PDA

View Full Version : New Arkansas Coach

Matt3467
12-04-2019, 12:02 PM
Spoke to a friend of mine that's really close to a big donor for Arkansas and he said Kiffin is the man. Apparently it's a done deal. I like the hire.

StateDawg44
12-04-2019, 12:07 PM
Done. Deal...

ShotgunDawg
12-04-2019, 12:18 PM
It's really risky, but it'll create some buzz & honestly, they can afford to be risky because it would be tough for things to be worse than they are now

starkvegasdawg
12-04-2019, 12:35 PM
Lane and Bill can go chase coeds together.

StarkVegasSteve
12-04-2019, 12:43 PM
They need to make a splash hire.....and Lane is definitely that type of hire. However, they're going to have to be patient. Lane has become more of a spread run guy since he's been at FAU and Morris was trying to recruit pass happy spread recruits. They'll be ok because they have some solid pieces to work with, but if they're expecting to win 7-8 games next year then they'll be disappointed again.

Matt3467
12-04-2019, 12:47 PM
It's really risky, but it'll create some buzz & honestly, they can afford to be risky because it would be tough for things to be worse than they are now

I think the last 3 years at FAU he's shown stability and maturity. Before FAU I wouldn't have liked the hire one bit. He'll bring his dad Monte along most likely and I can see him doing well at Ark. He'll pull in recruits and he'll win some games. It'll be a big rebuild but I don't think Ark is an automatic win next year with Kiffin there and our situation.

PMDawg
12-04-2019, 12:48 PM
Yes, I read the SEC Rant as well from time to time.

Really Clark?
12-04-2019, 01:14 PM
The AD at Ark loves them some Kiffin.

LoneStarDawg
12-04-2019, 01:28 PM
Kiffin trying to do ?Pig Sooie? will be quality entertainment

WPS
12-04-2019, 05:35 PM
This was posted on Hogville. Kiffin has some ties to Arkansas (dad was a DC under Lou Holtz and he was almost born here). I think Hogville is trash and not sure if it's true or not but here it is (most think the heavy hitters against Kiffin are Jerry Jones and John Tyson):

I'm posting this on behalf of someone I spoke to this morning who is fully aware that I will be posting it. He has read what Porkatarian posted this morning, but also wrote what Lanny posted a day or two ago and doesn't want his home or work IP address associated with this.

Here's the cliff notes version:

Pork is right about three things. First, Kiffin is it. Second, Butch Davis is number 2 and has heavy hitters backing him. Third, Lane and his camp do now have their ears perked up about FSU.

That said, very important details are missing, and he thinks it is intentional that they were left off, as he believes that Pork is connected and would 100% be aware of this. Lane said "I do." Hunter said "I do." A very small but powerful and vocal faction said "We don't" and demanded that HY continue his "due diligence." LK was no longer considering FSU and was sold on Arkansas until this interference. IT WAS A DONE DEAL (his emphasis). Him now waiting to gauge potential interest from FSU is a tit for tat for the athletic department continuing their "due diligence" after he had already said yes to HY.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but there is absolutely a faction stomping their feet trying to get their way and potentially sabotaging the process.

If we do end up with Kiffin, it will be a testament to HY and his big brass balls. If not, it's because there has been zero shift in the power behind Arkansas sports and the same people are still pulling the strings like they were when we ended up with Morris.

Big4Dawg
12-04-2019, 05:38 PM
Kiffin would be such a fun coach. Actually has imagination

DDawg
12-04-2019, 05:46 PM
While Kiffin is the front runner, its about as much of a done deal as us firing Moorhead after the egg bowl win. Lots of stuff up in the air, couple of other names being mentioned that would be just as big of a hire IF NOT bigger honestly in my opinion. If Kiffin is not announced by next Wed. Im told that he will not be the coach of Arky.

TUSK
12-04-2019, 05:53 PM
This was posted on Hogville. Kiffin has some ties to Arkansas (dad was a DC under Lou Holtz and he was almost born here). I think Hogville is trash and not sure if it's true or not but here it is (most think the heavy hitters against Kiffin are Jerry Jones and John Tyson):

Hey, Pig, I think Lane would have y'all at ~.500 by year 2... What do you rate y'all's chances at getting em???

99jc
12-04-2019, 06:34 PM
Hey, Pig, I think Lane would have y'all at ~.500 by year 2... What do you rate y'all's chances at getting em???

USA today just reported they interviewed Mike Leach 7 hours ago...

NeuteredDawg
12-04-2019, 08:11 PM
Spoke to a friend of mine that's really close to a big donor for Arkansas and he said Kiffin is the man. Apparently it's a done deal. I like the hire.

Who is the donor?

bulldawg28
12-04-2019, 08:36 PM
USA today just reported they interviewed Mike Leach 7 hours ago...

They have to interview at least 3 candidates state's rules.