PDA

View Full Version : McElwain to Mizzou, Fedora to OM

MaroonFlounder
12-04-2019, 04:59 PM
If true, that is out of left field for both programs.

TrapGame
12-04-2019, 05:01 PM
If true those are very lackluster hires.

Rex54
12-04-2019, 05:02 PM
Norvell to OM, Freezus to Memphis.

HailStateSZN19
12-04-2019, 05:05 PM
OM fans' reactions would be glorious if this happens lol. Most of them on their board still believe they will end up with Norvell & if not him, then they're dying to bring Kiffin in. Literally saw an OM fan post that OM is a "destination job" on the same level as FSU LOL. They ain't beating FSU for Norvell if he gets offered.

McElwain at Mizzou would be a better hire than Fedora at OM but it'd still be a "meh" hire. I haven't seen who all their talking about but saw Fritz's name yesterday associated with Mizzou.

Really Clark?
12-04-2019, 05:12 PM
OM fans' reactions would be glorious if this happens lol. Most of them on their board still believe they will end up with Norvell & if not him, then they're dying to bring Kiffin in. Literally saw an OM fan post that OM is a "destination job" on the same level as FSU LOL. They ain't beating FSU for Norvell if he gets offered.

McElwain at Mizzou would be a better hire than Fedora at OM but it'd still be a "meh" hire. I haven't seen who all their talking about but saw Fritz's name yesterday associated with Mizzou.

I think a site guy or reporter called it a destination job. Maybe Brad Logan made that statement

TrapGame
12-04-2019, 05:13 PM

FSU is in the ACC w/ only Florida and Clemson the only teams to worry about on their schedule. Norvell will take that job hands down. He could really breathe some life back into that program.

HailStateSZN19
12-04-2019, 05:20 PM
FSU is in the ACC w/ only Florida and Clemson the only teams to worry about on their schedule. Norvell will take that job hands down. He could really breathe some life back into that program.

Exactly. Easier to recruit to FSU than OM. In the ACC, he's got Clemson to beat & although Taggart brought that program down, it'll be a hell of a lot easier to quickly turn FSU back into a power in the ACC rather than taking over OM and having to fix all their problems and battle to finish AT BEST 3rd in the SECW & go through Bama/LSU/Auburn/FL/UGA. I've seen numbers thrown around on the FSU board about what they'll probably offer him (all rumor) and it's in the $5-6 mil per year range while OM guys are saying they'd probably be able to offer him like $5.5 mil. He'd be foolish not to take the FSU job if offered and there's a hot rumor on the FSU board from a poster that's been spot on with sources that the deal is already done and it'll be announced Sunday after the AAC Championship game.

Dawgology
12-04-2019, 05:41 PM
Kiffin at Ole Miss.......

Talk about a fox in the hen house....

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-04-2019, 10:04 PM

If I’m OM I am not letting another Kiffin on my campus.

HailStateSZN19
12-04-2019, 10:19 PM
If I’m OM I am not letting another Kiffin on my campus.

Reading their 247 board, the majority of them are pushing hard for Kiffin. Some of them still think they can possibly outbid FSU and get Norvell. The ones that have realized that’s unlikely are onboard with the Lane Train. Drinkwitz is entering the picture for them now too. Looks like as soon as Norvell officially tells them no, they’re moving onto Kiffin/Napier and I’d say the vast majority of what I’ve read has been in favor of Kiffin. They think he’ll be exciting (I agree with) & recruit like crazy (also agree with) but he’d have them on probation in about 2 years lol.

Todd4State
12-04-2019, 10:41 PM
Reading their 247 board, the majority of them are pushing hard for Kiffin. Some of them still think they can possibly outbid FSU and get Norvell. The ones that have realized that’s unlikely are onboard with the Lane Train. Drinkwitz is entering the picture for them now too. Looks like as soon as Norvell officially tells them no, they’re moving onto Kiffin/Napier and I’d say the vast majority of what I’ve read has been in favor of Kiffin. They think he’ll be exciting (I agree with) & recruit like crazy (also agree with) but he’d have them on probation in about 2 years lol.

The real problem is he will probably leave them as soon as something else pops up. I have a feeling that he would clash with their Network too long term.

yjnkdawg
12-04-2019, 11:06 PM
Norvell to OM, Freezus to Memphis.

I think the only way OM will see Norvell is either go see FSU play, watch FSU on TV, or due to some unforeseen circumstance sometime in the future play them in a bowl game. On Freezus, I have no clue other than any school in the SEC who hired him (in any football related position) would not be in good standings with the SEC Office right now.

Tripp McNeely
12-04-2019, 11:11 PM

Delusional bastards...almost feel sorry for them. Kiffin is a pipe dream for those poor bastards. It’s possibly Healy...most likely McIntyre

yjnkdawg
12-04-2019, 11:14 PM
The real problem is he will probably leave them as soon as something else pops up. I have a feeling that he would clash with their Network too long term.

Bigger coaching position came open that he could get, and he would probably be gone. He would be looking out for himself. Which nobody can blame him. It's a business decision. OM loyalty left when Luke was fired. His personality sometimes doesn't indicate that he would get along too well with The Network, but if OM hires him then everything is fine with The Network.

I really don't think Kiffin would have any interest going up there though. Now if they throw enough money his way, then he might.

Todd4State
12-05-2019, 12:36 AM
Bigger coaching position came open that he could get, and he would probably be gone. He would be looking out for himself. Which nobody can blame him. It's a business decision. OM loyalty left when Luke was fired. His personality sometimes doesn't indicate that he would get along too well with The Network, but if OM hires him then everything is fine with The Network.

I really don't think Kiffin would have any interest going up there though. Now if they throw enough money his way, then he might.

If I'm remembering correctly I thought they tried to throw his brother under the bus during the NCAA investigation?

msbulldog
12-05-2019, 07:03 AM
If I'm remembering correctly I thought they tried to throw his brother under the bus during the NCAA investigation?

They did, his brother was somewhat involved with the FCA booster who was involved with the other coach that had Memphis as his area. I can't remember his name Clark I think.