.

Dawg2003
12-05-2019, 01:10 PM

That hole is always there. Just biding its time.

lefty96
12-05-2019, 01:14 PM
Just walk away. I did it for the NFL and I feel way better.

Too true. I now watch 10 times more pro sports than the pure level of suffering MSU football brings. In the end, it is about entertainment and being pissed off and let down constantly isn't entertaining. "What bowl in Tennessee are we going to this year?" is not excitement.

Indndawg
12-05-2019, 01:23 PM

Gonna go baseball game, during SBW but not spring game for first time in forever. Love spring football, but not this year.

Mjoelner34
12-05-2019, 01:23 PM

I'm afraid that next fall, something else is going to get pushed in.

MadDawg
12-05-2019, 01:24 PM

Nope

msbulldog
12-05-2019, 01:25 PM
Well MBB is 7-1.

Liverpooldawg
12-05-2019, 01:25 PM

We aren't back in it yet. As I said it's been WAY worse than it is now.

TaleofTwoDogs
12-05-2019, 01:31 PM
For the fan, going to a minor bowl is a waste of time and money, and even a mid-level bowl is a crap shoot because you are putting $1000 - $2000 on the table for expenses and you don't know what craptastic product is going to show up on the field. Even though State fans are pretty versed in sucking up losses it still ruins the hell out of a trip to see a poor product on the field.

Indndawg
12-05-2019, 01:31 PM
Yes, that's gonna get me through the winter doldrums.

Political Hack
12-05-2019, 01:32 PM
We're a baseball school.

Maroonthirteen
12-05-2019, 01:38 PM
So your brother, who roots for a team that fired their coach after an embarrassing loss to their rival and hasn?t been bowling in 3 years ...... upsets you with all the fantasy and rumor of their next coach. Who will
Be some inexperienced dude or retread off the bottom Of the barrel.

bigplayslay
12-05-2019, 01:49 PM
So your brother, who roots for a team that fired their coach after an embarrassing loss to their rival and hasn?t been bowling in 3 years ...... upsets you with all the fantasy and rumor of their next coach. Who will

Actually they'll outbid FSU for Norvell.. you haven't heard?*******

3rdGen
12-05-2019, 02:25 PM
Thank you baby Jesus there is someone who knows how to use the "couldn't care less" phrase!!!

I got tired of correcting people a long time ago, not to mention they act like I am the dumb one...... they just don't get it.

starkvegasdawg
12-05-2019, 02:38 PM
I'm afraid that next fall, something else is going to get pushed in.

https://media1.giphy.com/media/l2Sq0Vps7Qr6me8F2/giphy.gif

LC Dawg
12-05-2019, 03:23 PM

Ole Miss finished 4-8 and their fans are facing the reality that they can't even get the football coach at Memphis to come to Oxford. And they've had mass decommitments and threats of mass transfer. I'm not happy with our situation right now but I damn sure wouldn't let an Ole Miss fan bother me.
Of course if my brother was an Ole Miss fan I would've cut him off him years ago.****

Cowbell
12-05-2019, 03:45 PM

My brother, who played football at ole miss - He just thinks it?s funny because the piss n miss actually worked out for them - and yes he sent me news of possibly Napier yesterday - so yes it?s a kick in the nuts

Cowbell
12-05-2019, 03:47 PM
We aren't back in it yet. As I said it's been WAY worse than it is now.

We are. That’s what’s sad - so many of our fans don’t realize it - oh but you will soon enough

gravedigger
12-05-2019, 03:54 PM
My brother, who played football at ole miss - He just thinks it?s funny because the piss n miss actually worked out for them - and yes he sent me news of possibly Napier yesterday - so yes it?s a kick in the nuts

My guess is he knows it bothers you that we didnt fire our coach. Firing Matt Luke after 3 seasons and being an international embarrassment wouldnt be the definition of 'working out'.

He's bragging about eating a jelly doughnut......... he pulled out of a trashcan.

StateDawg44
12-05-2019, 04:03 PM
I began to become slightly more apathetic following the 2014 season when I realized we still couldn?t recruit.

All we were ever told was that in order to recruit better, we needed to just win. Then we won and nothing happened.

It was at that point I realized that college football recruiting is controlled by a cartel of sorts that ensures that no teams other than about 6-8 can recruit at the necessary level to compete for anything other than a mid-level bowl game.

That reality is destroying any chance college football has at taking the next step in this country and for me personally.

The sport just lacks story lines and variety.

Well, technically in 2014 we completely shat the bed at the end. Losing any sort of possible momentum we likely made with any big recruits that year. We shot ourselves in the foot instead of capitalizing and finishing. Only proving the opinion most other fans and probably recruits have/had of MSU already.

While it was a good year, the way we finished it isn't exactly how Clemson has stumbled into their recent success.

dawgday166
12-05-2019, 04:44 PM
Well, technically in 2014 we completely shat the bed at the end. Losing any sort of possible momentum we likely made with any big recruits that year. We shot ourselves in the foot instead of capitalizing and finishing. Only proving the opinion most other fans and probably recruits have/had of MSU already.

While it was a good year, the way we finished it isn't exactly how Clemson has stumbled into their recent success.

Not me ... I'm mega excited. A few has said Dabo needed time too so I'm looking forward to next year. Dabo was 6-7 in his 2nd year. I'm looking forward to Joe matching Dabo's 3rd year ... 10-4 and a loss in the Orange Bowl. ******

TrapGame
12-05-2019, 04:56 PM
Not me ... I'm mega excited. A few has said Dabo needed time too so I'm looking forward to next year. Dabo was 6-7 in his 2nd year. I'm looking forward to Joe matching Dabo's 3rd year ... 10-4 and a loss in the Orange Bowl. ******

Auburn down, LSU breaking in a new QB, Saban slipping at Bama. We in the hunt for the West next season!****

Political Hack
12-05-2019, 05:09 PM
Y'all should all go kick rocks.

RocketDawg
12-05-2019, 05:10 PM
I'm apathetic.

I'm not apathetic, I just don't care. **

deadheaddawg
12-05-2019, 05:16 PM
I'm pretty old. I remember bad times. Going to 10 straight bowls is still enough to keep me interested.

And don't get all hyperbolic and think that means I think things are great and we should be satisfied........they are not great and we shouldn't be satisfied..........but if you are currently at an all time low with football interest, then I have to assume you are still a kid or you don't really enjoy football and you are looking for an excuse to check out

DeputyDawg94
12-05-2019, 05:42 PM
Y'all should all go kick rocks.

Waiting on Santa to bring me a new pair. Done wore my other ones out.

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
12-06-2019, 12:06 AM
I started becoming apathetic toward MSU Football 3-4 years ago. I came to realize that we're never going to win a NC, probably never get back to Atlanta and more years than not we'll finish in the middle to the bottom or the West. MSU Baseball now has most of my attention. We CAN and WILL win an NC in Baseball. Tickets cost less, more games to see, every seat at DNF has a great, it's easier to get in and out of games and on and off campus. Between home and away series, the SEC Tournament, Regionals and the CWS, I'll go see the Dawgs play 20-30 games a year. Only 71 days till 1st pitch....

Hail State!!??.Hell Yeah!!

ETA: I want us to have a successful football program and hope Joe can turn this around but now a days when we lose it takes me 5 minutes to get over it where as it used to take me 5 days.