PDA

View Full Version : Helton being retained at USC

trojandawg
12-04-2019, 05:45 PM
Bohn couldn't make the move or wouldn't. hands were kind of tied and couldn't get Urban and with Helton's crazy contract Swann left him. That's one less job opening now though. not as many domino's will fall without USC being in the mix because they could have poached a big power 5 coach if they wanted to. lot of things should fall in to place now with coaching hires this weekend.

and some State fans think the other part of the State fan base are too pissed about Moorhead after going 6-6 and winning the egg bowl. they should see USC alumni and fans losing their shit about this after being 8-4. i never was a USC fan until after going to school there. the die hards are not happy at all about this especially after getting a new AD. they thought they were for sure going to get a new coach.

Liverpooldawg
12-04-2019, 05:47 PM
I'm a little surprised by that. I don't know the details of his contract though. Contracts can be annoying.

trojandawg
12-04-2019, 05:49 PM
guaranteed out to 2024 was what i was reading.

ShotgunDawg
12-04-2019, 06:18 PM
Wish Helton and Moorhead, it's proof that being a nice guy and easy to work with gets you 2nd chances.

With we had an objective person in the athletic department that didn't have a relationship with Moorhead that would have input.

Billy Beane style

coachnorm
12-04-2019, 06:31 PM
Arrogant USC is a corporation like any business like Microsoft. The business, a for profit private education organization, only cares about making money for its owners and its customers are second thought. USC has never made a high profile hire at the time of hire. This is the business model for decades and do not expect anything to change anytime soon. Athletics are not a priority at USC unless major profits are to be had. Remember, USC had a stadium renovation supported by Stan Kronke rent for the Rams and not aggressively fund raising. The renovation took away 17,000 seats?

Liverpooldawg
12-04-2019, 07:01 PM
guaranteed out to 2024 was what i was reading.

You have got to be kidding. That's insane.

PGHBulldogBG
12-04-2019, 07:06 PM
As much as I don’t like the let’s keep Moorhead decision, I don’t think the market for coaches is that great this year. I’m no sold on Norvell and while I think Napier and Clark are solid, there have been better options in previous years.