PDA

View Full Version : O/U How many Years Until NCAA Investigation If OM Hires Kiffin?

ShotgunDawg
12-05-2019, 09:36 AM
Just thinking this though.

Would Ole Miss be allowed to hire Chris Kiffin again to come with Lane?

Whew baby. If they hire Kiffin & he brings Chris with him, the Network will be back up & running in 6 months.

I say 2.5 years until the NCAA would be back on campus.

What say you?

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-05-2019, 09:39 AM

Whew baby. If they hire Kiffin & he brings Chris with him, the Network will be back up & running in 6 months.

What say you?

I really don't care. I haven't reached that level of OM obsession yet.

ShotgunDawg
12-05-2019, 09:46 AM
I really don't care. I haven't reached that level of OM obsession yet.

Well, our administration has so you best get on board.

It's all we apparently care about*

Jack Lambert
12-05-2019, 09:55 AM
I think they are pulling the loopy doop. They already have their guy on campus. They are going through the motions required. Fans like him, he has been a head coach before and won, it would ease tension in the locker room by making current players happy and help preserve the recruiting class. I think they have already chosen who they are going to hire and he was hired last year. But also I am a idiot so I am most likely wrong.

ShotgunDawg
12-05-2019, 10:02 AM
I think they are pulling the loopy doop. They already have their guy on campus. They are going through the motions required. Fans like him, he has been a head coach before and won, it would ease tension in the locker room by making current players happy and help preserve the recruiting class. I think they have already chosen who they are going to hire and he was hired last year. But also I am a idiot so I am most likely wrong.

Agree. I think they want Norvell but will give to Mcintyre if Norvell doesn't take it.

I just watched Youtube videos on Norvell, Healy, Napier, & Fritz, & honestly Norvell is the only one that gave me the warm & fuzzies about being an SEC coach. Healy is super young & naive, Napier has similar country bumpkin tendencies as Pruitt (Not sure I ever see Cohen hiring this type), & Fritz is older.

If you're Norvell & your QB is returning next year at Memphis, why would you settle for anything less than the exact job you want? Texas, USC, Michigan, Oklahoma, Penn State, etc could all open next year. Why wouldn't you just wait for that?

Oklahoma & Michigan could even open this year if Lincoln & Harbaugh take an NFL jobs.

Dawgbite
12-05-2019, 10:29 AM
To answer your original question, if they hire Kiffin the NCAA will be back on campus within the first month of the hire. They will not formally announce an investigation until after the first or second full recruiting cycle but they will be there. Talk about low hanging fruit.

PGHBulldogBG
12-05-2019, 10:46 AM
Kiffin, Leach, Norvell hit their culture better but Napier, Clawson, Clark would fit better at Miss State.

parabrave
12-05-2019, 11:03 AM
What will they investigate them for? The NCAA has already said it's OK to pay players for their likeness, so when that rags store in Oxford starts selling shirts with every players likeness they are not breaking any rules.

KB21
12-05-2019, 11:17 AM
I don’t think they are going to be able to get a current head coach from anywhere. My guess is, they give it to Mike MacIntyre or they hire Chip Long from Notre Dame.

CovertDawg
12-05-2019, 11:57 AM
Mike MacIntyre did an amazing job with their defense this year but he is going to have to really charm them over to get the job when you consider his track record. Two good seasons out of 9..and 5 of the 6 years in the PAC 12 he had two conference wins or less.

2010 San Jose State 1–12 0–8
2011 San Jose State 5–7 3–4
2012 San Jose State 10–2 5–1
San Jose State: 16–21 8–13

2013 Colorado 4–8 1–8 6th (South)
2014 Colorado 2–10 0–9 6th (South)
2015 Colorado 4–9 1–8 6th (South)
2016 Colorado 10–4 8–1 1st (South)
2017 Colorado 5–7 2–7 6th (South)
2018 Colorado 5–6 2–6 (South)
Colorado: 30–44 14–39

DogsofAnarchy
12-05-2019, 12:42 PM

What say you?

The Network is alive and well right now.

timotheus
12-05-2019, 12:49 PM
Exactly. The Network is who got all ticked off when the leg hike went national. This blather about the new AD running a tite ship and all is just dribble. He'll do what he's told. He already did when he didn't renew Bianco months prior.

Jack Lambert
12-05-2019, 01:57 PM

If they thought they could rehire Freeze they would do it.

NCDawg
12-05-2019, 02:21 PM
What will they investigate them for? The NCAA has already said it's OK to pay players for their likeness, so when that rags store in Oxford starts selling shirts with every players likeness they are not breaking any rules.

We've already seen what the NCAA is going to do to Ole Miss no matter what they do-slap them on the hand and say "bad boy". Don't do it again or we will penalize Illinois State.

timotheus
12-05-2019, 02:22 PM
Carter is in Boca Raton currently. It looks like Kiffin is the man if they can reach an agreement.

ShotgunDawg
12-05-2019, 02:24 PM
Carter is in Boca Raton currently. It looks like Kiffin is the man if they can reach an agreement.

LOL.

It's gonna dirty fast. Orgeron, Freeze, Kiffin all come from the same recruiting tree

HailStateSZN19
12-05-2019, 02:28 PM

He's either going to turn them around really quickly or burn that place to the ground. I'm taking option #2. He'll have the NCAA there in about 1.5-2 years. I don't see him staying out of trouble off the field in Oxford.

I think he's a good football coach but he's bound to get in some kind of trouble there.

parabrave
12-05-2019, 02:47 PM
The only trouble LK will get in Oxford will be from a pissed off dad chasing his a## through the square with a shotgun.

HancockCountyDog
12-05-2019, 03:01 PM

Someone needs to tell their recruits, their recruiting class sucks.

TUSK
12-05-2019, 05:50 PM
Some of you cats might wanna research Kiffin's "off the field" life over the last few years...

I'm not saying that I know him, or that he's not trickin' folks... I'm just sayin' "It's worth a look" before ya dredge up that Joey Freshwater cat...

https://www.al.com/sports/2018/08/lane_kiffin_talks_his_rediscov.html

ShotgunDawg
12-05-2019, 05:53 PM
Some of you cats might wanna research Kiffin's "off the field" life over the last few years...

I'm not saying that I know him, or that he's not trickin' folks... I'm just sayin' "It's worth a look" before ya dredge up that Joey Freshwater cat...

https://www.al.com/sports/2018/08/lane_kiffin_talks_his_rediscov.html

For his sake, I hope this is true

TUSK
12-05-2019, 06:02 PM
For his sake, I hope this is true

Me too, buddy... that cat was off the rails for a bit...

I woulda loved to have been his wingman, though!

timotheus
12-05-2019, 06:05 PM
plenty of willing leg available in oxford

bulldawg28
12-05-2019, 06:49 PM
The NCAA won't catch them at all.

Reece Dawg
12-06-2019, 11:08 AM

What say you?

This is way too generous. They would be there by next December.

yjnkdawg
12-06-2019, 01:10 PM

What say you?

The Network never has stopped running. That little slap on the wrist to the OM football program by the NCAA just helped them fine tune on what not to do, and how to handle some things differently in the future.

timotheus
12-06-2019, 01:26 PM
recruits are still being $hown how much they are appreciated for visiting Oxford. They have been peeved during Luke's tenure by the 4 and 5*'s not visiting as much. Kiffin will get that cranked up quickly.