PDA

View Full Version : CL posted MSU and UM attendance

TheLostDawg
12-04-2019, 10:11 PM
Cohen stated the loss was due to the trend of ESPN doing a great job of TV and people not coming. Cohen mentioned about the temperature in one part but Cohen basically said it's mainly just because people would rather watch it on their TV. Another reason Cohen should have another mark against him. He should be hounding the TV companies for making us play all those day games at the beginning of the season. Instead he just lets them run all over us. The article said how old Miss has a larger dip but failed to mention the only reason we didn't dip further was because we had a heavy load in the middle to end of the season and the opponents were the ones that filled most of those seats. The article also mentions how many SEC schools are increasing attendance. Missouri for one had an increase even though a bad year. Cohen better step it up. If we have a lot of day games early in the season next year, I see a dramatic drop in attendance because no one wants to see a repeat this year. Moorehead has to win a lot of fans back and those fans that fought it out early this year I feel like are going to not think twice about missing the early hot games for this upcoming season.

defiantdog
12-04-2019, 10:20 PM
I'm a season ticket holder but live out of state. Those 11am games are difficult to get to when you gotta pack up the kids. 12pm games work for the NFL because they are in big cities. 11am games need to go away.

Todd4State
12-04-2019, 10:32 PM
I'm a season ticket holder but live out of state. Those 11am games are difficult to get to when you gotta pack up the kids. 12pm games work for the NFL because they are in big cities. 11am games need to go away.

I totally agree. At least eliminate them in September.

Todd4State
12-04-2019, 10:35 PM
Cohen better step it up. Concessions were a major issue all year long. The security lines were ridiculous. I almost got strip searched before Abeline Christian. The shuttle bus lines were a hot mess too. How hard is it to get two police barriers to separate the lines? Two yard signs are not going to cut it for two thousand people.

If you insist on having a very unpopular coach you better make up for it in other ways.

Homedawg
12-04-2019, 10:39 PM
Cohen stated the loss was due to the trend of ESPN doing a great job of TV and people not coming. Cohen mentioned about the temperature in one part but Cohen basically said it's mainly just because people would rather watch it on their TV. Another reason Cohen should have another mark against him. He should be hounding the TV companies for making us play all those day games at the beginning of the season. Instead he just lets them run all over us. The article said how old Miss has a larger dip but failed to mention the only reason we didn't dip further was because we had a heavy load in the middle to end of the season and the opponents were the ones that filled most of those seats. The article also mentions how many SEC schools are increasing attendance. Missouri for one had an increase even though a bad year. Cohen better step it up. If we have a lot of day games early in the season next year, I see a dramatic drop in attendance because no one wants to see a repeat this year. Moorehead has to win a lot of fans back and those fans that fought it out early this year I feel like are going to not think twice about missing the early hot games for this upcoming season.

You left the part about him saying that a teams performance did matter for attendance. The better the product, more people show up. As for 11 am games, when you aren't good that's what happens. We can whine al we want, won't matter. We should be grateful for the sec tv welfare check we get.

Maroonthirteen
12-04-2019, 10:42 PM
You left the part about him saying that a teams performance did matter for attendance. The better the product, more people show up. As for 11 am games, when you aren't good that's what happens. We can whine al we want, won't matter. We should be grateful for the sec welfare check we get as it is.

Also it wasn’t Cohen but another show... I heard tv ratings are good for the 11am games. Not necessarily ours but across the board. Don’t expect the networks to eliminate or reduce 11am games.

dantheman4248
12-04-2019, 10:49 PM
TV Ratings for 11 am games are good because people don't go to them. TV Ratings for night games are bad because people go to them.

Goldendawg
12-04-2019, 10:50 PM
Concessions, Section 4: Long lines, understaffed, and ran out of food items after staying in line the entire halftime and into the third quarter against UM. Entrance lines beside the M Club bldg: longer lines, some gates not even open. Happy Thanksgiving night! The 11 am kickoffs and less than stellar product on the field added to a very under-achieving home performance, but we stomped Abeline, at leaast in the last three quarters.

msbulldog
12-05-2019, 07:41 AM
As far as Moorhead getting fans back, I'm sorry my rock kicker is broke.

Coach34
12-05-2019, 08:24 AM
We may lead the SEC in 11am games in 2020

MedDawg
12-05-2019, 08:37 AM

In 2018 at home we had all night/evening games early and our first 11am game wasn't until November 17th. So no one is walking all over Cohen. Sometimes you get the good start times, sometimes you don't. Winning and being a better TV draw helps more than anything an AD can do.

Now, the gameday problems (security lines, concessions, etc) is most definitely an AD thing. Cohen needs to fix those. There were a lot more complaints this year than before.

Liverpooldawg
12-05-2019, 09:17 AM
Cohen can't do one thing about the start times. TV controls that and has been pointed out, if you win more games you get better times. The game day problems he can and should be held accountable for. I'm beginning to think at least the concession problems may be connected to the price cuts.

Hambone
12-05-2019, 09:18 AM
What exactly is Cohen supposed to do to eliminate the 11 games?? Do you honestly think he requests these times?

We are at the mercy of ESPN and CBS. To think he has anything to do with it is ludicrous. Sure, he could complain but that doesn’t matter.

Jack Lambert
12-05-2019, 09:31 AM
Concessions, Section 4: Long lines, understaffed, and ran out of food items after staying in line the entire halftime and into the third quarter against UM. Entrance lines beside the M Club bldg: longer lines, some gates not even open. Happy Thanksgiving night! The 11 am kickoffs and less than stellar product on the field added to a very under-achieving home performance, but we stomped Abeline, at leaast in the last three quarters.

I sit in section 4. I never leave my seats. I let my son go. :)

Mobile Bay
12-05-2019, 09:49 AM
We will get better times in 2020. Usually the worst game of the day is on SEC network with about a 2:30 kick. That will be us.

crackerjax
12-05-2019, 10:36 AM
While the TV folks may like the 12EST/11CST time slot, there should never be a football game that starts before 12 noon local time. If they want a game in that slot, go find a game played in the eastern time zone. They should also try to put as many September games at night as possible. My crew won?t be back for any midday games in September again next year. Sorry, it?s just an absolutely awful experience.

The problem is that the deal the SEC has with CBS that prohibits other SEC games being played during the 230-6 pm window. The SEC powers that be should hold ESPN?s feet to the fire and insist that it put the majority of games in the 6 pm or later window.

Liverpooldawg
12-05-2019, 10:53 AM
While the TV folks may like the 12EST/11CST time slot, there should never be a football game that starts before 12 noon local time. If they want a game in that slot, go find a game played in the eastern time zone. They should also try to put as many September games at night as possible. My crew won?t be back for any midday games in September again next year. Sorry, it?s just an absolutely awful experience.

The problem is that the deal the SEC has with CBS that prohibits other SEC games being played during the 230-6 pm window. The SEC powers that be should hold ESPN?s feet to the fire and insist that it put the majority of games in the 6 pm or later window.

They ALL used to be mid day except in exceptional circumstances, even the Jackson games. Nearly every game was played at 1:30 PM. It was just as hot back then.

MedDawg
12-05-2019, 11:15 AM
It was just as hot back then.

That's not what CNN says.

defiantdog
12-05-2019, 11:15 AM
Cohen better step it up. Concessions were a major issue all year long. The security lines were ridiculous. I almost got strip searched before Abeline Christian. The shuttle bus lines were a hot mess too. How hard is it to get two police barriers to separate the lines? Two yard signs are not going to cut it for two thousand people.

If you insist on having a very unpopular coach you better make up for it in other ways.
The food sucks, but I stood in one line this year because I make my oldest stand in line. He's on his phone half the time anyways so he doesn't care.

Cowbell
12-05-2019, 11:17 AM
What exactly is Cohen supposed to do to eliminate the 11 games?? Do you honestly think he requests these times?

We are at the mercy of ESPN and CBS. To think he has anything to do with it is ludicrous. Sure, he could complain but that doesn?t matter.

Well, technically he could get us a HC that can win, but what do I know***

Maroonthirteen
12-05-2019, 11:51 AM
Just for the record, I agree winning gets you better time slots,but this year just seemed like espn scheduled More 11am games than in the previous year. we had 3 home games at 11am. Alabama had 2 at 11am. OM had one 11am home game.

This year for us was a perfect storm to drive people away. Back to back to back weeks of games , twice! Day games in extreme heat. Least interesting game late in the season and on opening day of deer season. Then of course, the fans upset that Joe didn’t beat Mullen and Iowa.

The things Cohen can fix..... do not schedule 3 home games in consecutive weeks. Schedule a bye before OM and the opening day of deer season. Fix the *** **** metal detector lines and concessions lines.