PDA

View Full Version : Matt Stevens dig

FlabLoser
10-29-2013, 09:28 PM
You might have seen the quote from yesterday's presser where Mullen says. "There are no dumb questions, just dumb people that ask questions".

Hadad said on BSR that Mullen was looking straight at Stevens when he said that. Awesome. Now if our SID would just not allow Stevens to ask any questions.

Control. The. Message.

CadaverDawg
10-29-2013, 09:29 PM
I can't stand that Balki looking bastard.

(For you Perfect Strangers fans out there)

http://images2.fanpop.com/images/photos/2600000/Balki-perfect-strangers-2659167-354-450.jpg

Political Hack
10-29-2013, 09:29 PM
lol. that's awesome.

ShotgunDawg
10-29-2013, 09:33 PM
I wish the Columbus Dispatch would go behind a pay-wall so nobody would know he existed.

Coach34
10-29-2013, 10:04 PM
Stevens can eat a dick

Good job Mullen

Op4isabitch
10-29-2013, 10:10 PM
Stevens can eat a dick

Good job Mullen

Wouldn't that be like saying " that alcoholic can have a beer"?

bully99
10-29-2013, 10:11 PM
Actually I kind of like the guy. He doesn't wipe the anal cavity of the administration like Swindoll and David Murray. His podcast on bulldog radio is pretty good except he has Ronnie Musgrove as his cohost or Musgroves brother. Yeah that's what we need everybody joining lock step with the athletic dept.

CadaverDawg
10-29-2013, 10:11 PM
Stevens can eat a dick

Good job Mullen

Yea, maybe Mullen IS about to turn it around.

FlabLoser
10-29-2013, 10:12 PM
Actually I kind of like the guy. He doesn't wipe the anal cavity of the administration like Swindoll and David Murray. His podcast on bulldog radio is pretty good except he has Ronnie Musgrove as his cohost or Musgroves brother. Yeah that's what we need everybody joining lock step with the athletic dept.

This isn't about the Fourth Estate. It's about controlling the message. Independent reporting can take place elsewhere without the cooperation of the AD.

notsofarawaydawg
10-30-2013, 10:54 AM
I wish the Columbus Dispatch would go behind a pay-wall so nobody would know he existed.

Normal articles are behind a pay wall but not his MSU blog.

Tbonewannabe
10-30-2013, 11:21 AM
Hell yeah. I love it.

bully99
10-30-2013, 11:50 AM
I just realized a copy of USA Today now cost 2$ a paper. That's crazy. Who in the hell is gonna pay that for a paper that gets smaller every year. I think the newspaper industry has lost their minds.

Barking 13
10-30-2013, 11:58 AM
I wish the Commercial Dispatch would go behind a pay-wall so nobody would know he existed.

FIFY... we call it the Commercial Disgrace...

War Machine Dawg
10-30-2013, 12:09 PM
You might have seen the quote from yesterday's presser where Mullen says. "There are no dumb questions, just dumb people that ask questions".

Hadad said on BSR that Mullen was looking straight at Stevens when he said that. Awesome. Now if our SID would just not allow Stevens to ask any questions.

Control. The. Message.

The fact that assclown still has media credentials tells me all I need to know about the leadership of our Athletic Department. It's a damn embarrassment. You think any other SEC school would still let him hang around after all the shit he's done? Hell no.

Love the balls from Mullen to go after him. Hopefully the SOB is back.

hacker
10-30-2013, 12:13 PM

WTF? We're not talking about the government.

bully99
10-30-2013, 12:24 PM
Everywhere that stuff has been tried around the country last for about a day. When somebody or a group tries to keep certain media members out, all of their brethren in the media comes to their defense, including the media boycotting and ridiculing the school or business . It's just nonsense. The last time I checked MSU is a government school.

QuadrupleOption
10-30-2013, 04:22 PM
Everywhere that stuff has been tried around the country last for about a day. When somebody or a group tries to keep certain media members out, all of their brethren in the media comes to their defense, including the media boycotting and ridiculing the school or business . It's just nonsense. The last time I checked MSU is a government school.

Um, no. MSU is a public university supported by tax dollars, which has ****-all to do with the First Amendment.

bully99
10-30-2013, 04:42 PM
Wow, are you really that stupid? A public university is run and controlled by the state. It's a government school. Dat you Kenneth Stokes.

Okrastar1
10-30-2013, 06:21 PM
I'll bet you that's the bastard that kicked Dak! Stevens you sorry bastard!

Political Hack
10-30-2013, 06:26 PM
other schools ban reporters all the time. The Ath Dept., and especially the football team, are funded by private donations and sales. They can run it pretty much as a business... and Dan doesn't have to allow anyone into his press conferences.

bully99
10-30-2013, 06:55 PM
Keep burying yourself kenneth stokes.

FlabLoser
10-30-2013, 08:44 PM
The Feds play these games with reporters. Hack probably had to study that shit so he could be a hack.

QuadrupleOption
10-31-2013, 10:25 AM
Wow, are you really that stupid? A public university is run and controlled by the state. It's a government school. Dat you Kenneth Stokes.

My point was that the First Amendment doesn't apply here.

Matt Stevens doesn't have a constitutional right to a) enter the premises, or b) be allowed to speak during a press conference. MSU could kick him out and ban the Columbus Dispatch from MSU Athletic events without conflicting with any laws or causing a Constitutional crises. Matt Stevens DOES have the right to print whatever he (and his editor) deem appropriate about our school but we certainly don't have to support his ability to do so.

M.Fillmore
10-31-2013, 12:06 PM
My point was that the First Amendment doesn't apply here.

Matt Stevens doesn't have a constitutional right to a) enter the premises, or b) be allowed to speak during a press conference. MSU could kick him out and ban the Columbus Dispatch from MSU Athletic events without conflicting with any laws or causing a Constitutional crises. Matt Stevens DOES have the right to print whatever he (and his editor) deem appropriate about our school but we certainly don't have to support his ability to do so.

I agree with you. But I think a cleaner way to handle this is for the Loundes County alumni association to get organized on this. Every time something like this happens, get a bunch of MSU owned businesses to withhold their advertising for one week. That will get the attention of the editor and publisher and it could get the reporter fired. Don't threaten, do it!

Remember when Stans got ejected from the hoops game against UMiss? The some reb did a hack job on Stans and the MSU folk in Meridian got together and the Meridian paper issued an apology.